• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/23/06 Let's go!!!! Who's with us???

Happy first day of spring everyone!!!!
Ok, who's up for spring house cleaning???

No, not for me either. My house is all tore apart anyway.
I decided today should be a day of relaxation for me! :goodvibes
It is suppose to hit 90 here today :sunny:

I cant help but wonder if the first day of spring is going to be 90, what is summer going to be like??? :confused3

Scott, it sounds like you really got a soaking. We have some days where we get up to 4 inches and more in the summer months so I know what your going through. You must be very dedicated or a little :crazy: to march out in it.

Well everyone I hope you all enjoy the first day of spring where ever you are.

Kathy :wave:

I've been called crazy - but the rain was gentle and constant as opposed to just a flat out downpour on Sunday.

Today we have sunshine and 70's.

You gotta love those Florida springs. It sure beats a New York Winter.

I don't recommend spring cleaning at all. It just stirs up dust and bothers allergies! Enjoy your day of rest.

Happy Spring, Kathy and Everyone!

LOL, Scott. Good reason not to clean or at least a good reason to hire someone else to do it while you go away for a little break while the dust settles. When I'm well off enough, I think I'll take a spring cleaning cruise!
I hosted Mom's Night Out for our homeschool group last Friday, we were out most of Saturday and away overnight on Sunday, so our house is, for the moment clean. I did, however, vacuum and clean our van and the chicks' brooding pen.

If it's not too late and you have Rita's Italian Ice nearby, go get free Italian ice. For those who don't already know, they give out free cups of Italian ice on the first day of spring. We've gone for ours inspite of the 15 degree below normal temperature. The only year we've skipped this tradition was the year it was sleeting on the first day of spring. Just couldn't get in the mood that time. ;)

Did I share with the group that we have 28 chicks? They are 3 weeks old now. We were supposed to split the order up but the other families bailed on us! They are still living indoors but in a couple weeks should be feathered out and will be moved out of the workshop. Dh has part of the coop finished. It's a little bigger than I was imagining. Maybe, we will keep all 28 chicks. NOT!!

Is anyone setting up a little web page for our "group". Was that brought up before I came "on board" ?

Hi Monica,
Are you volunteering to keep track of us??? :confused3 No one has offered yet. So if you want the job it's yours, unless someone objects. :thumbsup2
It is great to have a list of people and some facts about them to study before we all meet. We have done this before and it really helps to know who is who. :grouphug:
If you want to do this, let me know and I will be the first to give you some information about us to start the list. :surfweb:
mom x4,grandma x4
kathy :wave:

Kathy, I know absolutely nothing about creating a web page. If there is someone here more capable and just as willing, let him or her have at it. Otherwise, I'll give it a shot. I never back down from a challenge. (Unless it's something really dumb like challenging me to drink raw eggs or enter a wet tee shirt contest).

Monica,
i have the same problem. i dont know how to do much of anything accept e-mail. So we will ask:

do we have any volunteers to keep a updated list of our group and eventually send a copy to each of us so we will know who is who???? :grouphug:

If we dont get any volunteers and you want to give it a try Monica, then go for it. Hopefully one of us will know how to do this, but it's not me. :confused3

Kathy

Hi, All. I found space on Yahoo for a little web page. There's the Pagebuilder program for people like me with 2 left thumbs. Dh said he'd help me. Don't expect anything slick! IF anyone else wants to do this, that's fine with me~~

Is March 20th the first day of spring every year? Or is it just because it falls on a Mon. this year? Well, the 20th marks 12 years of marriage for my DH and I :love: . It also was a wonderful spring day here, felt just like summer. :sunny: Full sun all day. So nice to have a sunny day after all of that rain.

Are your kids homeschooling Monica? My kids are and we enjoy it. We have a great homeschool group here so we feel lucky. Whatever type of webpage you come up with for our cruise will be fine. We are certainly not in any position to complain :p .

:lmao: Scott about spring cleaning being bad for allergies. I'll have to remember that excuse.

Thanks for keeping this thread bumped up so well Kathy :goodvibes . It is always easy to find.

Have a fun week all.

I hope everyone is doing well. My boys and I had a productive weekend. Despite Scott's warnings - we cleaned :)

The weather here is still cold - spring or not. Hopefully it will start to warm up over the next few days.

Florida 1st day of spring and 90 degrees?? Hawaii "felt like summer" and Texas "sunshine and 70"?? I am definately living in the wrong place. It is 22 degrees here in Michigan this morning...brrrrr!!

Monica -

A webpage sounds like a great idea. The Yahoo page would be great. Thank you for accepting the challenge. Do you want us to PM you with our info? What type of info are you looking for?

We watched the DCL special. Liked it better than the DVD. I don't like the fact that you have to navigate to different sections on the DVD. We are doing a pre and post cruise stay at WDW so we also watched the WDW Behind the Scenes special and tonight the Travel Channel is showing a special on the Animal Kingdom.

I am thinking about booking a massage - I usually try to go to the spa when I cruise. But I agree, the prices are high and the time is short.

I am getting ready to go work out. My goal is to lose 50 lbs by the cruise. I started in January and so far I have lost 25 lbs!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Hi Angela,
Wow, 25 pounds is a lot to loose already. You should feel great about yourself. :cool1: I'm sure you'll make the last 25 by the cruise too!!! :thumbsup2
I have had a problem with weight until the past few years. I lost almost 100 pounds at one time, but it was not by dieting, i was ill and lost it over about a 2 month period. That is the hard way to do it. I admire your will power. I know I could never have stuck to a diet. :stir:

Heidi, i'm glad you checked in with us, it has been a while since we had heard from you and Angela too. :wave2:

Monica, well that's 3 votes for you to try the web page. We are certainly not fussy about it. Just do what ever you feel good about and the rest of us will be grateful for all your efforts. :surfweb:
On past lists we have had the following information on them:

All is voluntary! People do not have to contribute anything if they are uncomfortable with it. :confused3
we had names, ages, state where we were from, room number, what # of cruise it was for us, late or early dining, if we were celebrating a special occassion on the cruise, stuff like that. If anyone can think of anything else that might be interesting let us know. Maybe if you have an interesting hobby that you would like to share.

Anybody got any ideas???? :goodvibes
Kathy

A Yahoo group is an easy "site" to set up. I did that for one of our previous cruises. It does not require much set up and is practically maintenance free. Group members add what they like and can post pictures, information and so on.

Happy Anniversary, Happy Spring, and well, happy snow?! Weather reports are crazy right about now. Allergies or not, I am happy it's getting warmer (OK - 22 degrees in MI does not qualify).

And yes, we did clean the house a little over the weekend.

I am soooo excited :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I reserved our hotel stay in Port Canaveral. It is a brand new hotel. The Residence Inn. We booked a two bedroom suite... :woohoo: It has two bedrooms, a living room with a sofa bed, two full bathrooms, a full kitchen, and Free breakfast and transportation to the pier. Got [what we thought] was a really good deal. Only $151 per night. :thumbsup2

Due to the time diffrence [3 hours] and the long flight [6 hours] and the 1 hour shuttle to Port Canaveral we are acutally going down on Thursday the 21st of September. :yay: Will get in late that night, and have all of Friday to relax, swim, rest etc... Then the next morning..DISNEY HERE WE COME!!! :goofy: :mickeyjum :tigger: :donald:

I went today to Home depot and got about 60 of the mouse ears paint samples. :earboy2: I read on the boards yesterday that some Home Depots are discontinuing the Disney paint..so they no longer had the mouse ears.... :earboy2: So I got them while I could...... :mickeyjum And of course while I was there I saw an AWSOME french fridge... I want it BAD :rolleyes1 lol but I DON'T want the price. I could not go on the cruise to get it..lol but I AM NOT STUPID!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: LOL

Well, i'm not spring cleaning today, but I am gonna go into the land of no return.... aka my girl's room...They are PIGGIES... :hyper: ::yes:: I hope you all have an AWSOME Tuesday....

Many :grouphug: and :love1: all.

I just got off the phone with Costco Travel. We have some friends for ours who are thinking of going with us..and they wanted me to try to find a good deal for a balcony room... :thumbsup2 So Costco tells me the rate...which seems somewhat high...but it was for a catagory 6 deck 6, for four people.. and the rate was $4159.20, BUT then the Costco agent says...."just so you know for future reference... As of April 1st 2006 Disney will NO LONGER sell any discounted cruises. :rolleyes2 The only way you can save $$$ is to either book directly with Disney BEFORE you get off your cruise...OR Book with AAA or Costco or someone who will give you shipboard credit. :confused3

I asked her what type of credit they were offering she said fthat Costco isn't offering [at this time] any shipboard credit, but they will send you a Costco Gift card. For instance if you book an inside stateroom you would get a $200 gift card, oceanview is $275, balcony is $350 and a suite is $500.

I then called our agent at Priceline who we booked our cruise with and she did confirm this "rumor"...and she said that Disney is also not gonna let any travel agents "give" part of their percentage to their clients. :sad2: And that the only way the agent could "gift" their client would be to add $$ to their shipboard account. If this is true then we might not be able to cruise with Disney as often as we would like. :furious:

Many sad :grouphug: to all.

That's a drag about the price of a DC being restricted that way but we'll just have to roll with it if we want our DCL fix. For us, I'm thinking it's going to be every 18 months to two years between cruises. That is if we make the kids pay for their own college education. JUST kidding.

Heidi, we're also homeschoolers. It's something dh and I agreed we'd do before we ever had kids. It's great but sometimes I fantasize about putting the kids on the bus and having the day to myself. I know that time, when I actually do have the whole day to myself, will come all too soon. This past year was the first time any of the kids had stepped foot in a school building and it was for a Cub Scout meeting. LOL. Homeschooling is common here. Where are you? Do you have a lot of homeschoolers in your area?

Webpage or yahoo group? Hmmm. Yahoo group would be a lot easier. I've done those before. Scott, was it well recieved when you did it on that other cruise? I think I might go set one up. From what dh says creating and maintaining a website can be time consuming.

Reservations. Oh, gosh, I haven't even considered where we're staying. You just reminded me that with 6 months to go, I should be doing this. Last time we stayed at the Ramada Inn. We liked that well enough. It was 119.00 for a regular hotel room. The shuttle got us to the port by 10:30, I think, maybe a little earlier. Breakfast was not free. The pool area was lovely but the rooms were so-so. Having the free parking was a factor since we'll be driving down. Is the Residence Inn the new place that people are talking about?

Oops, I thought I posted that I've created a Yahoo group. I don't see it. I wonder WHERE I posted it. :blush: Shoot me an email so I can send everyone invitations. I set it up as private. Don't need no spammers!

yazee1 Is the Residence Inn the new place that people are talking about?/QUOTE said:
:thumbsup2 Yes it is. The web page is http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MLBRI I called afor you nd they said "yes we have free parking for those going on the cruise...it is in a guarded 24 hour a day lot" :goodvibes So I hope that helps you.

Have an Awsome "American Idol.....Go Mendisa YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!" Tuesday Many :grouphug: and :love1: to all...

Thanks for doing that! Room is booked. We'll be able to park for free but the shuttle will cost extra. It still comes out cheaper than staying at the Radisson.

A new place to stay sounds exciting :thumbsup2 . I hope you enjoy the Residence Inn. We are getting into Orlando very late Fri. night, so we are all staying at the Hyatt. It will be so nice to just walk to our rooms and not have to catch a cab or shuttle that night. We will share a stretch limo to the port the next morning.

I'll PM you my email, Monica. Thanks again for being willing to set it all up. We are in Hawaii right now and this is the most homeschoolers we have ever lived near. My first born turned "school age" while we were living in the UK. Homeschooling was not common there. I actually didn't know anyone who was homeschooling while we lived there.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, Scott. I didn't do any spring cleaning but I did replace our mailbox. The old one had finally rusted a big hole in the top and our mail was getting wet :p . I picked out a rustproof white one with sea turtles painted on both sides. It really is cute!

Wow! 25 pounds gone, WTG :thumbsup2 . Are you just exercising it off, Angela, or are you eating special as well? Kathy, has it been hard keeping the 100 pounds off? I am happy for your success.

Heidi,
No problem at all, :cool1: in fact I have the opposite problem now, it's hard to keep it on. Go figure?? :confused3
Life can give you a few strange twists and turns. :rotfl2:

Remember everyone, :grouphug: that tomarrow when i go off line for several days, i am depending on you guys to keep us bumped up to the first page :thumbsup2 so anybody who may be looking for our date can find it easily. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kathy :wave:

We'll keep the thread rolling along - no problem there.

Yes, the Yahoo group did well enough. We basically used it for posting pictures so we would recognize one another. We actually were able to meet for dinner at a restaurant the evening before the cruise in Galveston, so the recognition was helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter