• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Daily Dose of Disney Drama! 5/02/13 PG 53 THE END

Hi Dawn!
Just catching up after a few weeks. WOW I hope Dale is feeling better - I was so shocked to read it was a heart attack. I was getting such a kick out of your pictures of him as he drank his margarita's. His smile kept getting bigger and bigger with each progressive drink, :rotfl: I'm so glad the inhaler seemed to work and hope he stays well.
I'm enjoying your TR and loved Dale's interaction with the man on the boat -too funny! Your "Toy" shirt is really cute.

Hi Dawn!
Just catching up after a few weeks. WOW I hope Dale is feeling better - I was so shocked to read it was a heart attack. I was getting such a kick out of your pictures of him as he drank his margarita's. His smile kept getting bigger and bigger with each progressive drink, :rotfl: I'm so glad the inhaler seemed to work and hope he stays well.
I'm enjoying your TR and loved Dale's interaction with the man on the boat -too funny! Your "Toy" shirt is really cute.

Hi!
Glad you're all caught up!
Thank you!
That sure was an interesting day!
Thank you! I got it at the Disney Outlet store before our trip :)

Hello my friend! Ok...so here I am reading your update and smiling from ear to ear as my buddy Dale is toasting me at our fav watering hole....and then BAM! The whole time I'm reading I'm thinking, who cares if he's mad, get help! That's exactly how my dad was when he had his heart attack and i found myself right back in 1996 when my dad blamed indigestion...with my sweet potato casserole!! I gave him some tums, put Shan into her car seat and drove home only to get the call! I am so happy all worked out but man that was scary for you:worried:Glad all worked out!

Hello my friend! Ok...so here I am reading your update and smiling from ear to ear as my buddy Dale is toasting me at our fav watering hole....and then BAM! The whole time I'm reading I'm thinking, who cares if he's mad, get help! That's exactly how my dad was when he had his heart attack and i found myself right back in 1996 when my dad blamed indigestion...with my sweet potato casserole!! I gave him some tums, put Shan into her car seat and drove home only to get the call! I am so happy all worked out but man that was scary for you:worried:Glad all worked out!

Thank you! :)

Hi All! Hope everyones Thanksgivings were wonderful and that you all had successful Black Friday shopping trips! I apologize for it being so long between posts, but writing about Dale's incident just sort of drained me, but I'm back now so time for another update!

After our early night the night before, we woke up early the next morning and Dale was feeling back to normal. We were rather bummed because today we would be checking out of the Yacht Club and moving over to Saratoga Springs. We got everything packed up and decided we were ready for breakfast. We decided to skip the Club Lounge and give the Captain's Grille a try. We took our bags to the car and then when back inside for breakfast.We got there shortly before they opened and even though we didn't have an adr we had no problem getting a table. After we were seated the first thing I did was look for these pictures...

DSC00268.jpg

I had read on the Yacht and Beach Club Resort thread how the ship moves across the pictures so I had to check it out! Sure enough....

DSC00267.jpg

It does!

The CG offers a menu and a buffet. We both went with the buffet.

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

The food was wonderful and they had a lot of unique offerings. Sone of the more unusual items included a breakfast reuben, tomatoes gratin and various types of frittatas. We both enjoyed our meal and the 10% discount we got with our Disney Visa :thumbsup2

When the server brought our bill she also brought a treat for the birthday boy!
DSC00271.jpg

We were now ready to head over to Epcot via the "private entrance".

DSC00275.jpg

We got there around 8:30 and we waited until they let us in around 8:45. Since I don't do Soarin (makes me sick) our first stop was to see everyone's favorite purple dragon. We were the first riders of the day! (they forgot to give us our prize)

Ready to use your imagination?
DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Say "Good Bye"

DSC00286.jpg

I like how the colors came out in this
DSC00287.jpg

From there it was time to head to the Great Barrier Reef

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

We found Nemo in his big blue world and then wanted to visit the manatees. Unfortunately their exhibit wasn't open, so instead we decided to go and act silly

DSC00294.jpg

This area is so cute it just brings out the kid in you, doesn't it?
DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

Then we wandered over to the aquariums and found a hidden Mickey
DSC00297.jpg

After we had our fill of watching the fishies we left the Sea and headed to The Land. Since we weren't going Soarin, we took the boat ride. Where we took one picture? Yep! Enjoy it because this is it

DSC00298.jpg

I have no idea why Dale took just one pic but it was pretty amazing and sums up the entire ride, right?! I didn't hear you. Right?! Ok that's better.

After our amazing journey through the land we decided it was time to visit Spaceship Earth. When we got there the sign said 20 minutes but it was actually a walk on. (the signs were off our whole trip. who does those things?) When we boarded the ride I was feeling mischievous so when it asked which language I hit Spanish. Dale then switched to English and we went back and forth like that a few times. Well I didn't switch it to English soon enough and we ended up being stuck with "Deutsch". Yep that whole long ride in another language. BORING! Dale happens to speak German so he didn't mind but I sure did. Since I couldn't understand what she was saying I just sat back and took pictures. Flashless pictures as I am a good girl.

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

She is so groovy!
DSC00304.jpg

Once we were safely back on Earth, it was time to do a little shopping so we paid a visit to Mousegears.

Dale saw this shirt and found it hilarious!

DSC00305.jpg

(boy humor)

I bought the Halloween flag (which did not hold up well at all!) and a couple of surprises for Caitlin which I can't share with you because she hasn't gotten them yet.

Once our shopping excursion ended it was time to head over to World Showcase! I'll save that for next time...thanks for reading!

Yeah! Update! :cool1:

I am so glad Dale was feeling better today. Just one question - after three ritas did he have any remnants of a hangover? If not, more power to him.

I did not know that about the boat at the Captain's Grille and I was just there in October. Drat.

The breakfast buffet sounds really yummy. I'll have to put that on my list of quiet places for breakfast. Cynthia and I had lunch there and we literally had the place to ourselves and the burger was really yummy. I really enjoyed it. I would go back in a heartbeat. A nice place to get away from it all.

One picture on LWTL? Now - that is a record.

Your pictures on Spacehip Earth are really good - nice and bright. I am loving your new camera.

So does Caitlin arrive today? Are we getting close(r).

Love those artsy shots. They are great! :thumbsup2

WOW, that is so scary about Dale! Glad he is OK though.

Bummer you don't do Soarin. That is one of my absolute favorite rides!

Thanks for the update! Another relaxing time at WDW!

Yummy breakfast - that's the way to leave YC with a bang.

Did Dale fall asleep on LWTL to only get one photo? Sunflowers growing in sand just looks wrong. Where are the perennial favorites - hidden Mickey in the shrimp and the nine pound lemon? ;)

I am glad that even after that, Dale woke up feeling back to normal.

I am always ready to use my imagination. Fun first choice for a ride.

That was the best picture ever taken on Living with the Land. It deserves an award.

I love to ride Spaceship Earth in another language. It just makes it funny for me. :lmao:

Just got caught back up! I'm so very glad that your husband is ok!! How scary!

I like your spaceship earth pics! That's my second favorite ride at Epcot after Test Track. :goodvibes

Yeah! Update! :cool1:

I am so glad Dale was feeling better today. Just one question - after three ritas did he have any remnants of a hangover? If not, more power to him.

Nope, no hangover. Considering everything he was feeling suprisingly good :rolleyes1

I did not know that about the boat at the Captain's Grille and I was just there in October. Drat.

It's one of those cute little Disney details that you totally miss if you don't know to look for it.

The breakfast buffet sounds really yummy. I'll have to put that on my list of quiet places for breakfast. Cynthia and I had lunch there and we literally had the place to ourselves and the burger was really yummy. I really enjoyed it. I would go back in a heartbeat. A nice place to get away from it all.

I don't know why CG isn't more popular. Both times we've been there we've been able to walk right in and the food at both breakfast and lunch was delicious.

One picture on LWTL? Now - that is a record.

I have no idea how that happened :rotfl:

Your pictures on Spacehip Earth are really good - nice and bright. I am loving your new camera.

Thanks, me too!

So does Caitlin arrive today? Are we getting close(r).

Caitlin arrives the following day but she starts bringing the drama today :eek:

Love those artsy shots. They are great! :thumbsup2

Thank you :)

WOW, that is so scary about Dale! Glad he is OK though.

Thank you, me too!

Bummer you don't do Soarin. That is one of my absolute favorite rides!

Real flying doesn't bother me but any movies or anything that simulates flying makes me sick. I rode Soarin once and it felt like torture! :rotfl:

Thanks for the update! Another relaxing time at WDW!

We did try and just take each day as it came and not feel the need to rush around. Being able to do that is the best thing about going during low crowds!

Yummy breakfast - that's the way to leave YC with a bang.
We give CG 2 thumbs up :thumbsup2

Did Dale fall asleep on LWTL to only get one photo? Sunflowers growing in sand just looks wrong. Where are the perennial favorites - hidden Mickey in the shrimp and the nine pound lemon? ;)

Actually I'm wondering if he did fall asleep. I can't figure it out :rotfl:

I am glad that even after that, Dale woke up feeling back to normal.

Thanks, me too. I wasn't sure what to expect that morning so it was great he was feeling ok.

I am always ready to use my imagination. Fun first choice for a ride.

Yep, we love Figment.

That was the best picture ever taken on Living with the Land. It deserves an award.
:rotfl2: Now that what I'm talking about!

I love to ride Spaceship Earth in another language. It just makes it funny for me. :lmao:

It does make it different :)

Just got caught back up! I'm so very glad that your husband is ok!! How scary!

Thank you!

I like your spaceship earth pics! That's my second favorite ride at Epcot after Test Track. :goodvibes

Thank you. We can't wait see the new TT!

Hope everyones Thanksgivings were wonderful

Thanksgiving? Back in October? Oh, I had to work, but thanks for asking.

I apologize for it being so long between posts, but writing about Dale's incident just sort of drained me, but I'm back now so time for another update!

I don't blame you one bit. I can only imagine how stressful that was. :hug:

After our early night the night before, we woke up early the next morning and Dale was feeling back to normal.

Which is really quite remarkable.

We were rather bummed because today we would be checking out of the Yacht Club and moving over to Saratoga Springs.

So you're bummed when you stay in Disney....

Just curious, what are you when you actually have to leave?

It's perturbed, right? Yah, perturbed.

I had read on the Yacht and Beach Club Resort thread how the ship moves across the pictures so I had to check it out! Sure enough....

Hey! That's cool! :thumbsup2 How many panels are there? Just the three you showed us or are there more in the middle?

When the server brought our bill she also brought a treat for the birthday boy!

I don't care where you are or how old you are. That kind of thing always brings a smile, doesn't it?

We were the first riders of the day! (they forgot to give us our prize)

It's in the mail. Should be there any day now.

I like how the colors came out in this
DSC00287.jpg

Me too. Nice shot! :thumbsup2

We found Nemo in his big blue world and then wanted to visit the manatees. Unfortunately their exhibit wasn't open, so instead we decided to go and act silly

DSC00294.jpg

OMG! Dawn! Watch out! You're about to become dinner!!

This area is so cute it just brings out the kid in you, doesn't it?

This may come as a surprise.... but everything brings out the kid in me. :rolleyes:

Since we weren't going Soarin, we took the boat ride. Where we took one picture? Yep! Enjoy it because this is it

Awesome.

I have no idea why Dale took just one pic but it was pretty amazing and sums up the entire ride, right?! I didn't hear you. Right?!

Right! Right! Absolutely! Yes!

Ok that's better.

<phew> :scared:

(the signs were off our whole trip. who does those things?)

Seven dwarves. They're vastly overworked and understaffed.

Well I didn't switch it to English soon enough and we ended up being stuck with "Deutsch". Yep that whole long ride in another language. BORING!

Really? I would find it amusing listening to it and imagining what was being said.

"Und over here, vee haff zee Roman period, vhere zee romans took over zee whole vorld but not all of Deutschland! Ha Ha! ... All right, moofing on now..."

Flashless pictures as I am a good girl.

I will not touch that statement.

Nope.

Dale saw this shirt and found it hilarious!

(boy humor)

He's right. It's hilarious. I get it.

I bought the Halloween flag (which did not hold up well at all!) and a couple of surprises for Caitlin which I can't share with you because she hasn't gotten them yet.

Okay... but what's a Halloween flag?

Once our shopping excursion ended it was time to head over to World Showcase! I'll save that for next time...thanks for reading!

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

Thanksgiving? Back in October? Oh, I had to work, but thanks for asking.

Perhaps I should have specified our "American" friends. :)

I don't blame you one bit. I can only imagine how stressful that was. :hug:

Thank you!

Which is really quite remarkable.

I agree!

So you're bummed when you stay in Disney....

Just curious, what are you when you actually have to leave?

It's perturbed, right? Yah, perturbed.

Yes very perturbed! :rotfl:

Hey! That's cool! :thumbsup2 How many panels are there? Just the three you showed us or are there more in the middle?

YEp just 3 and the boat sails through them.

I don't care where you are or how old you are. That kind of thing always brings a smile, doesn't it?

::yes::

It's in the mail. Should be there any day now.

That's what I thought :)

Me too. Nice shot! :thumbsup2

OMG! Dawn! Watch out! You're about to become dinner!!

:rotfl:

This may come as a surprise.... but everything brings out the kid in me. :rolleyes:
I'm not that surprised :rotfl2:

Awesome.

Right! Right! Absolutely! Yes!

<phew> :scared:

Good work on the enthusiasm :thumbsup2

Seven dwarves. They're vastly overworked and understaffed.

:rotfl:

Really? I would find it amusing listening to it and imagining what was being said.

"Und over here, vee haff zee Roman period, vhere zee romans took over zee whole vorld but not all of Deutschland! Ha Ha! ... All right, moofing on now..."

It would be more entertaining listening to you narrate in another language :rotfl:

I will not touch that statement.

Nope.

He's right. It's hilarious. I get it.

Yep, boy humor.

Okay... but what's a Halloween flag?

They sell outdoor flags for the various seasons or holidays so this was a Disney Halloween one with all the characters.

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

You're welcome :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter