A Christmas Extravaganza of auditions, adventures & new friends!-Updated 8/28x3!!

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a CM at Epcot, so HAPPY for you!! :dance3:

With your enthusiasm for Disney, you will be a wonderful CM and Disney will be lucky to have you!!

:dumbo:

Yay great first day update! How great of Westjet that they practically upgraded you to first! I love that you take Yeti on your trips; I really need to get one/a Disney plush of similar size to take on trips with me. That room is just gorgeous and great view! Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks!! It was QUITE the magical day of upgrades for us, and it was just fantastic!! I really love have yeti come along for the adventures!! I was thinking of something else too before I got him, especially since Danielle has a yeti too lol, but hey, it all works out!

Sounds like your trip definitely got off to a magical start! Upgraded to First Class for FREE?! Heck yes! :banana: Spilling the drink all over you sounds exactly like something that I would do.

How beautiful is the Yacht Club?! Ah, GORGEOUS! And what an awesome view yall got! Oh my goodness! Being able to just step outside on your balcony and watch Illuminations ~ WHAT A TREAT! :goodvibes

It was fantastic!!! I love west jet! Aahahaha, yeah, it was not pleasant, but luckily those pants didn't need to be worn for the rest of the week!

ITS AMAZING!!! I actually DIED, and I WISH I could stay there forever it's seriously perfect, the night was definitely magical!!

Three hours is a decent amount of sleep on a Disney night :lmao:

Oooo tons of pixie dust from west jet!

Yeti loves his booze! :thumbsup2

I just love driving under that welcome sign!!!

I still need to stay at the Yacht Club! I have only ever stayed at the Beach Club.

WWWWOOOOOWW amazing view!

Sounds like a great first night!

Ahahah any amount of sleep on a disney night is substantial! Plus we always sleep on the plane so it works out!

Yeti loves it a little bit too much lol!!

Driving under that sign really does solidify that you're really there, it's really happening and it is really DISNEY TIME!!

UGH YES!! I haven't done BC yet, but really want to, I also would love to do yacht forever and ever and ever, but you know, money bahaha!!! It was amazing and the view and night were incredible!!

Joining in!

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a CM. That's so exciting!! :cheer2:

Glad you're here!! And thank you so much!!!

A little late to the party, but joining!

CONGRATULATIONS one becoming a Cast Member.
kgof_5e7_udpu1.jpg

Very exciting (though bummed we will miss you on our trip in August)

Very cool that you decided to do it up for your bonus day! Your room looks very nice (nautical without being cheesy) and what a view!

Oh my gosh thank you so much!!! That's so cute!!!! Awwe, SO CLOSE!! I tend to skip the summer months and opt for Sept instead, I just lvoe that halloween season too much! Perhaps next year!!

It was an incredible exerperience and I'm so glad it happened, yc was truly amazing!!

Subbing in! Congrats on becoming a CM!! What fabulous news!

Looks like a fantastic start to your trip!! Gotta love that Illuminations view!

Thank you so much, it is really exciting!!! I can't wait!!

It was truly fantastic and magical to start off the trip like that!!

Oh wow, I didn't know you had a direct flight. And awesome service to boot. Yay WestJet!!

Oh my, I remember the need to move the travel day up due to the oncoming storm. I must say, not a bad sacrifice to make there. Extra time PLUS lake view Yacht Club!!! :cheer2:

It was direct!! Thank you west jet!! only time i've ever done that too lol, way too pricey for me!!!

UGH, I was super stressing about it, but hey, we got there, it was amazing, and like, yacht club!!

I'm here! I'm late to the party, but not too late. I absolutely adore YC and wish there had been a room for me to take on my next trip, but everything was full by the time I thought it might be a good idea. Oh well, maybe next time. :(

Yay!!! Glad you're here!! The YC was amazing!! Awe man, next time!!! I wish I could go back but I'm also in the "stay in ALL the resorts" type stage and like, that's awesome too lol

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a CM at Epcot, so HAPPY for you!! :dance3:

With your enthusiasm for Disney, you will be a wonderful CM and Disney will be lucky to have you!!

:dumbo:

Thank you so much!! I really cannot wait for it to all start hapening!!!

When I woke up the next morning, it was one of those moments when you realize, it wasn’t a dream, I was ACTUALLY IN DISNEY, AND IN THE COMFIEST BED IN THE WORLD AND STILL AT THE YACHT CLUB!! Downside, it was FREEZING in the hotel room! I tried to curl up a little bit to sleep until the alarm went off, but alas, there is no sleeping in when you know you’re in Florida (good thing cause Imma need that pixie dust soon!). I started putzing around the room, put some warm clothes on, turned up the heat and slowly started getting ready for the morning.

I’m pretty sure I made a coffee and sat out on the patio for a while just letting the world surround me, while Steven also slowly got up, we had all the time in the world! The wake up call went off and we were both SUPER excited to hear that OLAF HAD JOINED THE WAKE UP CALL TEAM!!! I still miss my Stitch calls, but the Frozen one is much better than the previous ones we’d had!

Eventually, it was time to head out, so we said good bye to our glorious home and dropped our bags at Bell Services to have them ship them to Pop Century for us later in the day. With that, and another look around the amazing lobby, Steven and I made our way out the back and across the beach once again, we were WALKING TO EPCOT BABY!!

Seriously, I need to stay at YC again during Food & Wine, it’s just perfect!!

Our first mission of the day was to PICK UP OUR ANNUAL PASSES! The cast member over at the International Gateway was beyond amazing and helpful and even printed out our MVMCP tickets for later in the week! I got Minnie on my AP and Steven got Mickey! We’ve talked about it and have decided that Disney really needs to add more characters into the “choices” for AP’s at least, like the visa cards have so many options, so should the pricey tickets! Lol. Although, I will always miss my fancy golden ticket from last year!!

Smiles on our faces we headed straight into World Showcase, it was my first time entering into Epcot this way and man it is just AWESOME! At that time of the morning there was NO ONE else around (it was around 10:00am by now) as they were all doing the mad dash for rides, and we were just RELAXING ENJOYING LIIIFFFEEE!!

It was a perfect moment.

Our stop was Les Halles, for some delicious breakfast!

Yes.

Those are salads.

For breakfast.

On vacation.

In Disney.

I don’t know what’s happened to us…. Steven got the caeser salad, I got the “chef” salad? I dunno, egg, tuna and veggies…bahah! We both also enjoyed a raspberry mousse to snack on!

I still can’t get over how perfect this moment was, eating breakfast back there with absolutely no one else around was so amazing. The salads were both super good, and the mousse was delectable, and definitely somewhere we would eat again. The prices were a little steep, even for Disney, but for something like this experience wise I’d totally go again!

Like, just look at it! That little nook is just perfect, you’re literally IN France!

After breakfast we decided we wanted to check on Anna & Elsa’s line before heading over to Pop, but before 11:00am hit, we would’ve been in their 12pm set, which was too much waiting for us!

Mousegears was calling our names before we left though! I’m pretty sure I picked up some pens, and of course, PAJAMAS! As I had left mine at home! #derp. However, I SUPER derped on this one, and had them shipped back to Pop….and didn’t realize til later that night that they would not be there until later in the next day…whoooooppps!! We stopped for some pin trading along the way to Mousegears and encountered our first BTG of the trip… ugh…it was hilarious and horrible though. We were underneath that little alcove on the way to Soarin, where the character spot is, and they were chanting SUPER loud, and of course, everything was echoing and amplified, and the cast members we were trading with were all “we’re so sorry…”

HA!

The resort transferring process wans’t that difficult as we simply hopped on a bus to Pop from Epcot! It was exciting, even if it wasn’t the Yacht Club!

We’re cute.

Amanda & I had been messaging on facebook before Steven & I arrived at Pop, she was there already, which was: #1: AWESOME, because I got to see her that much sooner, but, #2: not awesome because it meant she was cut at her dream along audition, boooo.

We met up Pop’s lobby and it was SO SO SO great to see her again, and I was pumped that the three of us had a week of adventuring together! I was really hoping her and Steven would get along! Check in went smoothly, magic bands and everything seemed to be working out fine, and we did not receive KTTW cards as Pop was part of that “test” during our trip!

Even though I had requested “close to transportation” I’m pretty sure our room was the FARTHEST thing from that! We were way out in the 80’s building, the one behind Roger Rabbit, and the back end of that one! A bit insane, but at least we were able to cut across the parking lot!

The three of us all caught up and talked about our plans/days/how Amanda’s audition went, and then she hopped in the shower as she was meeting her friend Cassy later for a hang out! Steven and I took off, and headed out to Downtown Disney, where, our first stop was FOOOOD.

We chose Wolfgang Puck Express, if you couldn’t tell. Steven went with the Tortilla Soup & a cheesecake, while I went with an old classic, the 4 cheese Pesto Pizza!

The food was amazing! I will always love this pizza, it’s light, crispy, but still chewy, the pesto and four cheese is such an amazing contributions to each other! Heck, it’s making me hungry right now! I had a bite or two of Steven’s soup and it was fantastic!! I had heard some stuff on the disboards prior to this meal and had wanted to try it, so I’m super glad he ordered it ahha!

Steven and I spent the next few hours wandering through Downtown Disney, trading pins, vinylmations (and yes, he got me into that this trip!), shopping, you know, the usual! Lol. At 3:30, we arrived at the AMC Theater, we had a very important and CHILLY date!

FFFFFRRRROOOOZZZEEEENNNNN!!!!

It came out on a Wednesday, and I worked splits Wed-Fri, then moved on Saturday, and left for Disney on Sunday, it needed to be watched, especially before anything on tumblr got ruined! What did we think?!?? IT WAS AMAZING OF COURSE!! Seriously, to see that much complexity in a character was what did it for me! Elsa was such a relatable character, to have to have “concealed” it for so long, keep things inside, don’t let anyone know you’re different, it really means a lot to have someone like that in a Disney film. I loved Anna, the fact that she wasn’t perfect, that she was derpy, not the classic princess, (but that has been done these past few movies) Olaf was great, not just funny, or “useless” as some people call him, but a very big plot point. He symbolizes the love and warmth that was Anna & Elsa’s childhood, the love that, eventually, breaks the curse, and thaws the frozen heart, it was fantastic.

AND THE PLOT TWIST, OH THE PLOT TWIST (hint…if you still don’t know it, skip this next part…)

I have NEVER in my life heard a gasp as large as the theater let out when Hans was revealed as the villain, seriously, insane, when we saw it in Calgary it was not the same. Like, it was crazy, I did NOT see it coming and was so glad I managed to see the movie before that was spoiled for me!!

Steven is absolutely in love with the soundtrack, and while Let it Go is amazing (hello, Idina Menzel, of course) he thinks it’s better than Lion King…. I agree that the ballad song was incredible, but the soundtrack as a whole was kind of lacking for me. I felt like there could have been more, and like, Kristoff didn’t even get a real song and he’s voiced by an amazing Broadway actor.

Also the trolls, as cute as they were, they kind of annoyed me. If they live that close to the kingdom, why did everyone freak out over magic? Sure, it was different magic, but the trolls are weirder in my opinon. Also, Anna is literally freezing and not doing too great, but don’t worry, they have time to sing an entire song and try to fix them up WHILE SHE’S FREAKING DYING.

Also Kristoff’s back story…what is it…where’d he come from? Did the trolls ACTUALLY kidnap him?

ANYWAYS.

It was incredible and I did absolutely love it in it’s entirety, but I do wish there was simply “more” to it.

Frozen ending, we did stay til after the credits, and then moseyed on our way out of the theater, we’d walked past the Vinylmation store earlier without going in, and we had some looking to do!

Like, beyond cute, am I right?! We also noticed that they had FOUR of these left:

Naturally we both bought a set right then and there. I did hear that these were limited, and it was honestly amazing that we walked right into the store and managed to get them, but we did! After some vinyl trades, we were done with DTD for the day, and Amanda was over at Magic Kingdom with Cassy, so we figured we’d head on over there next!!

That pizza looks so good! I miss Wolfgang Puck Express!

Glad you liked Frozen! I have seen it four times and it never gets old :rotfl2:

So jealous you got the Frozen vinyls!!!

Not gonna lie here Katt; I think when you wake up and you're NOT in Disney then something's wrong, lol. Of course, that will be taken care of soon.

This is one of the reasons I so love Epcot. Honestly, apart from Soarin', there's nothing that is "Must Do" for me (not even Test Track), so it makes it so much more relaxing.

Wow, I don't think I saw one tour group at all. Maybe I just lucked out.

YAY POP CENTURY RESORT AND SPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, interesting Frozen experience. I love that no one saw the "villain" coming (though I have to admit, I did). The big (and awesome) twist for me was that it wasn't a prince (or a guy for that matter) who saved Anna. THAT caught me by surprise, and is the main reason I love this movie.

Subbing for another one of your amazing TR.
Congratulations on your new role as CM, representing Canada :surfweb
Can't wait to read on with your adventures in Disney.

I'm here!

The Yacht club is beyond amazing especially at Christmas time it's just so beautiful. If I could live in the Boardwalk area I'd be a happy camper :thumbsup2

How fun to see Frozen in Disney! I was there around the same time but I hadn't seen the movie yet but I definitely wish I had, there was a lot of references to it out and about in the parks!

Ahh. So excited to be guest starring in this. Many adventures and happy times coming!!

Congrats on becoming a cast member! Now I'm craving a filet. :lmao:

We did WPE, but didn't get a pizza. Looks like we'll have to do that next time.

Um your trip is completely awesome so far and you barely started!

First of all, YAY extra Disney time && omg Yacht Club!

That lobby is gorgeous and I totally would've reacted the same way.

Omg stopppp WPE makes me so hungry just looking at it.

Um how cool is it that you got to see Frozen in WDW?! I agree with you on the movie. I really adore it and am obsessed with it but I would've liked more from the soundtrack. I mean the songs in it are phenomenal but I want more! Like, I feel like they're all concentrated at the beginning of the movie. Plus, Idina Menzel is like my favorite so I think she should've had more songs!

P.S. She's totally starring in a new Broadway show and I don't know anything about it but I know I need to see it because she's in it!

Really jealous of the Anna and Elsa vinylmation!!

Joining in and your awesome adventure....love that you just went for it when your friends asked you when you were going to go!!!

Congrats on your upcoming Disney adventure as a CM how excited you must be just seeing the comments reminding you how close it is getting...less than 180 days!!!

I love what you wrote about Frozen - my hubby and I totally agree. MORE was needed. Loved it (2nd watching helped) but so agree with the Trolls??? needed to show that more or less or something? And give me some info on how a little boy is all by himself with a reindeer???

It is missing something but over all enjoyable.

Looking forward to reading more.

Your pizza looks awsome! Pesto is something we have a lot so, yeah, mouth watering a bit

Glad you got to see Frozen before reading spoilers. Obviously a great movie. I really like the soundtrack but agree if justing taking the songs that were in the movie it feels like a few more were needed. BUT the soundtrack has the extra disc with all the outtake songs and some of those I like even more than some that made the actual move We Know Better and More than Just A Spare specifically. My kids often ask for me to put on those songs more than the regular ones. I hope at least some of those are added when Frozen gets to Broadway.

Very cute Vinylmations - super lucky to just walk in and see them!

That pizza looks so good! I miss Wolfgang Puck Express!

Glad you liked Frozen! I have seen it four times and it never gets old :rotfl2:

So jealous you got the Frozen vinyls!!!

It was super tasty! I LOVE their pizzas, and really, all their food haha!!

I ended up seeing it like 4 or 5 times in theaters, and really did grow to appreciate it more. Since buying it I still haven't managed to watch it all the way through though haha!!

Haha we were LUCKY!

Not gonna lie here Katt; I think when you wake up and you're NOT in Disney then something's wrong, lol. Of course, that will be taken care of soon.

This is one of the reasons I so love Epcot. Honestly, apart from Soarin', there's nothing that is "Must Do" for me (not even Test Track), so it makes it so much more relaxing.

Wow, I don't think I saw one tour group at all. Maybe I just lucked out.

YAY POP CENTURY RESORT AND SPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, interesting Frozen experience. I love that no one saw the "villain" coming (though I have to admit, I did). The big (and awesome) twist for me was that it wasn't a prince (or a guy for that matter) who saved Anna. THAT caught me by surprise, and is the main reason I love this movie.

Ahaha, yes! Especially when there's snow outside my window in May…

RIGHT?! Soarin is the only thing that I rush to in Epcot, aside from that, it's a really nice break, take in the scenery, eat some food, drink some drinks and meet some characters!

Wow you lucked out then!! We saw quite a few!

YES! Pop is just home, it always will be!

Hahah, see I think I had the sister love part figured out but I had NO CLUE about Hans, but still, SUCH a great movie!!

Subbing for another one of your amazing TR.
Congratulations on your new role as CM, representing Canada :surfweb
Can't wait to read on with your adventures in Disney.

Yay!! Glad you're back!! And thank you so much!! I cannot wait!!

Looking forward to reading what happened next!

Yay! Glad you're here!!

I'm here!

The Yacht club is beyond amazing especially at Christmas time it's just so beautiful. If I could live in the Boardwalk area I'd be a happy camper :thumbsup2

How fun to see Frozen in Disney! I was there around the same time but I hadn't seen the movie yet but I definitely wish I had, there was a lot of references to it out and about in the parks!

Yay!!

YC really was incredible, I was blown away by how awesome it was, and the lobby at Christmas was even more spectacular! I don't know quite what it was about that lobby, but boy did I ever LOVE it!!

Yeah!! We were glad we got to it when we did, it definitely made the meet and greet with them later in the week way better!! Lol

Ahh. So excited to be guest starring in this. Many adventures and happy times coming!!

Yay!!! Hi Amanda!!

Congrats on becoming a cast member! Now I'm craving a filet. :lmao:

We did WPE, but didn't get a pizza. Looks like we'll have to do that next time.

Thank you so much!! Bahha, right?!! I want like 10 right now!!

The pizza is delicious!! Though so is the rest of their menu! I'm always stuck on what to get because Ive heard great things about everything, but I love that pizza so much! Hahah

Um your trip is completely awesome so far and you barely started!

First of all, YAY extra Disney time && omg Yacht Club!

That lobby is gorgeous and I totally would've reacted the same way.

Omg stopppp WPE makes me so hungry just looking at it.

Um how cool is it that you got to see Frozen in WDW?! I agree with you on the movie. I really adore it and am obsessed with it but I would've liked more from the soundtrack. I mean the songs in it are phenomenal but I want more! Like, I feel like they're all concentrated at the beginning of the movie. Plus, Idina Menzel is like my favorite so I think she should've had more songs!

P.S. She's totally starring in a new Broadway show and I don't know anything about it but I know I need to see it because she's in it!

Really jealous of the Anna and Elsa vinylmation!!

Ahahaha, yeah, it was pretty darn amazing!!

YC was absolute perfection, like, the resort was gorgeous, the lobby was amazing, and then to find out we had a lagoon view and actually have the most perfect timing that we caught illuminations!? It was insane!!

RIGHT?! I want all the Disney food now!!

RIGHT?!! Lol, clearly I'm in an agree with Courtney kinda mood lol!! But yes, the movie could have used a little more to it, and Idina totally needed a song! Like, we needed a Kristoff song, and sister duet, and like, WHERE WAS THE VILLIANS SONG?! It could have been done after the reveal too so it would've been fine!!

Haha! That's awesome!!! I wish I lived closer so I could do stuff like that! I saw you saw Aladdin recently and am like DYING of jealousy lol!

Joining in and your awesome adventure....love that you just went for it when your friends asked you when you were going to go!!!

Congrats on your upcoming Disney adventure as a CM how excited you must be just seeing the comments reminding you how close it is getting...less than 180 days!!!

I love what you wrote about Frozen - my hubby and I totally agree. MORE was needed. Loved it (2nd watching helped) but so agree with the Trolls??? needed to show that more or less or something? And give me some info on how a little boy is all by himself with a reindeer???

It is missing something but over all enjoyable.

Looking forward to reading more.

Haha spontaneity is our best quality lol! Steven & I ended up booking a trip with less than 24 hrs notice the other month, it's probably not a good thing we have our own credit cards, bahaha!!

It is super exciting! I don't think it's really started to sink in yet, this week has been a week of starting to clean out, get rid of and sell stuff for me, so it's starting to set lol!

RIGHT?!! Kristoff's backstory was something that SERIOUSLY lacked, there was so much more potential with the movie. I also am saddened that it didn't go the original route planned with Elsa being the villain, because THAT would have been bad ***! I really want to see a villain like that sometime soon lol!

Thanks!!

Your pizza looks awsome! Pesto is something we have a lot so, yeah, mouth watering a bit

Glad you got to see Frozen before reading spoilers. Obviously a great movie. I really like the soundtrack but agree if justing taking the songs that were in the movie it feels like a few more were needed. BUT the soundtrack has the extra disc with all the outtake songs and some of those I like even more than some that made the actual move We Know Better and More than Just A Spare specifically. My kids often ask for me to put on those songs more than the regular ones. I hope at least some of those are added when Frozen gets to Broadway.

Very cute Vinylmations - super lucky to just walk in and see them!

Pesto is like, hands down the best pizza and pasta sauce you can get! Lol, that pizza is devine!

Yes! Steven has the deluxe soundtrack and we were listening to it in the car the other day and I do really like those songs, I really do hope stuff gets added back in for broadway, I mean, it usually does so here's hopin!

thanks!! We were super lucky to get them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter