A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Uh oh! stay safe in that "snowacaine". How much is on the ground now? Will the kids be out for another day or two?

That's what we do with Jimmy. We mostly go in the AM have dinner somewhere (we tend to eat early) and then head back to the hotel for a swim or to relax in the room for the evening. We usually only do one late night to see Spectro Magic.

Yes, I agree that if you try to "push it" you wind up regretting it!

Uh oh! stay safe in that "snowacaine". How much is on the ground now? Will the kids be out for another day or two?

We've only got six inches so far, but it's supposed to keep coming down until seven tomorrow morning! Not sure if schools will close... I hope they let us know tonight, though. It was nice to sleep in a bit!

Kathy

YAY!!!!!!!! that the Christmastime vacation is back on!!! :banana::banana::banana:

That was so sweet about Billy's "sweet dream"! :lovestruc

Hope you're staying warm in all that snow!!

YAY!!!!!!!! that the Christmastime vacation is back on!!! :banana::banana::banana:

That was so sweet about Billy's "sweet dream"! :lovestruc

Hope you're staying warm in all that snow!!

Hi, Julia!

We wound up getting about fifteen inches!

Feeling warm, but a little light in the wallet. This makes two unpaid days in a row for me... but at least I'm home with the kids.

Kathy

Hi. I just wanted to post on your comment on how you are not sure how Billy will act with the trip two years away.

Well, our last trip (June 2009) was about 2 and a half years from our previous trip (Nov 2006) and my Liz asked me EVERY DAY! when we were going back.

Our next trip is this Thanksgiving week and EVERY DAY! she asks me when we are going!! And every few days she will start crying for no apparent reason; and when I ask her what's wrong, she tells me that she misses disney world.

Also, she has taken to telling me she wants to "live" at disney. I guess that means that she wants to move to Florida. (wouldn't that be great!!)

Image251.jpg

Hi. I just wanted to post on your comment on how you are not sure how Billy will act with the trip two years away.

Well, our last trip (June 2009) was about 2 and a half years from our previous trip (Nov 2006) and my Liz asked me EVERY DAY! when we were going back.

Our next trip is this Thanksgiving week and EVERY DAY! she asks me when we are going!! And every few days she will start crying for no apparent reason; and when I ask her what's wrong, she tells me that she misses disney world.

Also, she has taken to telling me she wants to "live" at disney. I guess that means that she wants to move to Florida. (wouldn't that be great!!)

Hi Brandy! :wave2:

That would be great! Your story sounds very familiar... every so often Billy will come up to me and say, "I know!" :idea: "Let's go to Walt Disney World!" as if it was as easy as hopping in the car and paying a visit to the local library!

The other day I told him that we had to wait for a long time to go to WDW because we had to save some money. He ran away, came back holding a quarter and announced, "I've got the money!" :rotfl:

It's going to be a l-o-n-g two years!

Kathy

I had no idea that Eddie wanted to go that much... and that his father wanted him to come along! Eddie seemed sort of nonchalant about the trip when we talked on the phone.

Ed had to remind me that twenty year-old boys don't "gush" over WDW the way I do! :lmao: Then he did his "Kathy gushing over WDW" imitation.

Very funny.

Here is Ed on his way to the couch...
1687s0h.gif

Josh was very nonchalant about WDW until we got there :rotfl:. He is a closet Disney freak and just doesn't let it out.

If I ever see Ed again, I am going to ask him to see the "Kathy gushing over WDW" imitation. I love that smilie and stole it!

I would like a little one-on-one time with my Billy. We are the real WDW fans in our house!

Last night when I was tucking him in and wishing him "Sweet Dreams," I asked him what a sweet dream would be. He answered, "Go to Walt Disney World!" :lovestruc

Oh it would be wonderful if you could have one-on-one time with Billy in WDW.

Bill said he knew I was reading your trip report when I started crying for no reason while reading on the laptop. I said "how did you know I was reading Kathy's TR?" He said "she makes you cry almost every installment" :rotfl:.

Billy is right, going to WDW is the sweetest dream I can think of :cloud9:.

If I ever see Ed again, I am going to ask him to see the "Kathy gushing over WDW" imitation. I love that smilie and stole it!

Steal away... I swiped it from Photobucket! :lmao:

Ed really isn't that much in the closet... he just likes to tease me. In fact, he loves to take personal credit for getting me into WDW!!

Bill said he knew I was reading your trip report when I started crying for no reason while reading on the laptop. I said "how did you know I was reading Kathy's TR?" He said "she makes you cry almost every installment" :rotfl:.

Billy is right, going to WDW is the sweetest dream I can think of :cloud9:.

That just melted his Mommy's heart!

Kathy

Hi Brandy! :wave2:

That would be great! Your story sounds very familiar... every so often Billy will come up to me and say, "I know!" :idea: "Let's go to Walt Disney World!" as if it was as easy as hopping in the car and paying a visit to the local library!

The other day I told him that we had to wait for a long time to go to WDW because we had to save some money. He ran away, came back holding a quarter and announced, "I've got the money!" :rotfl:

It's going to be a l-o-n-g two years!

Kathy

That is so sweet :love: Maddie tells me she misses Disneyworld every so often too :hug:

Ed really isn't that much in the closet... he just likes to tease me. In fact, he loves to take personal credit for getting me into WDW!!

Kathy

Please tell him thank you for getting you into WDW, Bill and I are very grateful to him for doing that :hug:.

I get all behind and try and catch up and remember all the things i want to comment on. But i'm sleepy so.....:thumbsup2

Ahhhh! That's so sweet about Billy's sweet dream. Latley Jonnies been bringing up Disney World every day and he always wants to know when were going back.

Phew - I'm all caught up! What a great, relaxing day at AK! Love that picture of Billy on Everest and the one of the two of you in front of the Africa sign (I always seem to miss that gigantic sign on the bridge....drat...it's a good picture spot)!

I hope you made it to the Festival of the Lion King show! popcorn::

Sara

:wave: sorry Kathy I got way.....behind here on your TR...

but I am enjoying your lesuirly day at AK...I am impressed at how much you have been able to do and see by arriving at 1 pm...all in the timing I guess :thumbsup2

great Tiger pictures and love the family group shot in front of the tree...

looking forward to hearing what comes next!

J~

Hi Kathy!!

I am finally here at your TR!! :thumbsup2

I'm going back now to read it, but just wanted to say I am here, better late than never!!!

Take care!
Katie

Chapter Nineteen: We Find the Time and Plan to Jam

Sunday Afternoon
November 1st, 2009
Animal Kingdom

You must remember that throughout our trip I had the impression that I was digitally voice recording my trip report notes... I didn’t write anything down. I came to find out later that I had somehow managed to erase them… if they in fact had ever been recorded in the first place! Thus our original itinerary and our many pictures now serve as my primary memory-joggers.

So when it came to writing about Sunday, I was a bit puzzled by our picture timeline. First I thought it was odd that the evidence indicated we didn’t arrive at the Animal Kingdom until 1pm... when this picture was taken.

disneytrip2009tricia1327.jpg

And while I remember us eating a late lunch that day, the four o’clock stamp on our Pizzafari pictures just seemed “off.” Then Nancy (Dreamer & Wisher) made a comment about it being too late in the day for us to have come across the parade after riding the Safari. Well, that didn’t make sense because indeed it was the parade that halted our progress!

I suddenly realized why our camera timeline did not seem to match the events of the day. That Sunday had marked the end of Daylight Savings Time... before going to bed Saturday night we had set the clocks back one hour! My camera did not make the same adjustment...

So now, getting back to our story:

We came off Kilimanjaro Safaris around four o’clock and thought we could make it over to Camp Minnie Mickey for the last showing of FOTLK. The Jammin’ Jungle Parade had stepped off from Africa at 3:45 but since the parade circles Discovery Island and returns to it’s starting location, the ropes were up and lined with spectators. We could hear the parade coming and CMs were not allowing anyone to cross the parade route so we were held up outside of the Dawa Bar. It seemed as though it would be a lot of effort to push our way through the crowd along the sidelines and we were cutting it close for the last show anyway, so we decided to roll with it and just stay put for the parade. We had planned to catch this on our next AK day but it seemed just as easy to do this now and see FOTLK later in the week.

… or so we had thought.

In any case, we were content to move up to an empty section of rope and watch the colorful parade as it rounded the corner. We hadn’t seen this in our last several visits and Catie had never seen it, so we were in for a treat.

disneytrip2009kathy1874.jpg

King Louie came right up to Billy and tried to give him a kiss, but Billy was a bit startled and ran away, so Louie backed off!

disneytrip2009kathy1871.jpg

If that big ole' head stuck intself in my face, I think I'd run away, too! :laughing:

disneytrip2009kathy1870.jpg

Ahh, Baloo is much more laid-back!

disneytrip2009kathy1875.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy1876.jpg

I love how these huge puppets sway and nod in time to the music! We have the Magic in Our Streets CD at home, so Billy has the parade music memorized...

Here's a lucky family who got to ride in the parade!

disneytrip2009kathy1877.jpg

Chip is waving...

disneytrip2009kathy1879.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy1880.jpg

Minnie.... look at the bathtub, there's a rubber Donald Duckie! (I just noticed that!)

disneytrip2009kathy1881.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy1882.jpg

All the puppets and floats are designed using organic materials...

Billy laughed and laughed at this monkey puppet!

disneytrip2009kathy1884.jpg

Here comes another parade family... there were several. Wouldn't that be cool, to actually ride in the parade?!

disneytrip2009kathy1885.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy1886.jpg

Cool stilt-walkers...

disneytrip2009kathy1887.jpg

The music was a bit loud at this point... but it's Goofy!!

disneytrip2009kathy1889.jpg

(See the Donald Duck swim ring!)

disneytrip2009kathy1891.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy1892.jpg

Continued, next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter