• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/23/06 Let's go!!!! Who's with us???

mom x4 said:
i go off line for several days, i am depending on you guys to keep us bumped up to the first page :thumbsup2 so anybody who may be looking for our date can find it Kathy :wave:

:confused3 I will help, but not sure what "bump us up" means? Anyone that can let me know how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it :thumbsup2

I hope everyone has an awsome Wednesday!! :goofy: :goofy:

many :grouphug: and :love1: to all.

sftnslky said:
:confused3 I will help, but not sure what "bump us up" means?

You just did it :thumbsup2

Anytime you post, it bumps up our thread to the top. Sometimes, you might not have much to say. In those cases, a poster might just post "bump" making fun of the fact that all they are really doing is bumping up their thread ;)

Wow Kathy. How confusing to have your body change it's mind on you. At least you can indulge yourself on the cruise without worry. Here is hoping that you don't get too thin, we want you healthy for the cruise :goodvibes

Okay, there are now two members of the yahoo group and one posted picture. LOL. I'll add whoever emails or pm's me.

Scott or anybody, what's an easy way to create a cheap and easy price list with pictures? I'm working on a list of rubberstamping and craft supplies I'm selling and I want to make a little catalog. I'm trying to do it in openoffice and it is so tedious!

Kathy, I hope your offline days go quickly. Will you be near the library? When I'm away or the computer's acting up, I go to the library to get on-line.

Yazee1,
I didnt think about a library. There is a library near by, I have seen it on line, however I have no idea where it is. I dont know any street names yet. I will have to buy a map or check out map quest while I still have service. Thanks for the tip!!!
Kathy :wave:

strawberryblonde said:
Wow! 25 pounds gone, WTG :thumbsup2 . Are you just exercising it off, Angela, or are you eating special as well?

Thanks Strawberry. I am actually doing a modified "Biggest Loser" diet. Modified meaning I'm not working out 4 - 5 hours a day :)

When I first started I was working out 1 - 2 hours in the evenings and 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday but it got to be too much and I found it hard to motivate myself to go workout.

Now I aim for a minimum of 30 minutes everyday. Sometimes it's more but at least if I do 30 minutes I feel like I accomplished my goal versus feeling like I have to endure another hour and a half on the elliptical.

I have also changed the way I eat. I have given up all white foods - no potatoes, no pasta, no flour, no rice and no sugar. Unfortunately I haven't been able to give up salt. :confused3

I basically eat fruit, vegetables, low fat dairy and lean protein. So far it hasn't been that hard. I have endulged myself on occasion. I ordered a small order of McDonalds french fries a few weeks ago. They were a little cold but still they were the best fries I had ever had. I was tempted to rip apart the bag so I lick the remnants but I was able to restrain myself!!!

Monica -

I sent you a PM with my email address.

Well, I better sign off now. I hope everyone has a great night and a MAGICal tomorrow!!!

I sent out 2 more invitations. I hope you got them.

I'm going to take a little Scrabble break. Any Scrabble players in the group? I love it. I almost brought my board with me on the cruise last year.

yazee1 said:
I sent out 2 more invitations. I hope you got them.
I'm going to take a little Scrabble break. Any Scrabble players in the group? I love it. I almost brought my board with me on the cruise last year.

:love: I LOVE scrabble.... In fact there is a great online game... on pogo.com its called qwerty. Its very challenging. If you bring a board on the cruise I will play with you :thumbsup2

Have a great Thursday everyone.

I've played querty. If you want to play scrabble on line with me go too www.isc.ro . Download Wordbiz. My username is yazee1 . It's strictly scrabble and it's amazing. Players range from "just for fun" to real life NSA champions. I'm there daily (or nightly). Let me know if you sign up.

Well TGIF gang - it's been a long week, so I am not at all sad to this one pass.

With all the hubbub about the Mazgic heading to Europe in 2007 is anyone considering that trip?

It's not something we can do. The cost is WAY high and frankly DCL is getting out of touch. We've sailed other cruise lines. While DCL is a mgnificent product, it's just not cost prohibitive when you can get terrific products with more ship and itinerary choices at a greatly reduced cost. But if a fairy godmother planted a check in my savings account... :)

Hello all!! :wave:

I too am happy this week is over. That means we are one week closer to our cruise! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I looked at the prices for the summer 2007 repo cruises and we will not be sailing. The cost is WAY out of my price range. I wish I could afford to go though. I definately want to go to Europe and I would prefer to cruise than fly but I can not swing it.

Maybe after Scott's fairygodmother deposits a check into his account, she can swing by my bank too :rotfl:

I hope everyone has a MAGICal weekend!!!

P.S. - I hope Kathy and her husband don't work too hard. I know it will be worth all of the work once they are all moved in.

Euphscott said:
With all the hubbub about the Mazgic heading to Europe in 2007 is anyone considering that trip?

:lmao: :rotfl2: No Way, Scott! Got a house that needs a roof, dh's car has over 200,000 miles on it, kids heading for braces in the next couple years, a money pit of a rental property, a tax bill, etc, etc.

Even if we didn't have a financially stressful couple years ahead of us, that's a huge chunk of change for a family of five. I'd rather have that money in the college and retirement funds.

Angela - that sounds like alot of exercise! I am taking off the last "baby" pounds by exercise myself. I try for at least 1/2 hour 5 times a week of walking on the beach. No wonder my scale is moving very slowly :rolleyes: . You are doing a great job, keep it up.

I knew there wasn't much chance of DCL going to Hawaii in 2007, the stronger rumor was for Europe, but I still was hoping. A non-American flagged ship can sail round trip in 10 days from Honolulu down to Fanning Island. That would have meant no airfare or travel for us and I was ready to jump on it. They will probably do Hawaii once we have moved away :guilty: .

At least I am not tempted by the med. cruises. Too far for us to fly (half way around the world for us right now). I like to spend as much time on Disney's ship as I can, too much to see in Europe = too much time off of the ship. I would rather do a road trip through France like we did when we lived in England. I am so excited about our upcoming cruise, I wouldn't change it at all :Pinkbounc !

It's Saturday! Grey, drizzly day here. I'm imagining....six months from this moment.... :)

To my weight-losing cruise mates, I only made it to the gym 2 X this week. I'm a loser of the L-on-the-forehead variety. My goofly little dd wants to do our pilates tape together after I finish my cataloging project. (I'm selling all my rubber stamping supplies of the last 12 years. It's very temping to Ebay them but I don't want to pay both Ebay fees and Paypal fees, so I'm doing it the hard way. )

If anyone's around, I hope you're having a great day.

Well the weekend is winding down. Getting ready for the work week :sad2:

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Monica -

Don't sell yourself short. Don't say you "only" made it to the gym 2 Xs. Say you went to the gym twice this week. Think positive and focus on what you did and not on what you didn't do! Two workouts are certainly better than none.

Strawberry -

You sound like quite a world traveler. You lived in England, traveled through France and now you live in Hawaii - wow!!! i want to be like you when I grow up :thumbsup2

About the exercise, if you are walking 30 minutes 5 times a week, you are getting the recommended amount of exercise. And I would suspect that walking on the beach (in the sand) would make it more challenging!!! Keep on walking and I'm sure you will see those pounds melt away!!

We miss you Kathy. Hope all is well on the new home front!!

Have a MAGICal week everybody!!!

Howdy everyone, :wave2:

I am back on line faster than I expected. :surfweb: On friday the technician was in the neighborhood so he dropped by and asked my husband if he wanted to get hooked up on friday, so he of course said YES!!! :Pinkbounc But I have been way too busy to get on line until now. We are 98% unpacked, mostly china closet breakables(disney stuff) to unpack. I am so glad it is done with the move. I'm pooped!!!!
I will still be very busy for a couple more days, since my washer and dryer wont arrive until later today I have a ton of laundry to do. But by the end of the week I should be doing pretty good. Then I will start painting 4 1/2 bathrooms. I like to paint and I will take my time so it wont be that bad. :goodvibes

Now I can get down to cruise stuff. i saw a scrap booking store yesterday that I will investigate to see if they have any cool stuff to put on my door signs. It will be next week before I can get back there because this week I have to scout around for new living room furniture to show my husband this weekend, and then to buy!! YEAH!!! It saves time if I check out stuff first.

I have my priate costume pirate: but need to look for a couple of new shirts for the cruise. I will get to disney in a couple of weeks and see if they have anything new or id I need to see about making my own again. :confused3

You guys did a great job of keeping us bumped up. :thumbsup2 Thanks!

We have been down in the low 40's at night the past 2 nights and 60 during the day. Bbrrrrrrrr!!!!! That is cold for us. But it's suppose to be getting warmer starting tomarrow. :sunny:
Well I have lots to do, just wanted to check in with everyone.
Kathy

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kathy, I'll be back to read your post. Sounds like there's a lot going on there.

I just wanted to let you all know I didn't forget about setting up the database. I threw something on there but It's not how it's going to stay, and it is accessible to members to add info.

BBL!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell you that I found another family that will be cruising with us on cruise critics. :cool1: I invited her to join us here on the dis boards. :teeth: I dont know if she will :confused3 ,but at least I got the invitation out to her. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thats all for now,
kathy :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter