A Mother's Day Cruise on the Fantasy sandwiched between BCV (Complete 10/12, p.33)

Joshua wants to know which soccer player?! :hyper: :rotfl:

Love that your cute mom started with dessert. That's something Chloe would do too. Dessert is my least favorite part of the meal but if I could I'd start with the entree and work my way back and then forward. ;) Your meal looks wonderful! That pizza!!!

I wish I knew which soccer player :( and I wish mom would have taken a picture for me. :sad2: Sorry to josh, utter failure on my part :headache:

That pizza is unlike anything either of us have ever eaten. The crust is so perfect, almost like a pastry crust, and they drizzle olive oil on the top. It's heavenly!

Sad to see the cruise end, but it was good that you were able to get more Disney in after the cruise!
Love the BCV pics!!

Hope your'e planning to do a TR of your recent trip!

Down to WDW :cool1:

I'm super jealous! How was the trip? Where did you stay?

Just a few more wks until our 1st cruise :cool1:

Can you tell me anymore about the black coral purchase you made? I really like the look, but where do you go for the legal authentic pieces? What were the price ranges? I heard there a good place in Grand Cayman-Doc Carey's black coral. I think yours was from Cozumel?

Hi everyone :wave2: Just got back from WDW on Saturday and I have tons to catch up on here, but I wanted to post an update on mine first. I will eventually catch up on everybody's TRs. I had an interesting week. A lot of fabulous times, but some not so fabulous. I won't be doing a TR for this one, I'm a bit TR'd out right now. It was one of the hottest and rainiest trips I've ever been on, but still great fun.

Day 10, 5/18/14

This was the last full day of vacation and our plans consisted of going to HS in the morning and relaxing by the pool for the afternoon. I woke up shortly after nine and found mom reading in the other room. I had expected to find her on the balcony, but the sun hadn’t made it there yet. We took our time leaving that morning, did some laundry, checked emails, and finally got ready. We headed out around 10:30. Our first mission was to ask for help with the DVD player. We stopped at the DVC desk and told them the situation. They said they’d have somebody look at it while we were out. We continued our way to HS. I was thinking we’d walk there, but mom wanted to take the boat. Good idea because it was super hot out.

We had a very rapidly approaching FP window ending for ToT so we raced over there. The only reason we made it was because they had opened a cut through to avoid the parade route. It was Sunday and a SWW and I thought there would be two parades so pushed mom onwards to ToT. Of course there was not and we missed the parade. I am still kicking myself for missing it.

Then RnRC, this was before the tiers were put into place.

How have I never noticed the car was the end of the guitar???

Then we were in need of a sweet snack. Mom loves the caramel pecan roll

And I tried a new treat for WDW, a chocolate chip cookie. It was very delicious.

Saw this cute duck just relaxing

Then we went to see the Maleficent preview. Mom totally called what the movie was about, the love story between Maleficent and the king.

We ran into some SW characters roaming the streets

And as much as we wanted to, we were not going to wait in the humongous line for these two.

We went and found some lunch at the Studio Catering Company. We shared a veggie sandwich and greek salad, very yummy.

Then saw Darth taking pictures, but the line was even more than Chewy’s so we passed.

We did see some guys in the streets again

Then started walking out of the park. It was sooooo hot and we needed to go relax. We didn’t find the shop which I totally regret now. Special parade and shop missed, we need a SWW repeat.

Mom got the archeologist guy to chat with us

Then we were out

Even this cute duck is hiding from the sun

We took the boat back

Back at BCV we took some pictures fo the beautiful flowers

This is on the wall in the entrance to BCV, we thought it was so pretty

Up to the room to change and I checked on the DVD player. It still didn’t work. We’d stop by the DVC desk again before going to the pool. As we were walking down the hall two CMs were walking towards us. Mom figured they were the people to ask and indeed they were. They asked how I had tried to make it work the night before, and since that all sounded right they wanted to check it out for themselves. We told them the room number and they went right in to check on it.

We watched the turtles a bit before enjoying the pool

A very nice lady started talking to me, and she turned out to be a fellow Diser. What a fabulous coincidence! I caught up in my journal, did some swimming, and then we headed up to the room to get cleaned up. We had dinner at Via Napoli booked.

The DVD saga continued. They had given us a new DVD player, but had not bothered to check if there was a DVD in the player they took. Meaning we were missing Dick Tracey. We called downstairs and they said they’d be up with it right away. We don’t know what ‘right away’ means at BCV but after 33 minutes we headed out, we had a dinner reservation to get to. We did stop in the store to talk to the CMs about the DVD issue. I was worried we’d be charged for it. They sadly said it happens all the time. For whatever reason housekeeping does not check if there’s a DVD in the player before taking it away… We still wanted to watch Dick Tracey and they happened to have a second copy. They were happy to let us have that one, they couldn’t have been nicer about the situation.

In the BC lobby

We stopped in France for some more icecream. Hazelnut again for mom, and pistachio for me. Absolutely delicious!

We wandered around admiring F & G displays

The bonsai’s are so impressive

The very last Flower Power concert for this year’s F & G festival was the Alan Parson’s project. We didn’t think we knew any of his music, but Cynthia had seemed sure we would know them if we heard them. She was right, he was great!

Then onto Via Napoli for the second time this vacation. You might not remember but mom requested a second meal after we ate here the day before the cruise. This place is fabulous, definitely one of our favorites at WDW.

She started with the tiramisu which she said was amazing. I don’t like coffee so this dessert is lost on me.

Then the fried vegetables again

We kind of made our own pizza this time. Half white, half red, half mushrooms, all artichokes. FABULOUS! We had leftovers for breakfast.

Epcot was closed by the time we finished dinner. It was very serene walking back to the resort.

We saw some fireworks again from the beach. I think it was too late for the SWW fireworks, might have been MK’s. Newsies was being played on the beach but we just headed to the room.

Back in the room I was very happy to find that the new DVD player worked and we started watching the movie. Mom started fading so we stopped it and decided to try and finish it in the morning. I had a soak in the magnificent Jacuzzi tub and then went to sleep. Another marvelous day of vacation.

Sad to see the cruise end, but it was good that you were able to get more Disney in after the cruise!
Love the BCV pics!!

Hope your'e planning to do a TR of your recent trip!

The cruise was so fabulous, going right home afterwards would have been too much. It was really nice to extend things, more vacation is always better :)

I won't be doing a TR for the most recent one, I'm TR'd out right now. I'm going to take a break and just enjoy reading everyone else's.

I'm super jealous! How was the trip? Where did you stay?

Just a few more wks until our 1st cruise :cool1:

Can you tell me anymore about the black coral purchase you made? I really like the look, but where do you go for the legal authentic pieces? What were the price ranges? I heard there a good place in Grand Cayman-Doc Carey's black coral. I think yours was from Cozumel?

Yes, we saw the place on Grand Cayman, it's right on the dock. Prices can range from $30 for earrings and bracelets to $100 plus for necklaces.

Your cruise is coming up soon!!! :cool1:

This sounded like a nice last day. What a shame that you missed the parade and the shop, but it still looks like you got a lot done. Dinner looked delicious and I am glad that they sorted out your DVD player.

Corinna

Yes, we saw the place on Grand Cayman, it's right on the dock. Prices can range from $30 for earrings and bracelets to $100 plus for necklaces.

Your cruise is coming up soon!!! :cool1:

I think I may want to get a jewlery piece of the black coral! Do you wear yours a lot? What are your thoughts on other jewelry purchases at the ports? I think in one of your other TRs your mom bought you a gem necklace that you had to return? Cruise critic has lots of reports of fake jewelry sold as the real deal.

What a fun day! I'm sorry that you missed the SWW shop and the parade, both were really fun! However, you needed to stalk a spot for the parade at least an hour in advance, more if you wanted to be in the shade.

I can't wait to go during F&G next year, the topiaries are so lovely! I'm sad we won't get to Via Napoli, but we have so many other great "firsts" planned for that trip, it will be fun.

So glad they worked out the DVD issue for you and I just love that Jacuzzi tub!

Sorry to hear you won't be doing a TR for the last one, but can you at least post a few highlights?

Wow what a wonderful day. :thumbsup2

Tiramisu is one my all time favorite desserts but I also love coffee.

That pizza looks incredible.

Lovely flower photos.

Epcot looks amazing all empty.

The flower garden is quite impressive.

Is that big bunch of balloons in DHS just floating there without an owner? :rotfl2:

This sounded like a nice last day. What a shame that you missed the parade and the shop, but it still looks like you got a lot done. Dinner looked delicious and I am glad that they sorted out your DVD player.

Corinna

I can't believe I didn't do any research on SWW and missed that parade. The pictures Alison posted had me really regretting missing it.

That DVD player business had me so frustrated. Finally they fixed it which was great.

I think I may want to get a jewlery piece of the black coral! Do you wear yours a lot? What are your thoughts on other jewelry purchases at the ports? I think in one of your other TRs your mom bought you a gem necklace that you had to return? Cruise critic has lots of reports of fake jewelry sold as the real deal.

I don't wear mine a lot, no. But that doesn't mean I like it any less.

The gem necklace had to be replaced because of a chip, but that was through Diamonds International and they took care of it. I'm really not a good person to ask these questions. The onboard shopping person will have all these answers. They have a presentation the day before each port for specifics on safe shopping and reputable sellers.

What a fun day! I'm sorry that you missed the SWW shop and the parade, both were really fun! However, you needed to stalk a spot for the parade at least an hour in advance, more if you wanted to be in the shade.

I can't believe I made us miss that parade! When I saw your photos I was soooo upset! And I saved a bundle not going into the shop so that was ok in the long run :rotfl: I'll have to remember that for the parade in the future. It will be a few years but I WILL get back for a SWW.

I can't wait to go during F&G next year, the topiaries are so lovely! I'm sad we won't get to Via Napoli, but we have so many other great "firsts" planned for that trip, it will be fun.

F & G is so beautiful. And they've started doing kiosks like the F & W. We didn't stop at any because they were always busy and we weren't hungry at the time, but they've learned that people like the kiosks.

I can't wait to hear about that trip!

So glad they worked out the DVD issue for you and I just love that Jacuzzi tub!

That jacuzzi tub really makes the vacation even more special. I absolutely love a soak. That DVD situation was driving me crazy! Finally they fixed it!

Sorry to hear you won't be doing a TR for the last one, but can you at least post a few highlights?

Highlights is a good idea. I'll have this one all wrapped up at some point this week and will try to start uploading things.

Wow what a wonderful day. :thumbsup2

It was a great mix of fun and relaxation :)

Tiramisu is one my all time favorite desserts but I also love coffee.

I think I'm one of the rare people on the planet that doesn't like coffee. Give me my diet mountain dew and I'm a happy camper!

That pizza looks incredible.

Beyond incredible! popcorn::

Lovely flower photos.

Epcot looks amazing all empty.

It was really cool to be able to slowly walk back to the resort and just enjoy the peacefulness.

The flower garden is quite impressive.

Disney is amazing!

Is that big bunch of balloons in DHS just floating there without an owner? :rotfl2:

Isn't that cute! By the look of that picture there must have been an intense wind, but I just remember it being HOT!

Oh sorry this has come to an end :-( parting is such sweet sorrow! Great to spend the last day at HS and how nice to get the boat. Oh my the F & G show so much eye candy! Sorry you missed the SW parade but good excuse to go back! Always good to leave treats behind to do again. Those turtles! I didn't know they were there at the BC thanks for pointing them out on our recent visit :-) Pam and Jo and I meet up recently in WDW it was amazing.

Your meal looks good enough to eat lol. I love all the ducks around the resorts. So far VGF had the most! Gorgeous!

Wow seeing the fireworks at the end of your evening. What the perfect end to your trip :-)

Our DVD was left in the player when they switched out the player once lol.

Thanks for this TR Pam. Brilliant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter