A few questions about Disneyland

macntosh

Wonders if the Tag Fairy is still around?
I am going to Disneyland tomorrow and want to find out what VMK stuff I should be picking up.

What in-park quests are currently available?

Have the questions for HSM been confirmed?

What should I plan on doing while there?

I only have a day at the park before meetings and would like to get all the items I can and even talk a few people into trading things in for me.

the adventureland, fantasyland and frontierland quests are still available. the high school musical quest answers in the guide are correct cause those are the answers i used and nothing was wrong. i thinkthe 50th celebration quest was taken off the VMK site cause they ran out of cards. i had my sister go get some for me but the VMK cast member told her they ran out of cards and wasn't sure when they would get more in. haven't checked back recently. and the tomorrowland quest you can still do.

Disneyland: Pirates of the Caribbean, space mountain and indiana jones are a must :)

and make sure you have loads of fun tomorrow

I think that pretty much answers your questions above...

Soooo...Have a GREAT time! :teeth:

Edit: I like POTC, Splash Moutain, Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, I'm probably forgetting something. Get a fast pass for whichever ride you want to ride most first thing in the morning!

I see by your picture you have a cute little one. Definatly go to Fantasy land first thing. DO Dumbo early as the line later is awful. If you want a cute video of her one of you ride with her and one of you ride in the dumbo ahead of her. Its great to film that way. (Been there done that)

I went with my grand daughter recently and shes 4. She loved tea cups but hated Alice in Wonderland. We decided no more dark rides for her becase it scared her too much with the noise and dark.

Storybook canals are great. Its all minitures and some of the greatest pictures I ever took. You can also ride caseys train around the same area. Of course dont miss toon town and small world too with her. Get a fast pass for autopia and yes she can drive. You will do the petal left footed. Let me tell you its a great memory. Also Ranger spin is awesome for the kiddos.

Now for dad :-)
VMK central is near Buzz Light Year in front of innoventions. Get the quest cards there that you scratch off. DOnt forget to print off tomorrowland, HSM and I think the 50th one ended. If you have it bring it just in case. Dont foget the answers just in case you get stumped, :cool1:

I think the others answered a lot of big rides that are good. I love Disneyland and California Adventure. I get to go about every two months or so. Above all have fun!!

PS catch the parade and firworks. they are great

For completing any 3 in park quests you should be a prize pack and 2 fastpasses. You can choose from Space Mountain, Indy, Buzz, Autopia or Roger Rabbit. You can still get one more fastpass with your entry ticket. Although there is a time window on the fastpass they DO NOT expire. You can use one any time AFTER your return time. Make note of the time at the bottom of the fastpass that lets you know when you can get another fastpass.

For completing any 3 in park quests you should be a prize pack and 2 fastpasses. You can choose from Space Mountain, Indy, Buzz, Autopia or Roger Rabbit. You can still get one more fastpass with your entry ticket. Although there is a time window on the fastpass they DO NOT expire. You can use one any time AFTER your return time. Make note of the time at the bottom of the fastpass that lets you know when you can get another fastpass.

I have successfully used, more than once, the answers in the guide. Last week I was told that they were out of 50th quest cards, but that they might come in this week. So, you should have the 50th quest with you, just in case.
If you are going to California Adventure, be sure to stop by the Animation Studio and ask for the quest card for the Animation Desk.

I noticed the 50th quest link is back up on the VMK page, so hopefully that means they will have the cards again soon.

Anyway, have a great time at Disneyland, macntosh! :goodvibes I second the "Remember" fireworks which are amazing, especially in the hub. PotC, Haunted mansion (which has a few new changes), Splash, Buzz, etc. And, don't forget the stores that carry cards. Again, have a great trip! :yay:

In addition to the quest information above, there are also stores that you can go to and receive a vmk card with an item code.

1. Magic Shop on Main Street. Any purchase over $6 = Magic Mirror.

2. Astro Blasters store in Tomorrowland. Purchase any pin = Happiest Celebration On Earth Pin

3. Pooh Corner (Candy Store) in Critter Country. Any purchase = Retro Red Penny Press

4. Any hat store (except at Star Traders). Any purchase = gold ears
(Although, I have heard that they are out of these, similar situation to above information regarding 50th items.)

5. Star Traders in Tomorrowland. Any purchase = Mickey White t-shirt

Also, go into Innoventions to the VMK area. Use any of the machines there to create a Born in the Park Character. You will receive more rooms than when you create a character at home, a few additional items, be able to select clothes that are not offered at home, and black ears.

Have fun,
Disney Dreams / Jegrezo

They made a minimum purchase requirement at the Magic Shop for the
mirror? When did they do that? I bought a $3 coin trick last year to
get my mirror.

Interesting.

It is interesting that some are reporting that the 50th quest cards are back at DL. My wife and son are there right now, and told me that as of yesterday, they were being told that there is no 50th quest and they aren't sure when cards will be in.

Maybe they just came across a cast member who wasn't up-to-speed on things?

BriarRosie said:
They made a minimum purchase requirement at the Magic Shop for the
mirror? When did they do that? I bought a $3 coin trick last year to
get my mirror.

Interesting.

It is supposed to be a $6 purchase. However, some cast members are kind enough to give them out with any purchase.

Disney Dreams said:
It is supposed to be a $6 purchase. However, some cast members are kind enough to give them out with any purchase.
I've always bought the cheapest gag gift I could find. I've never heard of a minimum dollar amount either.

At the candy shop, just buy a single lollipop for a quarter or 50cents (can't remember).

4fosterkids said:
I've always bought the cheapest gag gift I could find. I've never heard of a minimum dollar amount either.

At the candy shop, just buy a single lollipop for a quarter or 50cents (can't remember).

I was about to say I didn't make a $6 purchase at the candy store to
get that card, but you beat me to it. ;) From what I can recall, I only
remember seeing a placard in the Magic Shop that there was a purchase
required to get the cards. That's why I'm surprised that some CM's won't
give a card for the mirror unless you make a $6 purchase.

Oh! Not sure if you have been to Disneyland...but forgot to mention Matterhorn...so you can see the original Yeti. :)

Well let me know how it goes! I am going at the end of July from Arizona. My and my 6 year are going to have a mad dash through the park!

macntosh said:
I am going to Disneyland tomorrow and want to find out what VMK stuff I should be picking up.

What in-park quests are currently available?

Have the questions for HSM been confirmed?

What should I plan on doing while there?

I only have a day at the park before meetings and would like to get all the items I can and even talk a few people into trading things in for me.

BriarRosie said:
I was about to say I didn't make a $6 purchase at the candy store to
get that card, but you beat me to it. ;) From what I can recall, I only
remember seeing a placard in the Magic Shop that there was a purchase
required to get the cards. That's why I'm surprised that some CM's won't
give a card for the mirror unless you make a $6 purchase.

I've never heard of the minimum either. I was there last weekend and got the magic mirror card with a $2 purchase with no mention of a minimum. :confused3 It's odd how each cast member has different information regarding vmk. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter