A girl ought to Celebrate what passes by-New PTR link up 7/16/10

Honestly, I was watching the commercials with more interest as Janet had said Universal was announcing a big deal. Mom apparently does not remember me readying the first round of Superbowl food, seeing the ad, then quickly heading downstairs to sign up.

:thumbsup2 Free is always good! Saved me $100 for August:woohoo:

Help!
I got a free dining PIN, but I'm unsure on what to do. At present, Pop+WL is running me about 1300. With free dining, CBR preferred room would be $1,536, Pop preferred would be $945/ Is it worth it to switch now? Should I even risk annoying my TA? Is the DDP really *that* great?
Thoughts?

I say the way to do the DDP is the free way, this way you can experiment with it and if you hate it you didn't pay in the first place. You can set up some 2TS meals . I would go for it!

I enjoy the DDP for a number of reasons

1. regardless of if you're paying for it or it's free (which of course free is MUCH better!) - everything is taken care of in advance. It's once less thing to worry about.

a. With free dining, all your meals and snacks are free. Free = good.

2. I think that the DDP forces you to take a break and take advantage of the various food options at WDW. Since you wouldn't want your CS or TS credits to go to waste, you are more conscious of choosing places to eat.

a. with free dining, I think it's easier to be adventurous - if you know you're not paying for the experience you may be more willing to try someplace new.

3. It's easy, you just use your KTW card and you're good to go.

I don't think that the DDP is for everyone, but I personally love it and would use it on my trip whether it was free or not. Free dining is a great way to try it on for size and see if it suits you. I'd say go for it.

I decided to skip the free dining-I know it sounds screwy, but I've never paid rack rate before, so even with the free food it bugged me.
Can I declare '09 officially evil-I swear, it's been one pile of you-know-what after another round. Here. :mad::mad:
However, what makes things better-15 days until I board that sweet monorail that wants me to enjoy my stay in the Orlando area, and 99 days until I drive through the lovely purple gates to WDW. :cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3::dance3::cool1:
Now, I really gotta get cracking on my ADR's, as well as plans for my rental car day at Universal. Would it be cheating if I drove over to DTD and ate at the T-Rex cafe-I have a g/c, so it would be free?

I understand how you feel about the DDP. It's not for everyone.

Heck yes, you should pop on over to DTD and T-Rex!
:thumbsup2

1. A very vague sketch of my Universal plans has emerged: 7/31-IOS, lunch CS, hit citywalk at night
8/1 Start at Universal, possibly cab it to an outlet
8/2 Rental car day! Hit outlets. Go to DTD, where I have a reservation at T-Rex-I have my Tchoup Chop reservation tonight, but may change it depending on the Godmother (who has had yet more you-know-what going on in her life, so obs I haven't gotten a straight answer out of her as to if she's coming)
8/3-More parks, as well as hitting up a the pool
8/4-parks, leaving :(
I've been getting my Universal stuff ready today, as I'm off to NYC next weekend. I cannot find my Universal lanyard-I'm thinking I may clip my Vera zip ID* to my DISUnplugged lanyard, but we shall see.
I'm flip flopping on the Hulk-last year I had an, erm, visitor who with my migraines kept me from doing it. I'm just really concerned that being shot out into the light would wreck havoc on my brain.

More importantly, I have settled my ADR's. These are driving me nuts because I don't know how to make them-I e-mailed my TA for her opinion as to whether she or I should do them. The big kink is that the day I am able to do them, I will be in CT, awaiting heading off to NYC for restaurant week**, celebrating the mother's 21st birthday ;), and a stop at WoD. Seems like my options are having my TA do them, me getting up at 6am to do them online (which requires lugging my new laptop around for the rest of the weekend), or calling at 7am, which necessitates most likely calling from the car.
Anyway, the winners in the ADR's and rough planning are:
Friday the 23rd-Early breakfast at CP, group dinner at 'Ohana, day at MK
Saturday the 24th-F&W booth for lunch, Chefs de France for dinner (insurance, although I'm hoping to switch that Kouzzina)
Sunday the 25th-DHS rope drop for TSM, lunch at beaches and cream. Head back to my room, the CHH and MNSSHP (oh, and Sharpay is turning 15 that day :scared1::scared1::scared1:)
Monday the 26th-Early DTD am for characers in flight, lunch at Earl's, evening at Epcot with dinner at LeCellier.
Tuesday the 27th-AK, lunch at sanaa, afternoon at DTD, dinner at Planet hollywood, possible drinks at Paradiso 37 later
Wednesday the 28th: Epcot, lunch at sunshine seasons, dinner at Boma, evening monorail tour
Thursday the 29th: Kona bfast, MK, wave lunch
*Am I the only one boggled that the Vera lanyards don't clip to the Zip id?
**We are having dinner at Alex Guarnashelli's restaurant. :love::love::love:

I officially hate 2009. Remember the godmother, who lost her husband on Mother's day? She joined the Dead Dad's Club Monday morning. Poor thing. The memorial service is on Saturday. Mom's going down to Florida for the funeral*, so the trip to NYC that had nothing to do with her turning 21 has been cancelled. :sad1::sad1: Due of this, it also looks like my godmother won't be coming to visit while I'm in Orlando.
In happier news, THREE MONTHS! THREE MONTHS UNTIL WDW! Woohoo! I CANNOT wait. And The Evanses, Mickey, Minnie and Sharpay will be in WDW this time next month. I am, however, slightly bummed about the F&W fest stuff posted on Allears. I'd LOVE to see Cat Cora, but It's the day after I leave. Oh well, I'll live (and save money!). I do; however, take it as a sign that Kouzinna will be open when I'm there. I am currently obsessed with the new Weird Al song "Skipper Dan." Check it out. Beyond that, I'm awaitng making my ADR's on Friday, and awaiting Disney's newest promotion once FD ends. And OMG THREE MONTHS!!!!!!!
Eight more days** and I'll be at work crawling the walls, then Logan, and then MCO! And on to RPR. I cleaned last weekend, and found my Universal lanyard***, as well as my other thingie that keeps my electronics dry. I am having no luck negotiating with Priceline on a rental car, so I booked Mears, and am doing a one-day Hertz rental. On that day, I plan on heading to DTD, and eating at T-Rex. Woohoo. Sad thing is, I wwas telling myself I could either do DTD or a Spa, and I chose DTD.
*JetBlue FINALLY has mobile flight alerts. I was very happy to see that on Twitter yesterday. She's landing on JetBlue on Monday, I'm leaving on Thursday. We should just move into the JetBlue terminal[/B]
*On our first trip to WDW, as we were counting down, my dad would sing a song that included "Six more days and I'll be home, drinking beer with lots of rum, doo dah, doo dah" [I'm pretty sure it's a real song, as my dad did not drink] Google is failing me, I'm the queen of mondegreens, and my dad's lyrics were often a little off ("someday my prince will come, then I'll sock the bum." is a pretty good example), so I'm not quite sure what the real lyrics are.
**you know you have bag issues when you decided to bring TWO lanyards-the DISUnplugged and Universal one-on a five day trip.

So sorry for the loss! When it raisn it pours, huh? :hug:

So when are you planning on being at WoD??? I work downstairs out of sight but if I know your coming I can make an appearance or have someone come find me!

So sorry for the loss! When it raisn it pours, huh? :hug:

So when are you planning on being at WoD??? I work downstairs out of sight but if I know your coming I can make an appearance or have someone come find me!

It was going to be Friday, but the NYC trip got cancelled due to the death. :( I'll let you know the next time I'm coming.

:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

My TA (Deb from The Magic For Less) got all my ADR's! Yay! However (you knew there was going to be a however), now that Free Dining has been extended (and I check some of the prices of the meals I'm eating at), I'm thinking I may jump on the offer. At Value resorts, it's free QS package (and I could upgrade to regular for $10 a night), and at mods I could get the regular dining package. I HAD asked Deb to price Pop preferred, but now I'm leaning towards CBR preferred.
Pop pros:
*One bus stop
*Cheap
*I liked it
*Near Epcot
Pop cons
*$10 surcharge
*Not new form me

CBR pros:
*New
*Close to Epcot
*Recently remodelled
Cons:
*I'm not in love with it, I'm kind of just trying to avoid ending up at POFQ (again).
(Lots of bus stops

Thoughts?

In better news, this time next week I'll be having dinner at Citywalk. :dance3::dance3:

At Value resorts, it's free QS package (and I could upgrade to regular for $10 a night), and at mods I could get the regular dining package. I HAD asked Deb to price Pop preferred, but now I'm leaning towards CBR preferred.
Pop pros:
*One bus stop
*Cheap
*I liked it
*Near Epcot
Pop cons
*$10 surcharge
*Not new form me

Thoughts?

Gee, in the long run, is $10 per night really all that much?? :confused3

I always say, stay where you want to stay... it makes such a big difference in your trip!

Congrats on getting all your ADRs! :thumbsup2

Kathy

Hi Hedy,

Glad I found you right before you left...have a great trip to Universal. I'm also sorry to hear about your godmother's loss.

I'm no help with trying to decide where to stay as we love POFQ and always stayed there prior to our DVC. CBR just seems so huge and that it would take forever to get from point A to B..but maybe not if you were in perferred :confused3 See - told you I'd be no help!

Deb is the best, I think when we last used her for our trip I must have changed dates/hotels/and people at least five times. She was always able to get us the best deal.

Oh - and when you get back, can you let us know how the Disney Outlet was? We were kinda disappointed in it last trip (once we found it ;) ) so I'm hoping it'll be good this time around.

Ty

So, I'm stay at Pop preferred, with the DDP. w00t! :cool1::cool1::cool1:
In other exciting news, a new LL Bean opened down the street from me this weekend. I am thrilled! I stopped by yesterday, as I had a $10 coupon from my Visa, and picked up a nice new travel towel (for drying off on water rides-believe it or not, neither the auto section at Target nor Autozone had any chamois) as well as some mad gabs balm which is now sold under LL Bean auspices.
Also, today I downloaded the Mousesavers POI onto my gps. It is awesome-there's everything you could need on there-I high recommend downloading it.

I would go Pop, but I am not a true CBR person. It looks huge to me:confused3
I went with Pop.
Gee, in the long run, is $10 per night really all that much?? :confused3

I always say, stay where you want to stay... it makes such a big difference in your trip!

Congrats on getting all your ADRs! :thumbsup2

Kathy
Off to Pop. :cheer2::cheer2: Now I may blow my savings on the Sweet Sunday with the French Laundry* person.
Hi Hedy,

Glad I found you right before you left...have a great trip to Universal. I'm also sorry to hear about your godmother's loss.

I'm no help with trying to decide where to stay as we love POFQ and always stayed there prior to our DVC. CBR just seems so huge and that it would take forever to get from point A to B..but maybe not if you were in perferred :confused3 See - told you I'd be no help!

Deb is the best, I think when we last used her for our trip I must have changed dates/hotels/and people at least five times. She was always able to get us the best deal.

Oh - and when you get back, can you let us know how the Disney Outlet was? We were kinda disappointed in it last trip (once we found it ;) ) so I'm hoping it'll be good this time around.

Ty
I'll be sure to let you know how the outlets are-I really liked the one in Vegas, so we'll see how this one is...

So, um after many e-mails with TMFL (Deb's on vacation, so I get Linda), I'm at POFQ with free dining. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 (insert joke about her being Tiggerbell's TA and being used to changes)

This time tomorrow I'll be readying to land in Orlando! :scared1::scared1: If only I could pack rather than work tomorrow:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Seriously, though, I'll be Tweeting as Hedytf on the trip, if you want to follow me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter