A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five." DR LINK!

Chapter 18- Captain's Grille!

July 17th, 2012

This morning we woke up at about 7:30 and got ready. Then we walked over to the Yacht Club for breakfast. I loved that we could just do that.

img46902.jpg

img46922w.jpg

img4693g.jpg

img31322.jpg

^^Awkward walking along the Boardwalk shot.

img46952.jpg

img46962.jpg

A little better on the bridge:
img31332.jpg

Our lovely home behind us at the Yacht Club:
img31342v.jpg

We arrived!

img46982.jpg

img47002t.jpg

Now this is where I become really torn. You all know that I am in LOVE with the Boardwalk AND the Yacht Club. I was trying to decide which I like better, and I honestly had no idea. I think the Boardwalk might have a little bit of an edge for me, but AHH they're just so perfect.

img47022.jpg

img47032.jpg

img47042.jpg

It was a perfect sunny day!

img47052.jpg

img47062.jpg

We headed inside and I was just overcome with happiness at the wonderful smell. HOME.

img47072.jpg

I'm really happy.

img47092.jpg

We checked in for our breakfast at Captain's Grille and only waited a couple minutes. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant with the lovely light fixtures.

img4718g.jpg

All of us decided to get the buffet, except for Sharon. She had an omlette, I believe.

Here are my various plates at the buffet. Excuse the quality, but I left my camera in the room because it hadn't charged the night before.

The important thing is that there were MICKEY WAFFLES. And fruit. And those glorious chocolate croissants. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

First plate:
img47242.jpg

Close-up on the Mickey Waffle. YUM YUM YUM:
img47232.jpg

Al's plate:
img47252.jpg

Second plate:
img47282.jpg

Everything was SO good. I definitely recommend Captain's Grille if you want a great Disney breakfast without the character craziness. It's definitely MUCH more quiet and it's great for a quick breakfast if you want to head to the parks, which was exactly what we wanted to do!

After breakfast, Al and I pin traded at the pin book at Concierge and then we walked back to the Boardwalk. We grabbed our stuff, headed out to the car, and were on our way!

img4730gp.jpg

^^Waterproof camera and waterproof holder for our room key and passes.

Can you guess where we were headed?

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 19- Look at all those Lazy People in the Lazy Rivaaa...

July 17th, 2012

If you're a die-hard Stacey fan like me, you could guess from the title that we were off to TYPHOON LAGOON!!! Woohoo!

Allie's family all had Premium Annual Passes, so water parks were included for them on those. At the time, I just had a regular one, but they were nice enough to give me an old water park ticket they had with no expiration! YAYY!!!

I hadn't been to Typhoon Lagoon in about 7 years, so I was REALLY excited!

We entered the park, got 2 lockers and parted ways. Sharon and Timmy headed for the lazy river, but all and I had bigger plans...

img003rj.jpg

img004jg.jpg

THE SURF POOL!

If you ever watched the Top 7 Stacey, you'll know that this is one of the largest inland wave pools in existence. It is SO FUN! We would stay back and jump the waves, and then head in and just let them take us under. It was so much fun!!

img010az.jpg

img009qf.jpg

After a while we decided to head to some other attractions. We started with Crush n' Gusher!

Carrying our tube up to the top!

img022jj.jpg

We rode the banana side and it was so fun! I loooove that ride!

Next we went to Humunga Kowabunga! If you read that in Stacey's voice, I commend you.

img021po.jpg

WOOT! This ride gave us an EPIC WEDGIE. Woah.

Next up were the Storm Slides, because Stacey told me I better hit them! Those were so fun as well!

After that we did Keelhaul Falls, which was where the "Suck it up, Buttercup" phrase originated, for those of you who have read my earlier TR's. A little girl behind us in line was scared of how fast the ride would go, so they ended up getting out of line. Ah well. After Keelhaul Falls we went back to the Surf Pool! WOOT!

img019hq.jpg

img020ws.jpg

SUNSHINE AND EMBARRASSMENT:
img024yh.jpg

Dear God that's so embarrassing. Ah well. FRUMP LIFE.

img027f.jpg

Allie always looks scared...
img026gx.jpg

Merp.

Underwater!!!

img017a.jpg

img016xc.jpg

FART SHOES.

Water park deer:
img015v.jpg

At one point, these guys were surreptitiously flirting with us. They were following us around and staring at us and accidentally-on-purpose splashing us. OH. Frumps. We got a snipe with them in the background:
img005ah.jpg

LOL.

YAY WAVE POOL!
img007aw.jpg

We kept going out further and further, and then we came back to the shallow end, it was just as dangerous. We fell a LOT.

img012ha.jpg

img013hq.jpg

img014wk.jpg

Fail.

EVERYBODY'S A FRUMP IN THE WAVE POOL.

LOLOL.

After a really long time in the wave pool, we decided that it was snacktime!

Allie had been talking about the fresh made donuts and chocolate sauce all day, so we went to get some!

img4733ta.jpg

We got six of them and a water to share, and found a bench to sit and enjoy them.

img47352.jpg

img47382.jpg

YUM. They were SO good. So flavorful and delicious with the chocolate sauce. We were happy frumpers. They accidentally gave us 9 though, which was a little weird, but we weren't complaining!

img4736fk.jpg

img47372.jpg

We went in Singapore Sal's after that, where I bought another Mickey dress in addition to the one that Allie and I wore the previous day. Then we walked around for a bit, met up with the Units, and headed back to the Boardwalk!

Oh, and before I forget, one final thought about the water parks and tour groups. Al and I noticed that the Brazilians have trouble covering certain parts of their body that nobody wants to see, even at a water park. It was rather annoying. So one more reason to resent them! Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Awww aren't you nice updating while I'm eating lunch at work. Lunch is always better with something entertaining to read. :thumbsup2

My last trip was my first time seeing the Boardwalk and all those resorts. It was a must do and I'm so glad I at least got to walk it and see everything including one of the DVC units on open house. It really is beautiful. Ahhh maybe someday I'll get to stay there. :goodvibes

Chapter 20- Boardwalkings and Ambushes

July 17th, 2012

Once we got back to the Boardwalk, we changed because Al and I wanted to head down to get lunch.

I wore my Boardwalk shirt. How appropriate.

dsc08683o.jpg

We went down to the Boardwalk and headed straight for the pizza window by Kouzzina!

dsc08686.jpg

We got a slice each and enjoyed it at an outdoor table with a lovely view.

dsc08690p.jpg

img4740ly.jpg

PIZZA SPAM:
dsc08687y.jpg

Pepperoni for me:
dsc086892.jpg

Cheese for Al:
dsc08688q.jpg

YUM. I'm officially obsessed with Boardwalk pizza. It's perfect.

After lunch, we were craving some ice cream, so we headed over to Seashore Sweets.

dsc08698z.jpg

Did you know that they have COOKIE DOUGH SOFT SERVE. I was all over that. In a waffle cone please!

dsc087032.jpg

Please excuse my no makeup face. Ew.

A storm was approaching, so we headed upstairs and watched it roll in from the balcony off the lobby. Al even danced in the rain haha. We went up to the room, and the units had gone over to Downtown Disney. It turns out that they ended up having ice cream as well! Here's Sharon with her creation at Ghiradelli:
img3135vw.jpg
'

Eventually then ended up going over to EPCOT, which is where Allie and I were headed. We had separate dinner plans, so we really didn't see them much that evening. Here's Timmy enjoying an adult beverage in Canada:
img3136j.jpg

Al and I showered and caught up on our trip journals. I talked to Nat for a while on the phone too.

Once we were ready, we headed to EPCOT! We stopped at IG's Guest Relations to get birthday buttons for our dinner! Then we went into the World Traveler store, where Al got some Mickey earrings. I got a poncho because I left mine in the room and it was kinda raining. We walked along World Showcase and stopped in Morocco, where I made Allie braid my hair in that little outdoor-indoor store by the Mo-Rockin' stage. She's a gem. After that we headed to Japan and went in Mitsukoshi. Allie got a Mario Pez dispenser for Ben, who is a huge video game nerd. He loves Japan.

After that we went to America, where Allie traded for a Chippy 2012 pin. While we were there, my one thumb nail was breaking and I just had to rip it, which was REALLY FREAKING PAINFUL. Allie was very calm and helpful though, and even supplied me with a Band-Aid. What a dynamite gal.

We stopped in Italy, where a nice guy offered to take our picture! Thanks dude!

dsc087052.jpg

We walked all the way to Mexico, because we really wanted to meet Donald in his Mexican garb. However, he wasn't out because of the rain. Sadness.

dsc08706ce.jpg

dsc087072.jpg

Al with her favorite ride sign! She's even wearing her shirt.

dsc08709nh.jpg

We'll ride that later, I promise.

Now if you all remember Vickie from the past trips, I should tell you that she was in Disney when Allie and I were! I was texting her to find out where she was, and it turns out that she was in Innoventions over by Mouse Gear.

We told her we'd see her later, but really we went over to Innoventions, where we went in and saw her with her back to us. I nearly ran over her sister, Christy, in my attempt to get to her before she turned around and saw us. We ran up to her and she was so excited! We chatted for a few minutes, but we had a dinner ADR to get to, so we couldn't stay long. We told her we'd see her later or something and headed for the Land, where we saw this guy outside:
dsc08710r.jpg

Oooookay.

We headed inside and went to check in for our Garden Grill reservation! Allie and I were doing this meal solo to celebrate our birthdays and our Chippy-ship!

We went into the bathroom, where we put in our Chip and Dale bows. Here's my Chip bow with the Donald bow that was previously in my hair and will make another appearance later.

dsc08712b.jpg

Chip in my hair:
dsc087162.jpg

Dale in Allie's:
dsc08717f.jpg

YAY Chippys!
dsc087182.jpg

Birthday buttons!
dsc087192.jpg

Yes, I am texting Jess in that picture, and yes, that is my poor Band-Aided finger.

We waited about 10 minutes once we were checked in, and were led to a lovely booth on the first floor. Score!

Our waitresses' name was Stacey, and she was so nice, but someone came by to visit before we could dig in!

Who could it be?

Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Awww aren't you nice updating while I'm eating lunch at work. Lunch is always better with something entertaining to read. :thumbsup2

My last trip was my first time seeing the Boardwalk and all those resorts. It was a must do and I'm so glad I at least got to walk it and see everything including one of the DVC units on open house. It really is beautiful. Ahhh maybe someday I'll get to stay there. :goodvibes

Hahaha I'm so glad you're enjoying it. What excellent timing.

I hope you do! They're so amazing.​

Chapter 21- "Dale Proposed to Kristen, but He said He's Gonna Call Me." "What a Player."

July 17th, 2012

Dale was the first character to come by! He was so flirty! He proposed to me, but then he told Allie he'd call her. What a player!

dsc087232.jpg

Ah well. We love him anyway.

dsc08724l.jpg

^^That picture kills me. What frumps.

OM NOM NOM.

dsc08725wi.jpg

dsc087272.jpg

After Dale left, we got to eat some food!

Mickey plates:
dsc08728u.jpg

Happy child:
dsc08731f.jpg

THE BREAD OHHHH THE BREAD:
dsc08733l.jpg

The bread and butter at Garden Grill are SO GOOD. We're obsessed. At one point, Al and I were both like, "Well, at least we have butter" at the SAME TIME. We're the same.

BREAD LOVE:
dsc08736p.jpg

Or duck face...I mean same thing.

We also enjoyed the delicious salad:
dsc08734j.jpg

We were also brought the platter of delicious foods. Fish, turkey, beef, mashed potatoes...all delicious!

dsc08738e.jpg

YUM.

dsc08739y.jpg

YUM.

dsc08740wz.jpg

Aaaand YUM.

dsc08741x.jpg

We ate a little and then Chip came by! We love him.

dsc08742x.jpg

dsc087432.jpg

dsc087442.jpg

Signin the book...
dsc08746vo.jpg

Pluto was next! He was adorable.

dsc08747af.jpg

dsc087482.jpg

Mickey came by after him! He was so cute.

dsc08752h.jpg

dsc08755aa.jpg

I love my Mickey. <3

dsc087512.jpg

Al realized that she hadn't got Dale's autograph, so Staci made sure he came back over, waving suggestively. HAHA Dale was still so flirty with us. HE was so happy to see us again!

dsc08756h.jpg

Dale with his girls:
dsc087572.jpg

dsc087592.jpg

WHAT A CUTIE.

Up next- Dale gets a hold on the camera and Grand Theft Bread ensues.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 22- Grand Theft Bread

July 17th, 2012

Dale then took my camera and proceeded to take pictures. Ladies and gentlemen, this is DALE CAM:
dsc08760a.jpg

dsc08761d.jpg

Once he left, we decided that we should take the bread before Staci came and took it away. Here's Al, smuggling the bread into her bag:
dsc08763j.jpg

Grand Theft Bread.

Also, if you haven't seen Jenna Marbles' "Landshark" video, go YouTube it, unless you're opposed to profanity. Then don't.

Basically, I took the opportunity to Landshark IN The Land.

dsc087662.jpg

Allie with her Cherry Mickey pin that Joni gave her:
img4754w.jpg

Pretty soon our waitress came out with the birthday cake we had ordered, as opposed to the typical Garden Grill dessert. We had NO idea that the cake would be that big!! We were only two people!

dsc08770q.jpg

Make a wish!

dsc08767t.jpg

dsc087682.jpg

We barely made a dent in the thing, and I felt really bad about it. It was really good, but it was SO huge!

At one point, when we had rotated to the front of the restaurant and the Units came by to say hello! They took our picture at our booth. :-)

img31392.jpg

We said goodbye, paid, and headed out into Future World!

dsc08781p.jpg

We headed into Mouse Gear for no explicable reason and EPIC PIN TRADING ENSUED. I got these beauties:
img4756q.jpg

Then we headed to Mexico to visit our Caballero friends!

Al with all her Mexican garb:
dsc08784a.jpg

"We're three caballeros..."

dsc08797x.jpg

After that we went to China so I could send Joni a picture of the perfume that her mom had wanted. Then we walked to America and got some snacks to enjoy while we watched Illuminations.

WHY DO WE NEVER STOP EATING. I just don't even know.

We got an American Dream and some classic Disney popcorn. They were delish!

dsc08802z.jpg

dsc08803q.jpg

Pretty soon, Illuminations was starting!

dsc08815w.jpg

We were too lazy to even stand up, so we just watched while sitting on the ground.

dsc08818k.jpg

We sang along and felt all the Disney feels, and then walked around Italy and Germany after. Then we headed to China and had to wait for the bridge to lower. No matter though, I got to enjoy my favorite Disney music EVER (Oh Meyla Weyla) while we waited. AHHH I just love it so much.

After that we went to China and saw some friends! Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 23- "We're the Only Americans in Here..."

July 17th, 2012

Of course we had to visit Norman! I actually ended up buying him! YAY Norman is in the family now!

dsc088342.jpg

So classy.

dsc08836g.jpg

We came across the most GORGEOUS CM ever in Norway. His name was Frederick. SO ATTRACTIVE.

We headed into Future World. It's so beautiful at night. <3

img4765g.jpg

img4766rf.jpg

We decided that we just HAD to meet Donald somehow. After all, I was all decked out in Donald garb! So we headed over to the EPCOT character spot. The wait was about 25 minutes but we didn't really care.

Mickey was first up! How classy he looked.

dsc088372.jpg

Dapper.

Pluto was next, also for the second time that evening! We love him!

dsc088392.jpg

Minnie was new to us this evening. She was super cute as always!

dsc088402.jpg

Next up was Donald, YAY! I showed him my shirt and my bow and he was just really excited that we were such big fans.

dsc088412.jpg

dsc088422.jpg

YAY Donald Duck! (#1)

dsc088432.jpg

Goofy was last, but not least! He's actually my favorite Fab Five character.

dsc088442.jpg

While we were in the character spot, they played "Miracles Happen" from The Princess Diaries, which is totally my jam. I was excited. We danced around.

Next up, Al was in the mood for some Mission: SPACE so we headed there and joined the Green Team!

img4782e.jpg

Being on Mars really made us want some fries (WE NEVER STOP EATING) so we headed over to the Electric Umbrella!

img4783vn.jpg

The conversation went like this:

Al: I want fries...but I want ice cream...

Me: You can have BOTH.

Al: You're right!

We went inside and it was TOUR GROUP ARMAGEDDON. Seriously. They were EVERYWHERE. I'm almost positive that we were the only English-speaking people in there. It was so bad that the CM started talking in Portuguese when she began to take our order. We got some fries to share and headed outside to eat and watch the fountain, FAR AWAY from the tour groups.

img4786uz.jpg

Fries in the red light, y'all.

And as if those weren't enough, Al wanted a Mickey bar, and I was kind of craving a frozen banana, and hey look! An ice cream cart in Future World is still open. How opportune.

img4791i.jpg

MICKEY BAR! Love.

img4794k.jpg

My frozen banana was quite delicious as well.

img4792eo.jpg

And yes, some inappropriate jokes were made. We were TIRED.

We derped back to World Showcase while eating our snacks. We walked back to the Boardwalk and it was time to CRASH.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 24- TOUR GROUP TAKEOVER.

July 18th, 2012

This morning we slept in a little bit, and then Al and I went down to the Boardwalk to get some breakfast.

A chocolate croissant for Al:
dsc088462.jpg

And a blueberry Mickey muffin for me:
dsc088472.jpg

dsc08848q.jpg

YUM YUM YUM. I'm obsessed with those things.

After breakfast we went up to the bus stop and the two of us headed to Blizzard Beach!

dsc08849ag.jpg

dsc08853u.jpg

Let the memories begin! Oh they shall...

dsc08854e.jpg

We headed into the Beach Haus to rent a locker and get towels.

dsc08855e.jpg

Then we headed over to the ski lift! Already, it was TOUR GROUP MADNESS. They were EVERYWHERE. Al and I got split up on the ski lift, and we each rode with two other tour groupies. It was SO ANNOYING.

Once we got to the top, we got right in line for Summit Plummet. The line was like 98% tour groups. Not even kidding. They were so obnoxious. We were in line with them for an HOUR. They were chanting and being annoying and not wearing bathing suits that covered them sufficiently and ugh.

When we got up near the top, the two girls behind us decided that they should cut us in line, so Al and I devised a blockade system so they couldn't get around us. Also, when we were high enough up to see all of WDW (which was actually REALLY cool), we noticed that there were about 10 GIANT tour group buses in the parking lot, and not a whole lot of cars. They were definitely the majority that day. It was SO IRRITATING.

The ride itself was REALLY fun!! I had only ever been on it once, but it is such a thrill!

"141 feet above the deck of Blizzard Beach is a little ditty we like to call 'Summit Plummet.' It's just you, and what's left of your bathing suit, doing 55 miles per hour, straight down the chute brotha. Let's get it onnnn. Mhmmmm."

LOVE HER.

Note: I found that the hardest part about the ride was getting up afterward, whilst trying to discreetly fix your wedgie. So fart shoes.

After that we were SO annoyed with the tour groups everywhere that we just decided to leave. Yep, we did ONE ride. That's how annoying it was.

We went back to the locker and this happened:
dsc088572.jpg

Frump life.

dsc08858l.jpg

Tour group annoyance:
dsc088592.jpg

Tour group ANGST:
dsc08860j.jpg

dsc088612.jpg

More angst!

img48062.jpg

We returned our towels and went to catch the bus back to Boardwalk. When it stopped at the Dolphin we decided to just get off there and walk back.

I'd never been inside the Dolphin, and it's actually REALLY cool. It feels very businessy though, and it just doesn't have much of a Disney feel. If I had to though, I really wouldn't be opposed to staying there. The location is ideal.

dsc08874h.jpg

dsc08878y.jpg

dsc08880z.jpg

The outside is actually REALLY cool. The fountains and architecture are awesome.

dsc08882bs.jpg

dsc08884w.jpg

dsc08890qg.jpg

Ahhh home sweet home:
dsc08894e.jpg

dsc08896h.jpg

Mickey carpet!

dsc08908d.jpg

We got back to the room, took showers and then headed down to the bus stop!

dsc089132.jpg

Where are we off to next? Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 25- Hunger, Home, and Happiness

July 18th, 2012

Pretty soon, we arrived at Downtown Disney! We headed right to Design-A-Tee, because we really wanted to make some shirts!

dsc08916c.jpg

dsc08917qn.jpg

They turned out really cute, and we got a receipt to come back later to pick them up.

Then we went to my favorite CS in all of Disney, Wolfgang Puck Express, to grab some lunch!

dsc08927jb.jpg

SO excited about the food. We were sooo hungry.

Al got the mac and cheese and LOVED it. I can't say that I blame her, it's amazing.

dsc08928a.jpg

dsc08929i.jpg

I got my personal favorite at WPE, the four cheese pesto pizza!

dsc08930i.jpg

dsc08931b.jpg

YUM. Why is it SO delicious. I'm pretty sure I ate the whole thing.

After lunch, we headed over to Mickey's Pantry, where Allie got some Mickey pasta for Annie, Ben's little sister. That's what she said she wanted haha. Also, a CM in there was telling us about beaches to go to around here, and that we should really go to them. It seemed weird for a CM to be telling us to LEAVE Disney property, as the resort prides itself on being all-inclusive. We just didn't get it.

After that we went to pick up our shirts, then we went to the pin store and then Goofy's, where we each got a Mickey cake pop!

dsc08949d.jpg

Allie's:
dsc08950j.jpg

Mine:
dsc08951gt.jpg

After that we went over to World of Disney, which was a shopping spree and a half.

dsc08933g.jpg

I was torn over which pillow pet to get, but I ended up not getting either. Good thing, to, because Allie gave me a Kermit one for Christmas. EPIC SCORE. :thumbsup2

After that we went into Tren-D, where I bought two shirts and maybe something else...I'm not sure. Just draining the college fund, you know.

Then we got free slushies outside Goofy's and went into the Christmas store. I LOVE how it smells in there. I just love it.

Then we went to World of Disney again so Allie could buy a baby Pegasus plush. She was debating and decided to just go for it. She LOVES that thing.

After that we went back to Tren-D so we could get our GIANT bags send back to the Boardwalk. We filled out the sheet and then decided to walk over to Saratoga Springs to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom from there!

dsc08957i.jpg

Such a beautiful stroll.

dsc08961a.jpg

dsc08963r.jpg

We arrived in Congress Park and I just HAD to take a pic with my door from the trip with Jess in May.

dsc089652.jpg

There it is!

dsc08966y.jpg

We headed to the Congress Park bus stop, and I chatted on the phone with my mom for a bit while we waited for a bus.

dsc08969s.jpg

Pretty soon, we were on our way to Magic Kingdom!

Golden Oak on the way:
dsc08973z.jpg

So much curiosity.

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom and made our way up Main Street!

dsc08980w.jpg

dsc08981p.jpg

When we got to the Hub, Iowa Stubborn started playing! Al and I got really excited because we LOVE The Music Man and we were in it together!

dsc089882.jpg

dsc08990c.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 26- Hola Bonita!

July 18th, 2012

While we were in the Hub, we just had to say hello to our kindred statue friends!

dsc089912.jpg

Chippys!

dsc089942.jpg

As we were walking to Adventureland, we heard "Hola Bonita" and turned around to see that a couple guys were there. We just kept walking and they followed us all the way to Pirates. We just pretended not to notice them, until one tapped me on the arm and was like, "Hey, we've been trying to get your attention." We just said hello and goodbye and waved and went to Pirates.

How fart shoes.

However, we didn't want to get stuck in line with them, so we just ducked around to the store. Al was looking around for something to get her friend Ana and I was in another part of the dump shop when a CM named James showed up and starting hitting on me BIG TIME. What was with today!? He made some comment about me being old because of the vintage pin on my lanyard, and then admitted that that was lame and he just said it because he wanted to talk to me. Then he challenged me to a sword fight. Oookay. Right then Al showed up, she paid for her stuff and we said goodbye and left.

Then we headed to Liberty Square. We just had to take a picture with our AP scores by the Hall of Presidents, to commend our average intelligence.

dsc08999j.jpg

Actually, Al and I are pretty darn smart, we just happened to have a REALLY incompetent teacher. The fact that we got a 3 just blew our minds lol.

I didn't actually have mine with me, because they came in the mail the day before we left for Disney, when I was already at Allie's house, so I took a picture with hers.

dsc090002.jpg

dsc090012.jpg

We headed to Main Street, but not without stopping to take a Castle pic!

dsc09003tj.jpg

dsc090042.jpg

We headed to Tomorrowland, and I knew that Vickie and her family were in MK, so I texted her to ask where she was. As I was doing this, I wondered aloud where she was and we ran into her on the Tomorrowland bridge about 30 seconds later! How ironic. They wanted a picture of their whole family, so I took a picture of them with the Castle. They're so cute.

We chatted and Vickie told us that she was auditioning for American Idol at DHS in the morning. I told her to let me know what time her show was if she got in and we'd try to make it! Then they had to get to their ADR at Tony's so we parted ways and headed to meet up with the Units. Sharon wanted some Castle pics, of course!

img31532.jpg

I love that one and this one:
img31542.jpg

Best frands. <3

img31572.jpg

Family photo!

img31622.jpg

The Photopass guy told us to gesture to the Castle, and Al didn't really get it at first. It took a few pics where she looked confused before we got there LOL.

img31662.jpg

Soon it was time for our dinner at The Plaza!

dsc090062.jpg

I was excited as it was my first time eating there! YAY!

We were seated at a half booth against the back wall at the front of the restaurant, and there was a guy at the table right next to us that looked exactly like my Honors Chemistry teacher from last year. It was so weird! We love him though so it was totally okay.

Snipe!

dsc09015c.jpg

Sharon and I ordered milkshakes with our meals, which were so YUMMY.

dsc09012r.jpg

Allie ordered a side salad to start, and then got the vegetarian sandwich. YUM! I think I helped her with these a bit...

dsc09011e.jpg

dsc09024v.jpg

Sharon went the classic route and got a burger for her meal, which she loved!

dsc09018z.jpg

Timmy went with the meatloaf special plate thing, which he thought was really good. I'm pretty sure he gets it every time.

dsc09019g.jpg

For my meal, I got the turkey sandwich, which was really flavorful and fresh. I liked it a lot! And the fries were SOOO good.

dsc09021sl.jpg

We decided to bypass dessert, so we paid and headed back out onto Main Street!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 27- Carousels and Philharmagicalness!

July 18th, 2012

When we got outside, Dream Along with Mickey was ending!

dsc09025c.jpg

We walked around to Fantasyland.

dsc09029i.jpg

dsc09030g.jpg

Sharon wanted to take pictures of us on the carousel, so that's where we went!

img3173s.jpg

img31782.jpg

We're five.

Yes, I am singing along to myself in the next picture:
img31932v.jpg

img31942.jpg

Next up we decided to do Philharmagic! Allie said hello to her Caballero friends. :-)

dsc09038z.jpg

3-D glasses!

dsc09040dv.jpg

dsc09041so.jpg

Afterwards, we were walking out of the attraction and I sort of glanced to my right...and then I saw it.

dsc09043y.jpg

YEAH. THAT'S A THING.

I went into the super crowded mob store and waited in line for like 10 minutes to buy it. I felt bad about making Allie and the Units wait, but they didn't mind. It was so necessary. I also bought a Rapunzel pin for my sister.

After that we decided to head back to the Boardwalk to enjoy the nighttime atmosphere there, so to the monorail we went!

dsc090472.jpg

Don't worry, I stood clear of the doors.

We took the monorail to the Poly, where Ralph was parked.

Yes, his name was actually Ralph. It's in my trip journal. I just came across it.

We drove back to the Boardwalk, and enjoyed watching some of the street performers.

dsc09050t.jpg

We talked to our friend Ali and Allie's boyfriend, Ben, on the phone for a while, swapping phones and talking to the other. It was funny.

We got some glazed almonds to share and enjoyed them while we chatted.

dsc09055l.jpg

dsc09056k.jpg

After a while, we said our goodbyes and went up to bed.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 28- A Successful Freaking Morning if I Ever Saw One

July 19th, 2012

We woke up around 7:30 this morning, got ready, and headed down to the car.

Of course Sharon had to photograph this.

img31962.jpg

img31972.jpg

img31982.jpg

Whilst getting ready, Sharon had come bursting out of her room going "WE HAVE MADE A CRITICAL ERROR!" And of course Al and I freaked out, and then she proceeded to tell us that we were going to MK on an early EMH morning.

As crowded as we were sure it would be, we thought it was so funny that she was freaking out about it. So when we were outside, we had to fake gasp at her critical error.

img31992.jpg

It just looks like we're yawning. Ah well.

img32022.jpg

img32032l.jpg

We drove over to the Poly, checked into Kona, and were seated almost right away! I LOOOVE Kona's breakfast so I was REAL excited. Al had never been, but Sharon was telling us about how she and Timmy used to eat there every day on their honeymoon, as they had stayed at the Poly.

Lucky ducks.

OH WAIT.

I'M STAYING AT THE POLY TOO!!!!!!!!!

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY.

Anywho...group shot sans Sharon!

img32062.jpg

I had to have my Lilikoi juice, of course. The stuff is amahhhzing.

img4827i.jpg

Timmy went with the traditional breakfast, which he liked!

dsc09072e.jpg

Allie and Sharon both got the Tonga Toast, which they LOVED and proceeded to rave about for a while.

dsc09073o.jpg

I went with my Kona favorite, the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes!

dsc09078z.jpg

I even used some of the strawberry sauce that comes with the Tonga Toast on them. Sounds a little weird, tastes SO good.

dsc09075iq.jpg

dsc09079u.jpg

YUM.

We all enjoyed our breakfast, and then headed out to the monorail to MK.

We were so excited because the Avengerail pulled up for us!! Sharon told us we were being embarrassing. I literally get that ALL the time.

dsc09081q.jpg

I then proceeded to FREAK OUT because the Avengerail played the old monorail voice guy loop AND the loop from the Celebrate Today promotion. I was geeking out severely. Ah well.

Avengerail yay!

img49422.jpg

I dropped Allie's phone after that and it almost fell into the high voltage monorail tracks. HEART ATTACK MOMENT.

Phew.

img4941xo.jpg

Hello Magic Kingdom!

img32072.jpg

img32112.jpg

We went our separate ways, and Sharon ended up having a super cute meet-and-greet with the Fairy Godmother at one point. Look how precious:
img3215ei.jpg

They're adorable.

Al and I headed to Adventureland, where Peter Pan was meeting near the bridge! HOORAY! He's one of my favorites. I have such a huge crush on him.

img48342.jpg

Al told Peter she would like 2 autographs, so she could give one to Ben (who loves Peter also...man crush, you know) but he just wrote the number 2 on a page. How sassy. He eventually gave her two real ones. It was all so witty.

img48352.jpg

img48362.jpg

img48372.jpg

LOVE HIM.

img48382.jpg

img48392.jpg

We said goodbye to Peter and headed to Frontierland, where we got BTMRR Fastpasses. Then we went over to Fantasyland for a classic. What will it be?

Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 29- "Black Velvet if you Please..."

July 19th, 2012

We had to ride It's a Small World, of course! It had no wait and it's just a classic.

dsc09093l.jpg

dsc09095x.jpg

After that, we walked back to Frontierland to use our BTMRR FP's. On the way, Vickie called me to tell me that she had gotten into the 1:30 P.M. Idol show! YAY! We told her that we would head over soon!

We had a blast on Big Thunder, and then Al really wanted a smoothie from Auntie Gravity's before we left, so we headed over there next!

dsc09125ap.jpg

dsc09126c.jpg

YUM! We enjoyed them while we walked out of the park. On the way, we noticed that the noodle station was OPEN!!!

dsc09127j.jpg

If only we had time to stop...

We took the monorail over to the Contemporary and then went down to the bus stop, where we caught a bus to DHS!

Streetmosphere was out and about when we got there. I love them.

dsc09131i.jpg

dsc09132n.jpg

We headed straight for Idol, where we got to around to a special entrance with Vickie's family because she was in the show! We felt so elite. We got to sit in the VIP section and watch the rehearsal. There's Vickie on stage!

dsc09134v.jpg

Rehearsal spam!

dsc09136u.jpg

dsc09137i.jpg

dsc09139a.jpg

We also got to be on camera and on the big screen too! It was so cool!

The show started, and the first girl was named Allison and she was really young and just okay. I don't even remember what she sang. She wasn't nearly as good as Vick. Vickie was second and had a little promo video before she sang where she talked about her life and her sister was in it and it was SO cute. It was like a little trailer haha.

She sang "Black Velvet" by Alannah Myles. It was SO good! She was excellent. The judges only complaint was that Vick wasn't "sultry" enough when performing the song. Like DUH, it's a family show in Disney! She's not gonna start gettin' low all in front of the 5 year olds!

Vickie performing spam!

dsc09141c.jpg

dsc09142z.jpg

dsc09143l.jpg

dsc09144ai.jpg

dsc09145u.jpg

dsc09147xv.jpg

dsc09149h.jpg

The last guy's name was "V' and he's the guy who ended up winning. He was kinda old and sang some weird foreign song. I still thought Vickie was better and deserved to win. Ah well.

Afterward, we went outside with Vickie's family for a while. We chatted for a bit and finally got a picture of the three of us!

48707148053126529316113.jpg

We said goodbye to Vick and her family and headed out of the park.

dsc09155lm.jpg

It was soo hot out at this point. We took a Friendship boat to the Dolphin, but it was taking forever so we just got out to walk.

Well, I ran. Allie ran for a bit but I just flew. I took my shoes off and ran on the hot pavement all the way from the Dolphin to our villa. The ground was so hot that I couldn't stop or I'm pretty sure my feet would have melted off. Let me tell you, I'm usually not a running person, but I can go pretty darn fast to get to air conditioning.

img49392.jpg

Sweet relief.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 30- An Evening in EPCOT!

July 19th, 2012

Once we had regained functionality, we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the pool. We swam for a little bit and went down the clown slide. It was so fun! We're five.

Then we went over to the bakery for a little snack, which we took back to the room.

dsc09158j.jpg

Al had a Mocha cupcake, which she was OBSESSED with. It was REALLY good.

dsc09162h.jpg

dsc09169u.jpg

I had the cheesecake brownie, which was so huge but soo delicious!

dsc09164d.jpg

dsc09165c.jpg

Yum.

dsc09173pa.jpg

imagezne.jpg

I don't know when this happened, but it did:
img48452.jpg

The Units headed off to EPCOT, where they saw some ducks.

img3224bm.jpg

img3226nr.jpg

Well hello there!

img3227hu.jpg

EPCOT ducks are so photogenic. :-)

Al and I showered, got ready and then headed out too!

img3223d.jpg

Once we got to EPCOT, we got in line in Morocco to meet Jasmine and Aladdin. Allie really wanted to meet Marie too, so I held our spot in line while she went to France to meet Marie. It seems as though they had a nice time together.

dsc09176b.jpg

dsc09177d.jpg

dsc09178c.jpg

She came back and pretty soon it was our turn to meet Jasmine! Unfortunately Aladdin was not with her, but she was really good so it was okay!

dsc0918422.jpg

dsc0918822.jpg

We had a reservation at Le Cellier to get to, so we said goodbye to Jasmine and headed to Canada!

dsc09190g.jpg

We met up with The Units and were seated on the back right (aka Prince Edward Island) by Sheena. She brought us pretzel bread, which we all enjoyed with our cheddar cheese soup, which everybody got.

dsc09194n.jpg

Allie ordered the chicken for her meal, which she thought was really good! She's kind of a picky eater so this was a big deal haha.

dsc09200u.jpg

Sharon and Timmy each got the filet, and Sharon had a caesar salad as well.

dsc09203hs.jpg

dsc09202kj.jpg

Excellent choices.

I actually wasn't that hungry, so I ordered the side of lobster mac and cheese, which was really really good!

dsc09207n.jpg

I couldn't even finish it all though. I think I was hitting a food wall.

After dinner, we headed to Future World to take some Photopass pics and then Al and I walked around Mouse Gear and the Art of Disney. I texted my friend Mike (the one who works at DAK Guest Relations) to meet up. He was on his way over from DHS. We went to Mexico to meet up with him and just stood there chatting for the longest time.

Then we walked through World Showcase to Italy, where the Units had gotten spots on those stone benches by the one shop for Illuminations. We watched the fireworks all together and then geeked out about Oh Meyla Weyla while we all walked back to the Boardwalk. I had talked to him a bunch of times before, but this was the first chance we had to actually hang out and it was great! We totally geeked out about Disney the whole time. I love Disney friends!

Then Al and her parents wanted ice cream at Seashore Sweets, but I wasn't hungry, so I walked up to the lobby with Mike, where we said our goodbyes. He had parked at the Boardwalk so he headed out to his car, and I headed up to the villa. We had a great time!

Here we are the two of us frumps:
dsc0921022.jpg

His shirt is awesome. I hope I told him that haha.

I called Jess from the villa to talk, and all of a sudden an illness just HIT ME. It was so bizarre. Like we're talking and then I'm like, "Wow, I'm sick." I had a virus of some kind that made me have a stuffy nose, a sore throat and be REALLY intolerant of the heat, as that made it worse. (More on that comes tomorrow in the TR)

Soon, Allie and the Units came back and we all got ready for bed and went to sleep.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 31- Pawn Stars of Flirtation

July 20th, 2012

We woke up this morning, got ready, and walked to DHS by about 9 A.M. Just Timmy was with us this morning because Sharon wasn't feeling well.

dsc09228tw.jpg

Ahh my favorite park. So perfect.

We did the TSM mad dash, got Fastpasses and got in line. I took a picture of my DHS park map bow with the queue and Al's weird face. Hahaha.

dsc092312.jpg

Potato Head! (Read in Bo Peep's voice)

dsc092342.jpg

"I also like the orange one..." (Read in my voice)

dsc09235z.jpg

Dry Goods!?

dsc09236x.jpg

Ooookay.

I beat Al on TSM and then we headed to Rock n' Roller Coaster!

dsc09249r.jpg

dsc09250.jpg

We did single rider and Allie got put with a guy named Preston from a precious Hawaiian (non-obnoxious) performing arts tour group! She took a picture with him LOL. Apparently he had never heard of her name before!

img48542.jpg

YAY for nice and respectful tour groups!

Afterwards we went to Tower of Terror, and Sharon met up with us!

We wanted to turn around for the picture but the seat belts were too restrictive, so we just ducked. You can see our arms though!

dsc09245i.jpg

After that Al bought a ToT shirt in the gift shop. It was necessary.

dsc09251z.jpg

Then we went to Sweet Spells to get a little snack to tide us over until lunch. Allie had a chocolate cupcake and I had a chocolate covered pretzel. They were both really good! We sat on a bench by Starring Rolls and ate them.

dsc092522.jpg

dsc09254u.jpg

We had TSM FP's to use after that, and I beat Al again! Woot woot.

dsc09257bx.jpg

dsc09258q.jpg

We were going to go on Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but the next show was too close to lunch, so we decided to check out the character scene in the animation building.

dsc09260sx.jpg

Pooh was still in the meeting spot that is now for Ralph and Vaneloppe, so we hopped in line!

While we were in line, I was putting my hair up and blowing my nose and being all sick and gross, so I totally missed these two guys hitting on Al. The one told her he was single, but of course Allie isn't, so she pawned it off on me. Meanwhile, I'm in sick oblivion so I didn't even know what was going on. Luckily though, the guy seemed repulsed by me so he just backed off.

I'M SICK OKAY?

And gross. Whatever. You're a slimeball too, sir.

We went to say hello to Pooh, and when we told him that we were going to lunch next, he took our arms and tried to leave with us, but of course his character attendant made him stay. What a cutie.

dsc092642.jpg

dsc092652.jpg

We said goodbye to Pooh and went to meet up with Units for lunch at Mama Melrose!

dsc09273hx.jpg

Yum. I love Mama Melrose.

dsc09275s.jpg

^^Scott Weigner (aka Steve aka Aladdin) reppin!

We were told by the hostess that they were seating a large group so we'd have to wait a few, and when we found at that the "large group" was actually a TOUR GROUP, we asked to be seated as far away from them as possible.

LIKE WHEN DID TOUR GROUPS START EATING AT TS PLACES!?

NO ME GUSTA.

They probably had a Fantasmic package or something. Ah well.

Al ordered the calamari for her meal, which was delicious!

dsc09278g.jpg

Happy foodies:
img32652.jpg

It's a serving size for two on the apps menu, but is definitely big enough for one person's meal.

Allie's parents both got the Chicken Campanelle, which they really liked!

dsc09282x.jpg

I got the Margherita flatbread and the Caprese salad for my meal, which was perfect! Those are my favorite things to get at Mama Melrose.

dsc09283p.jpg

dsc09286b.jpg

After lunch, we went to Voyage and sat in the reject seats next to some guy who clearly did NOT want to be there. Then we walked around some of the stores and then we left the park.

dsc09292x.jpg

The walk back to the Boardwalk was SO FREAKING HOT. We changed into our bathing suits immediately once we got back and went to the pool.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 32- THE OVERHEATED MADNESS OF IT ALL

July 20th, 2012

Ahh the pool. Ahh sweet relief from the oppressive heat.

dsc09301h.jpg

I can see how the clown might freak some people out, but it really doesn't bother me.

We swam for a while, then went back up to the room to shower and get ready. Then it was off to EPCOT!

dsc09305ax.jpg

dsc09308h.jpg

We walked around to China because Allie really wanted to meet Mulan. However, by the time we got there it was SO hot that I just went into the House of Good Fortune and said I'd meet her after. Whatever virus I head was making the heat a million times worse and I just couldn't take it.

I talked to Jess while I was in there, and saw some tour group children making out, so I left. I headed to Germany where I pin traded and walked around the stores while still talking to Jess. At some point after that I met with Allie, pin traded in America, and death marched to Japan. Oh, here's Allie with Mulan by the way:

dsc09314x.jpg

She said it was worth the heat. GAH THE DANG HEAT.

We met up with the Units and checked in for our dinner ADR at Teppan Edo. We liked to call this day the DAY OF EPIC EATING, because we just never stopped haha.

We were seated and our chef and waitress were so precious! The whole experience was awesome and air conditioned, so I was a happy camper. I love Teppan Edo!

img3273bh.jpg

img3274jm.jpg

Ohhh lord my hair. What even.

Noodles, veggies and rice:
dsc09325.jpg

Add the shrimp:
dsc09330yk.jpg

Add the steak:
dsc09333v.jpg

I had the Asakusa! My personal favorite Teppan Edo dish. It was so yummy!

After dinner, we walked over to France to walk around. We hung around my favorite fountain. <3

dsc09337op.jpg

dsc093392.jpg

France! So beauteous.

dsc09343ks.jpg

Then we went to the U.K. where we met Mary Poppins! She was precious. I even recognized her character attendant. I've seen him with her multiple times.

We chatted with her about pins. It was quite adorable.

dsc093542.jpg

While we were in the U.K., we decided to see if we could meet Tigger. We had already seen Pooh earlier, but we really didn't mind seeing him again.

We went over to their meet and greet inside the back shop and there was a little girl right before us who didn't want her picture with them in it. While she was smiling at the camera, they moved in with her and she didn't even notice. It was so freaking cute.

We were next and so excited to see them!

dsc093552.jpg

YAY friends.

Canada was up next!

dsc09357na.jpg

There were obviously no characters for us to see there, but we found some furry friends to play with anyway.

dsc09358e.jpg

dsc093592.jpg

Just bear stuffs.

We headed to Future World and to the monorail. It was still SO hot out, and it was like 7-something at night! Crazy.

dsc09365ue.jpg

dsc09366qn.jpg

dsc09374p.jpg

We took the monorail to the TTC. How nice that we had the foresight to wear our shirts.

dsc09376.jpg

dsc09377o.jpg

Here's where the trouble begins.

We got to the TTC and everything was peachy. Then some CM starts directing all of us to the ferry boat (aka the slave ship) because the express monorail was down. UGH UGH UGH.

I hate the ferry because they pack everybody in like sardines. It was so cramped and I was very annoyed. I accidentally said some choice words in front of a little kid out of sheer frustration.

Oops.

Once we got moving, the slave ship wasn't that bad. There was a little bit of a breeze which was nice. However, there was this girl taking pictures of her friend looking at the water with her iPad, laughing about how stupid it was, and then continuing to do it the whole way to the Magic Kingdom. I was so irritated.

Once we got to MK, we went straight to the Emporium. My monorail shirt was super thick and it felt like it was choking me. I needed something more airy. I found a couple, tried them on, put on the one I wanted, paid for it, and then leaned awkwardly over the register so the CM could cut the tag off.

I'm so fart shoes.

Next we went to First Aid so I could find out what the heck was wrong with me. It turned out that I was severely dehydrated and also overheated, according to the nurse there. He took my temperature and gave me a PowerAde, which I drank down in less than a minute. It wasn't until then that I realized how thirsty I was. That whole thing, coupled with whatever virus I had was just the death of me. I felt awful.

But the show must go on, so we headed over to the Tomorrowland Terrace, got our wristbands, and joined the Units at the Wishes Dessert Party!

img3278l.jpg

img3280wf.jpg

We enjoyed watching MSEP and MM&Y, Timmy refilled my ice water like it was his job, and I started to feel better.

img3282f.jpg

Up next- dessert, fireworks, and recognition!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 33- "Are you Kristen?" "Yes." "Are you a Frump!?"

July 20th, 2012

Of course, once I was feeling better, Sharon decided that it was high time for a photo shoot with our Chippy ears!

img32842y.jpg

img32852.jpg

img32862.jpg

img32872.jpg

Side note: the summer version of Magic, Memories & You was AWESOME. There was Tangled, Ariel, Phineas & Ferb and Toy Story. It was PERFECT. I was dying.

While those photos were all happening, a woman came up to me and was all, "Are you Kristen?" When I said yes, she was all, "Are you a Frump!?" Why yes I am! It was Solana from here on the DIS! She was so nice! We chatted a bit about our resorts and Extra Magic Hours and such. She was so nice! It was great to meet you Solana!

Also, if you look closely at the first picture of this update, Solana is off to the right side of it! How funny! Her table ended up being right behind ours. Too funny.

We stocked up on desserts because Wishes was starting soon. Here's some of the loot:
dsc09380aa.jpg

dsc09384aj.jpg

Allie's favorite was the chocolate mousse in a cup, and mine was the chocolate covered strawberries. SO NOMS.

Wishes began and Sharon took some great pics!

WISHES SPAM:
img4877o.jpg

img4878k.jpg

img4884z.jpg

img4885y.jpg

img4887s.jpg

img4890lr.jpg

YAY YAY! It was so beautiful as always, and I really love watching it from over there. Such a refreshing view!

After the dessert party, Al and I were ready for some EMH! We headed right to Tomorrowland first and went on the Tomorrowland Speedway!

Allie let me drive, as she has her license and I don't and she's the one usually driving me around. I drove terribly on purpose and she was getting very frustrated. It was funny.

After that, Allie decided that she wanted fries.

YES. WE DID JUST EAT A BUFFET OF DESSERTS.

We didn't call that day the DAY OF EPIC EATING for nothin'.

So off we went to Cosmic Ray's, which was REALLY busy. The poor CP named Kelsey there was dyin'. We tried to cheer her up.

Our fries:
dsc09406i.jpg

What is wrong with us...ah well. They were goooood.

Next we did the Mad Tea Party, and then we headed to Splash Mountain. It was a walk-on!

The whole boat was so fun. They clapped and cheered along with the ride. It was great.

dsc09414s.jpg

So fabulous.

Allie is a HUGE Frump...
dsc09415l.jpg

We went on Pirates next, where a bunch of boats got backed up in the fire part, so we were all doing the wave for a solid five minutes. It was hilarious. Then we did the Magic Carpets to round out the night.

img4893w.jpg

img4895v.jpg

Goodnight Magic Kingdom!

We caught a bus back to the Boardwalk, which was the first stop for some reason. I was not mad. We headed up to the room, I took a shower and went to bed.

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter