A Daily Dose of Disney Drama! 5/02/13 PG 53 THE END

Well. I hope you get a chance to go again sometime in the future. That party does look really fun. I do like all that super scary stuff. Hmmm.....that gives me an idea. Maybe I'll try to talk Denny into heading over there next October. That would be a great way to get a Universal taste and get the beejesus scared out of me. :rotfl:

I am hoping to go in September when Andrew and I go for our one year anniversary :thumbsup2

I have heard great things about it and from all of the videos I watched it seems like an awesome experience!

I am hoping to go in September when Andrew and I go for our one year anniversary :thumbsup2

I have heard great things about it and from all of the videos I watched it seems like an awesome experience!

That sounds like an awesome plan. I think I'll check out the prices for October. I wonder if it runs past October 31st! Thanks for giving me the suggestion. I'm going to do some research on it.

That sounds like an awesome plan. I think I'll check out the prices for October. I wonder if it runs past October 31st! Thanks for giving me the suggestion. I'm going to do some research on it.

Great! I hope it fits into your plans!

I am so sorry to hear about how sick you were and that you missed HHN. :worried:

This is not a great start. But at least Andrew is there with you. In sickness and in health.

'Til Zombies Do You Part! :lmao:

Loving your trip report!!! I have been with my husband for 10 years now (feel like we need an award lol), so celebrating a 28 yr anniversary (I think that's what I saw on your dh's anniversary button?) is very awesome, congrats! I'm really happy to hear that he is okay health wise, but that was super scary. Hope your daughter is ok healthwise too, if I read correctly, the pain she was experiencing was a popped cyst? I have to say, before she wrote that, I was thinking "Baby on the way!":yay:

Also, love the bridal shower pic of your daughter, with her Beauty & the beast china, it is beautiful!! So nice that you were able to plan your daughter's shower for her! When I think back to my shower, while it turned out nice, it's sad to me that 2 of the "ladies" in my bridal party did not want to include my mom in the fun plannings of the shower, as I am her only daughter. Never could understand why someone would do that..:confused3 Anyhow, enough about my rant that was :offtopic: But just seeing that pic of you and your daughter at her shower, it was very sweet. Seems like you have a special bond with your daughter! I have that with both my mom and my daughter. I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

I am so sorry to hear about how sick you were and that you missed HHN. :worried:

This is not a great start. But at least Andrew is there with you. In sickness and in health.

'Til Zombies Do You Part! :lmao:

Yeah it was not a good night and I kick myself that I missed it!

Truth we definitely pushed the limits of that promise...

:thumbsup2

Loving your trip report!!! I have been with my husband for 10 years now (feel like we need an award lol), so celebrating a 28 yr anniversary (I think that's what I saw on your dh's anniversary button?) is very awesome, congrats! I'm really happy to hear that he is okay health wise, but that was super scary. Hope your daughter is ok healthwise too, if I read correctly, the pain she was experiencing was a popped cyst? I have to say, before she wrote that, I was thinking "Baby on the way!":yay:

Thank you :)
Yes we have been together 28 years and this year will be our 25th wedding anniversary.

Yes it was very scary and I am very grateful he's ok :)

Caitlin is fine too although she ended up dealing with cysts for another 2 months as it came back :sad2: No baby on the way, thankfully! I hope they wait a couple years as they are still young!

Also, love the bridal shower pic of your daughter, with her Beauty & the beast china, it is beautiful!! So nice that you were able to plan your daughter's shower for her! When I think back to my shower, while it turned out nice, it's sad to me that 2 of the "ladies" in my bridal party did not want to include my mom in the fun plannings of the shower, as I am her only daughter. Never could understand why someone would do that..:confused3 Anyhow, enough about my rant that was :offtopic: But just seeing that pic of you and your daughter at her shower, it was very sweet. Seems like you have a special bond with your daughter! I have that with both my mom and my daughter. I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

Thank you. In my family it is tradition for many generations back that the mom hosts the shower. I loved being able do it and although we kept everything small it was exactly what she wanted :)

We have a very close relationship which I feel blessed for!

Thanks! Glad to have you along!

Thank you. In my family it is tradition for many generations back that the mom hosts the shower. I loved being able do it and although we kept everything small it was exactly what she wanted :)

We have a very close relationship which I feel blessed for!

Thanks! Glad to have you along!

I think that is a wonderful tradition to have the mom host it! :goodvibes And keeping it smaller is nice. :) Well I look forward to hearing more about your trip.. Me and my family have one planned for Easter, and I am so excited!

I think that is a wonderful tradition to have the mom host it! :goodvibes And keeping it smaller is nice. :) Well I look forward to hearing more about your trip.. Me and my family have one planned for Easter, and I am so excited!

Thank you :)
Your trip will be here before you know it! How exciting :yay:

So last I left you we were on our way to Universal aka "THE DARK SIDE" :thumbsup2

Odd. When I read that, I automatically start humming the Star Wars "ominous" theme they play whenever Darth Vader walks in.

But Star Wars is Disney...

a conundrum

Once I had heard about the Walking Dead set up at Halloween Horror Nights I knew I needed to go! I am a huge fan of that show and I love zombies in general so I knew it would be awesome!

Never seen the show. And if I had a nickel for every time someone's asked me if I watched an episode... Well, okay, I'd only have a few dollars, but still, it's alot. I'm gonna have to download or rent I think.

That and Dexter. Only seen a few, wanna go back and start from the beginning.

Once we got there we automatically headed towards the walking dead house knowing it would be the one everyone wanted to see.

OMG! I can't wait to hear about it!

It was awesome!!!!

Cool!!! Now that I know you've gone and said so, I'm going to base all my future touring plans around it!

Luckily we didn't need to sacrifice Andrew to any zombies..because we would have...that is why you get married right?

yes.

trust me.

I know.

:sad2:

Or am I the only one that had you will be my zombie bait in case of an apocalypse in the commitment part? :rotfl: just kidding...

:laughing:

After that house we headed to the one I was most afraid of... The Silent Hill house.

Ooooh. Sounds awesome. Thank goodness you went so I can use your TR to completely plan out our next vacation. I'm so glad you posted this!!!

trust me it's like some psychiatric ward nightmare. It was pretty cool.

All right! With your endorsement I just booked airfare for the four of us!! Thank you so much!!!!

Next up was the one I knew wouldn't scare me :thumbsup2 Penn and Teller's radioactive Las Vegas

I love Penn and Teller! If you like it then I'm gonna book our entire vacation around Uni!

It was cute and cheesy which I basically loved! I especially loved the Wedding Chapel couple that's fused together!

Great! I just booked our hotels! We're staying at Uni and skipping Disney altogether!!!!!!

There was also a ton of streetmosphere people walking around which added to the ambiance of Horror Nights. Watching Andrew get chased by a chainsaw wielding crazy woman probably my favorite moment ever :thumbsup2

Oh, man! So excited to go now! Thanks for all the info. I never would've booked all these non-refundable tickets and hotel reservations without your endorsement!! I don't know how I can ever thank you enough!!!

Are you beginning to wonder what happened to the puking?

Ummm.. no. I just assumed you got better.

Are you curious as to why I mentioned that as up next?

Well now that you mention it. That is kinda odd...

Well dear readers none of that happened.

The puking? Oh, good.

Everything I typed a lie.

Well besides wanting to go to Halloween Horror Nights and using my future husband as zombie bait.

What?!?!?!!?!?

Oh, carp. What have I done???? It's all your fault!! How could you do this to me????

We were headed to leave when I began to feel sick. I asked if we could stop by the resort gift shop to get me something to drink with my tylenol. Well after I took it I began to feel even worse. We made it to the main gate and... I had to open up the car door and get sick. The "SHES PUKING" was from my sweet ever pleasant future husband Andrew.

Who, at this point, was seriously considering the whole "future husband" part of the moniker.

We ended up turning around and headed back to the room where I promptly got into pjs and lied down.

lied down? again?!?!?

Geez Caitlin, I didn't know you were such a liar. But if it helps...

I began having the chills again and didn't move from the bed the rest of the night.The rest of the night was spent with me sick while my dad and Andrew finally got to have some fun at DTD.

awwww.... poor Caitlin.

I forgive you for costing me thousands of dollars in non-refundable airline tix and hotel resos.

Around 6 I woke up and got sick again and crawled back into bed. Mom woke up and asked me if I was okay. I said yes but I get married in an hour....

oy. Now this is getting... I don't know what to say here. "interesting" doesn't sound quite right... "stressful"? "intense"?

Either way, I'm gonna stick around to see what happens next even if it costs me a few more bucks. :goodvibes

Odd. When I read that, I automatically start humming the Star Wars "ominous" theme they play whenever Darth Vader walks in.

But Star Wars is Disney...

a conundrum

Hmm well is there some Lord Voldemort song we can start humming now? I mean I don't think Uni deserves an awesome theme song like Darth Vader anyway :thumbsup2

Never seen the show. And if I had a nickel for every time someone's asked me if I watched an episode... Well, okay, I'd only have a few dollars, but still, it's alot. I'm gonna have to download or rent I think.

That and Dexter. Only seen a few, wanna go back and start from the beginning.

You need to watch it!! Netflix has the entire series.

OMG! I can't wait to hear about it!

Cool!!! Now that I know you've gone and said so, I'm going to base all my future touring plans around it!

Now we cue the ominous music..

yes.

trust me.

I know.

:sad2:

Ah you must be the zombie bait? You have two daughters and your wife...hmm I hope your daughters are fast runners :thumbsup2 That way they won't need to use you as bait for a long time :thumbsup2

:laughing:

Ooooh. Sounds awesome. Thank goodness you went so I can use your TR to completely plan out our next vacation. I'm so glad you posted this!!!

All right! With your endorsement I just booked airfare for the four of us!! Thank you so much!!!!

I love Penn and Teller! If you like it then I'm gonna book our entire vacation around Uni!

Great! I just booked our hotels! We're staying at Uni and skipping Disney altogether!!!!!!

I actually laughed out loud at this and my mom asked what I was laughing about and I said "oh that pkondz!"

Oh, man! So excited to go now! Thanks for all the info. I never would've booked all these non-refundable tickets and hotel reservations without your endorsement!! I don't know how I can ever thank you enough!!!

Ummm.. no. I just assumed you got better.

Well now that you mention it. That is kinda odd...

The puking? Oh, good.

What?!?!?!!?!?

Oh, carp. What have I done???? It's all your fault!! How could you do this to me????

I am sorry i led you astray..

Who, at this point, was seriously considering the whole "future husband" part of the moniker.

lied down? again?!?!?

Geez Caitlin, I didn't know you were such a liar. But if it helps...

yeah....

awwww.... poor Caitlin.

I forgive you for costing me thousands of dollars in non-refundable airline tix and hotel resos.

oy. Now this is getting... I don't know what to say here. "interesting" doesn't sound quite right... "stressful"? "intense"?

Either way, I'm gonna stick around to see what happens next even if it costs me a few more bucks. :goodvibes

It was a very rough night..I left out the part where I tried sleeping on the floor in the bathroom and next to it just so I could skip the walk back and forth :worried:

Ah you must be the zombie bait? You have two daughters and your wife...hmm I hope your daughters are fast runners That way they won't need to use you as bait for a long time

Honest? I think I could outrun them... and that's actually not good.

Know the joke about the bear hunter and his dog?

It was a very rough night..I left out the part where I tried sleeping on the floor in the bathroom and next to it just so I could skip the walk back and forth :worried:

ugh. I'm familiar with those kind of nights. Not fun.

Just caught up on your trip report and it sure is full of drama!! Glad everyone seems to be on the mend. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

Honest? I think I could outrun them... and that's actually not good.

Know the joke about the bear hunter and his dog?

:worried: nope I have never heard that joke.

ugh. I'm familiar with those kind of nights. Not fun.

Yeah it was rough but you would never know it from the pictures I am going to post of the next couple days :confused3

Just caught up on your trip report and it sure is full of drama!! Glad everyone seems to be on the mend. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

Thanks for reading!

Being sick is one thing, being sick at Disney is quite another! Too bad your missed the night you were so looking forward to! Hope it didn't last too long!

Been there, done that at Disney - not fun at all! Of course, I wasn't getting married the next morning...

Okay, now I'm hoping that the bad drama is behind you!

Sorry you were so sick Caitlin. Being sick while on vacation has to e awful.

It was horrible :(

Being sick is one thing, being sick at Disney is quite another! Too bad your missed the night you were so looking forward to! Hope it didn't last too long!

Yeah this trip I missed out on a lot...

Been there, done that at Disney - not fun at all! Of course, I wasn't getting married the next morning...

Okay, now I'm hoping that the bad drama is behind you!

It isn't and the drama isn't either...

What better day to post about a wedding than Valentine's day?! Finally the moment you all have been waiting so patiently for!

Last we left off I was getting sick....really sick...in the room. I was feeling horrible but as a true testament to how much I love Andrew I put that all aside to get married. I stayed in bed for a little while longer and let mom and grandpa get ready and finally got up and started to get myself together. I took my hourly dose of Tylenol and started on my hair and make up.

The original plan for our wedding was getting a pontoon boat from the Grand Floridian and having our wedding in the lake in front of the Magic Kingdom but with my stomach issues we weren't sure how my body would react to the waves and a moving boat. This morning we were scrambling for places to get married when we remembered that there was a little pavilion just around the corner from our room.

It was quiet and convenient so after a call to Andrew and dad we were all set to meet there. Well the boys came to the room first so there was no dramatic Bride entrance but seeing my future husband was pretty exciting. We were glowing from all of the excitement and headed to the pavilion.

There was a lone CM working in the garden area and I am pretty sure she knew what we were doing but just left us to it and the next time we saw someone wasn't until after we were married.

We took our places at the spur of the moment alter and my dad performed the ceremony.

It was gorgeous and very serene and quiet. The location couldn't have been more perfect and the early morning light was gorgeous.

Once the ceremony was done we realized the camera didn't have an sd card in it :crazy2::sad: So these are our staged ceremony pictures.

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

After my grandpa led us in prayer we had a photo shoot around the area.

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

Then we headed to breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

My dad said a toast to our marriage and I love the look on Andrew's face in this picture.

DSC00454.jpg

Andrew and I had bellinis so for a while I was feeling a lot better!

DSC00457.jpg

For breakfast dad had

DSC00458.jpg

Eggs Benedict - Two Poached Eggs on a Toasted English Muffin, Canadian Bacon, and Hollandaise Sauce served with Asparagus $10.99

I had

DSC00459.jpg

You are never too sick for a Mickey waffle!

Andrew had
DSC00460.jpg

Maple Vanilla French Toast - Challah Bread dipped in Maple and Vanilla flavored Batter with Bacon or Sausage $11.99

After our breakfast we had another photo shoot.

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

Then I started feeling sick again and decided to head back to the room.

I had a great wedding. I got to wear Toms and be comfortable rather than wearing a some huge dress and heels. Andrew and I chose to elope because of the family issues he was having and although this definitely didn't solve anything this wedding was more "us". It was with the people we loved in a place that I love and he fell in love with. We can always go visit where we got married and we made wonderful memories on this trip. I always wanted a wedding that was about me and the person I was with and the covenant we were making with God and this wedding included all of that. We really got to make our bond together rather than put on a show for others. Not saying all big weddings are like that but with the demands the family was making I felt more like I was trying to please them then do anything I wanted to do. I also was lucky to get both this wedding and a blessing at my church where I got to wear the big poofy dress and have my other family members be there so I truly got the best of both worlds. My dream since i was 12 was to be married in Disney and marrying Andrew in Disney made all my dreams come true.

Happy Valetine's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter