A most-likely, probably, in all likelihood Solo, Nov-Dec 2012 Trip! *Day 6 11/27

I love your revised plans for arrival day. I would love to see AKL for Christmas, but doubt we will have the time so take a lot of pictures for me.

:woohoo::woohoo: for 2 parties!

I will take a TON of pictures, don't worry :thumbsup2

I'm so excited to do 2 parties now!!!! :woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

DAY 3, SATURDAY DECEMBER 1ST

This will be my DHS day! They have EMH AM hours, so I'll be getting up early (after spending a late night at Epcot!) to get there before the 8am opening. I will, of course, run right here:

016.jpg

I will grab a FP and then get in the stand-by line. After my ride I will head over to ride these 2 next:

030.jpg

037.jpg

After that I will just wing it for the rest of the daytime to be honest. I want to see Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid, as I've NEVER watched either. I know I'll ride each of these at least once:

074.jpg

146.jpg

And do this at least once too:

240.jpg

And Backlot Studio Tour too, in case they really are eliminating it. I'll use my FP for TSMM whenever it's time, and I know I'll do ToT and RnRC each multiple times.

Meals wise, I have no idea. None of the CS places at DHS are all that great. I'll probably do either lunch or dinner at Pizza Planet, as they are alright. Maybe try ABC Commissary since Lisa said it's better now. :confused3

Once it gets close to dark I'll head over to Streets of America for this:

OsborneFamilySpectacleofDancingLights5.jpg

:lovestruc
I'll take a TON of pictures, and get my picture taken with Santa Goofy. Whenever I get my fill there I will head over for more rides on whatever I feel like doing!

When the park closes I will head right back to POP for SLEEP since they close early (I think 8, I don't have that in front of me right now) and I will be short of sleep at that point from the previous 2 nights of being out past midnight.

Plans sound great for your DHS day. May I suggest Starring Rolls for one of your meals? The sandwiches are huge...but they are so good.

I also heard a rumor that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is also being replaced with something on Raphunzel....so definitely see if it you can.

Plans sound great for your DHS day. May I suggest Starring Rolls for one of your meals? The sandwiches are huge...but they are so good.

I also heard a rumor that Voyage of the Little Mermaid is also being replaced with something on Raphunzel....so definitely see if it you can.

Oh yes, I forgot about Starring Rolls! I do want to try there. I wanted to in February, but they closed early so I didn't get to.

I heard that rumor too, which I why I am making sure to see both shows this trip. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

We ate at Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary on our DHS day last year. DH actually requested ABC again. We just had burgers, but I guess he really liked his. :confused3
I hadnt heard that rumor about Little Mermaid. Will have to make sure I see it again.

Sounds like a great day at DHS. If everything they say is changing there does, the park is going to be completely different in a few years!

December 1st is our departure day. :(

But, we may run into you again! I'm considering DHS for EMH that morning. We have till about 2 pm before we have to head back to the resort to catch the DME so I was thinking about one more ride on TSM. It will depend on what time we get up and out that morning as we will have to pack and take our bags to the Custom House before we head out.

We ate at Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary on our DHS day last year. DH actually requested ABC again. We just had burgers, but I guess he really liked his. :confused3
I hadnt heard that rumor about Little Mermaid. Will have to make sure I see it again.

I haven't seen the VoLM rumor as often as the Backlot Studio Tour, but I did see a few things about it possibly closing and since I've never seen it I want to make sure I do just in case!

Sounds like a great day at DHS. If everything they say is changing there does, the park is going to be completely different in a few years!

December 1st is our departure day. :(

But, we may run into you again! I'm considering DHS for EMH that morning. We have till about 2 pm before we have to head back to the resort to catch the DME so I was thinking about one more ride on TSM. It will depend on what time we get up and out that morning as we will have to pack and take our bags to the Custom House before we head out.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for you that morning, just in case. I really need to post a picture of my backpack, just in case. I keep forgetting. :rotfl:

We tried ABC commissary last trip and it wasn't awful. It was your basic fast-food meal, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was slow as heck though.

I vote for a cupcake from Starring Rolls for breakfast/early lunch. :rotfl:

We tried ABC commissary last trip and it wasn't awful. It was your basic fast-food meal, nothing special, but nothing bad. Service was slow as heck though.

I vote for a cupcake from Starring Rolls for breakfast/early lunch. :rotfl:

Thanks for the opinion on ABC Commissary. And I'll definitely be getting at least a cupcake from Starring Rolls!! :goodvibes

Hey everyone! Haven't been on for a few days, as I've been pretty busy. It's only going to get worse over the next 5 days, so I thought I better get in a post tonight! :rotfl: I'll be back shortly with my Day 4 plans, but first, my moment of panic from yesterday:

So, I booked thru a TA, Small World, because it was the only way to get Free Dining if you were staying less than 6 nights (I'm there 5). Your Mickey Mail gets sent to your TA, and she said she would send it to me so I would receive it two weeks before I leave. I still hadn't gotten it by Saturday, so I emailed her Sunday. Got a reply back that the original paperwork they got several weeks ago was wrong, had the wrong number of ticket days and something else, so she had requested new paperwork and it still hadn't arrived. Thankfully she email me this morning to say they got the correct paperwork in and was sending it priority mail to me. While I'm relieved, I'm also a little :headache: that I wasn't told any of this until I asked. I kinda wish I had been given a heads up so I wasn't panicking when I didn't get my MM on time. But, oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now and is correct.

Be back soon with Day 4! :goodvibes

I would have panicked too! I agree, she should have let you know there was a problem. It's not like it takes a very long time to send an email saying "I got your paperwork, but Disney made some mistakes and needs to send new one. I'll send them your way as soon as I receive them".

I would have panicked too! I agree, she should have let you know there was a problem. It's not like it takes a very long time to send an email saying "I got your paperwork, but Disney made some mistakes and needs to send new one. I'll send them your way as soon as I receive them".

Exactly. She's been very nice so I'm not too upset, but I do wish she would have just given me a heads up so I knew what was going on. But I'm not going to keep dwelling on it, I'm going to be excited that in 8.5 days I'll be at WDW! :woohoo::cool1:

DAY 4, SUNDAY DECEMBER 2ND

I'll be getting up bright and early this morning and heading here:

006.jpg

As I always do, my first attraction will be this:

020.jpg

I'll probably get a FP for it either before or after my first ride. I'm looking forward to the new version, without the story and with the zebras! :goodvibes

I'll most likely do Pagani Forest Trail next, then hop on this:

100.jpg

And visit Rafiki's Planet Watch and Conservation Station. Once done there I'll head toward Asia (and hopefully see DeVine along the way) to do Majarajah Jungle Trek and then:

303.jpg

Once I ride that once or twice, or maybe three times, I'll head over to Dinoland:

365.jpg

For Dinosaur and Finding Nemo (can you believe I've never seen this?). Sometime along the way I'll grab lunch (at either Flame Tree or Pizzafari, depending on what I feel like). I also want to see Festival of the Lion King if I can, since I haven't seen it since 2008!

I'll ride KS with my Fastpass when it's time, and probably another time too, since I love it so much. Once the time rolls around I'll get a good spot for Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade and watch that, then head out to head to MK, for my second time of MVMCP.

This MVMCP will be all about the characters. I'll eat around 5pm, then get in line for my first character. Still trying to decide exactly who to start with, it will depend some on who I managed to see the first party. But I'm hoping to get great pictures like these ones from my first party in 2010 (Disclaimer, I hate these pictures as I was 40lbs heavier than I am now, but oh well, they are all I have!):

Mewith7Dwarfs.jpg

MewithPoohandPiglet.jpg

MewithAuroraandPhillip.jpg

MewithCinderellaandPrinceCharming.jpg

MewithMickeyandMinnie.jpg

And my favorite character interaction ever...

MewithTianaandNaveen2.jpg

If you haven't seen me posting about this before, here is why they were my favorite interaction: They were the very last characters I met with, right before the party ended. There was no one else in line so they talked to me for about 10 minutes. They found out I'm from Maryland, and we started talking about crabcakes. Tiana was telling me she had never had one before, and when she heard the term "crabcake" she pictured a sheet-cake like food item made of crab meat instead of cake. :lmao: Once I explained they were more like burgers than cakes, which disappointed her a bit. Then they told me about the time they invited Ariel over for dinner and made the mistake of serving seafood. Apparently Sebastian and Flounder still wouldn't talk to them, and Ariel wasn't thrilled either but finally forgave them. Lesson of the night: Never serve seafood when Ariel is over. :thumbsup2 They were just both so amazingly nice and hilarious, and stayed completely in character the whole time.

Anyway, I plan on staying until the very end of the party and hopefully getting every character I didn't get Thursday, but I know I'll probably miss some. Once the party is over I'll head back to POP to sleep!

Your day 4 plans sound jam packed and great! I never seem to spend much time at AK, and I know I really need to. Most trips I end up skipping it.

Your pictures are great, even if you don't like seeing your old self in them. :) You must like them a little because the change in you is great! I am also done 40, hoping for 80 more by this time next year.

Yea for Animal Kingdom! I love that park.

I saw the Finding Nemo show in 2010 and thought it was just ok. Granted, Finding Nemo is not on my list of favorite Disney movies so maybe that was why. Glad I saw it but am not in a rush to see it again. FOLK on the other hand, I could see over and over!

Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss. I lost 25 pounds a few years ago and I know how hard that can be to do!

Your day 4 plans sound jam packed and great! I never seem to spend much time at AK, and I know I really need to. Most trips I end up skipping it.

Your pictures are great, even if you don't like seeing your old self in them. :) You must like them a little because the change in you is great! I am also done 40, hoping for 80 more by this time next year.

I really love AK, but I'm a huge animal fan so it's a no brainer for me!

Thanks, it is nice to see how far I've come, but I cringe a bit knowing I let myself get that way. Good job on your weight loss so far, and good luck on losing the rest! :goodvibes

Yea for Animal Kingdom! I love that park.

I saw the Finding Nemo show in 2010 and thought it was just ok. Granted, Finding Nemo is not on my list of favorite Disney movies so maybe that was why. Glad I saw it but am not in a rush to see it again. FOLK on the other hand, I could see over and over!

Oh, and congratulations on the weight loss. I lost 25 pounds a few years ago and I know how hard that can be to do!

I want to see Nemo since I've never seen it (the show, seen the movie and LOVE it!). I loved FotLK last time I saw it!

Thanks, congrats to you too!

Hey everyone! Haven't been on for a few days, as I've been pretty busy. It's only going to get worse over the next 5 days, so I thought I better get in a post tonight! :rotfl: I'll be back shortly with my Day 4 plans, but first, my moment of panic from yesterday:

So, I booked thru a TA, Small World, because it was the only way to get Free Dining if you were staying less than 6 nights (I'm there 5). Your Mickey Mail gets sent to your TA, and she said she would send it to me so I would receive it two weeks before I leave. I still hadn't gotten it by Saturday, so I emailed her Sunday. Got a reply back that the original paperwork they got several weeks ago was wrong, had the wrong number of ticket days and something else, so she had requested new paperwork and it still hadn't arrived. Thankfully she email me this morning to say they got the correct paperwork in and was sending it priority mail to me. While I'm relieved, I'm also a little :headache: that I wasn't told any of this until I asked. I kinda wish I had been given a heads up so I wasn't panicking when I didn't get my MM on time. But, oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now and is correct.

Be back soon with Day 4! :goodvibes

You had every right to be upset. I think that the agent should have called you when they received the first set of paperwork even if it was incorrect. Thank goodness your correct package is on it's way to you.

You had every right to be upset. I think that the agent should have called you when they received the first set of paperwork even if it was incorrect. Thank goodness your correct package is on it's way to you.

I definitely think she should have called me, but I'm just trying to focus on being excited about my trip and forgetting being mad about that. Especially since I know I should receive my MM today :thumbsup2

I liked Nemo, but it wasn't my favorite. It was Ron's favorite though, and we will be watching it again this January.

Love your plans for this day. And I have to tell you that your pictures from the Christmas party have me so excited that I can hardly stand it.

If I don't get back here, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

poohthanksgiving.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter