A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your favorite non CL building and why?

I like Sago Cay. It was very quiet. We were right next to the elevator - which I initially dreaded, but it was very very peaceful. We were on the marina side and I liked the view. Very pretty. Convenient to the main building, boat launch and buses.

Are the in room fridges in Sugar Loaf stocked or can I asked for them to be stocked?

Do they offer wine in the Sugar Loaf club level in the evenings?

Thanks!

I know I keep asking but no one is answering lol.

Can anyone suggest a good room to pick in Boca Chica? We want to try to ask but don't know which one to request. I have looked everywhere for the room number we had last trip but can not find it. We are not magic kingdom view but lagoon view so hope to get a glimpse view of MK for the fireworks.

Can anyone give any advice pretty please? :cool1:

I wish I could help, but I've never stayed in Boca Chica...I'm sure someone who's knowledgable will see your question soon!

:sunny:

The only non CL building we've stayed in is Big Pine Key and I loved it as we had a nice view of the courtyard pool :).

Can anyone suggest a good room to pick in Boca Chica? We want to try to ask but don't know which one to request. I have looked everywhere for the room number we had last trip but can not find it. We are not magic kingdom view but lagoon view so hope to get a glimpse view of MK for the fireworks.

I can't help with suggestions as we've never stayed in Boca Chica, but hopefully someone will be able to give you some room suggestions ;).

My favorite, non-CL building is Conch Key. We love the location, it is close to the courtyard pool, boat dock, Narcoossee's and a short walk out the back door to the marina and Gasparilla's.

Boca Chica is a close second, we love the garden view rooms for their lovely views of the courtyard pool and main building.

Sorry you have to ask again!:blush: I don't remember our room number from our last lagoon view, so I'm no help. If I were you, I would make a general request (2nd floor or above, non-dormer, non-connecting room, etc.) rather than a room number - if that room is not available, the assigner has no idea why you liked that particular room.

Good luck!:goodvibes

I've been told "welcome home" at the value resorts. I don't own DVC but have been greeted that way many times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Interesting!:goodvibes We have been told Welcome Home at AKL, WL, Y&BC and BWI, but had not heard it at the Grand until our latest visit. I assumed it was due to the official announcement of DVC at the GF.

Sounds like maybe they are saying it everywhere now.:teeth:

I like Sago Cay. It was very quiet. We were right next to the elevator - which I initially dreaded, but it was very very peaceful. We were on the marina side and I liked the view. Very pretty. Convenient to the main building, boat launch and buses.

We liked our one stay in Sago, but found it a bit removed from the pools. Did you really think it was close to the main bldg. & boat dock? Seems a bit of a walk to me, but then, we are usually in the courtyard area.:scratchin It is nice to take the back walkway to the bus stop, though, and it is very close to Gasparilla Grill.

Are the in room fridges in Sugar Loaf stocked or can I asked for them to be stocked?

Do they offer wine in the Sugar Loaf club level in the evenings?

Thanks!

They are not stocked. During the 2007 room renovations, all the mini bars were replaced with empty fridges. I think you can still get CL to stock the fridge, but it comes with a hefty price if it's still possible. I would just grab the sodas and snacks you like in the lounge and bring them back to the room, we usually ask for a bottle of water for the room, grab a large bag of our favorite pretzels in Sandy Cove and keep a couple sodas from the lounge.

There is so much food out during the day, we rarely have time to eat what's in our room, anyway!:laughing:

The SL food service is identical to RPC, btw. Yes, there is beer and wine (and champagne!) in the lounge from 5-7 pm, then liqueurs from 8-10 pm. You an ask for a beer or glass of wine any time, though, the CMs will get it for you.

Thank you! :cool1::cool1:

Getting so excited now!!!:dance3:

How long until your visit? I'd be excited, too.:banana:

A few thoughts after my last post - what type of room do you prefer, does it matter whether you have a dormer room or not? (dormers have enclosed balconies and many do not have daybeds - but they are on the upper floors, might get you above most of the trees) Do you prefer first floor? These are the things I would request, as mentioned, listed in order of importance.

The one time we had lagoon view in Boca, we had a tree obscuring our view of the MK - but still able to see some of the fireworks. So, it's possible.:)

Finally - whenever we stay in a WDW room, I take a photo of the room number in case we love the location. I don't usually put it in my requests, but when we check in I ask if something nearby is available. If you find your folio from last time before you go, be sure to ask at check in if the room you want is available - you never know!pixiedust:

Thanks for the responses. I think I will request Big Pine Key. We will only be going to MK while staying there and we want to be as close to the pools as possible. We have stayed in the main building before but DH didn't enjoy it. I would like to book SL but there aren't any discounted rooms available there on our dates.

Thanks for the responses. I think I will request Big Pine Key. We will only be going to MK while staying there and we want to be as close to the pools as possible. We have stayed in the main building before but DH didn't enjoy it. I would like to book SL but there aren't any discounted rooms available there on our dates.

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

Which view do you have booked, lagoon or garden? If garden, keep in mind there are a good number of Big Pine rooms that look into the back of the courtyard pool building. The worst are floors 1-3, so ask for a higher floor.

We had a nice view from a 4th floor room, near the elevator. Photo below, you can see how the rooms below this one would have a blocked view.

IMG_0050-1.jpg

Which view do you have booked, lagoon or garden? If garden, keep in mind there are a good number of Big Pine rooms that look into the back of the courtyard pool building. The worst are floors 1-3, so ask for a higher floor.

We had a nice view from a 4th floor room, near the elevator. Photo below, you can see how the rooms below this one would have a blocked view.

Beautiful photo. We have lagoon view booked. If we get Big Pine should we be able to see the monorail? Youngest DS will just be turning 2 and I know he will be fascinated by it.

We will be staying at GF in November for the first time. We have a garden view room. Which building would you say is closest to the main building? My DH has back problems and walking in the parks is going to take it's toll on him so we were looking to have a room that hopefully is close to the main building and also have a nice view etc. if possible.:)

What a beautiful pic.....it reminds me of our December 2010 trip as we were in BPK on that trip. Makes me wish I was at the Grand right now :cloud9:.

We will be staying at GF in November for the first time. We have a garden view room. Which building would you say is closest to the main building? My DH has back problems and walking in the parks is going to take it's toll on him so we were looking to have a room that hopefully is close to the main building and also have a nice view etc. if possible.:)

We thought Big Pine Key was close/convenient to the main building. If you look at k&a&c'smom's pic above (taken from BPK), the building to the upper left of the pool is sugarloaf and the main building is just to the left of that ;).

Hi all-- I know this is a frequently asked question these days, but am hoping someone might have an update on the fridge status. Anyone? TIA. Psyched for my first GF stay since '93! :goodvibes

We have a choice of a lagoon view standard room or a garden view deluxe room? I know the difference in the views, but what is the difference in the deluxe and standard rooms at the GF? Are the deluxe rooms throughout the resort or in specific buildings? Are they larger? Do they have 2 queens or King beds? Sitting area?

Thank you for the help.

Hi all-- I know this is a frequently asked question these days, but am hoping someone might have an update on the fridge status. Anyone? TIA. Psyched for my first GF stay since '93! :goodvibes

We just returned last night and in RPC we had a working fridge.

missus toad, we live about 30 mins from bucks county and will be at the GF in 8 days (first stop, 5 nights BC). maybe we will be there the same time as you!

<disclaimer, my ticker is off by a day because we changed our ressie but i didn't want to change my ticker, i liked how much progress it was making, lol).>

can anyone tell me what stop GF is on ME? does it change each time or is it usually the same? We are getting in at 6:30 pm and wondering about how long it is going to take us to get to the resort.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter