A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an amazing honeymoon at Grand Floridian in 2011, now I am super excited to be returning with the whole family in a 2-bedroom villa Oct. 31-Nov.6. Can't wait to stay in the new building! :)

It sounds enchanting to honeymoon at the Grand. I will be in a one bedroom in Dec. and Jan. for a week each time. I've been told we will be able to see the Bride and Groom in Cinderella's horse drawn carriage because the villas are so close to the wedding pavilion.

Found a picture of a bottle of wine. It is Mirassou. It is a red wine. Also available are white wines and blush wines. Champagne was available too last year.

Sugarloaf served Champagne every day. Last week I overheard one CM mention that you can ask for champagne in the mornings for mimosas, too!

I skipped the champagne each day because it tends to give me a headache, add in the extreme heat- not a good combo! I did however enjoy a glass or 2 of chardonnay each evening! They also had a pinot noir and a blush/zin.

The beer selections were Yuengling light, Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Mich Ultra.

I remember the beer was Sam Adams and Heineken. I'll search my pictures to see if I have photos of the wine bottles.

Thanks, those selections sound fine :goodvibes . A good Pinot Noir sould be a nice "lounge on the balcony and enjoy the view" refreshment !!!
Yueng light should be fine, maybe Heine light ?.........I prefer Mexican lighter beer. I wonder if they could get Corona or something similiar if you ask.......I believe they sell Corona in Mizners, so it is on property . I may try to ask for it and see what happens.

Thanks !

Syndrome

We're on the way down to spend the 4th at the Grand. We stopped today to go to the beach and spend the night in St Augustine, and I just broke a nail darn it! I looked on the Senses website and did see that they do gel polish, but nothing about actual gel nails. Anybody have a clue if I may be able to get it fixed there?

sue m, i am going the exact same day as you, for ten days, also at GF and BC (i know you are YC). we are doing 6 days at BC CL then 4 at GF RPC! :cool1:

The best of both worlds!! We loved BC CL aug 2011, then stayed AKL CL Aug 2012. No CL this trip :upsidedow

Candy Orlando, I forgot to say congratulations on your purchase of the VGF! We are going to see the models on the 16th, the day we arrive. We are not too excited, are we?:rotfl:

Candy Orlando, I forgot to say congratulations on your purchase of the VGF! We are going to see the models on the 16th, the day we arrive. We are not too excited, are we?:rotfl:

Thank you, MommyGina, you will love the model. They used top of the line appliances, counters, tile, floors, etc. My husband and I were so impressed we bought enough points for two weeks a year in a one bedroom. The Grand is so beautiful. I love listening to classical music while having tea and scones in the Garden View Lounge.

Congrats on your purchase ! The reason I asked is we purchased at the beach club never thinking back then that they would ever build at the grand Don't know whether to buy , we have so many points at the beach club but we stay at the grand every year. I'm thinking it will be pretty hard to get in VGF with these points. Wish we would have waited.

We had an amazing honeymoon at Grand Floridian in 2011, now I am super excited to be returning with the whole family in a 2-bedroom villa Oct. 31-Nov.6. Can't wait to stay in the new building! :)

:dance3: Congrats booking a villa!

Just as an FYI, the Epcot resorts do provide 20 oz. bottles of water to take to the parks. It would be nice if the GF did the same. ::yes::

Thanks Mousemommy1 :goodvibes That might be unique to YC/BC ..not sure..?? I stayed CL at the BWI in February and don't recall seeing the individual bottles of water....I might have been traumatized by that :clown: pool tho and overlooked them?? LOL....

Just left after 10 days at the Grand. They will have to be working like crazy to be done with the villas by Oct 23.

MommaGina- wait until you see the studio and 1 bedroom - unbelievable!

I really like what they have done with the courtyard pool.

When we were there magic bands were being tested with CR and AKL guests that checked in on the 21st. We had the kttw card and I really like the tap and pay, tap and enter.

BOG lunch is going to be part of the fast pass +

LOTS of fininshing going on a GF DVC. Wall looks to be very tight to the DVC main building with the beach almost fully open, and the walkway looks open all the way around the new building past the wedding pav. and all the way to the Poly !

Here is a link for updates if anyone is interested in some good updated pics and read. From Josh at Easy WDW. Love his writing style, lol.
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/grand-floridian-dvc-construction-continues-new-merchandise-and-menus-and-a-walk-around/#more-11377

We are so excited for our upcoming stay to GF Sugarloaf in a few weeks (only 20 sleeps to go :goodvibes),now that everything is coming along so nicely. I will admit that we were quite nervous to stay at GF with some of the construction going on. We saw it first hand in October, and I cant believe how far along they have come !!!:thumbsup2 I am going to go out on a limb and say the exterior of the main building will be done in 2-4 weeks or so.........hopefully before we get there !:rotfl2: maybe the wall will be totally gone very soon :yay: .

Just wanted to let everyone in on the newest updates, with a nice read and pics to go with it !

Syndrome

LOTS of fininshing going on a GF DVC. Wall looks to be very tight to the DVC main building with the beach almost fully open, and the walkway looks to open all the way around the new building past the wedding pav. and all the way to the Poly !

Here is a link for updates if anyone is interested in some good updated pics and read. From Josh at Easy WDW. Love his writing style, lol.
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/grand-floridian-dvc-construction-continues-new-merchandise-and-menus-and-a-walk-around/#more-11377

We are so excited for our upcoming stay to GF Sugarloaf in a few weeks (only 20 sleeps to go :goodvibes),now that everything is coming along so nicely. I will admit that we were quite nervous to stay at GF with some of the construction going on. We saw it first hand in October, and I cant believe how far along they have come !!!:thumbsup2 I am going to go out on a limb and say the exterior of the main building will be done in 2 weeks or so.........hopefully before we get there !:rotfl2: maybe the wall will be totally gone very soon :yay: .

Just wanted to let everyone in on the newest updates, with a nice read and pice to go with it !

Syndrome

I agree that it look's like a lot of progress has been made in Josh's update. The resort is really coming together. Can't wait to see it once they open. Hopefully that'll mean an announcement of other resort improvements, like a resort room renovation.

Didn't really hear any construction noises.. noticed regular landscaping noises more.

Walkway is open all the way to Poly Beach. There are a couple of beach cabanas available.

Hello, GF lovers!!:wave: I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth with lots of love and family.:grouphug:

I have been battling a back injury (re-injury of old back strain) and have been offline for a few days. I need to go back and read all the posts to get updated on everyone's trip plans.:goodvibes

Sydrome, thanks for the link to the updated DVC photos, looks like things are really coming along!

LOTS of fininshing going on a GF DVC. Wall looks to be very tight to the DVC main building with the beach almost fully open, and the walkway looks open all the way around the new building past the wedding pav. and all the way to the Poly !

We are so excited for our upcoming stay to GF Sugarloaf in a few weeks (only 20 sleeps to go :goodvibes),now that everything is coming along so nicely. I will admit that we were quite nervous to stay at GF with some of the construction going on. We saw it first hand in October, and I cant believe how far along they have come !!!:thumbsup2 I am going to go out on a limb and say the exterior of the main building will be done in 2-4 weeks or so.........hopefully before we get there !:rotfl2: maybe the wall will be totally gone very soon :yay: .

Just wanted to let everyone in on the newest updates, with a nice read and pics to go with it !

Syndrome

Thanks for that link! I enjoy Josh's writing style too!

k&a&c'smom Ouch! Hope that you are feeling better... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter