A Baptism, MNSSHP, & FD...sweating our way through 6 days at POP!! Completed!

We were walking over to find some lunch at Yak & Yeti CS when I was able to see EE in the distance.

DSC06860-1.jpg

We were just about there.

DSC06866-1.jpg

I wasn't too sure what to expect from lunch and I was hoping it was good. The 'Tasty Food' sign had me worried..

DSC06861-1.jpg

I was in line and got to the CM who was taking my order. When I went to pay I couldn't find my card. So I had to get out of line and find Mel to see if she had it. Once I got to her I found the card in my wallet. UGH.. back in line to place my order-AGAIN!!!

Usually I'm not a huge fan of Chinese Food so I didn't know what to expect. I decided on the honey chicken and pork egg rolls and Melody got the shrimp lo mein. Juliana got the chicken fingers.

DSC06863-1.jpg

DSC06864-1.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was. My chicken was very tender and the honey sauce was delicious. I couldn't believe how much rice was in that container. Melody's was filled with shrimp and her noodles weren't too salty. She ate all the shrimp but couldn't finish the rest. 2 people could definitely split one meal.

We finished up lunch around 1:45 and headed back to Harambe to go on the safari. The sun was beating down on us and it was about 95 degrees. We entered the safari and walked right up to the loading area. There was no one in line. I barely had time to take any pictures!

DSC06868-1.jpg

DSC06869-1.jpg

DSC06870-1.jpg

DSC06871-1.jpg

I think most of the animals were hiding because of the heat. We didn't get to see too many roaming the savana.

DSC06880.jpg

We did get to see the mother and baby giraffe though. We got right up close to them when they were eating.(I missed the pic :()

DSC06884-1.jpg

We had an nice safari but we couldn't understand what the driver was saying half the time because the intercom was messed up. LOL

The crowds were busy when we got to AK but they were thinning out now.

DSC06899.jpg

Juliana stopped to do some drumming.

DSC06900-1.jpg

On our way back over to Asia, we stopped to see a few characters. Juliana doesn't really know them but she had fun taking pictures with them!

DSC06903-1.jpg

She even got a kiss from King Louie.

DSC06904-1.jpg

DSC06906-1.jpg

We were trying to make our way over to EE but we stopped at Y&Y Quality Beverages. Melody wanted a Yak Attack. If you didn't know a Yak Attack consists of Mango Daiquiri, Bacardi Light Rum, and Wildberry Flavors. It's not my favorite but she likes them. In this heat she had to drink that thing fast before it melted. While Mel was getting her drink, a CM called Juliana over to the Discovery Club stop. Juliana had to listen to sounds and figure out what animal made them.

DSC06909-1.jpg

DSC06912-1.jpg

After Juliana answered all the questions, the CM gave her a certificate. Ana was really excited!

We kept moving trying to get over to EE. I stopped to take a picture of the monument to Everest. I've read about how you can line up the monument to Everest and I tried my best to do that.

DSC06914-1.jpg

We finally made it over to EE. We were going to use the single rider line. I went first while Mel and Juliana waited for me. I think the single rider line is the best thing ever! I made it on EE with only 5 minutes of waiting. The only downfall is you miss all the cool artifacts in the normal line. I was seated towards the middle of the car.

DSC06917.jpg

I got off and it was Mel's turn. Juliana and I went into the store at the exit to wait for Mel... plus I wanted to get her picture. It was nice being in there out of the sun and in some A/C. Melody made it through the line and was off the ride in 10 minutes. Here is her pic from the ride... It's a little different from mine. She's holding on for dear life! LOL At least her eyes are open, not like the lady next to her! :lmao:

DSC06921.jpg

Since we made it through the line so quickly, I jumped back in line again. The wait was still about 5 minutes to get on and this time I even got the front seat! I got a little tired so I decided to take a short nap on the ride. ;)

091008_150637.jpg

While the RnRC is my favorite ride in all of WDW, I really like this coaster. When I walked off Mel was doing some last minute shopping in the EE gift shop. I think she bought a couple of pins. Once she paid we had one more area to hit before we left.... Dinoland! We had to let Juliana go on a few more rides before we left.

To Be Continued......

On our way back over to Asia, we stopped to see a few characters. Juliana doesn't really know them but she had fun taking pictures with them!

My kids are the same way. Except that they know all the characters. They can't remember to shut the lights off when they leave a room, but they can remember an animal that had 8 seconds of screen time in a movie that was made 50 years ago. :confused3

I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was. My chicken was very tender and the honey sauce was delicious. I couldn't believe how much rice was in that container. Melody's was filled with shrimp and her noodles weren't too salty. She ate all the shrimp but couldn't finish the rest. 2 people could definitely split one meal.

We're planning on eating here, so I'm glad to hear the good review!

Melody wanted a Yak Attack. If you didn't know a Yak Attack consists of Mango Daiquiri, Bacardi Light Rum, and Wildberry Flavors.

Sounds good! I've also heard the Lost in Paradise is good. Now I'm going to have to choose...:confused3

Great EE ride photos! :thumbsup2

I think we are going to try the food there on our next trip, we have passed by but were always a little timid about trying. Glad you liked it.

Love the pic on EE, very funny.:lmao:

Ah Tim! Love the installment - it was worth the wait! Thanks for the review on Y&Y. I think you have sold us on it for our lunch at AK.

Great job lining up the EE picture. Perfect!

Love the EE picture! It's funny how the old guy next to you also looks as if he may be snoozing . . . and I don't think he intended to! Seriously, how can he be sitting in the front row of Everest and NOT have a smile and/or look or terror on his face? Did you check his pulse before you got off the ride?

I think you are sleeping....

It's tonight till I go to bed.... when I wake up, then it's tomorrow! ;)

Yes, by the time you posted this, I was sleeping (long weekend putting up the Christmas decorations, baking Christmas cookies, etc.

I wasn't too sure what to expect from lunch and I was hoping it was good. The 'Tasty Food' sign had me worried..

We ate at the table servicea t Yak & Yeti two years ago and I do not like Chinese food at all. I have to tell you that this was my second favorite meal of the trip--it was outstanding.

Since we made it through the line so quickly, I jumped back in line again. The wait was still about 5 minutes to get on and this time I even got the front seat! I got a little tired so I decided to take a short nap on the ride. ;)

091008_150637.jpg

Now we know why it is so long between updates...you are off taking catnaps. :lmao:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Nap on Everest pic!

I gotta try that when we are there! :goodvibes

Great update!

Bout time...:rotfl2: :rolleyes1

What great updates!

Hoop De Doo looks very fun - but sorry to hear about your terrible bus ride back!! That is a definate down-side to Disney transportation.

Your day at AK looked like a lot of fun! I bet it WAS hot! People have told me that park is the warmest on those summer days, and it looks like that was true for you guys!

Can't wait to read more! Great updates!

Love the EE picture! It's funny how the old guy next to you also looks as if he may be snoozing . . . and I don't think he intended to! Seriously, how can he be sitting in the front row of Everest and NOT have a smile and/or look or terror on his face? Did you check his pulse before you got off the ride?

I was going to say the same thing. Evidently the front is very tiring. LOL!

I've really been enjoying your TR.
too bad it is coming to an end.
Juliana is so adorable. and it looks like you all had a great time.
can't wait for the next installment. :]

Woo! Good update! Too bad not very many animals were out on the Safari! :headache: That's one of the hard things about that ride..you can't control them!

Oooh Yak & Yeti! :woohoo: You have to try the TS! It's so neat in there!

LOL..loved the EE ride pics! You have to ask for the very back next time! Way better!

Great update, popcorn::Ready for another. Just kidding! We love Y&Y. Yay for walking on the safari.

SORRY EVERYONE... I thought I responded to your comments. I really am a slacker.. :sad2:

GREAT update!! And even better that you had such short waits!!! :thumbsup2
The walkways were busy but the ride lines were extremely short. We were happy.

My kids are the same way. Except that they know all the characters. They can't remember to shut the lights off when they leave a room, but they can remember an animal that had 8 seconds of screen time in a movie that was made 50 years ago. :confused3
LOL That is great!!! You gotta love that! LOL
We're planning on eating here, so I'm glad to hear the good review!

Sounds good! I've also heard the Lost in Paradise is good. Now I'm going to have to choose...:confused3

Great EE ride photos! :thumbsup2
I loved my meal and Mel really liked hers. I would recommend either meal!

Mel fell in love with the Yak Attack the first time she had it. Now she always gets it. I wonder if she will ever try something else?

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2: Never thought about that pose! HAHA!
It just came to me a second before I did it. Yea I know...I'm a loser. LOL

I think we are going to try the food there on our next trip, we have passed by but were always a little timid about trying. Glad you liked it.

Love the pic on EE, very funny.:lmao:
I was really surprised how good it was. Now the Y&Y and Flame Tree decision will be killing me for years to come! LOL

Ah Tim! Love the installment - it was worth the wait! Thanks for the review on Y&Y. I think you have sold us on it for our lunch at AK.

Great job lining up the EE picture. Perfect!

I think you will like Y&Y. popcorn::

I took 3 different shots of lining up EE. That was the best one.

That guy didn't move the whole ride. He sat there like a statue. :laughing:

Yes, by the time you posted this, I was sleeping (long weekend putting up the Christmas decorations, baking Christmas cookies, etc.

Now we know why it is so long between updates...you are off taking catnaps. :lmao:
We need a sleeping smilie! LOLOL

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Nap on Everest pic!

I gotta try that when we are there! :goodvibes

Great update!

Bout time...:rotfl2: :rolleyes1
Thanks. You better take some crazy pics next September. LOL

Who knows maybe I will get this TR done soon. LOL :rolleyes1

What great updates!

Hoop De Doo looks very fun - but sorry to hear about your terrible bus ride back!! That is a definate down-side to Disney transportation.

Your day at AK looked like a lot of fun! I bet it WAS hot! People have told me that park is the warmest on those summer days, and it looks like that was true for you guys!

Can't wait to read more! Great updates!
We had a blast at Hoop. We still are talking about it. Sometimes Juliana starts singing the Hoop song. It's funny.

AK was hot. It was record heat that day. I'm sweating just thinking about it,. LOL

I was going to say the same thing. Evidently the front is very tiring. LOL!
LOL It is a tough job sitting up there! LOLOL

I've really been enjoying your TR.
too bad it is coming to an end.
Juliana is so adorable. and it looks like you all had a great time.
can't wait for the next installment. :]
Thanks for reading along! It is coming to an end. 1 more to go....

Woo! Good update! Too bad not very many animals were out on the Safari! :headache: That's one of the hard things about that ride..you can't control them!

Oooh Yak & Yeti! :woohoo: You have to try the TS! It's so neat in there!

LOL..loved the EE ride pics! You have to ask for the very back next time! Way better!
I like sitting in the front on roller coasters. I always feel the back is jerky and the front is smooth. There is a nice view from the front when you get to the top where right before you go backwards. I took my camera to take a pic of it. When I turned it on it shut off right away.. dead battery..... figures. :sad2:

We were walking out of the EE gift shop when I spotted these little guys. I should of bought one but you would never understand how many stuffed animals Juliana already has! LOLOL

DSC06922.jpg

We walked past Nemo over to Dinoland. We wanted to let Juliana ride on TriceraTop Spin. There was no wait.

A little pose.

DSC06923.jpg

DSC06925.jpg

DSC06926.jpg

When the ride was over I asked the CM if we could ride again. She said no problem. We just stayed right in our dinosaur. After our second ride I saw the wait time for Primeval Whirl was 5 minutes. I never rode this before so I figured what the heck. I went towards PW while Mel went on TriceraTop Spin one more time with Juliana.

DSC06928.jpg

I don't know what happened to the 5 minute wait but it took me almost 20 minutes to get on the ride. I was texting Mel and she went to go look in some stores. I finally got on the ride.

DSC06929.jpg

I know some people love this ride but I don't get it. I think it is the worst ride ever. I know DinoLand is supossed to be 'cheesy' and this ride fits the bill. I won't be rushing to go back on this ride any time soon.

When I finally got off the ride I had to track down the girls. Once I found them we had one more snack credit to use. We got Juliana one more treat... a Mickey icecream sandwich.

DSC06933.jpg

This is what the girls looked like when they realized we were leaving.

DSC06935.jpg

We stopped to pick up our 5X7 photo on the way out. We had to wait for a few minutes but we finally got our picture. We gathered up our stuff and headed towards the tram.

DSC06936.jpg

We got to the car at 4:40. We were going to make a quick stop to check out the house we are renting with our friends when we go in March. After driving for a few minutes I noticed the outside temp in the car read 98 degrees. :scared1: I was almost glad to be going back to CT to get out of this ungodly heat. It was a short 10 minute drive to see the house. From the outside it looked really nice. We can't wait to stay here in only 3 short months.

DSC06938.jpg

It was time to get to the airport for our flight. It was so nice not to have to lug our three big bags through the airport- thank you RAC! You would think after staying in WDW for 6 days we would of had enough of shopping.... NOPE. What do we do in the airport? Go in the Disney store, of course!

DSC06949.jpg

Even the clothes racks have Mickey on them!!

DSC06940.jpg

Melody picking out one last souvenir.

DSC06944.jpg

Few more pics.

DSC06950.jpg

DSC06951.jpg

DSC06943.jpg

We hopped on the tram over to the gate. It had advertisements for MNSSHP all over it.

DSC06953.jpg

We ate a sandwich at Au Bon Pain and then walked over to wait to board the plane with our boarding passes ready.

DSC06946.jpg

It was our turn to get on and we had to say goodbye to Florida. Juliana is now a seasoned traveler.

DSC06954.jpg

Another Disney movie on the way home.

DSC06957.jpg

We had a great flight back. Melody's mom was waiting for us at the airport. All we had to do was grab our bags. We watched bag after bag come off the carousel. One by one people were clearing out. There were no bags left and there were no people left but us. OK sooooo where are our bags? Melody asked a few people and no one knew where our bags were. It was 10:30pm and I was ready to drive home. Finally someone told us that our bags arrived earlier in the day and were being held in the back. Whew! We got our bags, loaded up the car, and drove home.

We had another great trip to Orlando. We made so many great memories that we will never forget. I can't wait to make some more memories in Disney with the loves of my life- my two favorite girls!

Thank everyone for reading and all your nice comments! I'll have another TR coming up in March. If you would like, check out my PTR found here--> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2143771:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter