9 Magic nights in Norway 6/20/2015

GarakDS9

Traveling is my hobby
Never started a meet before. Hope this is the right way.

We are a family of three. Glen, Lori-Ann, and Alan (16). This begins a back to back for us as we stay on the ship to Iceland afterwards. Welcome all and enjoy the planning.

Link to booger 73 thread on Norway planning

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254799

/

Itinerary

1 Copenhagen, Denmark -- 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea -- --
3 Stavanger, Norway 8:00 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
4 Alesund, Norway 9:30 a.m. 5:45 p.m.
5 Geiranger, Norway 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
6 Molde, Norway 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
7 Olden, Norway 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
8 Bergen, Norway 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
9 At Sea -- --
10 Copenhagen, Denmark 7:00 a.m. --

FE volunteer robinsa88

We are Bruce & Gina and are booked on this cruise, platinum from Houston. Our son & dil & 3 grandchildren are booking tomorrow :cheer2:

We are Bruce & Gina and are booked on this cruise, platinum from Houston. Our son & dil & 3 grandchildren are booking tomorrow :cheer2:

Welcome.

Glad to have some company in here. Surprised by how quiet this thread has been today. I have been reading the first day pricing post and noticed this sailing conspicuously absent. The thread for our Iceland sailing is already a few pages long. Frankly, this itinerary looks awesome.

Glen

We will join you-myself, husband, and daughter (15). Leaving our autistic son at home with a sitter. Can't wait! Apparently, I have relatives in Stravanger so looking forward to seeing my heritage.
Elizabeth

Happy to join you all on this cruise! I am very excited to see so much of Norway. We saw some fjords during the last Baltic - beautiful scenery!

Anyway, we chose this over the 11 nights w/Iceland because my husband and I went to Iceland on our way home from our Med cruise last year. Iceland is great - but we'd rather spend our time/$ going somewhere else after this cruise. We will probably go to Paris and/or Amsterdam. Any one else have any fun pre/post cruise plans?

Hello kylmac and long_time_cruiser.

The first four families in a meet thread win a complimentary ride on the AquaDunk. Actually just realized in addition to the great itinerary this will be our first time on the re-imagined Magic. We've been cheating on her with The Fantasy but she'll always be our first.

Glen

I am also very excited to see the upgraded Magic. My husband HATES Parrot Cay so he is welcoming its transformation into Carioca's.

Lynda and Scott will be joining you on this cruise. We will be on the Magic this October so if you have questions about the changes, let us know.

Wow, I see a lot of "1st" in your signature. I think I see a pattern that matches this sailing.

Well my husband and I hope to be on this cruise. My TA is booking in the morning. We did our first cruise and honeymoon on the Wonder to Mexico in December 2012 (last one) and then I was on the Fantasy last year for spring break with my niece.

Oh I guess I should intro myself…

My name is Erica and my husband is Adam. I have always wanted to go on a Norwejian cruise, so excited it will be with Disney. I have sailed Princess and Royal and it is just never the same. I think I will always be a Disney cruiser. It was sad, but, I really missed not having the Disney music in the hallways :rotfl2:

Hi All,

We'll be joining you on this cruise. We're also doing the 11N Copenhagen to Dover via Iceland B2B.

Looks like 2 really great cruise itineraries.

Bob & Dale

Hi All,

We'll be joining you on this cruise. We're also doing the 11N Copenhagen to Dover via Iceland B2B.

Looks like 2 really cruise itineraries.

Bob & Dale

Hi Bob and Dale :wave2:

Linda (seaulater) and I will be joining you on this cruise as well as the 11N Copenhagen to Dover as part of our B2B2B2B...

We're joining as well. I'm impressed by you B2Bers :) Nice! I'm excited about sailing in/out of Copenhagen. Great excuse to spend some extra time there.

Well… My poor TA was on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes and sadly and considering the time on hold not surprising, did not get our first room choice (was hoping for a SPR). Anyway… we are on the boat for now in a 11B either 5 or 6th floor. We have a hold until the 30th so next step is of my husband to talk to his boss (his mom ) about vacation time. You would think it would be easy but sadly his mom is a stickily and does not want t o show favoritism. He is at -100 hours (from borrowing time for our honeymoon and anniversary) and has 40 hours left for the year, which means when 2015 rolls around he will have -60. I am hoping we can use 20 hours to off set a few days and that she will allow him to take one week unpaid ::crossing fingers:: Should know this weekend if we are for sure going :)

Hello kylmac and long_time_cruiser.

The first four families in a meet thread win a complimentary ride on the AquaDunk. Actually just realized in addition to the great itinerary this will be our first time on the re-imagined Magic. We've been cheating on her with The Fantasy but she'll always be our first.

Glen

Glen-I agree-we have sailed the most on the Magic and she is definitely our favorite! Can't wait to try the AquaDunk-although I admit I am having problems with heights recently so I might have to have my daughter tell me all about it. Too bad about our front row passes to the Aquadunk for starting this thread!
Sounds like a real great itinerary and places we have never been so looking forward to it!
Elizabeth

Booked! Got up early (4:45am in California!) to try for a SPH on this sailing, but like another PP, no such luck. We are in an 11a for this grand adventure!

We are - mom (40), dad (37) , DD (11) and DS (3 months! - 18 mos at sailing)

This will be our 4th Disney cruise we cannot wait! It will be my entire family's first trip to Europe (except me, who has been trying to get my DH to go the entire time we've been married!!) I haven't been to Norway (or Denmark for that matter) so I am excited about seeing 2 new countries!

PS - My DD said, "mom, if you do end up booking this cruise, can you tell me in a creative way"? Well, I guess I have a year to come up with something 'creative'.

Hope to 'meet' all the rest of you along the way.....

Well, I did it today! Myself, DH, ds9 and ds6 will be along. I loved a message Avery's mom wrote in another post about her daughter so excited about all the Frozen tie ins. My oldest is just excited about all the pretty girls excited and going WITH us on the ship! Forget the characters, he wants to flirt and play with the real ones. :)
I have also held the 7 night Norway cruise as I am awaiting the ABD details at the end of May. I'm hoping ABD lines up with this one, but I have a backup plan if it doesn't. I have seen Cousin Orville is another ABD fan, too! Maybe we'll get some great add ons. About to set sail on the Wonder B2B for 9 nights, so I'll get a feel for the length of this cruise. Our longest so far is Fantasy 7 night. Stoked for this one though!!!

Hi! We're in! Booked yesterday. We are my husband (Brian), daughter (will be 7) and myself. This cruise will be the second half of our first b2b. I've always wanted to see the Fjords and am looking forward to exploring Norway.

Let the planning begin!

Pam

Glad to see others on the b2b with the 11n repo to Dover. DCL is very sly about only repeating one port between the 11 and 9 night. When the new itineraries came out on Monday, I thought this trip would surely be the top seller but the repo through Iceland by far was the most booked.

We do enjoy doing the new (do DCL) itineraries. I think this is actually the 2nd Norwegian fjord cruise though this one has a couple of different ports of call. We are looking forward to it!

I assumed that DCL had visited Oslo on a Baltic sailing but I didn't know that they had already been to the fjords. If I had only known......who am I kidding.

Glen-I agree-we have sailed the most on the Magic and she is definitely our favorite! Can't wait to try the AquaDunk-although I admit I am having problems with heights recently so I might have to have my daughter tell me all about it. Too bad about our front row passes to the Aquadunk for starting this thread!
Sounds like a real great itinerary and places we have never been so looking forward to it!
Elizabeth

Picture it...falling down the AquaDunk as the Magic sails through a fjord making a close pass to a rocky wall. You'll think your cliff diving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter