8 Night Magic out of Galveston Cruisers

We stop at castaway cat, Bahamas before wdw. We will need to clear customs since coming from a foreign port

Sea, sea, castaway Bahama, port Canaveral, sea, key west, sea.

For key West and castaway day, you will need kttw and a photo is to reboard ship. All ports required ship I'd and picture is to get through the gates to the ship.

Last time I checked, Key West was part of Florida...therefore definitely not a foreign port!! :rotfl::rotfl:

LOL! Whoops..I meant Castaway Cay..and ok I see it now as since you go to CC BEFORE PC you need to clear customs THERE. DOH!

We just got off the Feb 15th 8-day sailing and had an excellent time. We really had a breeze with all entries and exits from the Magic. We were a party of 2 adults and one 11 year old, with only birth certificates. On the first day we had a later port arrival, and got to port around 1:30 and there were no lines whatsoever. We walked right up to an agent and I presented our birth certificates and 2 drivers licenses, and within 5 minutes we were headed onto the ship.

At CC, bring your KTTW and photo ID. We waited a few minutes to get off the ship as we were down early and first off, but once they opened up the lines the process was quick. It was very easy getting back on too.

At Port Canaveral, EVERYONE on board must exit the ship and go through customs, even if you plan to stay at the ship all day. The cruise director said to head off the ship 20 minutes before your scheduled bus departure to allow for going through customs. We had our birth certificates and ID's in tow and headed off. We encountered no lines and went right to an open agent. Disney has managed this process well, as I'm remembering at least 12 agents. The agent took a quick glance at our papers and bid us a pleasant day.

Key West was the same as CC, just your KTTW card and ID's are needed. Be sure to have your ID's, that is mandatory. They had trams of all sorts waiting to take you to Mallory Square. The ship docks at the Naval Pier and you cannot walk through the secure naval yard so you must take a tram. On the way back, security boards the tram as it enters the naval yard to check everyone's ID's, then you need you KTTW card to reboard the ship.

On the last night a customs declaration form is left in your cabin that must be filled out prior to leaving. When we headed out, that is all we had to give to the agent and that was just as I was walking past them, I did not even have to stop. We had second breakfast and headed off the ship at 9AM. At that time there was NO line at all to get off the ship. It was very easy and stress free.

The only process that was a little hectic was how you queued up for WDW arraigned buses back to IAH or Hobby. There was no signage that I saw and the cast members also seemed a bit under informed as to what was going on.

That aside, most of the processes of moving guests on and off the ship were very well managed.

FSU88 said:
We just got off the Feb 15th 8-day sailing and had an excellent time. We really had a breeze with all entries and exits from the Magic. We were a party of 2 adults and one 11 year old, with only birth certificates. On the first day we had a later port arrival, and got to port around 1:30 and there were no lines whatsoever. We walked right up to an agent and I presented our birth certificates and 2 drivers licenses, and within 5 minutes we were headed onto the ship.

At CC, bring your KTTW and photo ID. We waited a few minutes to get off the ship as we were down early and first off, but once they opened up the lines the process was quick. It was very easy getting back on too.

At Port Canaveral, EVERYONE on board must exit the ship and go through customs, even if you plan to stay at the ship all day. The cruise director said to head off the ship 20 minutes before your scheduled bus departure to allow for going through customs. We had our birth certificates and ID's in tow and headed off. We encountered no lines and went right to an open agent. Disney has managed this process well, as I'm remembering at least 12 agents. The agent took a quick glance at our papers and bid us a pleasant day.

Key West was the same as CC, just your KTTW card and ID's are needed. Be sure to have your ID's, that is mandatory. They had trams of all sorts waiting to take you to Mallory Square. The ship docks at the Naval Pier and you cannot walk through the secure naval yard so you must take a tram. On the way back, security boards the tram as it enters the naval yard to check everyone's ID's, then you need you KTTW card to reboard the ship.

On the last night a customs declaration form is left in your cabin that must be filled out prior to leaving. When we headed out, that is all we had to give to the agent and that was just as I was walking past them, I did not even have to stop. We had second breakfast and headed off the ship at 9AM. At that time there was NO line at all to get off the ship. It was very easy and stress free.

The only process that was a little hectic was how you queued up for WDW arraigned buses back to IAH or Hobby. There was no signage that I saw and the cast members also seemed a bit under informed as to what was going on.

That aside, most of the processes of moving guests on and off the ship were very well managed.

We are on the March 1 sailing. DCL told me we dock at pier B not the NAVY pier. We have a scooter, are the trams accessible as big as the buses at Disney? With very limited time in Key West we need to avoid delays and don't want to hold up the lines waiting behind us.

We are on the March 1 sailing. DCL told me we dock at pier B not the NAVY pier. We have a scooter, are the trams accessible as big as the buses at Disney? With very limited time in Key West we need to avoid delays and don't want to hold up the lines waiting behind us.

Pier B is also called WESTIN PIER B, I believe, and it had a RCL ship there while we were there, which is why we were at the Navy Mole Pier.

It looks like Pier B is right by town and trams are not needed at all, you can access town by foot or your scooter directly.

If you do end up docking at the Navy Pier, I'm sure some of the trams they use are accessible. They were using the Conch Tour trams, the City Trolley cars and some mini buses.

disneyfan19712006 said:

Ok we were on the feb 15 cruise with my mom that uses a scooter... they have a trolley that is accessible. .. we had to wait 15 min after getting off the boat while they called for it... not bad at all... then there was a LONG line when it was time to return to the boat... I was nervous cause I didn't know how long it would take too get the accessible one... but they had staff and when the accessible one came around they pulled us out of line to load... it was a very painless process! Also on the wdw day if the person on the scooter can go up a few steps they li ad the scooter under the bus so you don't have to wait on a handicap bus but be sure to go to port adventure before to tell them about the scooter. .. then 2hrs before you plan on leaving you call to tell them where you are so they plan on you and are not left!

graysonsmom said:
Ok we were on the feb 15 cruise with my mom that uses a scooter... they have a trolley that is accessible. .. we had to wait 15 min after getting off the boat while they called for it... not bad at all... then there was a LONG line when it was time to return to the boat... I was nervous cause I didn't know how long it would take too get the accessible one... but they had staff and when the accessible one came around they pulled us out of line to load... it was a very painless process! Also on the wdw day if the person on the scooter can go up a few steps they li ad the scooter under the bus so you don't have to wait on a handicap bus but be sure to go to port adventure before to tell them about the scooter. .. then 2hrs before you plan on leaving you call to tell them where you are so they plan on you and are not left!

Thanks we will be putting it under the bus. I can make the stairs to the front seat okay.

For those who were on the 2nd 8-night cruise out of Galveston & studied the navigators posted by the 1st round of cruisers, did you notice any changes to the schedules?
Thanks!

The show order was a little different. I don't have the navigators handy but Villains Tonight was on our Castaway Day instead of the day before, what I can't remember is whether the magician was night 2 and Twice Charmed night 3 or vice versa. The other thing that was slightly different was there was a 2:00 matinee show every day except for boarding day, last sea day (Friendship Rocks was at 2:00 that day) and just like the other navigator there was a 2:00 showing of Wreck It Ralph on Wed. instead of a matinee of that night's performance which was a ventriloquist/comedian on our sailing. We loved the 2:00 shows since we have younger children and had early seating. I'm sure there were other minor differences but nothing that stood out to me.

How much was the Rainforest Pass for the week? Did they have a couples special?

We did the rainforest couples pass last week, but I can't remember the prices. They had basic singles pass, basic couples pass, and then they had a single pass with body scrub to use in the steam room, and a couples pass with body scrubs to use in the steam room. Then they also had a couples pass that included the scrubs and the rasul.

If I had to venture a guess I am thinking that the couples passes ranged from about $189 to $205, but don't quote me on that.

We also waited to get the pass until the second day and it was about $10 less.

We got the couples pass for $178 on embarkation day. I think the singles pass was $99.

They give you a sticker to put on your KTTW as a proof you have the pass. Mine wore off after about 2 days but by then they recognized you so it wasn't a big deal.

Thanks for this thread! I just booked the 8 night cruise that leaves in 3 weeks so I have lots of planning and homework to do!

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter