A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anything for the birthday yesterday.

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet- the wall on the beach has come down! Well, most of it. It now starts right at the DVC construction, so the beach pool has a view of the lagoon again.

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet- the wall on the beach has come down! Well, most of it. It now starts right at the DVC construction, so the beach pool has a view of the lagoon again.

I can't wait to see the lagoon again while sitting at the pool! Thanks for the update.

Anyone going to GF from July 16 to 23 besides me? Pas130, are you still going?

babygirl~ Sorry no help from me either on the spa services for an 11 year old.. sounds like you are planning have a fun mother/daughter day tho... :)

jd99~ Thanks for sharing your VGF pics! All I have to say is Wow!! Very Grand! :thumbsup2

tirshadono~ We kind of have the same dynamic..DH..DSs..they "like" disney..:confused3 DD and I..we just LOVE it all!! :cloud9: Sounds like you will have the right mix of ammenities to keep everyone happy!

DetTigsGal~ Please keep us posted...Maybe there is come commemoration planned for Monday which is the official opening date of the GF...

Sue M and bethclayton~ 14 nights and 10 night!! :dance3: How nice...I always say I would love to do a split GF and BC/YC (cant even decide on which on we would like best??) LOL...but never seem to do it??? Seems like the best of both worlds tho....

appledown~ Thanks for the updates :goodvibes..Maybe Monday will have some special festivities going on.....

MommyGina~ I thought that the beach pool area had a very closed in feeling with those walls up...Sounds like you will be able to enjoy that pretty lagoon view again soon...

MickeyNut :wizard: Let the planning begin and the discounts abound!

JD99 thanks for the pics!

I keep 2nd guessing my cash ressie for 12/19-24 in a 2 bdrm lake villa. The price is so:scared1:

I'm with you on the rates. I priced out a 1BDRM for 2 nights 12/17-12/19 and standard view was $1,925 and lake view was $2,240 :faint:.

I'm here, but you wouldn't know that today was the birthday...we'll see in they do something Monday.

Hope you're having a great time :goodvibes.

Thanks for the update. Hope you're having a magical trip :wizard:.

MickeyNut :wizard: Let the planning begin and the discounts abound!

I'm ready to start planning ::yes::.

I can't wait to see the lagoon again while sitting at the pool! Thanks for the update.

Anyone going to GF from July 16 to 23 besides me? Pas130, are you still going?

We will be in Sugarloaf on the 25th ! :goodvibes .

So happy the wall by the beach is down ........hearing that really made my day!

Syndrome

Thats the best news in a long time !

Does anyone have any updated pics !!!

Syndrome

Hello, everyone!!:wave:

I was there today! had a spa service in the morning and spent some time at the resort. Also checked out the construction progress on DVC and visited to model over at SSR since we are planning to add some points there. The model is stunning and I asked the guide how the hotel is going to keep up with it because the rooms in the hotel will look quite rough around the edges compared to this jewel. Here are some photos I took but they really don't even do it justice. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200443411346412.1073741827.1190373312&type=1&l=e7ecb065d3

Glad you had a nice visit, thanks for the photo link. I plan to enjoy when I get a few minutes to really do them justice.:thumbsup2

Want to book some spa services for myself and 11 year old daughter... What do they offer for 11 year old??? Also when I book do I pay before my trip or when I get to the spa???

We have always paid at the end of services.

I don't have any info on the services for younger guests, have you checked out the website? I have links on the first page - photos and description on the Disney blog: Senses - A Disney Spa; and a link to the GF spa page of the WDW website.

HTH!:flower3: If you click through the links on the website, it will pull up menus. I found this under the "Know Before You Go" section: Treatments have been specially designed for Guests ages 4-12 years.

Thanks for the update. I hope they have some kind of celebration for the anniversary tomorrow (can't imagine they would not!) and Wow! glad to hear the fence around the beach and pool are gone!:cool1:

babygirlamg, I should have waded through just a few more links on the website!:blush: I finally found this, under the "Hand and Foot Treatments" section:

Treatments for Children:

Manicure
25 min / $30

Pedicure
25 min / $45

I was there today! had a spa service in the morning and spent some time at the resort. Also checked out the construction progress on DVC and visited to model over at SSR since we are planning to add some points there. The model is stunning and I asked the guide how the hotel is going to keep up with it because the rooms in the hotel will look quite rough around the edges compared to this jewel. Here are some photos I took but they really don't even do it justice. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200443411346412.1073741827.1190373312&type=1&l=e7ecb065d3

Looks nice!

At turndown service tonight , they placed a square 25th anniv chocolate, limited edition buttons and an invitation to the 25th anniv ceremony at 4pm - even the cm's don't know what exactly is going on. They also left a voice message inviting us.

At turndown service tonight , they placed a square 25th anniv chocolate, limited edition buttons and an invitation to the 25th anniv ceremony at 4pm - even the cm's don't know what exactly is going on. They also left a voice message inviting us.

Sounds exciting ! :goodvibes
Take some pics for us ! Have any pics of the missing beach wall, lol :scratchin

Have fun at the ceremony !!!

Syndrome

Thanks for the update. I hope they have some kind of celebration for the anniversary tomorrow (can't imagine they would not!) and Wow! glad to hear the fence around the beach and pool are gone!:cool1:
That is fantastic news!!!
DetTigsGal said:

Neat!!!!!!

How exciting....have fun :goodvibes.

DS and DD are pin collectors/traders. Did anyone see a pin for the 25th anniversary of the GF?

Yes....they have them on EBay...Interesting design...penguins on it..Mary Poppins themed I guess...

How exciting! Have fun!

Sounds like fun!!! Enjoy!!!

Nice photos! Thanks!

So jealous! And of course very happy for you and your family. :)

Can't wait to hear details!:goodvibes

Dd and I won a DREAM HOUR at HS back when it was year of million dreams. We won at 2pm and had to wait all day to see what a dream hour was. We had one of the first ones. It was dd at 11 on our 1st mom and me trip. People wonder why I go back all the time but it stuff like this that keeps us coming back:lovestruc

FYI the dream hour was a rock concert in the Indy jones theatre and then Mickey and Minnie came out to tell us park getting cleared out and we could ride any ride as many times as we wanted for one full hour. We did 4 TOT's and 6 RR"s . Literally ran full speed from ride to ride cause no one there to tell us no!

Really was a great memory.

Sure wish I was at the GRande today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter