A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by k&a&c'smom, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autumnpalm

autumnpalm DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Wow, and you even understood my typo! :rotfl:

That's a lot of pics! We saw Mickey at GF on his way to a private function one visit.

4. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

What beautiful photos, cm8!:cloud9: Thanks for posting them. I laughed about the 1000 photos - we take a lot, but not even close!:laughing:

I especially liked the shot from the monorail walkway toward the Convention Center, we don't see many of those, and I'm sure many posters will enjoy seeing the CL amenities.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see the pool shots, when you have time.:flower3:

5. britterbell

britterbell Mouseketeer

Going for the first time the last week of August, please tell me the beach will be open??

6. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

That's what I'm waiting to hear too :listen:

7. cm8

cm8 <font color=blue>Half of the time we're rushing ar

You are so welcome, here are some of the pool shots and the Mr and Mrs Cheese
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That I am uncertain about. It does seem there will be a smaller beach in front of the DVC area:beach:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here are the latest photos:rolleyes1

8. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Missed you SO much!!!! :hug:

::yes::

:beach: Many of us are waiting.....impatiently :rotfl:

cm8Thanks for the pics :thumbsup2 Sorry your balcony got loud at times..

9. cm8

:goodvibes, It was worth it for the lovely view we had :magnify::cloud9:

10. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the photos, cm8! Keep 'em comin'!;)

Anyone else think it looks like far too much work yet to be done for the pool to open by March 31?:scared:

Aww, thanks.:goodvibes I've been busy, but along with it I had a hard time logging on due to no visits scheduled for this year. Worried I'd get the urge and book something, no matter if we couldn't go.:laughing:

Which leads to my news - booked a trip for next month!:cool1::cool1: So, I'm right there with everyone else, crossing my fingers the pool is open soon.

I assume I'm late to the party on the news of the beach pool refurb scheduled for the end of May? Hoping we hit the sweet spot between the two!;)

11. cm8

Here are some reply's from the other GF pool thread.
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3074490&page=2

It sounds like there has been a lot of work completed since my stay:eek:

:woohoo::banana::yay:

12. ErinsAuntMimi

ErinsAuntMimi Earning My Ears

Trying to snag an AR for the tea room as well for May. DH called a few days ago for other reservations but learned you must wait for 30 days out from the start of your stay before you can make a reservation there. Hope that helps!

13. scottmel

scottmel <font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina

When was GF last updated in terms of the rooms? Is construction still a problem? I am sure all of this is detailed but I can't go thru the thread quite yet. I am a long time YC lover just thinkin about a change in pace this june...Thanks!

14. 6264EVER

6264EVER Mouseketeer

After many GF stays with a Theme Park View, we are looking for something new. I know the Theme Park View for RPC is over Gasparilla's.

I have looked for pictures of a Deluxe Room RPC. What is the view and what floor would they be located?

15. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

Thanks, cm8!

This must be new, we book at least once each trip and have never encountered this before.

The GF rooms were last renovated in 2007. The DVC construction is still in progress, but it seems the courtyard pool is almost ready to open - March 31, if they stay on schedule.

The Gasparilla, Sandy Cove and Beach Pool Bar renovations have been completed, and the spa is re-opened as of January.

HTH! We love the YC, too, did a split with the GF/YC last August.:thumbsup2

Deluxe rooms (2 queens) are either over the courtyard or beach pool. Deluxe king rooms are either in the same area as the theme park view rooms (over Gasparilla's, second floor, rectangular with jacuzzi and balcony) or overlooking the beach pool (octagonal, garden tub, no balcony, walk in closet). Three of the octagonal rooms have a view of the castle out one side of the wrap around windows.

There are deluxe photos on the first page of this thread.:flower3: ETA: below is a photo from a 3rd floor deluxe queen overlooking the courtyard.
    [​IMG]

16. Tink rules

Tink rules <font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t

Rumors have it that the GF rooms are going to get a refurb after the Poly rooms are complete and they are in the middle of construction over there now.

17. Cadyrose

Cadyrose Mouseketeer

I would call again. We booked an ADR for the tea room at 180 days out....I would hate to see someone miss out if a phone CM misinformed them! I have only seen the 30-60 days for the Dessert Party during wishes....

18. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

cm8 love love the photos!

19. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

I second that!! thank you for posting the pictures cm8 ! it's making me absolutely more excited to be there!! :yay: 67 days to go!!! then it's Grand Time!

20. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

CM8 I lurk on this thread a lot (desire to stay at GF one day) but I had to say Thank You for shareing the pictures. :)

21. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

I third that, too! Many thanks for posting these pics! :thumbsup2

And welcome back, kacsmom!!!:hug: We've missed you!

I have to say, I'm having a awfully hard time not changing our ressies to the Grand. :rolleyes1 I just lovve it there! :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.