A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Sounds like an early night is just what you needed! :thumbsup2

I'll have to have me some of those yummy little zebra domes when we visit Boma in April! Anything mousse-like sounds good to me!!

Oh, definitely put them on your "Must Try" list! :thumbsup2

I am so enjoying all your pictures around AKL and Kidani! It is just so pretty there, and I could look at giraffe pictures all day long!

ITTBAB scarred my children -- those spiders really were the worst part for them. I don't think I will ever convince them to go see it again. Kudos to Tricia for trying it again!

ZEBRA DOMES!!! Yum, yum, yum, yum!

I was surprised that Tricia had remembered the spiders so many years later... they really made a scary impression! :eek:

ITTBAB is definitely not for anyone squeamish about insects and spiders!

I think I first learned about the Zebra Domes from you, CP! Thanks!

Kathy

Early nights in are nice and relaxing and it sounds like it was a perfect way to end your day. Zebra domes and hot tea... sounds lovely right about now.

We've avoided ITTBAB since our first trip... the kids were left a bit freaked out and Hopper down right frightened poor Demetri. He couldn't wait to get outta there!

We're also a "better door than a window" family. :laughing:

First time on TSM! :banana:

Love the update!! I loved the pictures of the animals on the Tree of Life, it is amazing to me how extensive the art is on that tree. I told Bill about having to go to Jambo house for a counter service and he didn't like that idea :rotfl:. He said Kidani needs to build a counter service there.

Glad you got to bed early, it really does help. I can't wait to read about your DHS day.

Early nights in are nice and relaxing and it sounds like it was a perfect way to end your day. Zebra domes and hot tea... sounds lovely right about now.

We've avoided ITTBAB since our first trip... the kids were left a bit freaked out and Hopper down right frightened poor Demetri. He couldn't wait to get outta there!

We're also a "better door than a window" family. :laughing:

First time on TSM! :banana:

Seriously... just writing about the zebra domes is making my mouth water!

Hopper is huge and very intense... Tell Demitri that I was glad I wasn't sitting near him and I'm a grown up!! ::yes::

Kathy

another great update. i really like its tough to be a bug. i remember being terrified the first time but it really has grown on me. that picture of all of you is really nice. everyone looks to be having a great time. i cant wait to hear what you all think of toy story mania ( i love it , but for some crazy reason i love buzz lightyear more)

Love the update!! I loved the pictures of the animals on the Tree of Life, it is amazing to me how extensive the art is on that tree. I told Bill about having to go to Jambo house for a counter service and he didn't like that idea :rotfl:. He said Kidani needs to build a counter service there.

Glad you got to bed early, it really does help. I can't wait to read about your DHS day.

It would definitely be more convenient if Kidani had a CS option "right there" but getting to and from the Mara wasn't too bad. So many DVC members have voiced complaints about it that I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of quick service option in.

(What do they expect us to do in those kitchens, actually cook?!) :rotfl:

I recall reading somewhere that the Tree of Life sculptors had only a very brief space of time in which to complete the animal carvings before the material dried and hardened. Talk about working under pressure!

Kathy

another great update. i really like its tough to be a bug. i remember being terrified the first time but it really has grown on me. that picture of all of you is really nice. everyone looks to be having a great time. i cant wait to hear what you all think of toy story mania ( i love it , but for some crazy reason i love buzz lightyear more)

Thanks, Kim, I think we got some nice photo pass pictures this time around!

Everyone in the family was excited for TSM, and I mean everyone!

Kathy

I haven't seen ITTBAB at AK but have at DCA. We all jumped about 10 feet it seemed! I startle easily at those kind of things but it IS funny. I expected it to freak the E's out but they were so little, they don't even remember it at all.

What a fun, but nice and quiet night. Sometimes those are just lovely!!!!!!!

Another great update! We skipped ITTBAB this time, didn't think little 19 month old Pea would enjoy it, LOL!

Loving everything so far.. We skipped ITTBAB when we went in 2007 and have every intention of doing it again. Alex loathes bugs, and he isn't a really big fan of the 3d shows. He will deal with most of them if he has to but has no intention of doing Muppets again and strictly refuses to do ITTBAB at all. We will go down to the entrance area if we can though so we can look at all the pretty carvings because we missed them last time by skipping the show.

I haven't seen ITTBAB at AK but have at DCA. We all jumped about 10 feet it seemed! I startle easily at those kind of things but it IS funny. I expected it to freak the E's out but they were so little, they don't even remember it at all.

What a fun, but nice and quiet night. Sometimes those are just lovely!!!!!!!

It was good to rest up and as it turns out, it was probably very good for Billy. (Dum, Dum, DUM!!)

Another great update! We skipped ITTBAB this time, didn't think little 19 month old Pea would enjoy it, LOL!

Oh no, definitely not!!

Loving everything so far.. We skipped ITTBAB when we went in 2007 and have every intention of doing it again. Alex loathes bugs, and he isn't a really big fan of the 3d shows. He will deal with most of them if he has to but has no intention of doing Muppets again and strictly refuses to do ITTBAB at all. We will go down to the entrance area if we can though so we can look at all the pretty carvings because we missed them last time by skipping the show.

That sounds like a good plan... you can walk right through the theater and out the exit doors! :thumbsup2 You definitely miss a lot of great carvings by skipping that queue!

Kathy

Great update, Kathy! I love ITTBAB. :thumbsup2 I think it's so funny about Tricia admitting that she was a little nervous , because she was afraid of the spiders when she was younger. My girls (16 and 14) are still funny about this show. They will not sit in the seat at the end when the roaches exit.! ;)

Nothing wrong with crashing early. Those are some nice nights , and even nicer mornings! :)

Loved hearing about the rest of your AK day! We saw ITTBAB for the first time this last trip - it is indeed intense at times for little ones....think Philharmagic will always be my favorite of that genre at the Disney parks! Nothing scary, just fun, fun, fun!

Sounds like a great way to end the day - dinner and some TV!

Looking forward to hearing about your DHS day!!:goodvibes

Sara

Great pix of AKV! I will withhold what i thought of the resort.....

I think your plan for DHS is crucial....can't wait to hear how it went down.

Lovely, LOOOONG update, Kathy!! I love that you got to just hang out in your room and have a liesurely dinner at Mara- you couldn't have asked for a better place to just relax!! :thumbsup2

The more I see your pictures from Kidani, the more it makes me want to stay there next year. I'm unsure whether AKL is your home resort, but if it isn't, can I ask, did you have trouble making reservations at 7 months? That is my concern. Thanks :)

Great update, Kathy! I love ITTBAB. :thumbsup2 I think it's so funny about Tricia admitting that she was a little nervous , because she was afraid of the spiders when she was younger. My girls (16 and 14) are still funny about this show. They will not sit in the seat at the end when the roaches exit.! ;)

Nothing wrong with crashing early. Those are some nice nights , and even nicer mornings! :)

ITTBAB is not for everyone...the "special" effects (like the roaches) can certainly give you the willies!! The worst for me it the "stings."

This was a very laid-back trip; I think I have to get used to vacationing with teenagers!

Loved hearing about the rest of your AK day! We saw ITTBAB for the first time this last trip - it is indeed intense at times for little ones....think Philharmagic will always be my favorite of that genre at the Disney parks! Nothing scary, just fun, fun, fun!

That's my favorite, too! And no bad smells! Only sweets... :laughing:

Great pix of AKV! I will withhold what i thought of the resort.....

I think your plan for DHS is crucial....can't wait to hear how it went down.

Hi Jordy! Welcome back!! :yay:

Lovely, LOOOONG update, Kathy!! I love that you got to just hang out in your room and have a liesurely dinner at Mara- you couldn't have asked for a better place to just relax!! :thumbsup2

We really fell in love with Kidani... although all the DVC rooms are spacious and comfortable. We are really spoiled!

The more I see your pictures from Kidani, the more it makes me want to stay there next year. I'm unsure whether AKL is your home resort, but if it isn't, can I ask, did you have trouble making reservations at 7 months? That is my concern. Thanks :)

No, we own at SSR. I had no problem getting my Kidani savanna-view request at seven months, even for busy Jersey Week.

The only time I have ever encountered a problem at seven months was for the Wilderness Lodge. It's the smallest of all the DVC resorts, so there is the problem of supply and demand.

Kathy

Sounds like a great end to your AK day! Doug has been religiously watching the AK show from the Travel Channel and has it in his head that he needs to see ITTBAB on our next trip (hopefully this fall). Thanks for the inside scoop on how to handle it with kids.

Your evening plans sounded perfect! Fun at the food court, snuggling on the couch watching the game, and an early bedtime. I can't wait to hear what DHS has in store for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter