A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Love the AK Parade! I love the picture you took of the Kangaroo puppet with the drum - I don't think I've never truly noticed that one before.

And yes, it is VERY cool to be IN that parade! Joe and I were selected on our Disneymoon back in 2006 to ride on the first float with Rafiki! The music is incredibly loud on the float, but they gave us ear plugs. We donned safari vests and Mickey safari hats and they gave us a disposable camera to take pictures and away we went! We had a blast! Every time we are in AK we say, "Maybe we'll get picked again...!" :laughing:

As for your ride...I'm going to guess ITTBAB since you are close. Or perhaps the Discover Island trails....!

Catching the parade for it's return to Africa is great, we did that once and sat right at the rope - fun!

Hmmm, what did you do before leaving........Can't wait to find out!

I love the parade pictures, especially Minnie's Jeep! It's polka dotted...

It was a hot day did you ride Kali River Rapids? Abby and I rode it twice and loved it, we had never ridden it before and we walked right on. The first time we weren't very wet, but the second time we were soaked.

Did you do the character greets? :yay:

My guess is Kali River Rapids (Sincy your are leaving anyway;)) or ITTBAB.

My guess.....ITTBAB ?? :confused3

Sounds like you enjoyed the parade. This is one parade we've never seen all of. We've caught glimpses of it and just the end, but never from start to finish. Looks cute!

My guess...either It's Tough or ICE CREAM!!! :goodvibes

Love the AK Parade! I love the picture you took of the Kangaroo puppet with the drum - I don't think I've never truly noticed that one before.

As for your ride...I'm going to guess ITTBAB since you are close. Or perhaps the Discover Island trails....!

I love the parade pictures, especially Minnie's Jeep! It's polka dotted...

It was a hot day did you ride Kali River Rapids? Abby and I rode it twice and loved it, we had never ridden it before and we walked right on. The first time we weren't very wet, but the second time we were soaked.

Okay... the correct guess has been made!! Unfortunately you will need to wait until the next update to find out what it was!! ;) Hint: It was not ice cream, although that was an awesome suggestion!

Kathy

I am just now subscribing. I just found your trip report and I am really enjoying reading it.

Hello and welcome!! :goodvibes

Phew! I am all caught up!!

You guys are having an awesome time!!! I loved your Halloween costumes, and how nice that you got to meet a fellow DIS family!! :thumbsup2

I just love AK - I think it's my favorite park. I could ride Everest all day long!!!

Glad you're caught up...hope the links helped! Now I will have to hurry up and do the next installment!

I grow to love AK more and more every time we come to WDW. :lovestruc

Kathy

Catching the parade for it's return to Africa is great, we did that once and sat right at the rope - fun!

Hmmm, what did you do before leaving........Can't wait to find out!

It was so easy to find a great viewing spot on the return trip! Beats sitting and waiting... although sometimes that just can't be avoided!

Two more excellent updates! Those are some great parade pics!

Thanks! :flower3:

....And yes, it is VERY cool to be IN that parade! Joe and I were selected on our Disneymoon back in 2006 to ride on the first float with Rafiki! The music is incredibly loud on the float, but they gave us ear plugs. We donned safari vests and Mickey safari hats and they gave us a disposable camera to take pictures and away we went! We had a blast! Every time we are in AK we say, "Maybe we'll get picked again...!" :laughing:

I don't blame you! What a fantastic memory! I think that's why the Year of a Million Dreams was so much fun... you always had the hope that a "dream" was waiting for you right around the corner!

Kathy

Just realized that I completely forgot to post about my Valentine's Day present from Ed! We told each other to "keep things small." Well, everyone knows that good things come in small packages, right?! :laughing:

I got the silver-tone set... it is so cute!

(Whoops! I just realized that by posting the link I'm giving access to my QVC account info! It's not that I don't trust you guys, but, you can't be too careful...!)

Anyway, my gift was a Mickey-Head crystal earrings and pendant set in a silvertone setting. I will try to take a picture of it, but I like the set because the Mickeys are small and discreet.

And cheap! (LOL!)

Check out www.QVC.com and click on "Jewelry" then "See all brands" and then "Disney" if you want to see!

Kathy

I loved looking at all your parade pictures! That is the one parade we have never seen, and I really hope I get to see it on the next trip!

Ed did great on your Valentine's gift!!! I bet you smile every time you put on your Mickey jewelry! :goodvibes

I love the jewelry Ed got you! Very cute! I loved looking through all the other Disney jewelry too! I'm in the market for a new watch & Tim thought I should get one at Disney last year... I wish I had. Maybe this year. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter