999 Meals, But There's Room for 1,000 - An April 2016 Dining Report - Complete/New DR Link - 10/16

Last, but not least we have Mike who ordered Jeffro Bodeen's Belgian-style Waffle. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they brought him the kids mickey waffles by mistake instead. He told them that was fine, but about 5 minutes later the belgian waffle showed up. To say he was quite pleased with his double waffle coup is an understatement.

As will come as little surprise to folks on here, he actually preferred the mickey waffles to the grown up version. :-)
Man, no wonder he looks to triumphant. I would too with that kind of waffle success!

And Jason taking down the ladder.

And of course when at Gaston's one must have some of LeFou's brew.
These are both totally on my Carbapalooza bucket list for October!

After space we commemorated the occasion with our very own family castle pic.
This is a beautiful photo!

While I'm sure to no one's surprise I did this
NO WAY REALLY KARI.

This is white pizzas with artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil , and arugula (which I add on). To say this is pizza perfection is an understatement. Delicious earthy artichokes, topped with creamy cheese, and decadent truffle oil then covered in crunchy and peppery arugula all atop a perfectly charred crust. Pizza does not get better than this and as usual we couldn't get it in our mouths fast enough.
Man. I normally avoid pizza while on vacation, but this... This just may be worth an exception to that rule.

ike ordered the Oak-Fired Filet of Beef with Mashed Potato, California Delta Asparagus, and Wine Sauce.
Oh man, this looks AMAZING.

This is Grilled Tenderloin, Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Lacquered Belly, and Country Applesauce.
Ugh. Dude, so does this!!!

My usual meat and potatoes man threw me for a loop with his request for the Seafood Ramen.
WHAAAT! This also looks amazing! Remind me why I'm not eating at CG on any of my upcoming trips????

The star of the dish was the Mickey waffles, which were standard for Disney, but they served them with warm nutella which really made them great! Here is a snapshot of my plate so you can see the nutella goodness.
God, I am SO EXCITED about this right here, you don't even know.

92a7163d-0f57-4303-ae83-b8467a53bf94.jpg
It's so girly! I love it!

(Photo cred to Random Internet Dude)
I think I know that guy.

I had also ordered a side of Brussels Sprouts, which are one of my favorite veggies.
Mine too. I'm not a big veggie person what so ever, but I will eat the hell out of some brussel sprouts!

#ProudMama
You should be. You guys are pretty much my most favorite family ever.

Last edited:
We are trying LTT for lunch in August, so very nice to see your review, I want the dessert more than anything. It is right up my alley for sure, when something is named ooey, gooey what is not to like. Do you think the entrees are shareable with an appetizer and dessert? We usually share so we can order more things. I hope to meet you at the dessert party, should be fun!
What do ya know, we'll be eating there in August too :-) I definitely think their entrees are shareable. Of course I do share with a 5 year old, but the portions are pretty large. The salad, pilgrims platter, and pot roast are especially shareable. You may also want to consider getting 2 apps just to be on the safe side. Or better yet if you're still hungry just order 2 desserts :P

My DH, the American history buff, would love it. Oh and lol on the "historic" emoji!
Very historic huh???? I've totally wanted to do just a random emoji post on here as they ones they are are some of the strangest I've ever seen. Especially considering they have so few, you'd think they would at least be relevant in some way. These are a few of my favorites:
:crazy: (is this sideshow bob from the simpsons. Maybe it makes sense on the universal boards :confused3)
:fish: (to commemorate all the fish we're eating in WDW, perhaps)
:cat: (the cat sleeps and scratches, must be a use for that on here right)
:rockband: (clearly there are lots of rock bands here)
:clown: (can't forget the creepy clown)
:hippie: (or a hippie, cause thats relevant in 2016)
:squirrel: (maybe this one is for the wilderness lodge???)
:laundy: (and you know already this is my personal favorite. maybe I'm just unaware of the large laundry community on her)

It's insane, she is a little person now! I need to wrap up my never ending TR, and post a short RL update too. We leave for DL in a few weeks so I will have a TR for that when we get back!
How old is she???? They certainly grow way too fast. Casey starts kindergarten next month. So not ready for that.

How awesome you are going to DL. I can't want to read all about it. We may be going next year, so I'll certainly be paying lots of attention.

Welllll currently DD is in a it's mine phase but hopefully this will change soon.....but I really want the desert so will try it sometime....
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/DB2oahQFa0qeQ" width="480" height="269" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/finding-nemo-roman-reigns-dean-ambrose-DB2oahQFa0qeQ">via GIPHY</a></p>
Sadly remember that one, but thankfully Casey's didn't last too long. And now she knows that nothing is hers and everything she owns is really mine!

We'll be there November 15-24 and staying at CSR (doing three nights at Universal's HRH before that). This trip has been in the plans for about a year now. It can't come fast enough!
Awesome. I'm sure you are ready. I can't wait until Casey is old enough for Universal. Figure it will be a few more years till she is familiar with the characters there (and big enough for the rides) so its worth the visit.

These are both totally on my Carbapalooza bucket list for October!
Carbapalooza!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it.

NO WAY REALLY KARI.
Shocking I know. Normally I stick to water, but every once in a while I really cut loose.

WHAAAT! This also looks amazing! Remind me why I'm not eating at CG on any of my upcoming trips????
You totally should be eating there. Food is amazing and you would so love seeing wishes from the roof. I don't think we've missed it on a trip. This year I even have ADRs already, because our last night there is a Halloween party so we want to see Hallowishes from the balcony. Can't wait.

God, I am SO EXCITED about this right here, you don't even know.
Between the cinnamon roll and he mickey waffes, you'll definitely be in Carbapalooza and likely a Carbapacoma after that :-)

It's so girly! I love it!
You'd totally love her. You two could be all princessesy together. Sadly for her I don't have a girly bone in my body

I think I know that guy.
I thought you would know him. Billie knows everyone

You should be. You guys are pretty much my most favorite family ever.
Ah shucks, thanks. And what do you know they are my favorite family too :-)

How old is she???? They certainly grow way too fast. Casey starts kindergarten next month. So not ready for that.

How awesome you are going to DL. I can't want to read all about it. We may be going next year, so I'll certainly be paying lots of attention.

She is two! OMG where did the time go... KINDERGARTEN! WHAT, such little people!!

Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to look out for!

Sadly remember that one, but thankfully Casey's didn't last too long. And now she knows that nothing is hers and everything she owns is really mine!

Yeah MINE and NO MOMMY, all the time... she is a funny one that's for sure

Very historic huh???? I've totally wanted to do just a random emoji post on here as they ones they are are some of the strangest I've ever seen. Especially considering they have so few, you'd think they would at least be relevant in some way. These are a few of my favorites:
:crazy: (is this sideshow bob from the simpsons. Maybe it makes sense on the universal boards :confused3)
:fish: (to commemorate all the fish we're eating in WDW, perhaps)
:cat: (the cat sleeps and scratches, must be a use for that on here right)
:rockband: (clearly there are lots of rock bands here)
:clown: (can't forget the creepy clown)
:hippie: (or a hippie, cause thats relevant in 2016)
:squirrel: (maybe this one is for the wilderness lodge???)
:laundy: (and you know already this is my personal favorite. maybe I'm just unaware of the large laundry community on her)
Too funny. I never really thought about it til now but you are oh so correct....
:firefight Oh and here's a fireman one for all the fires at Disney!
:love1: Not even gonna get into this one......
:moped:Scooters in Disney??

Haha

She is two! OMG where did the time go... KINDERGARTEN! WHAT, such little people!!

Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to look out for!
Just tell me all about the food, food, food, and maybe some more food!

Too funny. I never really thought about it til now but you are oh so correct....
:firefight Oh and here's a fireman one for all the fires at Disney!
:love1: Not even gonna get into this one......
:moped:Scooters in Disney??

Haha
:rotfl2::worship::dancer::disrocks:

We're eating at LTT on the 30th, when are you? :hyper:
We will be there on the 25th but will be in MK on the 30th too. We're eating at Skippers that day

Love the LTT review. I agree that the Ooey Gooey Cake really is the only dessert choice! Those fritters looks good! Julia and I had the pimento cheese fritters at Art Smith's and they were simply amazing.

Hmmm...how to find a day for DH and I to pop in to Liberty Tree in October ..... Because I haven't made enough changes already! LOL

Caveman Eats

For dinner we were heading back to the home of our most favorite steak meal ever: Yachtsman Steakhouse. We'd eaten there once last year and had the most amazing steaks ever. We waited to return not sure it could live up to our prior hype. So much drama, so much intrigue, so much suspense....

First things first, some drinky, drinky's were in order. Jason got a glass of some kind of rye whiskey (no picture, but if you really use your imagination I'm sure you can envision brown liquid and ice in a glass). Knowing the carnivores dream that awaited us I ordered a half bottle of Chianti.

They hadn’t posted the vintage on the menu (and I should have asked) and it turns out it was just a 2014. The wine tasted fine, but it definitely needed to age some more.

Soon the amazing onion rolls and garlic made its way to our table.

Last year the garlic was a bit overcooked and wouldn’t come out of the bulb, but thankfully this year the sweet garlicy roasted goodness came out with no problem. On the delicious onion rolls, with a bit of butter, this was perfection!

For our entrée we decided to share the 32 ounce Porterhouse for 2 (or 3 in our case).

The porterhouse is bone in, but offers both a filet and ribeye. This was only $10 more than the filet and ribeye we would have likely ordered and it already came with sides, so it seemed like the way to go. As for the steak, it was well charred and cooked to medium rare perfection. I’m usually a steak pureist, but this came with a garlic butter on top that really went well with the steak. All 3 of us enjoyed it, but our only minimal complaint was it came out cut already. This made it easy to share but Jason and I both missed cutting into the steak ourselves. Plus I think it lost some of the juices from doing this. I think next time we’ll go back to individual steaks.

As for the sides first we had a trio of mushrooms, creamed spinach, and onions.

By now we all know I loathe mushrooms, but my fungus lovers seemed to enjoy them. The onions were good and nicely caramelized, but I thought it was an odd side. The star of this trio was their creamed spinach, which was well creamy and spinachy and once a dose of salt was added delicious.

But my absolute favorite, were their beef fat potatoes.

Oh my goodness, I almost have no words for how good these were (but of course I’ll try anyway). They were clearly roasted in a good amount of beef fat, as they had a distinct steak-like flavor, and they were exceedingly tender. The potatoes were topped with some herbs and onions that gave them some freshness. I don’t know why they aren’t serving these with every steak but they totally should be.

All together, here is a look at my first plate.

And the damage after we were done (side note Jason wanted to gnaw on the bone, but thankfully decided against that).

We were very happy campers

This was another great trip to Yachtsman. I’ve read Shula’s is actually the superior steak experience at Disney (find that hard to believe though), but its not very kid friendly so we’ll stick to the Yachtsman for now and hopefully continue our tradition of amazing steaks. Our server, Paul, was also very good and attentive (and bonus he was a total deadringer for George McFly). We will undoubtedly be back again especially since we saved $33 with our Tables in Wonderland card.

After dinner we boated over to MGM to catch some of the Star Wars action.

Side note I had no intention of participating in the Kylo Ren meet n greet as I hadn’t seen the new movie and had no idea who he was. Well he wasn’t having any of that and stared me down until I moved over to the M&G area. I had no idea how “real” a meet and greet could be, but in this case my intimidated self was sold.

We settled into a spot by Echo Lake to watch the fireworks and of course had some treats for the event. We all shared my favorite carrot cake cookie (now at the Sweet Spells vice Writers Stop).

And just two of us also had a Longboard from 50’s Prime Time.

The Star Wars Fireworks were amazing and dare I say may have been my favorite ever. There is just something about the iconic Star Wars soundtrack that lent it self to the drama and fanfare of the fireworks. They were perfect and I can’t wait to catch the new show later this month (15 days and counting!). Even more perfect we were back at the lodge just in time to catch wishes too!

Up next, getting tipsy with some flowers and gardens

Gorgeous looking porterhouse! Your pics really make it pop. Wish it could "pop" right into my mouth now but I'll have to settle for the low-fat, no calorie version of this feast. You really should have an adult rating on these meat shots. My oh my. :-)

I've heard a similar concern about it being pre-sliced. But still . . . it looks incredible.

And the carrot cake cookie is a wonderful way to top off the evening. Good for you!

Oh, those onion rolls. I was so giddy last time the server laughed at me (in a nice way, of course). And the steaks aren't bad either. :rolleyes: I hear the same about Shula's but also have not yet tried it. Capa at the Four Seasons also makes a good steak if you're looking to branch out. But like you, I'm a big fan of Yachtsman. Your meal looks scrumptious!!!

I love a good Porthouse but I have to agree that having a steak pre-sliced is just wrong. I am a stickler for letting the steak before slicing and I wouldn't have liked that at all. I noticed that the steak disappeared. :)

I've heard that Shula's is very good but it doesn't take TiW which is a definite disadvantage. Plus, it is a chain restaurant. We have them in our area.

I just loved the music from the Star Wars fireworks. I liked the fireworks, too. :)

Now I need to go back to Yachtsman not only for the garlic, rolls and meat, but to see this George McFly twin :P
Seriously though Yachtsman was the first signature we ever went to and had us asking WHY we hadn't gone to one before. Love it.
I haven't heard Shula's isn't kid friendly. Makes me want to bring my kids there now lol!

Oh wow your meal looked and sounded amazing, we're going there too so I can't wait, our plan is the Star Wars fireworks afterwards too :rotfl2:

YUM! looks good....But i would be way annoyed that it was pre cut too, I feel like it can dry it out real quick...

15 days! Totally jel!

I am so thrilled to have stumbled upon your dining report! I've enjoyed it so much and have subsequently gone back and read all of your previous reports, hah! Needless to say, I am now starving. Your family is the absolute cutest. I'm looking forward to more!

YM looks amazing as always! The porterhouse is a great value and your right feeds 2-3 easily. I can't wait to see the SW fireworks, we didn't see them in May as I thought they may scare Alexander, but next month are going to give it a try with him.

Loving this report so far...I just had to say that I don't think Shula's is worth it at all. It was good but, this may sound so ridiculous, the steak I had at BOG the next night far surpassed the one I had at Shula's. Crazy, right? I am going to have to try Yachtsman for sure though- those potatoes :lovestruc WOW that sounds delicious! and every time I read a new installment I want all the alcohol! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter