A girl ought to Celebrate what passes by-New PTR link up 7/16/10

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Hedy, May 23, 2009.

1. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Hello, all! I'm finally back with a new pre-trip. You probably did not notice that I've been much less present on the TR/PTR boards, and the DIS in general. Or you may not have wondered why a few days of waking up in Vegas took me five months to write. My excuse goes a little something like this: I got sent to vacation addict rehab. In short, I got a new job in November (matter of fact, I decided it was "On like Donkey Kong" (or at least that's what I Tweeted) the day they announced the 4/3 deal. No, I wasn't planning a trip.). While this is good-I'm working in my actual field, and more pleseant to be around, it came with the stipulation of no earned time for six months, which is in two weeks not that I'm counting. Anyway, let us begin at the beginning, shall we?
    Halloween is my favorite holiday, so once I learned about MNSSHP and the decorations (which I think was waaayback when Mickey* and Minnie went with the Evanses and Sharpay when Sharpay was in Kindergarden. Sharpay will be entering high school in the fall. Holy cow.) I knew I had to go. Alas, I could not go for many years, as I was in school. Then I decided to go Christmas 07. Anyway, I knew I needed to make it to MNSSHP. As a group of people on another board I'm on are having a meet in laste October, I figured this would be my chance.
    Who: At present it's just me. My mother might be coming-we've had kind of a stinky '09 so far-her brother (only sibling) passed away in March, then her BFF/my godmother (bff fo' realz-close to 60 years they've been BFF. Amazing given Mom's 21 ;) )'s DH passed away on Mother's Day. I'm hoping Mom joins me for part of it to clear her head, but I'm also kind of looking forward to having some solo time in the parks.
    What: A trip to WDW, of course. I'm planning on hitting MNSSHP, F&W fest (possibly some events), and the parks. At some point this summer, I'm probably also heading down to Naples to see the aforementioned Godmother, as well as to make good use of my Superbowl Universal ticket.
    Where: Ok people, I have a confession to make. My name is Heather, and I'm a Hotelpickophobe. I believe this was cemented on my Vegas trip, when I switched hotels on Sunday night, when we checked in on Friday night. When I started pricing this out, I used a Travel agent. I did this mainly because at the time I worked in phone-based customer service, and after 8.5 hours on the phone you don't want to talk to Sparkle about costs of POFQ and dining at Boma. I've been pretty happy-I'm using Deb at The Magic for Less. Anyway, when I first booked this trip in November, I had her price out Pop and CBR with AAA rates. I know I've denegrated CBR in the past, but the pirate pool looked cool, it's near Epcot, and it's a Mod I haven't tried. So it was CBR for October 23-29. All was well and good until It came in my inbox. It was a (shh) PIN code! It started on 10/25-I had my TA run some places, but I decided on WL-it's no CR (my dream resort, if you don't know), or Poly, but it's still pretty snappy. So I was at CBR for 10/23-25, and WL for 10/25-29. Then JetBlue released their fares-it was much cheaper for me to leave on the night of the 22nd after work. So I switched to Pop preferred room (after trekking to the 90's section during Fay, I preferred room seemed worth it). Now, I'd put money on myself changing my reservation-I'm hoping for either a renewed 4/3 deal or even free dining, but I might also rent points, as a metric boatload of people in the group I'm with are staying at SSR.
    When: Late 10/22 to 10/29, 2009 (my ticker goes to 10/23, as that's when I think I'll be on WDW property)
    Why: Because a girl ought to celebrate what passes by. ( Yes, that is Sara Ramirez , aka Callie Torres, singing)
    How: Three guess as to what airline I'm taking. Ding! Ding! Jetblue. Woohoo! I love JetBlue (actually, there was something going on when I booked my tickets and I had to call to get my credit from my August '08 trip applied to my tickets. The call ended with me telling the agent I loved her company.)
    Up next..what I'm looking forward to doing, where I'm looking forward to eating...
    *Heather's family, in a nutshell. I live with my mother and cat, Oscar. I have three older brothers, whom I will refer to as follows:
    Mr Evans, Mrs. Evans (Formerly known as OldestBrother and DSIL) and Sharpay (aka Dniece15-who is a much nicer person than Sharpay Sharpay. I debated going with "Mitchie" and the "Torreses", but decided against it. Also debated calling her Melody, but given Melody is Minnie Mouse's niece and not Mickey Mouse's, the asymmetry bothered me.).
    Jack and Sally (aka MiddleBrother and DSIL). Their children are Mordie, 14, and Ferdie, 10 (aka OlderNephew and YoungerNephew)
    Mickey and Minnie (aka YoungestBrother and DisneyMSF)
    Mickey, Minnie, the Evanes and Sharpay are heading to Kidani village in August, so there may be some snippets here and there about that.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hedy

4. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

I'm here Heather :wave2:

5. Disneyland_Mama

Disneyland_Mama <marquee><font color=peach>His head instantly infl

I'm in! :thumbsup2

I love Sara Ramirez! :goodvibes

6. KatGarcia

KatGarcia Just Keep Swimming.

I'm in too!

7. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

8. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Your trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun -- from one resort-changer to another, I have to join in! :thumbsup2

9. lazydoxy66

lazydoxy66 Live, love, and laugh!

Signing on!!!

10. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Hi Heather! How many days since your last fix?! ;)

I'm in! :yay:

11. Hedy

Almost 3 months! I haven't changed since I swapped CBR for Pop. :scared1: However, that doesn't stop my mind. I got an e-mail from the Swolphin yesterday (not for my dates, of course) and was all "you hated it last time! But, but I could walk to f&W!")

12. Hedy

Woohoo! I have a new laptop (named Jessie, as in Yodeling cowgirl), so updates should happen with a greater frequency.

13. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

okay in for another round.

14. Hedy

Things I am looking forward on this trip which are new (and not restaurants):
    MNSSHP
    Food and Wine festival
    Toy Story Mania
    Tren-D
    Possibly the KTTK tour
    Characters in Flight
    Kim Possible
    In other Disney trip news, I tok advantage of Old Navy’s $3 graphis tees on Satrday, so some will probably be going to WDW with me. Also (yay, squee!) Minnie ordered me a Passporter (she has a discount), which I got tonight. Yay!
    In other news, I think I mentioned that I was planning a trip to not WDW (Naples and Universal) this summer. At present, I’m still in the loose planning stages (it looks like July 31 to August 5), but Hotes.com was having a sale, so at resent I’m booked at the Hotel Universal for the first night I’m in Orlando and the last (in between I’ll be onsite at Universal)

15. lazydoxy66

Your list of firsts looks great! Mine is very similar.

16. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Food and Wine, KTTK, and Tren-D top my list of things I want to do at some point!

17. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

Sorry Heather, I didn't know you had started a PTR. :flower3:

Better late than never!!

Kathy

18. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

KTTK....hmmmm..........

That Characters in Flight looks cool. Maybe I can get over my fear of heights.

19. Hedy

There'll be a fuller update the erm, 12th of danged if I know (work is busy-but I'm using a trick I learned from Tiggerbell and bringing my flash drive, Lexie from my Vegas trip and her DFi are coming to visit on Wednesday, then there's Sharpay's recital this weekend), but I must make sme quick updates:
    ]I GET MY VACATION TIME TODAY-:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: So I'll be putting in for my other Orlando trip, plus this one.
    Went over to Mickey and Minnie's on Saturday night (Mickey helped me pull stuff off of my old laptop onto my new one). You will be shocked ;) to hear that Minnie and I talked Disney. Mickey, Mrs. Evans, and possibly Sharpay may be trying characters in flight. They're looking forward to trying Kidani, and are eating at Boma, Sannaa and Jiko.
    Only vaguely PTR related (although I'm debating doing La Nouba, and seeing another Cirque show will help me decide, right?) I'm taking Mordie and Ferdie to see Alegria next month.

20. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

I didn't know you hadn't done TSM yet, you're going to love it it's fantastic :thumbsup2

21. lazydoxy66