A Love Affair With Us And The DxDP (W/Pics): 7/13: Snacks! Pg. 12

OMG how are you going to have room for the entree?!!!!!

Champers, muse, apps and gorgeous bread you must have been totally stuffed :rolleyes:

Those mussels have haunted me since last October- they were sooo good! :lovestruc
Great reviews!

Every time I come back to this thread they haunt me some more. :lmao:

Thanks! Actually, DD has high functioning autism but in this situation I think she'd do fine... I was planning to let her listen to her ipod and read a book- I guess there's enough light to do that based on your last post LOL. I can't wait to read more reviews of y'alls

She'll be just fine. Take her and enjoy. :)

I loove the mussels at FF, sooo good. I can't wait to have them again next trip,great pictures and review:goodvibes

Thank you so much.

I just added FF to my lineup for next trip, so I anxiously await to hear how the rest of your meal was.

Happy 4th!

Yay! I can't wait to read another one of your reviews!

We have been to FF many times just for appetizers, sides desserts, and wine. Everything has been so good. I have bee stuck on the tomato mozzarella appetizer for a while. Need to revisit the mussels!

I'm not one to walk away from tomato and mozzarella, but I had to for the mussels. Alas, those mussels were so delicious that I will probably never try the tomato and mozz at FF. :rotfl2:

OMG how are you going to have room for the entree?!!!!!

Champers, muse, apps and gorgeous bread you must have been totally stuffed :rolleyes:

We were totally stuffed. But, when you eat what we ate next, you just have to push through. It's like a marathon. :teeth:

:lmao:

Congratulations!!! I am really enjoying your reviews.

FF is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. We have had Theresa as our server too.

We like FF so much that we had our rehearsal dinner there when we got married in April. The cucumber soup was one of our courses too! OMG! Sooo good!

Can't wait to read more!!!

PS: Its so great that the Boardwalk celebrated your honeymoon like that. The GF didn't really do anything (and we got married there). Not that you should expect something, but, still...

Oh, we did get something...our last day there we got a chocolate Mickey that said "Happy Birthday Tom". No one in our party is named Tom, and it was no one's birthday...:lmao: Ah well. We had a blast nonetheless.

Looking forward to more reviews!

DCWedding764.jpg

I know it's horrible, but we were so full from all of the food on the DxDP that we never ate any snacks. :scared1: We didn't get down to Boardwalk Bakery for anything to eat! But UncleR was looking at the pictures with me just a bit ago, and she wishes we had one of those nut clusters right now! :lmao:

UncleR, my favorite candy in WDW is the macadamia nut cluster. I always return home with at least a dozen. The nuts, caramel and the milk and dark chocolate are awesome. :worship:

I'm really enjoying your great reviews and pictures!:goodvibes

Kathy

Congrats on your nuptials. DH and I are just about to celebrate 11 years!!:love:

Flying Fish is one of FAVORITE restaurants ever. Not just at WDW. We had an amazing experience there as well!

That cheese plate is one of the best I have had... Anywhere.

Loving your reviews!

Thanks for all the congrats 'n I'm glad y'all are likin' Goofyluver's review, I keep askin' her when she's gonna post the pic of my dessert at FF 'n she keeps askin' me what's more important, the review or what she's cookin' in the kitchen? :lmao:

I've gained 2 lbs since we've been home! :rotfl:

FF is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. We have had Theresa as our server too.

We like FF so much that we had our rehearsal dinner there when we got married in April. The cucumber soup was one of our courses too! OMG! Sooo good!

PS: Its so great that the Boardwalk celebrated your honeymoon like that. The GF didn't really do anything (and we got married there). Not that you should expect something, but, still...

Oh, we did get something...our last day there we got a chocolate Mickey that said "Happy Birthday Tom". No one in our party is named Tom, and it was no one's birthday...:lmao: Ah well. We had a blast nonetheless.

OMG, that's hilarious!! :lmao:

Maybe Tom got a white Mickey congratulatin' him on his marriage! :eek:

What a great dining report! The food looked delish! And thanks too for the running totals...nice touch!

Typos are my kryptonite. I read the "Congraulations" on your menu 6 or 7 times before I could move on. The mussels look amazing.

hungry.gif

Poor Tom! :lmao:

I'm really enjoying your great reviews and pictures!:goodvibes

Kathy

Thank you so much!

Congrats on your nuptials. DH and I are just about to celebrate 11 years!!:love:

Flying Fish is one of FAVORITE restaurants ever. Not just at WDW. We had an amazing experience there as well!

That cheese plate is one of the best I have had... Anywhere.

Loving your reviews!

Thank you! And congrats on your 11 years. :lovestruc

Thanks for all the congrats 'n I'm glad y'all are likin' Goofyluver's review, I keep askin' her when she's gonna post the pic of my dessert at FF 'n she keeps askin' me what's more important, the review or what she's cookin' in the kitchen? :lmao:

I've gained 2 lbs since we've been home! :rotfl:

Okay, okay, okay...I'm doin' it. :laughing:

What a great dining report! The food looked delish! And thanks too for the running totals...nice touch!

Thanks!

Typos are my kryptonite. I read the "Congraulations" on your menu 6 or 7 times before I could move on. The mussels look amazing.

hungry.gif

I didn't even notice until you said something. :lmao:

When we were discussing menu options with Theresa, she couldn't have "sold" me on the red snapper any more if she had tried. She described Flying Fish's signature dish in great detail, and touted it as an experience that would rival that of the birth of your first or only child.

So, of course, I got the red snapper, which is wrapped in thinly-sliced potatoes and is served with a leek fondue with an accompanying veal and red wine glace.

DCWedding797.jpg

*cue the angels singing here*

This dish was all that and a side of wow!

The fish was moist and perfectly flaked, the potato wrapping was so light and crisp it *almost* wasn't there (but it was), the leeks were rich and flavorful, and the red wine sauce was a perfect flavor punch. Individually and by itself, the fish was wonderful, but not anything to write home about. However, I quickly figured out that you must contain in each bite a bit of each component of the dish. You need the fish WITH a bit of the leeks WITH a bit of the glace in order to experience the dish as it should be eaten. (Theresa mentioned something along these lines as well...that the dish is meant to be enjoyed as a whole and not segmented) Thinking about it now makes me want to book a trip to Disney for next week.

UncleR decided on the wild Alaskan salmon, served with a Zellwood sweet corn pudding, Honshemeji mushrooms, Huitlacoche espuma, and a chive and truffle-infused oil.

DCWedding798.jpg

DCWedding799.jpg

Her dish was presented to her and she immediately looked at me and said:

"My fish has spit on it."

And then she tasted her spit. And she promptly looked at me and said:

"Oh my gawd. You have to taste this spit. It's the best spit I've ever had."

Her salmon was ungodly. And the sweet corn pudding...it was good enough that I considered stealing her plate from under her nose. We both loved this dish...like you love some of the best food you've ever tasted. I would have given my left big toe to have had more room in my stomach.

The Flying Fish gods swept our plates away with some food still on them. We couldn't finish and yet, we still had dessert to come.

DCWedding802.jpg

I had known what I wanted for dessert from Flying Fish since the day I knew we were going...

The caramelized banana napoleon, which is crisp phyllo layered with banana mousse, creme caramel, and an exotic fruit coulis.

DCWedding803.jpg

DCWedding804.jpg

This banana napoleon puts the one at Cali Grill to shame. Cali Grill should be embarassed, in fact, to even carry their banana dessert when this is offered at Flying Fish.

The banana mousse can only be described as flan-like in nature, and so sinful that you actually consider pledging allegiance to the chef of Flying Fish just to give thanks for the yumminess you've been served.

UncleR ordered a brand new dessert option from Flying Fish: The trio of concession sweets, AKA "Out on the Boardwalk". This dessert is the Flying Fish tribute to the Boardwalk itself. It includes: popcorn mousse with a caramel corn topping, a cherry-limeade popsicle, and a crunchy chocolate-peanut butter whoopie pie topped with pound cake "fries".

DCWedding801.jpg

DCWedding805.jpg

DCWedding806.jpg

DCWedding807.jpg

DCWedding809.jpg

Hallelujah and an amen!

The popcorn mousse tasted like, well...like sweet buttered popcorn. The cherry-limeade popsicle was tart and full of flavor, and cute to boot! And the whoopie pie...:banana: The pound cake fries were crisp and were topped with a fruity "ketchup". It was so fun to eat and look at!

Both UncleR and I ordered a cup of coffee to accompany our dessert.

DCWedding811.jpg

Alas, neither of us could finish our desserts either. And what a shame to not have been able to eat an entire course from any course in this entire meal! And, when we return...how do you even pare down the must-haves from such a fabulous restaurant?

Hands down, Flying Fish was our favorite meal of our trip. The food was excellent, the flavors were out-of-this-world, the service was exemplary, and the uniquess of the surroundings and entrees is second-to-none. I cannot begin to recommend this restaurant enough. Whether we're paying OOP or on the dining plan, we will absolutely be returning here, and I for one, can't wait.

Dining Credits Used: 4
Total Credits Remaining: 0
Total Cost of DxDP: $315.96
Total Cost of Flying Fish: $125.00
Total Spent on Dining Plan Meals: $443.66

Up Next: Snack credits are burnin' a hole in our pockets!

Wow - now I definitely need to give Flying Fish another chance! I've had the snapper and really liked it, although it's a bit heavy for my tastes. But I SO regret not choosing the salmon as my entree a few days ago. My waiter suggested the thunder entree over the salmon and I have to say he was so, so wrong.

But the banana napoleon and concession trio were both great desserts (the whoopie pie was my least favorite part - everything else was great). :goodvibes

Wow - now I definitely need to give Flying Fish another chance! I've had the snapper and really liked it, although it's a bit heavy for my tastes. But I SO regret not choosing the salmon as my entree a few days ago. My waiter suggested the thunder entree over the salmon and I have to say he was so, so wrong.

But the banana napoleon and concession trio were both great desserts (the whoopie pie was my least favorite part - everything else was great). :goodvibes

That Zellwood triple sweet corn puddin' really brought my entree together.

We're definitely goin' back, but I'm gettin' the mussels for my meal! :rotfl:

I had the potato-wrapped fish when I ate there before, and I agree, the fish by itself is good, but nothing remarkable, but the sauce and leeks with it is amazing! That salmon looks fabulous, if they still have that in a couple months, it may be what I end up getting. I'm going to have the hardest time choosing between desserts though.

Between your reviews and DonaldDoleWhip's I am sunk..how do I work in FF now? SHould I ditch AP for it (never been there) or Citricos (been a few times)

Donald already has me cancelling LC for Yachtsman...:lmao: And now you.....:rotfl2:

These pictures and your descriptions are so great! Tell UR that I had spit on my raviolis at Cali Grill and it was the best spit I ever had too :worship:

Between your reviews and DonaldDoleWhip's I am sunk..how do I work in FF now? SHould I ditch AP for it (never been there) or Citricos (been a few times)

Donald already has me cancelling LC for Yachtsman...:lmao: And now you.....:rotfl2:

These pictures and your descriptions are so great! Tell UR that I had spit on my raviolis at Cali Grill and it was the best spit I ever had too :worship:
I loooove Artist Point! Some people think it's just okay, while others absolutely love it...but you'll never know how you feel until you try it.

Are you sure you can't just add another night or two? There's just too many good restaurants :woohoo: :rotfl:

You've totally sold me on FF. DH and I will be there in 2 weeks and now I think I might have to try to fit that in somewhere. Right now we have Artist Point and LeCellier and I think I might need to cancel LC for FF! Looks amazing!

Didn't you get to FF twice on your last trip? I'm so jealous. :worship:

I had the potato-wrapped fish when I ate there before, and I agree, the fish by itself is good, but nothing remarkable, but the sauce and leeks with it is amazing! That salmon looks fabulous, if they still have that in a couple months, it may be what I end up getting. I'm going to have the hardest time choosing between desserts though.

You should get two desserts! Problem solved! :lmao:

I've done AP once...it didn't compare to FF, IMO.

Don't let me stop you from doing the ADR shuffle. :laughing:

We had Theresa as our server at the Flying Fish last year! She was amazing!:thumbsup2

We call Theresa the "icing to our FF cake". We loved her!

You've totally sold me on FF. DH and I will be there in 2 weeks and now I think I might have to try to fit that in somewhere. Right now we have Artist Point and LeCellier and I think I might need to cancel LC for FF! Looks amazing!

It was amazing, and I hope you're able to get a ressie scheduled! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter