A Love Affair With Us And The DxDP (W/Pics): 7/13: Snacks! Pg. 12

Didn't you get to FF twice on your last trip? I'm so jealous. :worship:
Nope, I only did FF once this trip (although I went there 2 months ago and got the snapper). This time I went with the thunder entree and napoleon, and the napoleon was the star. Next time we go (which is tentatively in August), I'd love to try the salmon exactly as it is in that pic! :banana:

Her dish was presented to her and she immediately looked at me and said:

"My fish has spit on it."

And then she tasted her spit. And she promptly looked at me and said:

"Oh my gawd. You have to taste this spit. It's the best spit I've ever had."
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Loving your review! FF looks so wonderful....spit and all!:rotfl2:

Between your reviews and DonaldDoleWhip's I am sunk..how do I work in FF now? SHould I ditch AP for it (never been there) or Citricos (been a few times)

Donald already has me cancelling LC for Yachtsman...:lmao: And now you.....:rotfl2:

These pictures and your descriptions are so great! Tell UR that I had spit on my raviolis at Cali Grill and it was the best spit I ever had too :worship:
Choosing between the signature restaurants is so hard! Personally I like Flying Fish a little bit better then Artist Point, but Artist Point is really good. I'd probably ditch Citricos, (even though I really like that too,) only because you've been there before. I think it's just all the reviews for Flying Fish I've read recently, but I had to drop something too just to eat there.

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you!!

My Mom and I will be going on our first vacation together as adults this September. Although we will be hanging out with my BBF and her family at times, I wanted to make sure she and I went to some more adult meals. We will be on the DxDDP for 7 days. I have us resisses for Le Cellier, Yachtsman, and Flying Fish throughout our trip. Your reviews have reassured me that I have made the right choices! :worship: I will for sure be getting the mussels at FF! Yumm-O!!

FF is one of our all time favorites.

That dessert looks so cute AND Yummy!

Thanks for the review!

Congratulations :bride::bride: to both of you! Your reviews are awesome and funny:lmao: My DD & I are do the DLX the first time in September (DD mission is to eat all the restaurants in DW & by doing the DLX this time we can knock off a few more!) We are hitting FF, CG, & Tony's for the first time this trip and I might be changing a couple of my choices based on your pictures - yes I am one of "them" that has a spreadsheet with all our choices on it and the prices on it so that I will have enough saved just for the tips. Just changed on Saturday from YS to FF for our first dinner and so glad I did after reading your report.

Have a magical marriage!!!!!!!!

An awesome review of it all! :) Thank you! I want to order those Mai Tai's in Sept! Can't wait for FF now!

You have just made me so excited about our Flying Fish ADR :banana:

If they aren't offering the Boardwalk dessert trio when we visit in October I will probably cry :sad:

Nope, I only did FF once this trip (although I went there 2 months ago and got the snapper). This time I went with the thunder entree and napoleon, and the napoleon was the star. Next time we go (which is tentatively in August), I'd love to try the salmon exactly as it is in that pic!

I hope that's exactly what you get! :cheer2:

Her dish was presented to her and she immediately looked at me and said:

"My fish has spit on it."

And then she tasted her spit. And she promptly looked at me and said:

"Oh my gawd. You have to taste this spit. It's the best spit I've ever had."
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Loving your review! FF looks so wonderful....spit and all!:rotfl2:

Thank you so much! :lmao:

I have got to eat at FF. It is fantastic. :lovestruc

You really do have to eat there. I'm trying to spread the Flying Fish love. :laughing:

I highly recommend the spit. ;)

Maybe we should get a spit-maker at home. :idea:

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you!!

My Mom and I will be going on our first vacation together as adults this September. Although we will be hanging out with my BBF and her family at times, I wanted to make sure she and I went to some more adult meals. We will be on the DxDDP for 7 days. I have us resisses for Le Cellier, Yachtsman, and Flying Fish throughout our trip. Your reviews have reassured me that I have made the right choices! :worship: I will for sure be getting the mussels at FF! Yumm-O!!

Deluxe for 7 days??? :eek: You're going to be full!

Are you going to be doing a dining review?

FF is one of our all time favorites.

That dessert looks so cute AND Yummy!

Thanks for the review!

Thank you for reading!

Congratulations :bride::bride: to both of you! Your reviews are awesome and funny:lmao: My DD & I are do the DLX the first time in September (DD mission is to eat all the restaurants in DW & by doing the DLX this time we can knock off a few more!) We are hitting FF, CG, & Tony's for the first time this trip and I might be changing a couple of my choices based on your pictures - yes I am one of "them" that has a spreadsheet with all our choices on it and the prices on it so that I will have enough saved just for the tips. Just changed on Saturday from YS to FF for our first dinner and so glad I did after reading your report.

Have a magical marriage!!!!!!!!

Spreadsheets are our friends. :upsidedow

An awesome review of it all! :) Thank you! I want to order those Mai Tai's in Sept! Can't wait for FF now!

The memory of those mai tai's makes me happy. :rotfl:

You have just made me so excited about our Flying Fish ADR :banana:

If they aren't offering the Boardwalk dessert trio when we visit in October I will probably cry :sad:

I will cry for you! I'm hoping it will become an old standard, because it is so fun!

If it's not there though, get the banana napoleon. :teeth:

After we finished our heavenly grub at Flying Fish, we headed over to Epcot to watch Illuminations (our first time, we were both Illuminations virgins) and to spend some of our snack credits.

We had 6 snack credits left after using 2 for some rice crispy Mickey heads for some loved ones back home. (Can you say cheap souveniers? :idea:)

I had all of the snacks that I wanted written into the brain inside of my head. There was a problem though...our meals had left us too full to even entertain the thought of eating around the Epcot countries. :sad2: We did make a few stops this evening though.

The first place we went was Karamel Kuche:

DCWedding722.jpg

DCWedding720.jpg

DCWedding721.jpg

I got the caramel roll with marshmallow, which I ate on the plane ride home the next day. I'm sure it would have been better fresh...but at the time I remember thinking that the warm, chocolate chip cookies we got on the plane put it to shame.

We also stopped in Norway for some school bread. We hadn't originally wanted to waste snack credits on school bread because of the low price tag, but at this point, we just wanted to use our credits.

DCWedding870.jpg

We didn't eat these either. We took them on the plane with us as well, and then ended up pawning them off on another family member. We were just too full to eat...for days! :eek:

Here's a few more Norway pictures:

DCWedding869.jpg

DCWedding871.jpg

I'm thinking we need another trip to Disney since we *technically* missed out on school bread. And while we're there, we may need another trip to Flying Fish. :rolleyes1

We still had 3 credits left after our walk around Epcot, and we used these the next day at Goofy's Candy in DTD. 3 packages of Goofy gummies and we were set!

DCWedding895.jpg

DCWedding897.jpg

DCWedding898.jpg

DCWedding900.jpg

DCWedding901.jpg

DCWedding903.jpg

DCWedding907.jpg

I told UncleR I want one of these for my next birthday cake...

DCWedding905.jpg

8 snack credits to use and all we got was a smushed caramel roll and some gummies. :lmao:

The best way to sum up the DxDP for us is this: It kicked our food-lovin' rear-ends. :rotfl: 2 days, 12 food credits, 8 snack credits...and we walked away feeling like Uncle Vernon from Harry Potter.

I had dreams of eclairs from France and canolis from Italy, and all I got was some Mickey-head shaped gummies. Bummer. The only thing to remedy my feelings of sadness may be another Disney trip focused solely on the "small bites" of Disney. :teeth:

Snack Credits Used: 8
Total Price of DxDP: $315.96
Total Cost of Snacks: $27.68
Total Value of Dining Plan Meals & Snacks: $471.34

Up Next: Too full for Kouzzina...

A trip entirely of snacks...that doesn't sound like a bad idea!! MickeyNicki just did a trip with no ADRs. Maybe I should volunteer to do a trip consisting entirely of items that are considered "snacks"? Not for this next trip though because I woke up at 5 am on day 180 to make my ADRS! :rotfl2:

just catching up ... though not sure how I missed this so far :confused3

first off, congratulations - glad you had a great honeymoon

Sorry to hear Cali Grill didn't live up to your exceptions. We had an amazing meal there last time and are planning to go back - but even given that I recall the appetizers/sushi being the highlight .... not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

Your review of FF is really making me consider putting it on the plan for our next trip - everything looked great and I love a good cheese board :thumbsup2

Deluxe for 7 days??? :eek: You're going to be full!

Are you going to be doing a dining review?

Well, I was thinking about it. I have never done one before ... makes me a little nervous. LOL!

I have loved reading your reviews :goodvibes

I think that the snacks are one of the best things about WDW food and we are usually too full to enjoy them

I love the idea of a 'small bites' vacation popcorn::

I still have a packet of gummy bears from our trip last August along with a few nets of the foil covered chocolate coins. I am determined not to eat them for a while yet :rotfl:

From your totals you got really good value out of your plan. I hope we can achieve the same.

Congratulations on your marriage! I wish you both all the best for happy and long lives together.

I just got some fantastic news. Next June, we are being treated to a 4 night trip in the Wilderness Lodge with the deluxe dining plan. :cloud9 It's my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary, and they just told us that spending 4 nights together with us and DH's sister's family in Disney World is how they want to celebrate. I've been very, very lucky in the marriage department--my in-laws are awesome, and my husband is a great guy too. Wishing the same for you two too...

We were on the regular dining plan the past three summers at WDW and enjoyed each trip immensely. I am thrilled that I now have a deluxe dining trip to plan for.

I'll be on this board doing lots of research and really appreciate reports like yours, GL. Your descriptions are fun to read, and the photos are a joy to view. I've always like Uncle Remus's posts on the CB, and I'm thrilled to read about her newfound happiness in being married.

Congrats again! :)

Flying Fish sounds like a great meal! It's #2 on the list of signatures that I MUST try! LOL.

MMMM..school bread! I love that stuff so much! :cloud9:

I'm sorry you guys were so full, but I can totally understand why!

Congratulations on your marriage! I wish you both all the best for happy and long lives together.

I just got some fantastic news. Next June, we are being treated to a 4 night trip in the Wilderness Lodge with the deluxe dining plan. :cloud9 It's my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary, and they just told us that spending 4 nights together with us and DH's sister's family in Disney World is how they want to celebrate. I've been very, very lucky in the marriage department--my in-laws are awesome, and my husband is a great guy too. Wishing the same for you two too...

We were on the regular dining plan the past three summers at WDW and enjoyed each trip immensely. I am thrilled that I now have a deluxe dining trip to plan for.

I'll be on this board doing lots of research and really appreciate reports like yours, GL. Your descriptions are fun to read, and the photos are a joy to view. I've always like Uncle Remus's posts on the CB, and I'm thrilled to read about her newfound happiness in being married.

Congrats again! :)

Hey there, JJ, thanks for your congrats 'n kind words. :goodvibes

You're gonna love that DxDP, most of the fun is pourin' over the menus before ya even make the ADRs! :rotfl:

Since your in-laws anniversary is next June (same as our 1st one), we'll raise a glass to them 'n be expectin' a dinin' review from you as soon as you get your pics loaded.
(Like the way I hinted? :lmao:)

And thanks to the rest of y'all for the congrats, we appreciate it so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter