A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited for you!:cheer2: We love doing a BC/GF split (or YC!), love both resorts.

I doubt you are going to get many posts giving the BC CL top billing, here on the GF FAQ!;) We are pretty biased, after all.:laughing: I have not stayed in BC CL, but have in YC. We enjoyed it very much, the CMs were lovely and we had a great time. We've stayed CL at AKL, BWI, WL, YC and the Grand, and though we enjoy most of them, the Grand remains at the top of our list for service and amenities. And RPC is the very best - as others have posted, the lounge area can't be beat, CMs are great and the food service is fabulous.

Glad you are having such a good time. You are so right, the days leading up to vacation sloooow down, then the days during vacation speed up!:sad: Not fair!;)

Sorry about your struggles with health issues, it's just the worst when kids are sick.:hug: I think your girls will fall in love with the resort.pixiedust:

Don't worry, even the furthest room in RPC is pretty close to the lounge.

Standard room views will be either the courtyard pool or the beach pool and DVC building.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the info, I just got off the phone with Wdw to pay my balance so now it's official! I'm so excited!

MickeyNut How is the December planning going??? Any resort changes before or after the cruise...;) Just wondering!!! :goodvibes

I think we're set :). We are booked CR CL for prior to the cruise and Poly CL for after. I looked into a VGF 1 BDRM but my DH wants to try the CR, so I went with that.....and I have to try my beloved Poly's CL, so that's how I made my resort decisions :laughing:. The CR will be nice to try and I have been wanting to try Poly CL for some time, so I'm excited and can't wait for December to get here :goodvibes.

Cant wait for our visit..2 1/2 weeks!!!:cheer2:

Have a great trip :dance3:.

I just got off the phone with Wdw to pay my balance so now it's official! I'm so excited!

How exciting.....it's always a great feeling to be paid in full :cool1:.

I have been fortunate to watch the construction process. By far right now is very minimal compared to other trips. I was down here in April and May this year and march, may and November last year.

I really don't think it is a problem now. All the pools and restaurants open. Beach access again too. Later I will post a pic I have I took from main building towards the construction.

However I have an engagement with dd and friend to hit HS and ride her (friend) first RR!!!

This is pic from main building(mercantile) towards VGF. Hope that helps Beth.

Has anyone that's staying soon been able to choose FP+ options? We arrive in 2 weeks and on MDE mine shows that there are options but says that it has to be within the window when I try to do anything?? huh? I admit I haven't paid much attention to the whole FP+ thing so I'm not sure if that's right or not.:confused3

PS-- beautiful pics trishadono!! Sorry it's time to for you to leave. It's always a terrible day!!:sad:

I am trying to decide if we should go to Blizzard Beach while staying at GF or Beach Club. Does anyone know the bus route between GF and Blizzard Beach?

We have booked a standard view studio at Grand Floridian Villas for next June. Looking at the new construction pics im wondering what view we would likely have. I would guess we will be facing out the back and have a view of the monorail..?

any way to know where the studios would be located?

Has anyone that's staying soon been able to choose FP+ options? We arrive in 2 weeks and on MDE mine shows that there are options but says that it has to be within the window when I try to do anything?? huh? I admit I haven't paid much attention to the whole FP+ thing so I'm not sure if that's right or not.:confused3

PS-- beautiful pics trishadono!! Sorry it's time to for you to leave. It's always a terrible day!!:sad:

we check in at gf on the 9th...Polynesian on the 4th... and are getting that message as well.

It's official, we have switched from CR to the Grand for December. I am really excited about staying at a 'new to us' resort.

I am now on a mission to learn as much as possible about the Grand before our stay and look forward to getting to know all of you experts.

Thank you so much for the info, I just got off the phone with Wdw to pay my balance so now it's official! I'm so excited!

Zero balance, woohoo!!:banana::banana::banana:

I think we're set :). We are booked CR CL for prior to the cruise and Poly CL for after. I looked into a VGF 1 BDRM but my DH wants to try the CR, so I went with that.....and I have to try my beloved Poly's CL, so that's how I made my resort decisions :laughing:. The CR will be nice to try and I have been wanting to try Poly CL for some time, so I'm excited and can't wait for December to get here :goodvibes.

Have you not yet stayed CL at the Poly? I realized after reading your post, I did not list it in our "CL list" in a previous post - you will love Poly CL, the lounge view is awesome!

4:55 ME!going home day is so:sad1:

Aww, sorry it's your last day, looks like it is almost time for the bus.:hug: Safe travels home.

Thanks about the photos.

I'm right there with you, I don't have a clue about the new FP+ system. I'll have to research like a newbie for our next trip.:faint:

Good luck, I hope you are able to figure it out.

I am trying to decide if we should go to Blizzard Beach while staying at GF or Beach Club. Does anyone know the bus route between GF and Blizzard Beach?

The bus to AKL should stop at BB, there and back.

We have booked a standard view studio at Grand Floridian Villas for next June. Looking at the new construction pics im wondering what view we would likely have. I would guess we will be facing out the back and have a view of the monorail..?

any way to know where the studios would be located?

Hope someone can help, I don't have much info on the Villas yet. Have you looked on the DVC forums? If I get time, I'll search for a room map.:flower3:

It's official, we have switched from CR to the Grand for December. I am really excited about staying at a 'new to us' resort.

I am now on a mission to learn as much as possible about the Grand before our stay and look forward to getting to know all of you experts.

Congrats on your upcoming Grand stay!:goodvibes I think you will love it, especially during the Christmas season.

Hulles - I did a quick search on the DVC Resorts board and found a couple threads that might help, here and here.

I'll try to find more later. HTH!

Blue Skies - welcome back, glad you had a magical vacation. Thanks for the updates!:goodvibes I imagine you ARE wishing you were back at the Grand, always the way after a wonderful trip.:cloud9:

LOL about the new FAQ (smashing computer - so apt!)! It is almost ready, I was going through my most recent photos this morning, trying to get everything lined out. I'm going to try to start the new thread today or tomorrow.

Please, everyone, do not post in the new thread until I remove the "under construction" title, as I need to be able to grab those first page posts for all the photos and text.:thumbsup2

trishadono - thanks for the photos! Beautiful. Hope you enjoyed HS and RR.

Do you mind if I copy one of your photos to the Villas section of the new FAQ?

Thanks for the update, I'll add this to the first page of the new thread.:goodvibes

Very excited for you!:cheer2: We love doing a BC/GF split (or YC!), love both resorts.

I doubt you are going to get many posts giving the BC CL top billing, here on the GF FAQ!;) We are pretty biased, after all.:laughing: I have not stayed in BC CL, but have in YC. We enjoyed it very much, the CMs were lovely and we had a great time. We've stayed CL at AKL, BWI, WL, YC and the Grand, and though we enjoy most of them, the Grand remains at the top of our list for service and amenities. And RPC is the very best - as others have posted, the lounge area can't be beat, CMs are great and the food service is fabulous.

Glad you are having such a good time. You are so right, the days leading up to vacation sloooow down, then the days during vacation speed up!:sad: Not fair!;)

Sorry about your struggles with health issues, it's just the worst when kids are sick.:hug: I think your girls will fall in love with the resort.pixiedust:

Don't worry, even the furthest room in RPC is pretty close to the lounge.

Standard room views will be either the courtyard pool or the beach pool and DVC building.

Help yourself to photos!

My Me was 4:55 am!!!! :crazy2:

Am home with dh and ds16. One missed me one didn't ! Teens!

Yuck, I hate early flights home.:crazy2: Glad you arrived safely. LOL about the teen.

I added your DVC photos to the new FAQ.:thumbsup2

Would you do a theme park view room or a room in the sugar loaf club level?

I agree with jcjen519, we prefer SL over a TPV. The views are nice, and if it is your first stay or you have a little one along, that might be worth it. For us, we have had the view many times and now prefer the amenities of club. The marina or pool view in SL is so pretty, anyway.:flower3:

Would you do a theme park view room or a room in the sugar loaf club level?

At cr and poly I would pick CL because you have a good view of park from the lounge.

GF is a little different in that the lounge area is blah and no view at all. However the food is great and more plentiful than the other CL's. Even the best view at GF to me is not as good at CR so I would go for the offerings at SL over a non CL room with any view.

Actually I am booked for one night there for 1/1/14:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter