A few questions about Disneyland

You have to purchase a T-Shirt (Nothing else will do!) to get the VMK t- shirt card. As I refuse to buy a t-shirt I have never gotten a card, even though I have purchased plenty of other things from the little green men shop. Go figure! No one there that I have ever run into will give a card for anything other than buying a t-shirt.

Took the family to DL last night and got the following:
TL quest - rocket and stitch teleporter cards, no teleportation magic
50th quest - all cards
HSM quest - all cards
The castmember there told the people in front of me that all ticket holders have to be present to get cards with their ticket. That was a first for me. I had sent my kids and hubby to Big Thunder to retrieve his cell phone (which he had left on the ride), while I waited to get the cards. When I got up next I asked him about it and he asked who I was with and why they weren't with me now. I told him the phone story and he told me he was feeling generous and would do it for me "this time". Not sure if that was a new policy or just his reply.

went to DCA to get some Animator desks
The castmember there said he could not just "hand out cards". We had 3 options
Sing a song for him, Answer a trivia question or do a dance for him. Not sure if he was just bored because we have never been asked a thing before. We chose to answer trivia, which we got right and got cards. It was fun, but a little strange.

Just to be clear - the ONLY place I have ever been told there is a minimum purchase was at the Magic Shop. I certainly was not trying to start a debate - was just trying to help a fellow DISer.

As for the candy store, I think they give it to you just for walking WAY out there.

As for getting cards for quests, glad to hear they had the 50th cards again. Yay! That is a first for me in terms of all people needing to be present. Normally, they will give one set of cards for each pass that you have. Wonder if this is a new policy or a strict cast member. Interesting....

Macntosh,
Forgot to ask if you had a good time?
Crowds were down in my opinion. Pirates 20 min wait, Big Thunder 15 min and so on. Plenty of tables at restaurants at dinner time......unheard of!! And one gorgeous summer evening! Hope you had a ball.

o hope there is not too much of a crowd at the end of july as well, we got a one day community bus ride there. so my 6 year old boy and i going to do the dumbo do or die touring plan to get the parl all in one day, just got fit the vmk stuff in there!

Had a blast on Wednesday exept that pin trading here is a lot differant then WDW but it was fun none the less. Got a couple of the animator's desk. One person made me sing the other just asked if I wanted one. I did get the multi pack of quest cards for turning in four they said. One was a pdf from online. Only made one character, but bought a two day pass so I'm going back tomorrow and will make a few extras.

If someone wants a born in park drop me a pm with information. I will make the first two I get.

I did get into this cool gold coin pin thing they are doing as a tie in with Pirates, but that's another story. Well off to training enjoy your days.l

macntosh said:
One person made me sing the other just asked if I wanted one.

LOL! Wish I could have been there to hear that! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the update! Glad you had a wonderful time at DL and that you get to go back tomorrow! Now get back to work! :teeth:

It seems that the DL HS musical quest is different - the answers in the guide don't match the form I downloaded. Am I missing something? Sorry, new to VMK (I'll be creating my ID in the park next week yayy! :) ).

Hmmm... what if you sing really poorly? Will they give you extra cards to make you stop? :rotfl:

macntosh said:
Had a blast on Wednesday exept that pin trading here is a lot differant then WDW but it was fun none the less. Got a couple of the animator's desk. One person made me sing the other just asked if I wanted one. I did get the multi pack of quest cards for turning in four they said. One was a pdf from online. Only made one character, but bought a two day pass so I'm going back tomorrow and will make a few extras.

If someone wants a born in park drop me a pm with information. I will make the first two I get.

I did get into this cool gold coin pin thing they are doing as a tie in with Pirates, but that's another story. Well off to training enjoy your days.l

I would like to know about the "Cool COIN PIN" thing PLEASE!!! and thank you.

Disney has some pirate seach for the golden coing thing going on. So at the park they have a cart with about 35 chests. Within two of these chest's are Golden Coins. The set is 9 total so what you do is give two pins and choose two chests. If you get the right chest you get the special pin and a trader so you can do it again. I ended up getting the full set but had to trade for the last coin. The set features, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale, Huey Luey and Duey, The Castle and one more I can't think of now. It only lasts another two weeks I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter