9/23/06 Let's go!!!! Who's with us???

We all had a great cruise! I loved every minute of it...up until ds10 got sick as a dog. We had just hit the family beach on CC when he said he didn't feel well. He hit the bathroom and threw up so we took him right back to the room. He spent all Friday alternating between throwing up and sleeping. For the safety of others we did keep him in the room all day and just debarked the next day without breakfast in order not to "spread the love". He was fine by Saturday morning. So we figured it must have been a fluke. Come Saturday night and my middle son was throwing up during dinner (again came on quickly with no warning and bad stomach cramps). Come Sunday morning he was 100% again. Then Tuesday on our long drive back home (we were at a Disney resort after our trip) our youngest ds got sick. Again...he was all better by morning.

It was my poor oldest ds who had it the worst. Not that he couldn't have picked something up in Mexico (we were at Paradise Beach for the day)...but he didn't eat or drink anything in Mexico other then that which we carried off of the ship (bottled water, Pringles containers and a bunch of granola bars...nothing that would have spoiled and all were still sealed and bought in the US before we left).

Anyway, if there is a number to call...I would love to have it. Not that I blame Disney...I thought the measures they took to ensure that germs did not spread were awesome!! I just would like them to know in order to help (maybe just maybe it would help) prevent a future outbreak.

I hope everyone had as wonderful and magical a trip as we did! We really enjoyed it!

Hi Everyone,

Please call to report 1800 951 3532

Just maybe they will compensate for everyone lossing out on castaway cay

baci said:
:sad2: Hi Everyone,

Well I have just had an opportunity to sign on for the 1st time since returning from our cruise.

the cruise was wonderful however my 3 1/2 year old little girl got sick on Thrusday and was sick the rest of the cruise. Then on Saturday right before getting on the airplane to go home she got sick again. It was so stressful going home , she never gets sick and it scared her to death!! She screamed for approx 30 minutes straight.

On Sunday I had to take her to the hosptial because she then got a bad bug , her throat was raw, she was soo sick. She went to see her doctor on Monday again and the doc said it seemed like she got two things, the stomach virus from the ship and then a seperate cold.

2 days later , I got it. And now my husband has it. I wish Disney would have posted something stating how many got sick, I called them on Sunday and they said they did not have ANY reports of anyone getting sick on the 9/23/06 ship. I coulndt imagine we were the only folks since she NEVER gets sick.

I wonder if Disney will do anything about this situation since it was so rampent
Funny - I DID go to the on-board Dr on Friday morning. But, mine was nothing stomach related. I had terrible conjestion and BAD sore throat with fever & such. I missed out on half the great food and a LOT of fun. (But, we DID have fun before that & DH & kids had fun without me!) I also stayed IN the room as much as possible after I got sick. I really didn't want anyone else to catch this thing. Stoopey sickness lasted until YESTERDAY! Sheesh! Bad timing, eh?

I don't know if I posted this already, but none of us got sick which is amazing considering all three kids were in the Club and Lab as much of the day as we would let them and Scott's family, who got hit with the bug, were tablemates with us. With all the musical chairs at the dinner table, we were in close contact with all three members of their family. I wonder if Angie and her two kids got hit with the bug.

I was thinking the same thing about the stairs. I refused to touch the handrails because of the germ factor. I agree that DCL is great about cleanliness. I felt at times they were even agressive about shoving wipes in the passenger's hands. I know someone can be infectious before they feel ill, but I wonder how people who felt ill or were ill or who had a child who was ill refused to stay in their own room because they didn't want to miss __________ (fill in the blank).

I'm very sorry for those of you who got sick, but I'm glad to hear you had a great time except for that. We did too. I'm too tired to continue writing my trip report right now. I've been packing boxes most of the day. I still can't believe we're moving. The buyers for our house are in a big hurry to get in here. I sure hope dh has found us a house or apartment to rent until we find a house!

We booked a dummy date for September 2007 but we'll move it later to September 2008. That's a whole year before I can even get a ticker. :guilty:

Looks like I've missed out on all of the post-cruise chat :guilty: .

We just got in late last night. Three flights in a row, not so much fun :sad2: . It feels so good to be back home! We should get over the jet lag quickly, this is the easy direction.

I'm really sorry to read about all of you that got sick. My 14 year old sister-in-law arrived with a slight cold from CO. That stupid cold made it's rounds through all 10 of us over the next 2 weeks. I was the last to catch it, just 2 days ago, so my ears had trouble clearing and I had trouble hearing on our flights. It isn't even a bad cold though, so I can't complain. I would much rather have this cold than what some of you had to go through.

I loved our cruise! It was fun running into APB, Monica, Veronica and Lori all over the ship. Lori, your girls are beyond adorable!! Everyone here has cute kids, mine included, but Lori's girls are total angels. I was ready to steal the little one, I tell you! It was also nice to meet some of the rest of you, I just didn't bump into you much after that :confused3 .

You say the nicest things, Monica . You are making me blush. I'm glad that I could be of help, and that we bumped into each other when we did (all of the times!). You and your DH were such fun at brunch, it wouldn't have been near as wonderful without you. The kids all loved the goodies you left on our table for pirate night, thank-you so much for that. My in-laws can't believe how I made such good friends on the internet. You impressed them and they no longer think I'm quite as crazy as they first thought.

I've read on these boards that most people advise taking the cruise after a stay at WDW. Save the relaxing for after the running around. Because of dates and time off issues, we did it in reverse. I was wondering how that would go. Because of our reunion situation, it worked out for the best. The cruise gave us a relaxing, fun, not too rushed week to gel as a family. I haven't seen my BIL's family for 2 years. There has been some tension there in the past over differences in parenting, I'm sure some of you can relate. It was great to have the dinner every night together and then the freedom to do our own things during the day. At least half of the time, we did things together, but we didn't HAVE to. We loved our stingray tour with Capt. Bryan's. Small group, we made up half of it. Great boat, two water hammocks. Our kids used one of them the entire trip. Everyone kissed the stingrays and "held" them. The water was bath warm and clear, wonderful snorkeling. I loved Grand Cayman and would like to go back someday.

We got off the ship on SAt. and starting on Sun. we did one park each day for the next 4 days. The in-laws took off on Thurs. AM for home. We were able to step it up to make sure they saw everything they were interested in their short first trip to WDW. We saw Spectro-magic parade, wishes fireworks, illuminations, and fantasmic. We ate dinner at California Grill, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi Dine In and Hoop-de-doo Revue dinner show (night AK closed at 5pm). This was all covered by the food/dining plan that came free with our rooms. Counter credits covered lunches and snacks with no trouble. We had cereal and milk in our rooms for breakfasts. We paid cash for the kids meals at CG to make up for the double credits needed. Great value on the dining plan, but way too much food. You just have to not finish everything on your plate, which goes against my upbringing but I have learned.

Kids loved space mt, splash mt, thunder mt, rocknroller, tower of terror, mission space, soarin and expedition everest. My DD didn't do RNR or TOT but loved everything else. We did MS full throttle and the kids adored it. I'm glad that we had the cruise time to bond and get into a rythym with one another before we went park stomping. It also gave the in-laws a chance to see how well my plans work out. They were totally trusting and just took all of my advise once we got to the parks, made for smooth days. We took turns pushing MIL in a wheelchair and we didn't need strollers for any of the kids. First time stroller free in 9 years!!! What freedom! DD did hitch a ride on DH's shoulders a few times. I am so proud of her legs.

This has gotton long. I'll check back to see if there is anything else to chat about.

I posted some photos on our yahoo groups. I'm not sure how to post photos here. I would love to see some pics from the rest of you from our cruise.

Hi Heidi -

Welcome back to the boards. I didn't realize you were doing the parks after the cruise. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for two nights after the cruise and went to the Animal Kingdom on Saturday and MGM Studios on Sunday. Unfortunately, I could not take advantage of the free dining because we were only staying two nights. :sad2:

Glad to hear your group made it home safe and sound!

strawberryblonde said:
I loved our cruise! It was fun running into APB, Monica, Veronica and Lori all over the ship. Lori, your girls are beyond adorable!! Everyone here has cute kids, mine included, but Lori's girls are total angels. I was ready to steal the little one, I tell you!
Heidi, Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment :love:

Lori -

I love the photo!!! You have such a beautiful family!!

I am still going through the 400+ photos I took on the trip. I did purchase a package from Shutters so I will post some of those pictures when I get home today.

It's funny but this morning I was driving to work and I saw a license plate with the letters "PLA" and the first thing I thought was "Oh, they are on the Parrot Cay, Lumiere's, Animator's Palate rotation". :rotfl2: Boy do I miss being on the Magic!!!

I hope everyone has a "Magic"al day!!

APB513 said:
Lori -

I love the photo!!! You have such a beautiful family!!

I agree. That's one of the best photos I've seen. If we had more of that quality from Shutters, I would have not cancelled my Shutters package. As it was, dh's pictures were as good or better than the ones of us I saw on display at Shutters so I cancelled the package and blew the money in Mickey's Mates. LOL

It's funny but this morning I was driving to work and I saw a license plate with the letters "PLA" and the first thing I thought was "Oh, they are on the Parrot Cay, Lumiere's, Animator's Palate rotation". :rotfl2: Boy do I miss being on the Magic!!!

LOL. Ditto on that. My friends took me out for a going away dinner at what is considered a nice restaurant around here. The service was nothing like what we had on the Magic.

Heidi, we had a head cold make the rounds here, too but to a very mild degree. I'm glad to hear we've done our part to enlighten your skeptical family members about the social and mental fitness of at least some of the people one meets online. LOL. I am in total agreement that brunch would not have been nearly as wonderful without the company of you and your BIL and MIL.

I can't wait to see the pictures on the Yahoo group. After we move, we'll have time to edit and post ours.

Lunch break over. Got to get back to packing!

Thanks Angela and Monica :sunny:

Monica I was sorry we didn't get to meet on the cruise, I was looking forward to meeting a fellow homeschooling Mom.

Angela, you only too 400+ pictures? I took over 1100, and I bought two packages from Shutters and still added on. :rolleyes1 I ended up with 49 pictures from Shutters. I will have to post some of them, I was thrilled with the quality of them.

I don't have many resized and hosted yet, but here are the few I do have
Courtney at CC
courtCC.jpg

and Courtney and I
mecourt.jpg

I will try to get some more of my favorites done soon.

LoriS said:
I took over 1100, and I bought two packages from Shutters and still added on. :rolleyes1 I ended up with 49 pictures from Shutters. I will have to post some of them, I was thrilled with the quality of them.

1100 pictures? Wow Lori you were busy!!

Unfortunately my camera is not the best so the quality of the pictures I took is not that good. I was also very impressed with the quality of pictures from Shutters but they didn't have very many pictures of the boys or else I would have purchased more.

Heidi,

I heard about the earthquake in Hawaii today. I hope you and your family and home were not harmed. If you see this, let us know how you are, please.

Just got internet service back. I shouldn't be awake, but our house alarm (when it came back online) decided to call an ambulance for our residence and the call to double check woke me up out of deep sleep.

It is raining so hard outside, sounds like a flood. We were already awake when the first quake hit, a little after 7AM. I've been through one very similiar in southern CA, so I said right away "it's an earthquake, I didn't know they had those here?" The kids enjoyed it and cried "Do it again! Do it again!" and so we had a big aftershock as an encore. Our old house is "post and pier" construction, it felt like we were going to slip right off our posts. you could hear/feel the entire house shaking and making noise. Nothing broke, no damage that we know of yet, will have to check out the foundation.

We were without power all day, over 12 hours without. We went to bed around 8:30PM, brushing our teeth to flashlight. I think the lights came on around 11:30pm, I got up to turn them off and to check the computer, but no internet or phone at that time. It is quite surreal to read about it on the CNN webpage.

I don't know how much food I'll have to get rid of tomorrow out of the freezer/fridge. Ate a lot of fruit, sandwiches and ate up all of the ice-cream yesterday. We wished it had happened on a Wed. instead of a weekend day. No traffic lights were working all day yesterday and drivers were so polite and helpful with one another. That makes you feel good, to see how nice we can all be when something like this happens. It got dark around 6pm last night, so we took the kids into the car with pillows and had a "drive-in movie" on the car's DVD player. We watched the 3rd Harry Potter movie.

I didn't realize that you were in WDW as well Angela. Too bad you couldn''t have had the free food too. That was a nice perk, we loved it.

Your pictures look wonderful, Lori. There is that cute little Courtney that I wish I had stolen!

Thanks for thinking of us, Monica. Not such a bad disaster for us, I'm hoping people will come out of this OK. I'll check back in again when I'm not so sleepy. Take care all.

Good morning everyone :sunny:

Heidi -

Glad to hear everyone is OK.

That is good news that all is well. Some of the pictures we are seeing of Hawaii are just amazing. That's not the paradise we are used to seeing.

Here's hoping that this is the end of it and you can get everything put back together quickly.

Heidi, I am glad to hear all is well with you and the family. Sounds like you made the most of all the trouble and even had some fun. :goodvibes

Thanks for the report, Heidi. Any property damage? I hope not. :( Sleepy, I can relate to that. It's almost 1am. The movers come on Friday morning. I've been packing almost nonstop for two weeks. I was trying to figure out why it seems like it's taking a lot more time and energy this go round. Then, I remembered I didn't pack last time, the company that hired Warren paid for the move. We found a house to rent. It's not the greatest situation but it has a huge garage (Warren's primary requirement) and a couple acres of land. Yeah, we get to take the chickens with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter