8 Night Magic out of Galveston Cruisers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by cruisecrasher, Jan 26, 2013.

1. dismom73

dismom73 <font color=darkorchid>It's an illness, I know!<br

We have never made it to the dining room on the morning of disembarkation. We always go up to topsiders for breakfast, that way we can take our time and stuff ourselves silly before we go back to the real world. ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

After 6 cruises we have decided that breakfast the last morning is too much work for us. We'll be picking up some fruit and cereal the day before to have in our room.

4. MiceFan

MiceFan I like this place

Thanks for all the responses! I have been reading that some kids were given the choice between clubs but had to stick with that choice throughout the cruise while others reported that their kids were allowed to switch between clubs as desired. My oldest will most likely want to go back & forth, so this is great news, thanks again! :thumbsup2

5. Texan920

Texan920 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the password

6. Texan920

Texan920 Earning My Ears

Will email you soon, I was not aware that I have private message from you, silly me lol...saw that today and jogged you a quick one but it at the end I was told that I do not have enough post to send pm. Sorry about that.

7. MAD4EEYORE

MAD4EEYORE DIS Veteran

Ah that's ok I understand! Just whenever.

8. barrey

barrey Earning My Ears

Thanks very much HippoHappy!!

9. I❤MICKEY

I❤MICKEY DIS Veteran

Character questions...

My DS loves Toy Story. Wondering if Woody, Buzz or Jessie were available to meet on the ship? If not we will try to see them at WDW.

Any characters you were surprised to see on the ship?

Did anyone have their little ones in the nursery? Was there any character interaction?

Both my boys love the characters.

10. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

No Pixar characters to meet on board.

Saw Peter Pan last cruise and Goofy in Texas duds.

11. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

I don't know about in the nursery. But in the clubs they have lots of stuff with characters. Chip, Dale, Mickey, Hook, green army guy, Belle and Snow White all were in the club on the Magic last November.

12. PrincessAbby'sMom

PrincessAbby'sMom DIS Veteran

A few questions - never cruised before, so bare with me please! :)

Breakfast & Lunch - is it "your on your own" as to what restaurant you want to go to, its only Dinner that you have a rotation of dinning rooms?

Also - Key West, someone said there is a Free Trolley?!?!?! Where does it go? Are there many stops? We may be taking my parents with us & my Dad can't walk far, so wondered if there are many places for us to pick it up at.

Thanks!!

13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Yes, dinner is the only assigned table/time. For breakfast/lunch, besides the buffet, one of the MDRs will have a buffet, and another one will have sit-down table service. Just check your Navigators for the hours that breakfast/lunch is being served in these locations.

14. JoeHiking

JoeHiking Earning My Ears

Bummer:(

15. JoeHiking

JoeHiking Earning My Ears

Thank you for the post. I had the same question.

16. dismom73

dismom73 <font color=darkorchid>It's an illness, I know!<br

It has been awhile since my youngest was in the Nursery, and she only went in I think twice that cruise, but yes, characters came in and took pictures with them and played games for a little bit. The pictures were posted on the wall and you got to keep them for free. I'm not sure if it still works the same way though.

17. NikkiFB

NikkiFB Earning My Ears

I don't know if there's a free trolley that goes around the island... I'd be surprised if there is, since there are companies doing it for $30/ticket.

The free ride we got was a Disney-arranged shuttle from the ship (at the Navy pier) to Mallory Square. It was a nice little ride in one of the Old Town Trolley vehicles, but no stops or anything; it did pass a few Key West landmarks and the driver gave a little description along the way.

You can look up the websites for Old Town Trolleys and the Conch Train (both of which DCL has official excursions with--but easy to do on your own). They have extensive info about the route/stops. There's another hop-on-hop-off company too but I don't know the name...

18. SnipsNSnails

SnipsNSnails DIS Veteran

19. MAD4EEYORE

MAD4EEYORE DIS Veteran

Has anyone that has returned done a trip report yet?

I'd love to read it to get myself even more excited for my upcoming cruise in March

20. NikkiFB

NikkiFB Earning My Ears

I've thought about doing one but am daunted by the task!!! Have you checked out the "I Love Comedians with Guitars" one??? She includes a ton of AWESOME pics and details all the scenery of the ship and food, etc etc. Talk about getting excited for the trip---even though her excursions were different, all her amazing ship pics got me really jazzed for our cruise!!!

21. HappyGrumpy

HappyGrumpy DIS Veteran

How full did the ship feel?

We all know that the Magic is going into dry dock this year but curious to know how she is looking and feeling to everyone?

For those who were on this cruise would you do this cruise again. Regardless of your answer would you tell us how you reached that conclusion?

Still looking at the May 10 cruise but we gotta do taxes first:rotfl:

HG