9 Magic nights in Norway 6/20/2015

will be joining all of you. We will be celebrating her 80th birthday a couple of months early (Celebrating my birthday on the Fantasy this October). We are staying in Copenhagen for two nights before the cruise on Marriott points. Still trying to figure out flights from DFW and return.

This trip is in answer to my question to her earlier this year (Keep in mind she lives in Hawaii and we both like the beach and warm weather) - she took me to Tahiti for my 50th. So I said to her that I would take her somewhere for her 80th - thinking Figi, Bali, maybe back to Tahiti but no - my mother said that Norway and the fjords have always been on her bucket list (this from a woman who routinely travels to South Africa for picture safaris and just got back from Viet Nam) - cold is on your bucket list - ok - here we go! Can't wait.

I booked our flights this week. Could have saved a bunch by doing it earlier. Now onto the hotel.

Norwegian Airlines has been by far the most inexpensive option for us. We also have a direct flight from Los Angeles to Copenhagen. I recommend looking into it! For our dates it was also cheaper than Iceland air.

just in case you want to see Copenhagen....the previews for the October 17 episode of the Amazing Race shows them in Copenhagen....

This will be #3 for us on DCL. I spent the summer between my Jr and Sr yrs of high school less than 10 mi from Olden. I cannot wait to show my husband, sons (10) and (7) this area that changed my life. My great-grandparents emigrated from the Gudbrandsdal valley, and even though Lillehammer is not on the itinerary, I can't imagine a better way to introduce my children to Norway.

We have a lot to celebrate on the trip as our youngest turns 8 and 2 days later is our 15th anniversary!

We are interested in the FE, but have never done them before. We are planning on getting into Copenhagen a few days early as it looks like an amazing place to explore.

:wave2:

3/2013 Dream
3/2014 Fantasy

to have to drop out of this cruise. Both my husband's and my jobs are looking iffy at the first of the year. Have to tighten the vacation budget or lack there of. Have a magical time.

My husband and I (Alan and Rachel) signed up for this cruise last month and are ready to join everyone on this fabulous adventure.

We plan on arriving in Copenhagen a couple of days early. We had a day there on our Baltic cruise a couple of years ago and have been wanting to go back ever since. We are looking at a day trip castle tour and maybe a food or bicycle tour as well.

Here's a vote for IcelandAir if you have that opportunity. We flew with them this past summer on our trip to Munich and the Alps. Good price, good service and Rejkjavik Airport was very easy to get around. It is small and well organized. The customs line moves very quickly and there are good options for food if you have some time to kill.

On to the excursion planning!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM. For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

We decided to book this cruise while on a Disney Thanksgiving cruise. We are really looking forward to it and bringing my mom as well. Two boys, 11 and 15, hubby, mom and me, thank goodness we have two rooms!

Can't wait to see the excursions lists - any advice about different ports and what to do or see? Would like to do some on our own but I'm not sure which ones will be easy to do.

Hi all! We are so excited to be on this cruise!!! Booked this last summer while we were on the Magic leaving from Venice to Greece. It was so fantastic, we just had to come on this trip. It will be my Husband Shawn, my son Kyle (8), and myself JaJa.

Cant wait!

Welcome everyone... I haven't been on the board for a while. We have finally booked our flights Whew.. since we are traveling from 2 different cities and wanted to do the international leg together, this got to be a bit difficult to book. Had heard it was best to do it at least 5-6 months out from the date.

Wish they would release the excursion information.

Hi guys! I haven't posted on disboards for years but wanted to meet everybody! We just booked on the 9 night Norway cruise and are so excited! I'm a 30 year old single traveling with my mom and dad. We are doing the airfare through Disney since we aren't very experienced booking with airlines - and flying from Alabama we won't have any direct flights. I can't wait till the shore excursions come out! :cool1:

Hi guys! I haven't posted on disboards for years but wanted to meet everybody! We just booked on the 9 night Norway cruise and are so excited! I'm a 30 year old single traveling with my mom and dad. We are doing the airfare through Disney since we aren't very experienced booking with airlines - and flying from Alabama we won't have any direct flights. I can't wait till the shore excursions come out! :cool1:

Did Disney give any indication on when excursions would come out?

Welcome! We looked at doing airfare through Disney, but unfortunately they would not guarentee us being on similar flights we are coming through 2 cities.
We did find it to be about $400/cheaper to book airfare on our own.

Did Disney give any indication on when excursions would come out?

Nope, I see they have Iceland's excursions up already so perhaps it won't be long!

I just hope we don't have any crazy layovers since we'll have to change planes at least once. I would have probably tried to book the air on my own but I think booking with Disney has made my parents more comfortable with the trip - they are skiddish about overseas travel.

Nope, I see they have Iceland's excursions up already so perhaps it won't be long!

I just hope we don't have any crazy layovers since we'll have to change planes at least once. I would have probably tried to book the air on my own but I think booking with Disney has made my parents more comfortable with the trip - they are skiddish about overseas travel.

They have had the Iceland and Oslo and copenhagen excursions up for a while, I keep waiting so we can plan.

When we looked into Disney Air, they gave us a quote and even gave us an idea of the flight we would have... They had us Changing planes in Houston and then flight on United to London and changing planes there. Our travel agent told us since we are from a smaller market, they like to look these in so why they had the flight information already. If they can get you to Orlando or Washinton or NYC there are direct flights to CPH.

We could not be more excited about this cruise. It will be me, my husband and our 8 year old daughter. We relocated to the Netherlands for a 4 year expat assignment from Houston so let us know if you need any help with a pre or post trip to Amsterdam. :dance3:

I would love to be part of the FE group. We have an 8 year old daughter (Harper). Thanks and let me know if I can help. We are over here in Europe so we can easily transport stuff to the ship

does anyone know what happens on a 9 night cruise. We have only been on 7 night cruises. I would assume that night 2 (SEA) would be Formal night. Hoping to find out what the 3rd night might be? Would like to book Palo's that evening, since it is our anniversary.

Just saw this thread. We are a family of seven. My daughter, age 43. Her daughter, 18 who will be going into her sophomore year st university of Illinois. She is looking forward to the 18-21 group who seem to have a lot of fun. You can agree to let the under 21s drink in Europe.

My grandson age 13 who will be going into 8th grade. Myself, my husband, both in our 60s. And our daughter, age 30 who has Down syndrome and her best friend, also with disabilities.

This will be our 16 the Disney cruise. So far we have done all the Disney European cruises, including Greek island cruise last summer. I have also done Alaska and Mexican coast on the wonder. Plus one each on fantasy and dream.

I would love to be part of the FE group. We have an 8 year old daughter (Harper). Thanks and let me know if I can help. We are over here in Europe so we can easily transport stuff to the ship ��

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward recently to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Many Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter