8 Night Magic out of Galveston Cruisers

DH, DD (9) and myself, taking 1st ever cruise on Magic. Welcome all recommendations. Will also be celebrating DD 10th bday on board!

Luet02 said:
Thanks so much! I figured that it must be on the sea days! I'm so looking forward to doing this!:cool1:

Is it held in one of the MDR's?

Thanks,

Natalie

In studio sea unless they've moved it since November.

another question: when did you make your reservations for WDW buses? is it after FP? online? thanks!

You can make the reservations online, when your booking times for activities becomes available.

BUT, unlike other excursions, there will always be an opening for the buses. You may not get that early time out (6:15), but you will be on a bus. You can book it while on the ship and not have to worry. You can kind of play it by ear, what park you want to visit first, and sign up the day prior. If the weather isn't looking promising, or you change your mind, it's not a big deal.

As well, they have you sign up in advance, I think it's just to know how many people want to leave early for each park. They weren't checking the pre printed tickets for transfers.

Looks like u don't get to stay at WDW parks late enough to see fireworks?? 930 seems early to leave if ship is in port till 1245am?

You can definitely see the fireworks and catch a bus back to the ship. We were at the stop outside Magic Kingdom about 10 minutes before 9pm hoping to catch the 9pm bus, but one had already left and we had to wait about 15 until another bus got there. We watched the fireworks while waiting and boarding the bus. By that time a long line had formed behind us and Disney was calling for more buses to come to MK.

One thing to note...We were repeatedly told that the bus schedule wouldn't change even if the park hours were extended. The last bus leaving MK was scheduled for 9:30 even though MK's hours were extended until 10pm.

How does it work with the WDW tickets. Do they just deliver the tickets to each room with the transfer passes?

PrincessShmoo said:
Your KTTW card is your ticket, from what I've read.

I read that also it is loaded on the ship card. Only you can't charge back to the ship so remember cash or a card when you disembark for the day.

Your KTTW card is your ticket, from what I've read.

I read that also it is loaded on the ship card. Only you can't charge back to the ship so remember cash or a card when you disembark for the day.

These are correct. Your park hopper is already on your ship card (KTTW card), so that's all you need to get into the park and to get Fastpasses. You cannot charge anything onto your shipboard account while at the parks. Also, they request that adults have some form of ID with them to get back on the ship. They checked our IDs before allowing us onto the bus back to the ship.

Another bit of info about WDW day. The night before, you should get 4 photopass cards in your stateroom. If you have photos taken at WDW by any photopass photographer, you can then view and/or purchase those photos at Shutters on the ship. Normally Photopass and Shutters photos are completely seperate, but in this instance they've combined them.

Our 2 Princesses said:
I think the ship as a whole looked really good. There seemed to be alot of outside painting going on when we were at port. Our stateroom looked decent but the couch definitely needs replaced and the shower/sink side of our split bathroom needed attention. At one point we came back during the day and one of the faucet handles was laying on the sink broken. Someone did fix it though while we were at dinner. The floor in that bathroom was in bad shape too. There had been some major water damage or something because the floor felt "soft" in a certain place and a couple tiles were lying there unattached to the floor. Other than that, everything on the ship looked pretty great. :)

We had a similar problem with our floor on the Wonder a few years back.We were moved to another room and it was repaired for the next guest.

The Alice teas were not listed on the Navigators. Guest svcs gives you tickets to these events. We went to Guest svcs right after boarding and I saw others doing this as well. We went to our tea on the first Sea Day but had a choice of the 2nd and 3rd sea day as well. I believe it was at either 3 or 4 pm. Sorry! Can't remember. It was super cute; even our teen dds enjoyed it. :)

Is it tea or apple juice and cookies? And was it with Alice?

Thanks!

These are correct. Your park hopper is already on your ship card (KTTW card), so that's all you need to get into the park and to get Fastpasses. You cannot charge anything onto your shipboard account while at the parks. Also, they request that adults have some form of ID with them to get back on the ship. They checked our IDs before allowing us onto the bus back to the ship.

Another bit of info about WDW day. The night before, you should get 4 photopass cards in your stateroom. If you have photos taken at WDW by any photopass photographer, you can then view and/or purchase those photos at Shutters on the ship. Normally Photopass and Shutters photos are completely seperate, but in this instance they've combined them.

so how much was the photo disc if you got pics from the park and shutters????

also...we have to have birth certificates to clear cstoms...do they let you take that stuff back to the cabin or do you have to carry it around all day???

txaggie94gigem said:

also...we have to have birth certificates to clear cstoms...do they let you take that stuff back to the cabin or do you have to carry it around all day???

My guess would be to carry it, you will need it to reboard.

lovetotraveltx said:
Is it tea or apple juice and cookies? And was it with Alice?

Thanks!

We had apple juice and chocolate chip cookies. Alice and the mad hatter were both there. He was funny! They also pick 2 kids from the audience to join their party. :)

The photo CD, with ALL your pictures was $349.....if you wanted the printed copies as well, than it was an extra $75.

IF you choose the CD with all your pics on it, then the Disney ones would be included. IF you choose to pick only 10 or 20 digital files, then you were choosing between the ship photos and WDW.

As well, if you are getting off the ship, and clearing customs, then you will have to take your BC with you. I don't even know how it would be possible to try to clear customs, take the card back, THEN get off the ship. As you would have to clear again. Also, you need it to get back on. They are checked in Port Canaveral, and Key West.

As well, if you are getting off the ship, and clearing customs, then you will have to take your BC with you. I don't even know how it would be possible to try to clear customs, take the card back, THEN get off the ship. As you would have to clear again. Also, you need it to get back on. They are checked in Port Canaveral, and Key West.

Do you need your BC or passport if you're from Canada? ( when you're exiting the ship at PC, not to take the cruise)

Thanks,

Natalie

I am from Canada. Americans can get through US customs with a BC and Photo ID, but anyone else, Canadians included, will need a Passport if we have to clear customs.

Make sure you keep those bags secured to you at the parks, it would be a bad thing to loose.

The photo CD, with ALL your pictures was $349.....if you wanted the printed copies as well, than it was an extra $75.

IF you choose the CD with all your pics on it, then the Disney ones would be included.

Do the pictures on the CD have the same borders as the prints?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter