9 Magic nights in Norway 6/20/2015

I have gone through my list and ranked them in order of importance. Do you know of any particular port or excursion that I should prioritize? We mostly go to the Caribbean.....so excursions are never something that I am anxious to book. Refresh my memory.... I need to log on and register first and then book my port adventures right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the more exciting limited adventures are not the ones we are shooting for since I'm traveling with DS 7 & DS 11, and we don't make most of the age cut offs.

Tough to answer which excursion to prioritize because it depends on what you want to see and how active you want to be.

Oh my gosh. I just read on a travel agent's website that the booking window doesn't open until 12:01 PST, so 3:00 on the East Coast. What to do? What to do? Stay up or chance going to sleep and not wake up on time? Decisions, decisions.

Oh my gosh. I just read on a travel agent's website that the booking window doesn't open until 12:01 PST, so 3:00 on the East Coast. What to do? What to do? Stay up or chance going to sleep and not wake up on time? Decisions, decisions.

I booked as platinum a few weeks ago and I was able to book at 12am EST - you may want to check at that time just in case.

The travel agent website was wrong! I got tired of waiting, so I refreshed the page and the booking window opened! Got all that I had wanted. Very excited.

I booked as platinum a few weeks ago and I was able to book at 12am EST - you may want to check at that time just in case.

Thank you long time cruiser. The refresh opened the booking options at around 12:20, so I was good to go.

I am traveling with 1 DS tween and one DS 7 going on 12. They would rather spend a day with me at Nordstrom in the shoe department than to be caught with Elsa & Anna. It's funny...they really enjoyed Frozen when it first came out, but once "Let It Go" became the anthem for every adorable, pink sparkly girl under the age of 12 they quickly renounced it in fear of perhaps having to turn in their man cards. When the prices were announced, it was clear we would not be participating, even tho I thought it sounded really cool. Let me know what you booked! I'm so excited to hear about it!

I booked the Iconic Norway by Bus and Train, Glacier Safari and Barbecue, Alesund Highlights, Iron Age Farm, and Trollstigen Mountain, the Path of Trolls and Leisure Time (so I could shop for souvenirs!). I figure I will probably not ever be going back to Norway, so I tried get as much variety as I could. What did you book? What did everyone else book?

Sounds fun! I know all port adventures leave at different times depending on the length....but did you happen to notice some typical departure times? Just trying to put together some ideas and alternatives. Thank you!

I booked the Iconic Norway by Bus and Train, Glacier Safari and Barbecue, Alesund Highlights, Iron Age Farm, and Trollstigen Mountain, the Path of Trolls and Leisure Time (so I could shop for souvenirs!). I figure I will probably not ever be going back to Norway, so I tried get as much variety as I could. What did you book? What did everyone else book?

I was able to get in at 12:01 and book.. I think the key is you can not be logged before 12Am, so I stay logged out and and log in right at 12:01. Got everything we wanted except Brunch on the last sea day.. We wanted for 3 people, lots of room for 2 but just not a table of 3.

Day 2 Palos Brunch
Day 3 Lysefjord By Land & Sea (SV08) start 11:45 - End 4:15 + Anniversary dinner at Palos
Day 5 Hike To Storseterfossen Waterfall And Westerås (GE05) Start 9:15
Day 6 Molde Folk Museum & City Tour (MO04) Start 1:15
Day 7 Glacier Safari And Barbecue (OL11) Start 11:15

Looks like we will be on the same thing in Olden! There will be a few of us from the meet on the Safari

I really wanted the path of the trolls, but not sure I could take the bus ride... You will have to let me know how it is. I told several folks the same thing on FB. watching the video's on Youtube has brought back memories of car sickness.

Sounds fun! I know all port adventures leave at different times depending on the length....but did you happen to notice some typical departure times? Just trying to put together some ideas and alternatives. Thank you!
is there anything you were thinking of and I could check the times.. I does depend on how many people you are trying to book.

I will go back and edit my post so they show the starting times.. I did not have any other time choices for my party of 4.

Thanks! I saw your revisions with departure times...that was very helpful. I think it's best for me to go into this blindly....otherwise it's gonna be a long two weeks worrying that I won't get what I have my heart set on. Does it appear that certain things besides Palo brunch are already sold out?

The times were all over the place. They ranged from 7:45 (Iconic) to 12:45 (Iron Age Farm) to 11:15 for (Glacier Safari). I can tell you the hours for specific tours if that would help your planning. Oh, I also got Palo's brunch on the first sea day and, it wasn't sold out. To clarify, brunch on the second sea day isn't sold out, it merely didn't have a table for 3 people. So, cross your fingers.

I was able to get in at 12:01 and book.. I think the key is you can not be logged before 12Am, so I stay logged out and and log in right at 12:01. Got everything we wanted except Brunch on the last sea day.. We wanted for 3 people, lots of room for 2 but just not a table of 3.

Day 2 Palos Brunch
Day 3 Lysefjord By Land & Sea (SV08) start 11:45 - End 4:15 + Anniversary dinner at Palos
Day 5 Hike To Storseterfossen Waterfall And Westerås (GE05) Start 9:15
Day 6 Molde Folk Museum & City Tour (MO04) Start 1:15
Day 7 Glacier Safari And Barbecue (OL11) Start 11:15

Looks like we will be on the same thing in Olden! There will be a few of us from the meet on the Safari

I really wanted the path of the trolls, but not sure I could take the bus ride... You will have to let me know how it is. I told several folks the same thing on FB. watching the video's on Youtube has brought back memories of car sickness.

I agree with logging in at 12:01. Also, if you log in and get the "Begin booking on XXXX", just refresh your screen and the booking window will open.

I didn't add it earlier (was focused on excursions), but we both also got Palo's brunch on the first sea day. I understand it wasn't your first choice, but, it's still "Palo's Brunch"!!! (love, love, love the Gorgonzola and Grape pizza). I booked Palo's dinner for the night in Geiranger. I thought the cruise out of the fjords would be beautiful from Palo's.

Really looking forward to the Glacier Safari. I thought paddling around a glacier lake was just awesome. I seriously considered the hike to the waterfall. But, I was more interested in the Herdalsetra Mountain Farm excursion. I grew up on a farm and I am interested in seeing one in another country. Plus, there is cheese tasting!

Looking forward to other people posting what they booked!

Thanks for the tips Stitch1313!

Because my kids are not old enough, we have been excluded from many excursions we would normally Do as a family....it seems Disney has gone to the extreme side of caution....
The good news is I don't think our picks will be in super demand...but you never know.
This is what we are considering:
stavanager old & new (sv03)
islands of Giske and Godoy with Light house tea break (AL03)
Dalsnibba viewpoint and fjord center ( GE01)
Coastal culture and viking experience (MO06)
Briksdal Glacier (OL01)

Because my kids are not old enough, we have been excluded from many excursions we would normally Do as a family....it seems Disney has gone to the extreme side of caution....
The good news is I don't think our picks will be in super demand...but you never know.
stavanager old & new 9am(sv03)
islands of Giske and Godoy with Light house tea break 9:30AM(AL03)
Dalsnibba viewpoint and fjord center 8:15am and 12:15am( GE01)
Coastal culture and viking experience 8:15 Am and 11:15am(MO06)
Briksdal Glacier (OL01)8:15am

I added the times I saw for these above in bold, with a family of 4 hope that helps.

I added the times I saw for these above in bold, with a family of 4 hope that helps.

Thank You so much for taking the time to look up those port adventures for me, that was so nice of you! I will admit that I am disappointed that there is only one departure time left for Briksdal Glacier. I am very concerned that there will not be much left by the time we are able to book. ( Age restrictions). I guess I will have to hold my breath and wait and see. You definitely helped me emensly. This really gave the the tools I needed to pause and reflect about alternatives.

stavanager old & new (sv03)
islands of Giske and Godoy with Light house tea break (AL03)
Dalsnibba viewpoint and fjord center ( GE01)
Coastal culture and viking experience (MO06)
Briksdal Glacier (OL01)

You're welcome lola1972! I'm glad someone was able to give you the times for the excursions you're interested in. Keep positive thoughts and log in at 12:01! :D

Just saw this thread. We are a family of seven. My daughter, age 43. Her daughter, 18 who will be going into her sophomore year st university of Illinois. She is looking forward to the 18-21 group who seem to have a lot of fun. You can agree to let the under 21s drink in Europe.

My grandson age 13 who will be going into 8th grade. Myself, my husband, both in our 60s. And our daughter, age 30 who has Down syndrome and her best friend, also with disabilities.

This will be our 16 the Disney cruise. So far we have done all the Disney European cruises, including Greek island cruise last summer. I have also done Alaska and Mexican coast on the wonder. Plus one each on fantasy and dream.
I will be 20 (turning 21 the following month) on the cruise. Disney has a college meet up on the first night! Make sure she goes to that, I plan on it! This is my first cruise that I will be in that "club", and I want to make sure that everyone who is in that age group shows up! :D

You're welcome lola1972! I'm glad someone was able to give you the times for the excursions you're interested in. Keep positive thoughts and log in at 12:01! :D

Hi Stitch1313!

If you have time...can you check the times for the following port adventures for a family of 4? Also, I have never been on a Disney Signature port adventure. Have you been on one and was the experience worth it? Any feedback would be fantastic!

THANKS!!!!!

Alesund- AL11 (Viking experience and Gioske church)
Geiranger- GE08 & GE06 (farm trips)

We are doing the 6/13 and 6/20 cruises. We are Heather, Jackson 5 and grammie. really looking forward to the trip. At the moment a little overwhelmed as I feel we are so far behind in planning.

Hello everyone! So excited about this cruise. I was just on the Magic last month again and can't wait to get back on! It's my favorite ship! For the FE, its just my DH and I. No kids this trip.
Kevin (DH)
Rachel (me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter