A girl ought to Celebrate what passes by-New PTR link up 7/16/10

Looks like lots of fun! And I must compliment you on your vera bag! What style is it? I LOVE that print. I think I may need a new one lol.

Disney slides...Free give-aways...Cindy & FGM...Mickey & Minnie...Cupcakes with Mickey-Head sprinkles....

What a fun way to spend the day!!

Kathy

Nice booty and not a bad way to spend a day or a few hours at least....I would not have minded stopping in on the beer fest either...:rolleyes1
I was going to, but I decided to check out the Deal or No deal auditions, which were over and everybody was saying was a waste of time.
That Mickey cupcake looks delicious!

Looks like lots of fun! And I must compliment you on your vera bag! What style is it? I LOVE that print. I think I may need a new one lol.
It's the Lisa B in purple punch-it's great. It hold everything my Betsy's can (wallet, coupon holder, emergency med stuff wristlet, ipod, camera, sunscreen), but is less bulky and has zip pockets on the outside for cell phone, makeup, pens.

Soon I hope to be able to start talking about my other Florida trip this year.
I just got back yesterday from the Vineyard for the weekend (and am now sick- dizzy and feeling like my brain is about to come out my skull-yay!). It was a very good time. Remember when I described the Yacht Club as being "the hotels on Martha's Vineyard that you're too poor to stay at? Here's what I mean.
3669457062_e7b95e3408.jpg
(Actually, we did stay there one year because there was a deal in the paper, and we missed our week at the timeshare-I'm pretty sure it was due to the Evanses getting married, but Mom's not sure. It was 17 years ago. :scared1::scared1:) Anyway, I was reading my Passporter in our room, and reading hotel descriptions. (it's normal to read guidebooks of other vacations on vacation, right?) I was reading hotel descriptions when a light came on over my head. "Hedy," said the lightbulb, "You are worried a room at Pop would be too small, but look at the room you are in now." The room as two twin beds, and is smaller than Pop. So we shall see-I'm hoping a deal for my dates comes out soon so I can finalize (ha!) my hotel.
I'm continuing to think about my MNSSHP costume-I'm leaning towards Giselle or Ariel. I think either of the Disney Store costumes would be way too hot. I'm thinking of blue skirt+t-shirt+corset+bow=Kiss the Girl costume, but we shall see. I think I'll check out the local thrift stores (my word, if only the mother volunteered at a thrift store. Oh wait, she does but it's closed for the summer).
Even if my mom cames, she'll be showing up late in the game, as she is doing an Alzheimer's Walk for a friend of hers with early onset. I'm planning on making them shirts again this year (and hopefully not starting three days before they need them). I'd like to find some sort of Alzheimer's awareness* DISign for me to wear that day, but I don't see anything on the board for it, and I find most of the shirts on Zazzle too syrupy.
*Hops on soapbox. 1 in 8 people over 65 have Alzheimer's.

I'm continuing to think about my MNSSHP costume-I'm leaning towards Giselle or Ariel. I think either of the Disney Store costumes would be way too hot. I'm thinking of blue skirt+t-shirt+corset+bow=Kiss the Girl costume, but we shall see.

Sounds really cute... I love that song!! (Will you be turning yourself into a redhead, too??)

Little-Mermaid-movie-03.jpg

Kathy

Sounds really cute... I love that song!! (Will you be turning yourself into a redhead, too??)

Little-Mermaid-movie-03.jpg

Kathy
My hair's naturally auburn-I'm planning on using it as it, with some flat iron/curling iron fun, but may add extensions if I can find some cheaply enough (my hair's arm pit length on a humid day)

What a gorgeous room! You are right! The Yacht Club does look like it!

I think Ariel would be a fun one for MNSSHP!

I had no idea Alzheimer's was so prevalent! :scared:

Apparently I missed that you started a new one!! Forgive my DISignorance!

Plans sound great, I would go w/ Ariel's Kiss the Girl costume, I think it would be easier to find/make the outfit components. Also, it's more unique.

How are the furkids, Oscar and Belle?! I haven't seen pictures of them in a while ... nudge, nudge...

What a gorgeous room! You are right! The Yacht Club does look like it!

I think Ariel would be a fun one for MNSSHP!

I had no idea Alzheimer's was so prevalent! :scared:
Even after sme of the stuff I now follow in the news, when I heard that statistic my jaw dropped.
Apparently I missed that you started a new one!! Forgive my DISignorance!

Plans sound great, I would go w/ Ariel's Kiss the Girl costume, I think it would be easier to find/make the outfit components. Also, it's more unique.

How are the furkids, Oscar and Belle?! I haven't seen pictures of them in a while ... nudge, nudge...

Oscar and Belle are good, they've been a little clingy lately as Mom's been away almost every weekend this month (which one week was coupled by my best friend and her fiance visiting-apparently the cats find tall men interesting). They're good now though, as Oscar's friend Ferdie came over, and my aunt sent them a laser mouse, which is very fun for them. (for those of you have not seen pictures before, Belle is the black cat, and she's 5. Oscar is the large white one, and is about 9).
3685370707_ac4c2801b9.jpg

3685371087_c81dd3c62d.jpg

3685371419_78a2d54249.jpg

3685371689_be06d0748c.jpg
Yes, in that last picture Oscar is wearing my croc, and he did that himself. :confused:

That room is gorgeous!

I think your idea for the costume is awesome. You definitely want to be comfortable.

Your furbabies are so cute!!!

What makes a hectic period at work better? (besides, despite this, having the overwhelming want to point and laugh as you drive by your old job*) Coming home to park hours! Of course, this now means I have to plan what I'm doing on which days. Do any other OTP's open up Excel, start making a plan, and wonder how on Earth they fit everything into a week the last time? It's starting to look like Fantasmic will be voted off the island, as a DHS rope drop is a must, and nothing seems to fit well in the am of the 26th. I'm leaning towards going to MNSSHP on the 25th. At present, the big ifs are a)do I want to do a tour, b)will I want to do any F&W events in addition to the booths, and c)what character breakfast/meal do I want to do. I'm going to ponder this some more this weekend.
In other news, I put in my time off request for my Naples/Universal trip at work, and promptly got waylaid by a sinus infection** So I decided to shave a day off my trip (ironically, by doing that I can attend a training I've been wanting to do for a while). I was playing with the dates, and mom suggested I skip Naples, and just go to Orlando. This makes things much easier for me. I'm planning on inviting the godmother to come up for the day, or overnight if she likes while I'm there. I also have booked my hotel (no airfare yet, as it's not verified). First off, I must send a shout out to jcc061-she posted on the TFW thread about Universal having a special offer during the Superbowl. I got the free ticket, plus the site on the free ticket to book your hotel was light years cheaper than AAA or All Access Club rates. I'm presently booked at RPR, standard vew, for 7/30-8/4. Woohoo. Once my airfare is set, expect more Universal planning.
Also, we are going to NYC for the Mom's birthday, which starts the day my ADR window opens up. I'm hoping to e-mail my wanted ADR's to my TA.
*I'm sorry, I am. I know going to a job you hate is a luxury so many people don't have these days, but I'm very, very glad to have my new job.
**Has anyone else had sinus issues this season? I don't have allergies, but have had two infections this season severe enough that I had to miss work.

Yes, in that last picture Oscar is wearing my croc, and he did that himself. :confused:

"If I wear your shoes, that means you have to take me with you, right?" :laughing:

They both look as cute as ever! And that laser mouse sounds like a big hit! I might have to get one for Zoe - I know I'll have to put together an apology gift basket for leaving to go to WDW ... that might make a nice addition.

*I'm sorry, I am. I know going to a job you hate is a luxury so many people don't have these days, but I'm very, very glad to have my new job.
**Has anyone else had sinus issues this season? I don't have allergies, but have had two infections this season severe enough that I had to miss work.
1. YAY! Park Hours! I was glad to see them posted too, though our plans were basically set already. Between MNSSHP and our desire to hit F&W, there really wasn't any room for movement anyways. I don't know how I feel about short trips - this has been kind of stressful to plan while trying to fit everything in that all 3 of us want.

2. I don't blame you for laughing, good for you for finding something else!

w00t! w00t! Guess who's going to Universal Orlando at the end of this month! :cool1::cool1:
Of course, I can't book anything until tomorrow, but still-YAY!!!!!!

Hi Hedy!

I finally found your pre-trip report! Sounds like your plans are coming along nicely. Just wanted to mention that, if time permits, you should definitely try to see La Nouba. It's an awesome show! We've seen a bunch of Cirque shows and it's definitely our favorite. We're seen it 3 times now, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again sometime.

Sounds like you have some great restaurant choices. I'm also looking forward to Cat Cora's place opening... I'm bummed it won't be open yet where we're there in August... so I'm looking forward to hearing about it if you do eat there.

Love the pics of the cats! Especially the one with Oscar wearing your shoe :rotfl:

For the sake of you Universal Haters*, all Universal related posts will be in Seuss Green, as I'm too lazy to start a different [P]TR. Things are official. I'm booked at RPR. I got a buy 3, get two free deal through the superbowl**. Um, I think. Read on. I'm leaving after work on the 30th (as due to the 3/2 deal it was cheaper to stay at RPR for five nights than 4. I don't get it either.) I'm planning on hitting the parks, and also hitting the outlets and a few offsite restaurants (Prime for Vicky's secret and the Disney Outlet, Lake Buena Vista for HRC outlet).
I had been thinking of renting a car, but the rates are crazy high-I'm bidding on Priceline. However, the cost of a potential rental car PLUS the $15 it costs to park at RPR, it is cheaper to take the occasional cab, as well as Mears it to the Hotel.
So the Naples/RSW part of the trip has been scrapped, so therefore I am inviting the godmother down to visit for a day-I think she'll come. Therefore I may be rebooking my hotel to add her to my hotel ressie for FOTL (insert blathering her about fuzzy mathing other UO hotels).
I'm also working on food plans-I think I'm trying Tchoup Choup, but beyond that I'm not sure (UO stinks for veggie options). Also, will someone please tell me why I threw out my Universal refillable mug,, but have one from SIX Flags I got 4 years ago. :confused::confused:

*But really, Universal isn't evil. Seriously. Are there things there that made me miss WDW (even stupid things like how there's normal candy in the dump shop), sure! OTOH, WDW didn't send me a free ticket.
**For some reason, the mother and the godmother) find it funny I got the Super Bowl ticket, as I barely follow football (other than the usual Go Pats!). Honestly, I was watching the commercials with more interest as Janet had said Universal was announcing a big deal. Mom apparently does not remember me readying the first round of Superbowl food, seeing the ad, then quickly heading downstairs to sign up.

So happy you get yet another fun trip to plan! :woohoo:

(I'm not exactly a Universal hater... I just have no interest in going there!)

Kathy

My hair's naturally auburn-I'm planning on using it as it, with some flat iron/curling iron fun, but may add extensions if I can find some cheaply enough (my hair's arm pit length on a humid day)

Do you have a Sally's Beauty supply near you? I know right around late Sept. they put out these really cute clip in extensions in bright colors. And they sell them 2 for 1. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter