A Nicki and Todd dining review...with the nieces!! LIVE from the Poly!

Oh Nicki, where is your TTS dinner review? :confused3 You keep teasing us & don't deliver. ;) Seriously, I'm glad you guys had a great trip! Enjoy your nieces while they're young. :hug: All but one of my nieces is grown & married now. :sad1:

Wow, it sounds like you all had a great time!!! too bad about the "princess suite"... LOL! So, when Cait and I come down, wanna plan a TH breakfast?? I really want you to try it, you'll be surprised how similar to Boma it is... and with characters... good for adults too!

I can't wait to read more when you go in a month!!!!!! More pictures! YAY! I'll pm you when our adr res. time is closer, and maybe we can plan an AK day with you and Todd...... yes, I am a compulsive planner, and reader of all DIS!

(and when you go down again, I need more adult beverage pictures... you know what I mean.... some of those Lapu Lapu things...that they have at the Poly???!!!!) Thanks girly!!!

glad you had a great trip with your nieces. looking forward to hearing your reviews from your next trip. curious to see what you think of san angel and le cellier. can't believe i have to wait until halloween to see "the world"! thanks so much!!!:)

I cannot wait to eat at LC again either, it has been 2 years since we ate there last!

Just found your review. I really enjoyed reading and appreciated the buffet pictures! I have to echo everyone else that you are one awesome aunt! Hope you and Todd have a great trip !

Thank you!

That was a great report! Sounds like you all will look back on some special memories. Looking forward to reading your next review too! :goodvibes

I loved all your reviews and cant wait for the next one! I might not have posted before but I always enjoy them~:thumbsup2

Thanks guys!

The frozen chai looks delicious! Where in Asia did you get it?

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Can't wait for next month's!!! :cheer2:

It was in front of the Yak & Yeti CS stand, the Andupur Tea shop or something like that...it was incredible!

I have had a hankering to stay at the Poly for a while now and you have totally reinforced that!

I am literally marking my calendar so I can be on the lookout for your next TR. Your plans sound great!!

Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Thanks for reading! If you ever get the chance to stay at the Poly go for it!

I am glad you all got home safely and had a wonderful trip. It sounds like your neicesprincess: princess: loved it! I enjoyed your TR as always and am looking forward to the next one. :coffee: Thanks for taking the time to do one as I know this one wasn't as easy as it normally is for you.;)

Thank you so much for reading!

I can't believe it's over already :sad2: Reviews & pics were awesome as always. You and Todd are really amazing to take the girls (even if your Sis is a PITA at times ;) ) They will have such wonderful memories from this :goodvibes

Breakfast at Captain Cooks looked good. I've heard they have Tonga Toast, did you see it on the menu? is it the same as Kona's? If I were to head to the Poly for breakfast, I'd just go to Kona's but DS would probably be willing to swing by for a quick order.

Glad you enjoyed Flame Tree! We always enjoy it (I don't like their beans though). The onion rings looked really good :thumbsup2 I'm gonna have to try one of those frozen chai's this summer.

Thanks for another awesome report! I'll be watching :hourglass until it's time for you & Todd to :drive: back to the World :goodvibes

:wave2:

The girls called this morning to say they missed us and wanted to go back to the Poly right away!

Yes Capt Cooks had the Tonga Toast, we saw many people eating it and I am happy to report that it is the same exact same thing they serve at Kona! Make sure you get that frozen chai...YUM!

Thanks for your great report! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for posting those great reviews! I really enjoy your writing, your photos, and that you take time out from your vacation to write these live reports. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the great TR! Unbeknownst to my DH, I am planning our next trip to include a stay at the Poly! Great reviews, glad your niece was ok after her stomach bug. I have two DDs and travelling with kids is an adventure :) I know my girls loved going to WDW with their D-Uncle back in December; it sounds like your nieces will always remember and appreciate the trip.

They did and I wish I could take them again very soon!

I'm guessing The Royal Anandapur Tea Company right across the road from Yak & Yeti.

Here's the menu:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_tea.htm

I'm looking forward to a Chai Freeze this June! :drinking1

Thats the place :thumbsup2

Gotta get one of those cheese danish this trip!!

Todd LOVED them, that is why he wants to stay at the Poly again ha ha!

Thanks! Not to hijack Nicki's thread, but it looks like we will be there at the same time! :thumbsup2

Chat away, love it!

Oh Nicki, where is your TTS dinner review? :confused3 You keep teasing us & don't deliver. ;) Seriously, I'm glad you guys had a great trip! Enjoy your nieces while they're young. :hug: All but one of my nieces is grown & married now. :sad1:

I know right...I am going to try and get in for March and maybe dump Whispering Canyon...I re-read KatMark's review and it is scaring me away :upsidedow

Wow, it sounds like you all had a great time!!! too bad about the "princess suite"... LOL! So, when Cait and I come down, wanna plan a TH breakfast?? I really want you to try it, you'll be surprised how similar to Boma it is... and with characters... good for adults too!

I can't wait to read more when you go in a month!!!!!! More pictures! YAY! I'll pm you when our adr res. time is closer, and maybe we can plan an AK day with you and Todd...... yes, I am a compulsive planner, and reader of all DIS!

(and when you go down again, I need more adult beverage pictures... you know what I mean.... some of those Lapu Lapu things...that they have at the Poly???!!!!) Thanks girly!!!

Ooh that could be fun! PM me your plans....I still have not thought about our Oct meals yet...so unlike me! Trust me girl, we plan on hitting the Tambu Lounge HARD in March!

Thanks! Not to hijack Nicki's thread, but it looks like we will be there at the same time! :thumbsup2

We'll be there June 12 to June 19 at the GF.

maybe dump Whispering Canyon...I re-read KatMark's review and it is scaring me away :upsidedow

Nicki, can you give me the link to her review. DH wants to go to WCC but I'm really nervous, I've heard such horrible things and some very positive wonderful things - I'm so confused if it's worth it or not?:confused3

Thanks to your review, I did add Tonys for lunch, Tutto for dinner, and Ohana for dinner. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Mare

I am glad that Kayla wasn't sick too long! Even though it probably seemed like an eternity while you were going through it!!!

Thanks for sharing all of your reviews and photos! I am looking forward to your next trip!!!:thumbsup2

Kim
momofdbsdca

Great reviews! I'm especially happy that Akershus serves pancakes. DS doesn't like eggs.

Thank you!

Thanks to your review, I did add Tonys for lunch, Tutto for dinner, and Ohana for dinner. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Mare

Oh boy you will love all of them!

I am glad that Kayla wasn't sick too long! Even though it probably seemed like an eternity while you were going through it!!!

Thanks for sharing all of your reviews and photos! I am looking forward to your next trip!!!:thumbsup2

Kim
momofdbsdca

Me too! I cannot wait to get back to WDW

Great reviews! I'm especially happy that Akershus serves pancakes. DS doesn't like eggs.

Thank you!

I figure the worse they can say is no they do not offer anything else but we lucked out!

Great report, Nicki! and congrats on handling the trip with the kids. I think we were in some of the same parks on the same days. HS on Thursday (with Epcot in the pm) and AK on Sunday. You've inspired me and I'll be posting my dining reviews soon (including Boma dinner and breakfast) with lots of shameless pics!

Nicki, you have earned the DINK childcare/good aunt & uncle award for the year. DH and I salute you!:thumbsup2 (and my niece/nephew are coming along WITH THEIR PARENTS in Dec.)
I love your reviews. Boma breakfast was all you said and more!
Miri
aka
Dizwisher

Great report, Nicki! and congrats on handling the trip with the kids. I think we were in some of the same parks on the same days. HS on Thursday (with Epcot in the pm) and AK on Sunday. You've inspired me and I'll be posting my dining reviews soon (including Boma dinner and breakfast) with lots of shameless pics!

We probably saw each other! Cannot wait for your dining reviews!

Nicki, you have earned the DINK childcare/good aunt & uncle award for the year. DH and I salute you!:thumbsup2 (and my niece/nephew are coming along WITH THEIR PARENTS in Dec.)
I love your reviews. Boma breakfast was all you said and more!
Miri
aka
Dizwisher

Aw thank you! I am so glad that you enjoyed Boma, I just love that place!

I see you might dump WCC. After following your reviews very closely I get a sense of what you like and don't like. I really don't think you and Todd will like it.

KatMark: Nicki made reference to your review of WCC, would you mind posting a link to it? I'd love to read it.

I see you might dump WCC. After following your reviews very closely I get a sense of what you like and don't like. I really don't think you and Todd will like it.

You know me soul sister!

I have decided to do:

Breakfast
GFC...never been
Kona...bummed that I missed it last week
Capt Cooks...loved the cheese danish and cinnamon bun!
Chef Mickeys (although I am trying to get Todd to change to CP instead since it was sooo good but he wants to try CM so we can see what the fuss is about)

Lunch
CHH....this place is incredible
Tangierine Cafe...my fav CS of all time
San Angel Inn...Todd enjoyed it in Oct and wants to go back

Dinner
Le Cellier...have not been in 2 years so its time to try it again
Capt Cooks...fell in love with the lo mein!
Tonys Town Square...never been and really want to give it a try
Kona...have not been in almost 2 years and I really want to try that Mahi Mahi!

How do these sound? We are staying at the Poly again so I wanted to eat close the resort so if the Tambu Lounge is calling I dont have too far to stumble back to my room! We are going to MK and Epcot only...maybe DTD but I dont know yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter