9/23/06 Let's go!!!! Who's with us???

Nobody sick in my party!!!!!.......My DS(12) said the best part of the cruise was the food (he ordered from the adult menu)......Neither one of my children 11&12 went to Oceaneers Club....to them it is daycare so they have no interest.............I would love a cruise when everyday is at sea so I could explore the whole ship.......seems like everyday I was off to another port and gone all day .............we did have a great time.....my DS came home and started looking at rates and dates....but I can only do DCL with the Florida Resident discount otherwise it is too much $$$$$

PMelhorn,

Our DS3 started the stomach ache and vomiting last night. Our last night we were sitting in studio seas and a preteen girl sitting in front of us says "Mom I need my barf bag". She was that sick and out around everyone. Sure enough 48 hours later our son is sick!

We got home about an hour ago. I just looked at my ticker and it says "9 days since DS's B-day cruise". :sad2:

I can't believe how quickly the trip went by. But we all had a fabulous time!!! :thumbsup2

A big shout out to Michelle (Memickee) and Kristin -

Hey ladies -

The boys and I had fun hanging with you at MNSSHP and during the cruise. Kristin is such a sweet, polite young lady!! She was a pleasure to be with!!!

Another shout out to the Meet and Greet crew -

Hey everybody -

I got the chance to meet Veronica (VPalmer), Suzy (SJCSuzy) and her husband, Lori (LoriS) and her husband and Heidi (Strawberryblonde) at the Meet and Greet on Saturday. It was fun seeing them throughout the cruise and waving "Hello".

I tried to meet Monica (Yazee1) at dinner. Heidi mentioned they had early seating and it turns out we were on the same rotation. But the night I was going to introduce myself, I got sick and missed dinner. Sorry I missed you Monica!!

I'll post more about our trip later, but right now I am beat. I just wanted to stop in and say "hi".

mmhouse said:
PMelhorn,
Our last night we were sitting in studio seas and a preteen girl sitting in front of us says "Mom I need my barf bag". She was that sick and out around everyone. Sure enough 48 hours later our son is sick!

Lovely! :furious: We want to share the love, not the germs! I'm sorry to hear so many have come home with more than memories and souvenirs. We took the Auto Train home and I recognized two families on the train from the ship. One boy was obviously suffering from a stomach bug. As the father and son were passing my seat, I overheard his dad asking him if he had to throw up again. Yikes! We relocated to a different car.

APB513 said:
I tried to meet Monica (Yazee1) at dinner. Heidi mentioned they had early seating and it turns out we were on the same rotation. But the night I was going to introduce myself, I got sick and missed dinner. Sorry I missed you Monica!!

Oh goodness, all those times we were in the same dining room and didn't know it. I was wondering what happened to you. As it turned out Valerie's table was near ours. When we were in Animators, I was seated at our table but looking directly across from her at hers. She probably thought I was staring at her. LOL.

I'm sorry you were so sick on the ship. It's starting to sound like in spite of DCL's best efforts, some nasty germs made the rounds.

Sorry to hear several of you are sick. We haven't gotten a stomach bug, but we do have colds.

We had a wonderful time, and hated to see it end. We are already thinking about the next one, which unfortunately most likely won't be for two more years.

It was great to be able to meet some of you and see you throughout the cruise. I was able to meet Angela (APB513), Heidi (Strawberryblonde), Veronica (Vpalmer) and Suzy (SJCSuzy). I loved being able to say hi and have conversations as the week went on.

Lori -

I have to tell you, your daughters are adorable. They were so sweet and so well behaved. Even while waiting for the trolley in Key West in 90 degree heat, there were no meltdowns, no tantrums.

I have a head cold, no stomach flu (thank goodness). I think it was a combination of getting caught in the torrential downpour in Cozumel and sitting directly under an air conditioning vent during an hour long DVC presentation.

Thankfully, the boys did not get sick.

APB513 said:
Lori -

I have to tell you, your daughters are adorable. They were so sweet and so well behaved. Even while waiting for the trolley in Key West in 90 degree heat, there were no meltdowns, no tantrums.
Angela, thanks you so much. It really means a lot for you to say that. It was great being able to meet you family too. I know I saw your older son around the ship a lot, he is quite the handsome young man.

LoriS said:
We had a wonderful time, and hated to see it end. We are already thinking about the next one, which unfortunately most likely won't be for two more years.

Well maybe we'll get to meet on the next go-round. We're also planning to another cruise in two year years. We rebooked onboard to get the cabin credit, but we'll be changing the dates when the time comes to do so.

OMG the time diffrence is KICKING our booty... Three hours to Flordia then one hour back then one forward, then three back.... UUUUGGGG. And with a 9 hour flight to and from....NOT gonna do that again.

We didn't get a chance to meet anyone, but I know that we were down the hall from a few of you. If any of you were walking down deck 2 aft...we had the three matching doors with 4 magnatic sings on them...One was of Dh's mother who recently passed away. One was of Mickey and Minnie in western garb, and one was of Lumpy the huffalump, and one was of peterpan flying of the ship. If you saw them let me know. We had early seating... Plaplap rotation....tables 11 and 10 that were put togehter for all the family members.... We had EXCELLENT servers... Toney and Ranzel [sp?]..and our state room host Lynden was SUPER.

I am gonna go check out any trip reports you all might have written yet.... I'm not so sure i'm gonna write one...We only had a so so time, and am not sure we would do Disney again...so I am SURE we are the minority. BUT I hope you all had a WONDERFUL time.... Hugs and kisses to all.

LoriS said:
Angela, thanks you so much. It really means a lot for you to say that. It was great being able to meet you family too. I know I saw your older son around the ship a lot, he is quite the handsome young man.

Oh Lori please don't let him hear you say that!! He already knows he looks good and he takes every opportunity he has to tell everyone around him! :rotfl:

Becca,

I hope you recover soon. That sounds like a really tough return trip. Please write a trip report. Knowing what really goes on, good and bad, is helpful. Some pictures of your trip would be really cool. One of the times I ran into Heidi we were trying to figure out what you might look like and who to look for.

Speaking of Heidi, I want you all to know she saved my life Saturday morning during check in. I was standing in line waiting to check in when she recognized me and said hi. It took me a few seconds to recognize her because I was in the midst of an attack of plummeting blood sugar and I could hardly concentrate or barely stand. She offered me an organic, high protein energy bar with bueberry and flax seed. I confess Heidi. I don't like blueberries, but at that moment though, I loved them. Two huge bites of that bar and I was escalated into complete alertness and improved health.

Our family has taken the bug. Brooke thre wup as were taking off and over the weekend it hit the rest of the family. Ugh...I am the last to get rid of it. That is NASTY stuff. I don't ever want this again!

But if that is the cost for taking a terrific cruise - maybe so...
What a great week of good weather and smooth seas. I usually suffer some motion sickness, but have not had any issues during or post cruise. My hat is off to the Captain for that!

I didn't realize so many other people were sick. Dh and I started with it Saturday afternoon right after we got home from the ship. DH was back on his feet by Monday but it kicked my booty for 3 days. I am still eating soup. Did everyone in your household get sick? I thought it was odd that DD did never got it.

Kim

Our entire house got it. I am still struggling a little with the transition back to real food.

This was NOT the stomach virus that I have picked up before around the office. Those come and go quick with not so much teeth. But this one was rough.

I feel so bad that most of you got sick. :sad2: I hope you are all about over it now. For the first time I am glad we had to change from this cruise to another one!! :confused3

I am sending lots of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:
your way and some nice thoughts and prayers you will all be 100% soon,

your old friend , Kathy :wave:

:sad2: Hi Everyone,

Well I have just had an opportunity to sign on for the 1st time since returning from our cruise.

the cruise was wonderful however my 3 1/2 year old little girl got sick on Thrusday and was sick the rest of the cruise. Then on Saturday right before getting on the airplane to go home she got sick again. It was so stressful going home , she never gets sick and it scared her to death!! She screamed for approx 30 minutes straight.

On Sunday I had to take her to the hosptial because she then got a bad bug , her throat was raw, she was soo sick. She went to see her doctor on Monday again and the doc said it seemed like she got two things, the stomach virus from the ship and then a seperate cold.

2 days later , I got it. And now my husband has it. I wish Disney would have posted something stating how many got sick, I called them on Sunday and they said they did not have ANY reports of anyone getting sick on the 9/23/06 ship. I coulndt imagine we were the only folks since she NEVER gets sick.

I wonder if Disney will do anything about this situation since it was so rampent

Hi everyone,

I would encourage any family that got sick on the ship to at least call them and tell them that. I just now called again and she said we have no info that there was a GI outbreak on our ship no other families have called us; she gave me a website of which I will be writing too.

I think its important for disney to document these events to help prevent them.

Up until Bella got sick, we had a wonderful time. it really is magical!

Baci, do you know which number I should call? I have a few numbers for DCL. I would have thought Disney would have notified us that so many people were sick. We were vigilant with hand washing (and of course the hand wipes) but maybe had we known there was an outbreak, we could have been more careful? The one thing I would have like to see was a hand sanitizing station by the stairs. I have a hard time with stairs and have to use the hand rails which I think are just crawling with germs.

I'm really sorry your DD got sick. It seems mine lucked out and did not get it.

Kim

Hi Kim I called the 1800 951 3532 and then I sent an email but it wont let me include it in my response here.. call the number and get teh email to gues communications

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter