A Mother's Day Cruise on the Fantasy sandwiched between BCV (Complete 10/12, p.33)

We did see some guys in the streets again

This is such a great picture of your mom! Love it!

What a great last day! Well, except for the fact that you still don't have a working DVD player. But, who knows - maybe you will when you get back!

I thought the SW parade was pretty cool, but I forgot my camera that day or my battery or something so I only have crappy cell phone pics.

I can only imagine how long the lines were for PP pics. I never went into Darth's Mall, but Cynthia did. I kind of wish I had. Oh well.

Lovely evening in Epcot. I can't say I blame you for heading back to Via for dinner. That pizza looks amazing. I LOVE their pizza!

Great update!

Oh sorry this has come to an end :-( parting is such sweet sorrow! Great to spend the last day at HS and how nice to get the boat. Oh my the F & G show so much eye candy! Sorry you missed the SW parade but good excuse to go back! Always good to leave treats behind to do again. Those turtles! I didn't know they were there at the BC thanks for pointing them out on our recent visit :-) Pam and Jo and I meet up recently in WDW it was amazing.

Your meal looks good enough to eat lol. I love all the ducks around the resorts. So far VGF had the most! Gorgeous!

Wow seeing the fireworks at the end of your evening. What the perfect end to your trip :-)

Our DVD was left in the player when they switched out the player once lol.

Thanks for this TR Pam. Brilliant!

Leaving day still to go, not quite finished yet :)

What a pain with the DVD players!

I can't believeI made us miss the parade :(

Love all those cute ducks! And the turtles are so fun to watch. I'm glad they were out when we passed by.

Yes the balloons like that made for a rare photo. Love it! Wonder if a CM finally grabbed them?

I don't wear mine a lot, no. But that doesn't mean I like it any less.

The gem necklace had to be replaced because of a chip, but that was through Diamonds International and they took care of it. I'm really not a good person to ask these questions. The onboard shopping person will have all these answers. They have a presentation the day before each port for specifics on safe shopping and reputable sellers.

Ok, thanks for the advice!

Day 11: Last Day

We’ve finally reached the last day of this glorious vacation. A short recap: Spent day 1 at BCV, had a magnificent 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy, followed by 3 more days back at BCV. This was the third day. The flight was not until 7:00, so DME pick-up at 4:00. We still had a whole day of vacation to enjoy, there were no vacation blues yet.

Mom woke up at 7:20, and I snoozed until 8:15. For breakfast we finished all our leftovers of Via Napoli pizza and Les Chefs de France mac/cheese. Yummy! We also finished Dick Tracy. Mom had pretty much finished packing before I woke up so I started packing my stuff while she finished the movie. It was so close to the end and she was really enjoying it so I left her to watch. She is one of those who always figures out who done it way before the end and this was no exception. If you haven’t seen that movie, watch it, it’s a classic.

Out of the room at 11:05. I have since learned to put out the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign so they don’t knock fifty million times. I hate that on the last morning!

Down to airline checkin, left our carryon bags with bellservices and off to Epcot for one last time.

This gorgeous plant was at the IG, it was too cool. Very fuzzy leaves.

Our mission was Soarin, mom’s favorite ride, and we enjoyed the scenery on the way. Officially the F & G was over and they had already started taking down topiaries and exhibits during the night. Not everything was gone though.

This was in Canada I think. We had seen the movie on the ship so I thought it was neat this was still out.

We passed the Refreshment Port and I suddenly remembered Cynthia had gotten a cronut there. I had to have one.

Beyond delicious!!! I shared some with mom but she wasn’t hungry so didn’t want more than a bite. Fine by me!

No more pictures until Soarin

We magically got Line 1, love it! I don’t know if you remember but I was suffering from a cold at the beginning of the trip. It lasted the whole time. I was so stuffed up I couldn’t smell the oranges or pine trees. I asked mom if they had not done it at the end. She had smelled them but I couldn’t. :sad1:

Then onto Living With the Land, we really enjoy this ride and there was actually a little wait for it this time.

This was a huge lavender bush, I thought it was pretty

Then on around the WS and back to the resort. We completely forgot to stop at the art store Mary Ellen and Cynthia had interested us in until we were very far away. Neither of us had the energy to back track. I had the most idiotic idea to change shoes on the 11th day of vacation… My feet were killing me!

Funky cool flowers in Mexico. This is where I remembered about the art store.

Tons of gorgeous orchids in the trees in Mexico, we’d never seen them before.

In Norway

In China

We stopped in Germany for some treats

Mom got a chocolate pecan turtle thing, her favorite

And I got my favorite, a caramel marshmallow roll

Then we stopped in Japan and I got a strawberry shaved ice

And mom wanted to get some more icecream in France. We passed the chair climbing comedians. This is a great show if you haven’t caught it yet.

Hazelnut again for mom, she really loved this stuff!

And then back to the IG. How cute is this! Actually skipping down the way.

Back to the resort and we picked up our bags at bellservices and then we went to sit by the pool. Some last pictures of the lobby.

I hadn’t noticed that the lamp had seahorses on it, thought it was beautiful

Out to the pool where I caught up in my journal and did some swimming.

This cute bird walked over to the hot tub and started drinking. Why oh why, it was HOT water!

As much as we enjoyed SAB this quiet pool was very very nice and peaceful. And there was always lots of lounge chairs available. Our room was the one with the giant balcony smack dab in the middle.

Our balcony was the bottom one.

All too soon it was time to get changed and go out front to the DME pick up area

For the first time ever they were on time and we were off to the airport. We grabbed some dinner at Sbarro, we had to pick off the spinach, it was like they took frozen spinach and put clumps of it on the pizza… we’ll never got that again, but the pizza there is usually quite good.

We got an entire row to ourselves in the airplane and had a very smooth flight home. Another magnificent vacation complete.

This is such a great picture of your mom! Love it!

I loved that she wanted some pictures with them!

What a great last day! Well, except for the fact that you still don't have a working DVD player. But, who knows - maybe you will when you get back!

Finally there was a new one. What a pain in the rear! The worst thing is that lots of DVDs have gone missing because of housekeeping. The CMs in charge of the DVD book said that they never see them again. I know it's a big place but how hard is it to check the DVD players?

I thought the SW parade was pretty cool, but I forgot my camera that day or my battery or something so I only have crappy cell phone pics.

I'm still upset I made us miss that parade. One of these years we'll get back. I don't think for at least 2-3 though.

I can only imagine how long the lines were for PP pics. I never went into Darth's Mall, but Cynthia did. I kind of wish I had. Oh well.

I know I saved a bundle not going into Darth's Mall :rotfl: I still wish I had gone in.

Lovely evening in Epcot. I can't say I blame you for heading back to Via for dinner. That pizza looks amazing. I LOVE their pizza!

LOVE IT! You and Alicia are the ones who made me want to try it in the first place. I'm so glad I did!

Great update!

Yes the balloons like that made for a rare photo. Love it! Wonder if a CM finally grabbed them?

I think there was a CM covered by all the balloons, the wind was just blowing them over. It made for a great illusion though.

Ok, thanks for the advice!

They're the experts, and are very nice. We went to several of the shopping seminars, and the CM was actually in the shop when we bought that tanzanite pendant. She took care of all the paperwork of having to send the chipped one back.

Thanks for sharing. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along. Looks like you had a nice last day. I cannot believe that the heron chose to drink out of the hot tub.

Corinna

I ALWAYS get pizza at Sabarro, too! Great minds and all that! It's like my last vacation thing to eat before back to reality.

What a lovely last day. I'm glad the topiaries were still up for you to enjoy. So, I have never had the shaved ice or the ice cream in France. That ice cream looks fabulous. Yum!

What were you thinking switching up your shoes. Ouch!

Was that your first time at the BC? Denny and I spent a night there in March and we will be going back next February for 3 nights. yayayayay! :cool1:

Love your TR and I hate to see it end. What is next on the agenda? Did you do a trip this summer that you are going to write about?

Such a great trip, I'm sad to see it end.

Boy did you have some treats on that last day, sweet hopping around World Showcase!

Oh really? Last day :-( really enjoyed this trip report!

Good tip re putting up the do not disturb sign on the last morning. They do knock a lot! And that basket that just appears from nowhere outside your room with the change of sheets. It might as well say 'times up buddy...get out' lol. Do they put that thing there at night like Santa puts presents ( but not as exciting ) . You never this this sneaky CM do it...

I love that large leaf princess flower. Cute common name for the plant. Like Elephants ear. I love that :-)

Ohhh Soarin' shame you missed the orange scent. Good job you scored it in September with us!

I love Living in the Land. Oh my what a beautiful lavender. They smell just divine too.

Now how come you did not take me to Germany to score one of those amazing caramel marshmallow treats! That looks delicious!

Nice you got the row of the plane to yourselves. What an amazing vacation. I am so pleased you and Mom has such a wonderful time.

Uh, i've never noticed that with the car either :blush:

You guys always find the best treats. Caramel Pecan roll sounds delicious!

Cute photo of your mom and the stormtrooper.

Sorry about the DVD player mishap. But glad they were able to resolve it and get you a new copy of Dick Tracey for you guys.

I love those F&G displays!

How can you not like coffee/tiramisu! :faint: I'm a lover of all coffee, but it took me years to like the texture of tiramisu. Now I can't get enough of the stuff.

I have also written down a note to try the Cronut per Cynthia's recommendation...i also have Living with the Land written down since it's been years since we've been on it!

Wow gelato again huh?! Perfect!

Such a great TR! Thanks for doing it!

Now, when's the next one?! :hyper:

Thanks for sharing. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along. Looks like you had a nice last day. I cannot believe that the heron chose to drink out of the hot tub.

Corinna

Thanks so much for reading. :) It was a fabulous trip.

I was watching the heron walking closer and closer and couldn't believe it myself. It was hot out and that water was HOT!

I ALWAYS get pizza at Sabarro, too! Great minds and all that! It's like my last vacation thing to eat before back to reality.

Usually it's really delicious pizza. But that spinach was AWFUL!

What a lovely last day. I'm glad the topiaries were still up for you to enjoy.

It was a practically perfect last day. Great weather, delicious treats, relaxation. I'm ready for another one!

So, I have never had the shaved ice or the ice cream in France.

Both are fabulous. You can also add sweetened condensed milk to the shaved ice if you're so inclined popcorn::

That ice cream looks fabulous. Yum!

There's just something about freshly made ice cream. We'll be back for more that's for sure!

What were you thinking switching up your shoes. Ouch!

Ameteur move, can't believe I did that! :faint:

Was that your first time at the BC? Denny and I spent a night there in March and we will be going back next February for 3 nights. yayayayay! :cool1:

First time at BC yes. We stayed at the YC, the year it opened I believe, on our first family trip to Disney. Fabulous memories. We both remembered really liking SAB and those memories weren't wrong.

Love your TR and I hate to see it end. What is next on the agenda? Did you do a trip this summer that you are going to write about?

Thanks so much for reading :) I did do a Fall trip, I'm going to hold off on a full TR for that one, I'm a bit TR'd out. Someone requested maybe pictures of the highlights. I haven't started uploading any of those. That was September 28-October 4. Some fabulous parts and some not so fabulous, but overall a great trip.

Next on the agenda is Jambo House CL December 11-15 with mom. We love seeing those holiday decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter