A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

I hope the taste wasworth the woozieness! I have had many a misadventure when I am hot and the alcoholic drink is so refreshing... :whistle:

We have been discussing our future Disney plans as well. I can't see us getting there before 2011 and it just makes me want to cry!

Oh Kathy! So sorry your lovely pool afternoon turned into a nightmare. Hopefully your system righted itself quickly!

I have to be super careful in the hot sun with anything to drink, it will go to my head SOOOO fast!

I'm glad sad Minnie is gone, 2 years isn't too long to look forward to, not at all!

I can't speak to spring break, I do know that Presidents was crazy crowded when the Sunday-Tuesday in particular while we were there but the weather was just lovely!

the pool area sounded wonderful :thumbsup2 it seems really great and alot of different things for all ages...good for you in allowing the girls an alone soak in the hotb tub w/ your watchful eye not to far away and the story of Billy going down the slide was cute and funny...and isn't that so about Mom's and Dad's;)

I would love the sponge area at the end of the slides :goodvibes I like the WP's and pool areas but not my head under water...not for me...seriously it is a huge fear :eek: so that would be my kind of slide...

everyone looked like they were having a great time till your Tangerine Nightmare...oh sorry Kathy, I hope you're not getting :sick: already...I don't drink either...so that would have done me in too...only once in awhile do a get something w/ some booze. hope you feel better quick.

looking forward to hearing about the Halloween Party and all of you Pirates pirate:

So, just to make myself feel better, here are tentative plans for the distant future....

The choice for 2012 is either Presidents' Week or Spring Break so the kiddos don't have to miss school. (I just can't "do" Florida in the hot, sticky summer.)

The # of DVC points we would need is exactly the same for either week so I'm thinking Presidents' Week because according to UG and TGM the crowds may be slightly smaller then. :confused3

I'd also like to make a short couple's trip with Ed that year so we can make it for at least some part of Jordan's Peep Fest planned for June of that year.

If I can hold tight and resist planning a trip for 2011 we can save our DVC points and use them for the more "expensive" travel season with the kids the following February plus have a few points left over to use during Peep Fest in June.

Kathy

I know what you mean about the ticker! :laughing: good for you on at least making some tentative plans! I hope you can wait a year and save up those points for a great trip plus a couples weekend too in 2012...if you go in Feb do you think the new Fantasyland area will be done?

any thoughts on resort?

Happy pre-pre planning ;)

Scrappie

I know what you mean about being tickerless. I was so sad when I didn't have a ticker that I stayed away from the boards for months!

I am loving all the pictures of you all at the pool area. It was amazing to see.... can't wait to experience it!

The whole pool area over at Kidani really is wonderful...(It may be my favorite pool at WDW) when we were at the AKL last summer...we walked over to lunch ressies at Sanna but let the kids check out the pool at Kidani...and it was just fabulous...you couldn't definitely get some R&R there...

I'll be curious to see if you all go back...:goodvibes

Ironically I also had a drink at the bar-I think I had the Poolside Lemonade...and it stayed with me for a while..(so sorry you felt a little off...:hug:) I just felt well inebriated...and I don't know if it was the heat, sun or they make their drinks strong...or a combination of all three...

I hope you feel better for the party...
:surfweb:

Thanks... I think that "all three" is probably the answer. (Well, for $eight-something a drink, at least you know you're getting your money's worth!) :lmao:

I would love to go back to Kidani Village on our next trip! Really, it makes such a difference in the one-bedroom to have that additional bathroom and the sleeper-chair. After all, Billy and Tricia really can't share anymore... they are just getting too big!

And Samawati Springs really gives Stormalong Bay a run for it's money, I think.

I love the Giraffe pictures!:love: I love giraffes and you got a great picture!

That pool area is amazing it looks like a lot of fun. And I think I have come down a water slide or two in a similar manner I do not like going under water and water slides scare me. But when your little brother calls you a chicken you really have to go down the slide.

Sorry about the drink, sounds like it had a lot of vodka. I think I would have had the same reaction.

I'm sure that if I had been lounging on the pool I would've nursed it a bit longer and not had the same reaction. ;) And the girls could've watched those giraffe all day...

Ahhh! Love it! What a fun moment!

And :yay::yay::yay: 3 cheers for Billy for doing the slide!!! (and for you too! ;))

Wonderful updates! I hope that Tangerine Nightmare ordeal ends soon!

The hostesses at Boma were so sweet... they even let Billy pat on the drum awhile, but I didn't get a picture. Boo.

what a great afternoon!!

I can't believe we packed so much into one day! We still have the entire MNSSHP to come!

Kathy

kathy i noticed the ticker before anything else, that sad minnie was killing me too. notice i am tickerless, cross your fingers for a good tax refund, because if i cant pay cash i promised my dh :rolleyes: we wont go. i know it makes good sense i just hope i get a good refund. so i had to take a ticker off once before and i would rather be tickerless than have to take it off (it was such a sad day)
oh and as for the drink, i had a very similar experience with a grandmarnier slushie in epcot, about 100 degrees and no food, not a good feeling as i was trying to keep my kids from climbing the fence to the water while dh got fish and chips , i literally thought i would pass out. luckily i was still upright when dh got back. that pool looks phenomenal

Sounds just like what happened to me... I think slushie drinks can be dangerously deceptive! :drinking1

And for some reason, just seeing a ticker there makes me feel better... even though I'm sure plans will get changed around several times between now and our next trip...

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. I am really excited that I am not the only one who has a ticker that is over two years away:lmao::lmao:

Gee... thanks! (J/K) ;)
Somehow I just feel more comfortable having a ticker to look at, even though it seems like it will be ages until we get to go again. I cannot believe that it has only been two months since our trip! Perhaps the holidays caused a delayed Post-Disney-Depression reaction... I miss it like crazy!

I hope the taste wasworth the woozieness! I have had many a misadventure when I am hot and the alcoholic drink is so refreshing... :whistle:

We have been discussing our future Disney plans as well. I can't see us getting there before 2011 and it just makes me want to cry!

I say, go ahead and make up a ticker for 2011! ::yes:: Even though our dates are only tentative, I just picked the most likely travel time and went for it. I feel so much better now (is that silly?) Try it and see how it makes you feel!

Oh Kathy! So sorry your lovely pool afternoon turned into a nightmare. Hopefully your system righted itself quickly!

I have to be super careful in the hot sun with anything to drink, it will go to my head SOOOO fast!

I'm glad sad Minnie is gone, 2 years isn't too long to look forward to, not at all!

I can't speak to spring break, I do know that Presidents was crazy crowded when the Sunday-Tuesday in particular while we were there but the weather was just lovely!

Well, now that we're really severely limited by school schedules, I'm just going to grit my teeth and plan for more crowds. (Although everyone always talks about Jersey Week being so crowded and we've done just fine.) The great weather is definitely a deciding factor...

the pool area sounded wonderful :thumbsup2 it seems really great and alot of different things for all ages...good for you in allowing the girls an alone soak in the hotb tub w/ your watchful eye not to far away and the story of Billy going down the slide was cute and funny...and isn't that so about Mom's and Dad's;)

I would love the sponge area at the end of the slides :goodvibes I like the WP's and pool areas but not my head under water...not for me...seriously it is a huge fear :eek: so that would be my kind of slide...

everyone looked like they were having a great time till your Tangerine Nightmare...oh sorry Kathy, I hope you're not getting :sick: already...I don't drink either...so that would have done me in too...only once in awhile do a get something w/ some booze. hope you feel better quick.

looking forward to hearing about the Halloween Party and all of you Pirates pirate:

I know what you mean about the ticker! :laughing: good for you on at least making some tentative plans! I hope you can wait a year and save up those points for a great trip plus a couples weekend too in 2012...if you go in Feb do you think the new Fantasyland area will be done?

any thoughts on resort?
Scrappie

Actually, Tricia and I did not get sick at all. It was mostly the boys and to a lesser degree Catie at the very end of the week.

I don't think I could do that spongy-slide because you have to slide down a tube... I know that I would feel a bit claustraphobic! :worried:

I'm sure that at least some of the new Fantasyland will be completed by then... I sure wouldn't want to go when they are at the height of construction.

I'm actually thinking about Kidani Village again because of the sleeper-chair and second bathroom in the one-bedroom villa. It will be fewer points than a two-bedroom at Old Key West, depending on what view we take. Would love to do Bay Lake Tower but it is so point-heavy, esp during Presidents' Week. :sad2:

I know what you mean about being tickerless. I was so sad when I didn't have a ticker that I stayed away from the boards for months!

I take little breaks from the boards, too, but usually just because I'm really distracted with other things like moving or the holidays. But reading trip reports can be dangerous... it's akin to walking by a bakery and smelling the rolls... it just makes you want one so bad! :rotfl:

Kathy

Love the update - except for you not feeling well from the slushie of course. What a great pool area and what a nice time you all had! Can't wait to hear about the party.

Such a great afternoon only to be foiled by the Tangerine nightmare. Please tell me you recover quickly and make it to the party on time. Maybe it was just the combination of drinking too fast and the sunlight. I do hope you feel better. Do tell what happens next.

I love all your pictures of the pool area and you had a lovely location. So glad the animals decided to come out and play! The girls look like they are having a blast watching the animals.

I was not going to miss that party for anything! :upsidedow

Hi I just found your Tr, sounds like a great start to your week in WDW. Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

:welcome: to the report!

oh no!! What a great afternoon to be spoiled by the Tangerine Nightmare!! I was just going to say how frosty & delicious that drink looked, but maybe not.

Hope you recovered quickly!

Oh it was delicious, just deceptively strong! :faint:

I'm really enjoying your report Kathy. I like your writing style. Can't wait to see how you liked the party. We went to the one on 10/25 and had a great time! I'm sure you did too. :thumbsup2

:thanks: for the compliment!

I am loving all the pictures of you all at the pool area. It was amazing to see.... can't wait to experience it!

Is that where you are staying? If so, your family will adore it!! :cloud9:

Kathy

Love the update - except for you not feeling well from the slushie of course. What a great pool area and what a nice time you all had! Can't wait to hear about the party.

Whoops! One more reply to make before I head off to bed...

Sorry, I know everyone is dying to hear about the party and see the family dressed as pirates! pirate: You will have to wait for just one more post...

Kathy

Whoops! One more reply to make before I head off to bed...

Sorry, I know everyone is dying to hear about the party and see the family dressed as pirates! pirate: You will have to wait for just one more post...

Kathy

I can't complain - I've only finished day one on my report as well :surfweb:

I'm loving the start of your vacation. Starting off relaxing and enjoying the resort. AKL never appealed to me but your pictures and description have me looking at it in a new light. It seems just perfect for your family. Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!

What a great day until the Tangerine Dream.....Is it safe to say, the start of the sickness starts with you?

Thanks for potentially sacrificing your hate of heat and humidity for Peep Fest.

WOW! All I can say is WOW! The pool area just looks so fantastic and dreamy. I would have been dreaming about an adult bevvie in hand too, slowly sipping, taking everything in, ahhhhhh. Then wham, I read that it made you sick!! That's no fun at all!

Makes me re-think my idea of hitting the Ditch in Mexico for a margharita and some of those yummy looking crab tostadas they have. Maybe for dinner instead of during the day?? :confused3 Good points made about drinking in the heat.

Guess I'll have to be patient to see if you make it to the party without getting REALLY sick, and if those costumes look good. (which I'm sure they do!)

Hi Kathy! So glad to see you have a ticker! Even if it is two years out... It definitely feels better to see the numbers decreasing day by day.

Your plans sound great for 2012! We would like to go in February, but with the timing of Tim's bonuses every year it works out better for us to go in April. Maybe one of these years we'll plan ahead a little better and swing a February trip. I know Tim would appreciate the cooler February weather. :thumbsup2 And I'm totally with you on avoiding the summer heat... yuck!

Lots of stuff to comment on with this round of updates!

Giraffes outside your window has to be one of the best things about a savannah view room! I don't know if I would ever be able to pull myself away from them!

Too bad you had to take the roundabout way to the pool, but you are right, it looks like an awesome pool complex! Hurray for Billy trying the slide just once.

I was tickled pink that among all the great African proverbs, they snuck in one from Walt Disney! :lovestruc

Ugh, sorry to hear about the Tangerine Dream! I loved the one I had at the AKL pool, but I was just lying there and not trying to do anything. I hope you feel better in time for the Halloween party.

Yippee for a ticker! I know exactly what you mean about being depressed when you don't have one -- I went three months without one and thought I was going to die!

What a relaxing morning and afternoon at the pool! I forgot my cell phone charger on our trip, but never even thought to ask at the front desk if they had one that would work. I also tried the Tangerine Dream, and you're right, it's strong!

Yay for having a ticker!

I'm loving the start of your vacation. Starting off relaxing and enjoying the resort. AKL never appealed to me but your pictures and description have me looking at it in a new light. It seems just perfect for your family. Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!

Lots of people on the boards have said that they felt AKL was to "dark" in it's decor. On the contrary: I found it to be very bright and colorful. The lobby at Jambo House is very impressive and immense while the lobby at Kidani Village is more intimate and homey. And, you can tell that I'm in love with the "new" one-bedroom layout that has two baths and the sleeper chair! :goodvibes

What a great day until the Tangerine Dream.....Is it safe to say, the start of the sickness starts with you?

Thanks for potentially sacrificing your hate of heat and humidity for Peep Fest.

No, the sickness was not the tummy-type (Thank You God!) :worship: I was just feeling my liquor on a hot day. I may have to go into training for Peep Fest! ;)

YAY A new ticker! Two years is no time at all! :)

:laughing: Feels like forever to me!

Seriously, though, we've been extremly fortunate to have been able to take an annual trip to WDW since joining DVC in 2005 and I have become quite the spoiled little DISer. I know it will be well-worth the wait!

Kathy

Yay, a ticker!! Any ticker is better than no ticker. We are looking at 2011 and the thoughout of waiting that long makes me want to jump off of a bridge. :( Can't wait to read all about the Halloween party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter