• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOOK Omg Beautiful! Guess where I want to be right now ;)

Happy Easter!
Hmmm... That's a hard question to answer seeing as you are subscribed to the RC thread:)

Love the photos, KOOK! I thought last week how fun it would be to see the Easter eggs, if only there were some way to do so while skipping the Easter crowds.:laughing: Thanks for making my wish come true.;)
You're welcome and I'm glad 'your' pool is back open today:thumbsup2

ETA: You're welcome, cm8! Which part of the bunny would you break off first:scratchin

Great photos everyone. The Easter displays are so pretty, Kook , and love the views from Boca Chica k&a&c. So many nice views, I requested marina view, but this looks good too!

Happy Easter, GF Lovers!!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day, full of family and love. pixiedust:

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the photos.

KOOK - LOL about "my" pool - I guess we'll share it with Cali-D.;) We are so excited to see it after the renovations. I am bummed about the shallower depth, but still looking forward to checking it out.

Sue M - the marina view IS very lovely, I don't blame you for requesting it.

peaches00 said:
Can anyone who has seen new pool know if they took deep end out? It looks a lot smaller.

Supposedly they were making the pool approx 4 feet deep. Personally I think it stinks.

Hmmm... That's a hard question to answer seeing as you are subscribed to the RC thread:)

You're welcome and I'm glad 'your' pool is back open today:thumbsup2

ETA: You're welcome, cm8! Which part of the bunny would you break off first:scratchin

:wave2::scratchin his legs so it can't hop away:rotfl:::yes::

Supposedly they were making the pool approx 4 feet deep. Personally I think it stinks.

I agree. I don't know how a smaller pool with less room for actually swimming is going to handle an influx of dvc members. I loved that pool.

Isn't the new pool supposed to be zero entry? I can't tell from the photos posted which side is zero entry now. Also, are the hot tubs still there?

So... Uh.... Why is it that one cannot obtain mickey shaped pasta neither thru room service nor at gasparillas? Furthermore, in Gasparillas, why are the ice cream sprinkles not mickey shaped either? These are Disney experience immersion layups imo and bad misses by the gf. And what is with the terribly varying quality of housekeeping?

So... Uh.... Why is it that one cannot obtain mickey shaped pasta neither thru room service nor at gasparillas? Furthermore, in Gasparillas, why are the ice cream sprinkles not mickey shaped either? These are Disney experience immersion layups imo and bad misses by the gf. And what is with the terribly varying quality of housekeeping?

I don't believe they've ever been there, at least in my stays. And we've never missed it. Obvious your opinion differs, but they do things a little different at GF. If those are your deal breakers, another resort might be better for you!

As for mouse keeping, we've always had wonderland service there so I'd think its anomaly, and I would make sure to mention it. Someone may just need some retraining.

Isn't the new pool supposed to be zero entry? I can't tell from the photos posted which side is zero entry now. Also, are the hot tubs still there?

It looks like the zero entry is on the former shallow end, nearest the Conch Key end of the building. The hot tub is still at the courtyard pool, and I assume the one at the spa is still there, too.

Me, too!!:headache: We loved the deep end, it was our favorite area to relax. One of the few things we were not in love with at the US/IOA resorts was the shallower pools - now, the WDW pools are going the same way.

I assume many of you have seen by now but photos of the reopened Courtyard Pool have been posted on www.wdwmagic.com !!!

Thanks for the link, I had not seen these yet.:goodvibes

I am guessing due to people "pool hopping" the perimeter fencing is necessary but I am not in love with it myself

I'm not a fan, either. I hadn't realized they were adding a fence, the GF never seemed to have as many hoppers as other resorts and I can't imagine the courtyard pool would be anyone's destination pool choice.:confused: I love it, but I certainly never feel the urge to visit it when we are staying elsewhere!;)

I am guessing due to people "pool hopping" the perimeter fencing is necessary but I am not in love with it myself

I don't like it either. I guess I can see why it was necessary, not just for poolhoppers, but for liability protection and to protect small kids who get away from their parents from getting to the pool and accidently falling in. Seems like I read that Florida had instituted some new regulations or laws regarding the fencing of pools in the last year or so, so maybe they had to do it to get the permit to redo the pool. Maybe they can place more bushes or flowers and greenery to make it look at little better.

I also have to wonder why the "slippery when wet" sign is IN the pool on the side in one of the photos. That would seem to be a no brainer. Makes me wonder if that is a step or ladder area where someone has already had an accident in that spot, and they have a slickness issue they need to remedy with some more texturing or strips.

It does look a lot smaller in the photos than the old pool. Hopefully, someone will be along soon who has been there in person and can confirm whether that is the case. Maybe it is just the angle of the photos or the fence making it appear smaller when it isn't.

Glad it is finally reopened though!

It looks like the zero entry is on the former shallow end, nearest the Conch Key end of the building. The hot tub is still at the courtyard pool, and I assume the one at the spa is still there, too.

Me, too!!:headache: We loved the deep end, it was our favorite area to relax. One of the few things we were not in love with at the US/IOA resorts was the shallower pools - now, the WDW pools are going the same way.

Thanks for the link, I had not seen these yet.:goodvibes

I'm not a fan, either. I hadn't realized they were adding a fence, the GF never seemed to have as many hoppers as other resorts and I can't imagine the courtyard pool would be anyone's destination pool choice.:confused: I love it, but I certainly never feel the urge to visit it when we are staying elsewhere!;)

That fence!! :scared1: I hate it. And the lack of the deep end is going to send me off the deep end.

Ok, its really not that bad. Change is progress, I get it. Now that this project is complete, how do we get an adult quiet pool added over by the new villa building? :cool1:

Can you guys share your favorite buildings/floors for garden view rooms? Are the chances pretty slim I'll be stuck with a view of a construction crane and a half finished dvc building?

I know I could request Sago Cay, but I feel like the view of the monorail instead of the view of the rest of the resort would not be as nice. I'd love boca chica facing the courtyard pool, at least I think that's the best garden view option?

I'm going to miss the deep end as well. And the pool does look smaller in the photos (but maybe it's really not?)... It's probably going to be really crowded now with it being so shallow and the zero entry.

It looks smaller to me, too, I hope it's just the angle of the photos.

ao23 - thanks for the links to the photos!

That fence!! :scared1: I hate it. And the lack of the deep end is going to send me off the deep end.

Ok, its really not that bad. Change is progress, I get it. Now that this project is complete, how do we get an adult quiet pool added over by the new villa building? :cool1:

Maybe a petition?;) We may be the lone voices in the wilderness. lol

Can you guys share your favorite buildings/floors for garden view rooms? Are the chances pretty slim I'll be stuck with a view of a construction crane and a half finished dvc building?

I know I could request Sago Cay, but I feel like the view of the monorail instead of the view of the rest of the resort would not be as nice. I'd love boca chica facing the courtyard pool, at least I think that's the best garden view option?

The marina views in Sago Cay and Conch Key are considered garden view, if that appeals to you. The pool views in Boca Chica and Conch are garden view as well, though Boca has a better view of the pool from more rooms.

In fact, I'm not sure how many garden view rooms DO have a view of the DVC construction - the Big Pine Key rooms that look toward the new villas are mostly lagoon view. (I think Cali-D may have better info on room categories by building) So having a garden view probably helps lower the chances of a construction view.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter