A Daily Dose of Disney Drama! 5/02/13 PG 53 THE END

The new Fantasyland area looks so great! I can't wait to really be able to explore and try out the BOG restaurant! That strawberry looked amazing!!

We can't wait to see the New Fantasyland! Caitlin's all time favorite is Beauty and the Beast so she is super excited! My favorite is the Little Mermaid so I can't wait to see the ride!

Chocolate covered strawberries are my guilty favorite at Disney!

Is it just Soarin' and the circle rides that get your motion sickness going?
Can you do the simulators like Star Tours or Mission:Space and the "jerky" ones like Dinosaur?

As for the post, looks like a great morning!
It's so much nicer at opening before the crowds descend.
Peaceful, quiet, and happy - the way Disney World should be! :thumbsup2

Is it just Soarin' and the circle rides that get your motion sickness going?
Can you do the simulators like Star Tours or Mission:Space and the "jerky" ones like Dinosaur?

As for the post, looks like a great morning!
It's so much nicer at opening before the crowds descend.
Peaceful, quiet, and happy - the way Disney World should be! :thumbsup2

I can do Dinosaur and BTMRR without any issues. I have never tried Star Tours or Mission Space though.

I agree! I hate crowds so arriving at or near rope drop is always a must for us! :)

Just got caught up on everything!! Excited to hear what happens the next. Sorry to hear about Dale's health scare on the trip. stuff lime that cuts into any magical time to be had! :(

The church reception pictures look great! Very pretty dress, Caitlin!

Just got caught up on everything!! Excited to hear what happens the next. Sorry to hear about Dale's health scare on the trip. stuff lime that cuts into any magical time to be had! :(

The church reception pictures look great! Very pretty dress, Caitlin!

Glad you're all caught up :)
Thank you. It was scary but we consider it quite a blessing that he was fine :)
Thank you!

We can't wait to see the New Fantasyland! Caitlin's all time favorite is Beauty and the Beast so she is super excited! My favorite is the Little Mermaid so I can't wait to see the ride!

Chocolate covered strawberries are my guilty favorite at Disney!

I was at the park on Saturday morning and got to ride the Voyage of the Little Mermaid for this first time. I loved it! The wait was about 30 minutes, but gave me plenty of time to soak in all the little details.

I really think you will enjoy it :)

-jennifer

I was at the park on Saturday morning and got to ride the Voyage of the Little Mermaid for this first time. I loved it! The wait was about 30 minutes, but gave me plenty of time to soak in all the little details.

I really think you will enjoy it :)

-jennifer

Lucky you! I've been reading that the parks are pretty crowded right now so 30 minutes wasn't too bad. Thanks for sharing! We can't wait to see for ourselves :goodvibes

When we checked the phone it was a text from Caitlin saying she and my dad were headed to the airport. We assumed she must be feeling better and hoped all would be fine.

:sad2: Never assume. You know what they say, "Never assume, because it makes the Disboards censor the rest of the quote."

DSC00379.jpg

As you can tell from the picture it was a hot,humid and hazy morning.

And yet, for me.... That makes me think of cold. You see there's a place in Canada called Resolute and it's one of our most northerly communities (2nd farthest actually). The average yearly temperature there is 2 degrees F. (Thanks wiki.)

As you can see an adr wasn't really necessary as we had the place practically to ourselves.

But if you hadn't had an ADR, it would've been packed and Dale would've been annoyed with you for not making one.

So... there ya go.

We both enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere.

What did the atmosphere taste like?

We should have parked at the TTC but instead we were bad :worried: Instead of parking at the TTC we drove to the Contemporary and told the guard we were dining at The Wave.

And the entire financial structure at Disney came crashing down.

Sorry everybody. Disney's closed now. Blame Dawn.

She was bad.

(honestly, does that sight ever get old?!)

Short answer? No.

We were able to walk onto Peter Pan which is on my all time favorites list.

Peter Pan was a walk on?? Were you there for morning EE?

We then headed over to another classic attraction which we both love! Again we walked on!

This one I can see. Even though it's the best ride in all four parks.

Just sayin'

We were even able to grab a pic of the bride

DSC00388.jpg

Nice shot. :thumbsup2

After the educational cruise, we saw the backside of water!

I never use that term "backside" to refer to, umm.... assume you know what I mean... So it was years before I got what everyone thought was so funny about that.

Despite my limitations I decided to ride Dumbo with Dale since he said he had never ridden it.

Uh, oh.

It ended up being a stupid decision as I had a headache and felt dizzy afterward

ugh... I hate that feeling. Do not try MS orange!

I never understood why the one that spins is called orange and the non-spinning one is green. Shouldn't the spinning one be green? Since that's how you're going to feel afterwards?

When we passed the candy store we heard it calling our names so we felt obligated to step inside

Well... yeah.

Of course we couldn't leave empty handed! So Dale got a smore while I chose a strawberry. YUM!!

Good pick! But it looks like just about anything in there would be a good pick.

Up next...the Princess is finally at Disney!

Let the drama begin! Thanks for the chapter, Dawn! :goodvibes:

We then decided to try and head over to the New Fantasyland area and see how the plans were coming along. We caught this glimpse of Beast's castle.

DSC00402.jpg
\

I love this view! So pretty!

Breakfast looks amazing! I really want to eat at Olivia's in June and hope we have time to make it there.

You guys got a lot done in only a couple hours.

Yeah for a safe flight for Caitlin and her grandpa! Will she be doing the next update. I know she wasn't feeling well and I'm curious as to how all that turned out.

Denny and I will be eating at Be Our Guest in June! Looking forward to it.

+1

I can't wait to see it all in April. Seems like forever away.

I didn't realize you could walk from CR to MK. So many things to learn all the time. lol That's why I love TRs!!

That strawberry looked delicious.

:sad2: Never assume. You know what they say, "Never assume, because it makes the Disboards censor the rest of the quote."

:rotfl2:

And yet, for me.... That makes me think of cold. You see there's a place in Canada called Resolute and it's one of our most northerly communities (2nd farthest actually). The average yearly temperature there is 2 degrees F. (Thanks wiki.)
BRRR! And we think Michigan is cold! :rotfl:

But if you hadn't had an ADR, it would've been packed and Dale would've been annoyed with you for not making one.

So... there ya go.

Thank you for the reassurance :)

What did the atmosphere taste like?

Mmmmm yummy!
And the entire financial structure at Disney came crashing down.

Sorry everybody. Disney's closed now. Blame Dawn.

She was bad.

:sad1:

Short answer? No.

Peter Pan was a walk on?? Were you there for morning EE?
Nope just a slow fall morning. Ya gotta love low crowds!

This one I can see. Even though it's the best ride in all four parks.

Just sayin'

:thumbsup2

Nice shot. :thumbsup2

Thank you.

I never use that term "backside" to refer to, umm.... assume you know what I mean... So it was years before I got what everyone thought was so funny about that.

:lmao:

Uh, oh.

ugh... I hate that feeling. Do not try MS orange!

I never understood why the one that spins is called orange and the non-spinning one is green. Shouldn't the spinning one be green? Since that's how you're going to feel afterwards?
Good point!

Well... yeah.

Good pick! But it looks like just about anything in there would be a good pick.

Agreed!

Let the drama begin! Thanks for the chapter, Dawn! :goodvibes:

Oh it will :scared:

Thank you
Breakfast looks amazing! I really want to eat at Olivia's in June and hope we have time to make it there.

I think you'd really like it so I hope you can fit it in.

You guys got a lot done in only a couple hours.

I think everyone else was at Epcot for the opening of Food and Wine.

Yeah for a safe flight for Caitlin and her grandpa! Will she be doing the next update. I know she wasn't feeling well and I'm curious as to how all that turned out.
Yes the next update is Caitlin.
Denny and I will be eating at Be Our Guest in June! Looking forward to it.

I hope it lives up to all the hype. We are planning to try their counter service lunch and we have an adr for dinner.

+1

I can't wait to see it all in April. Seems like forever away.

We have until May so I understand how you feel. 100 days for us :)

I didn't realize you could walk from CR to MK. So many things to learn all the time. lol That's why I love TRs!!

Yes there is a sidewalk from CR to MK. It is maybe 10 minutes?

That strawberry looked delicious.

My Disney guilty pleasure! I will be having at least one in May :)

Last I left off Grandpa and I were waiting for Mom and Dad st SSR. When they showed up we all exchanged hugs and hopped in the car to head to the Wide World of Sports complex. Even though I wasn't participating in the Tower of Terror 10 Mile we were going to the party so we needed to pick up my race packet.

DSC00424.jpg

When we got there we headed to find Grandpa and I some lunch! We were both starving and were trying to find a place that was easily accessible.

Our entertainment during lunch was watching these two guys film their ESPN show.

DSC00425.jpg

My lunch was their veggie wrap

DSC00426.jpg

Fresh Vegetable Sandwich - Roasted mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash, red and green peppers, red onion, parmesan cheese, tomato, with aged balsamic vinaigrette, and avocado-garlic mayo served on pita bread $9

It was pretty good. I mean I wasn't eating much so I ate bits of this.

Grandpa had

DSC00427.jpg

New England Clam Chowder - tender clams and potatoes in a rich cream broth $3.49

He claims ESPN has the best clam chowder and after having it at two other places I am pretty sure he is the King of WDW chowder.

After we were done we waited a bit because the fourth member of our party had just arrived!!! Yep Andrew finally showed up to enjoy our vacation to! This was his first time to Disney so he was pretty excited and we wanted to make it memorable for him :thumbsup2

Once he had eaten, a hamburger with bacon :sick:, we headed to the actual expo.

DSC00428.jpg

We didnt end up buying anything and I really liked the Expedition Everest one better. On our way out we took one picture

DSC00429.jpg

Yeah another lacking in pictures update sorry. After we left we headed to Shades of Green to pick up the military tickets. The only issue we found with this was the four day tickets expired during our stay so we had to buy a one day ticket :confused: Keep this in mind if you are military and going at the end of September! We enjoyed looking around Shades of Green and saw a lot of it since we got lost going back to the car.

Once we were done there it was mine and Andrew's job to go to MK and get the tickets activated and meet everyone back at SSR. We got dropped off at the Poly and while heading to the Monorail I pointed out hidden Mickeys to Andrew. I was very upset we didn't have the camera because of course we got the Avengorail. We sat in the Hulk section and I proceeded to give Andrew the tour and explanation of all of the areas.

Once at the Magic Kingdom we got the tickets activated and let me tell you it was hard not to rush into the park! Luckily before we got done it started raining. It wasn't raining too bad so we walked slowly to the bus stops. About half way there a monsoon hit and Andrew and I ran laughing through the rain. It was quite cute :thumbsup2

We got off the bus at SSR and got lost going back to the room :headache: We actually had to have mom and dad come pick us up :lmao:

Once we were back at the room Mom, Dad and Grandpa headed out. Mom and Grandpa had a dinner at Cape May and Dad would be going to Hollywood Horror Nights with Andrew and I but Andrew and I needed to dry off first.

Our Walking Dead t shirts on and all dried off we hopped in the car to head to Universal....

Next up:
OH SHE'S PUKING!

Halloween Horror nights - you are brave! And I don't like the sound of that next update title...I hope that wasn't you Caitlin! :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter