6 kids under the age of 6 take on WDW, will Santa still visit when we get home?

Great update!! I haven't ridden Dumbo since I was itty bitty. Might be time to go back. Don't you just love the moments in WDW that cause you to flashback to your own childhood? Those are my favorite. And now you're giving the same gift to your kids! :goodvibes

I haven't ridden any of the fantasyland rides since I was 5 or 6! I guess its a good thing that DH & I have a whole day planned at MK in March... we skipped it entirely on our last two trips (one a weekend trip primarily for the Food & Wine Festival, and one a short 3-day stay at the start of our honeymoon, before our cruise).

Great update!! I haven't ridden Dumbo since I was itty bitty. Might be time to go back. Don't you just love the moments in WDW that cause you to flashback to your own childhood? Those are my favorite. And now you're giving the same gift to your kids! :goodvibes

Hey Christine...looky here, I figured out Mulit quoting...thank you!!:goodvibes
You have to ride Dumbo again....borrow a kid if you have too, lol! It's fun and the view is so pretty!! But you're right, it's so neat reliving your childhood again through your children, I think that's why WDW is sooo special to me, my DH never went, his first trip was our honeymoon in 2000 and now we have our own memories but I can still flashback and be 8 again there....it's so magical!!:wizard:

I haven't ridden any of the fantasyland rides since I was 5 or 6! I guess its a good thing that DH & I have a whole day planned at MK in March... we skipped it entirely on our last two trips (one a weekend trip primarily for the Food & Wine Festival, and one a short 3-day stay at the start of our honeymoon, before our cruise).

Ahh yes, plan a day there for sure and ride some of the rides in Fantasyland..no one will look at you funny as an adult going there..we loved them on our honeymoon!!:love: It's what it's all about, you know? I"m going to check our your TR, congrats on your wedding!!!:goodvibes

We haven't done Dumbo since our second trip. It was nice to see it through your children's eyes. Love the wild animal pic! I've got to remember that one this summer.
Either Peter Pan or the Indy Speedway are our first MK rides with the children every time. I dont' think they'll ever get too old for those.

We haven't done Dumbo since our second trip. It was nice to see it through your children's eyes. Love the wild animal pic! I've got to remember that one this summer.
Either Peter Pan or the Indy Speedway are our first MK rides with the children every time. I dont' think they'll ever get too old for those.

The Wild Animal cart was cute...very appropriate for all of our children.:rotfl: And as you can see, they were wild, since we couldn't get them to even look at the camera!! LOL!

So, we had lunch at Pinnochios haus, it was a decent countermeal, nothing to write home about, but good (sorry, can't remember what we ate!!). The kids were happy and I toped Ethan off with some cold meds and saline to keep him going, he was feeling the affects of traveling the day before and the cold for sure at this point. :sick: But he was hanging in there...we had been counting down the days to this trip and he wasn't letting it stop him. :yay:

When we came outside from lunch it was gloriously sunny and warm and it just felt good. I sprayed all 6 kids down with sunscreen and we mapped out our next plan of attack. We didnt have dinner ressies until 5:35 at Tony's Town Square so we had some time to kill, it was only about 1 p.m at this point. We decided to head towards Frontierland, Ethan, Lucas and Zach all decided it was time to see Jack Sparrow and POTC. So off we went.... here are some pictures on our way....

Here is Ethan, Lucas and Zach

Disney1208048.jpg

oops, Ethan on his hiney....
Disney1208050.jpg

and Lucas (needs a lift!!)

Disney1208051.jpg

and one of Todd and Cole....poor Cole, this is where he decided to get his nap this afternoon, he's SUCH A GOOD BABY!!!:cloud9:
Disney1208049.jpg

We decided to do The Magic Carpets since they were on the way and the kids were all excited when they saw them, it was fun, we had never done them before and for LL, its definately a longer ride than Dumbo,check out all my pics!!

The boys waiting ever so patiently to ride
Disney1208053.jpg

Disney1208054.jpg

Our boys
Disney1208055.jpg

Tracey, Adam and kids
Disney1208056.jpg

Disney1208057.jpg

Disney1208059.jpg

Adam and I taking pics of us taking pics....lol!:rotfl:
Disney1208063.jpg

and the views.....its pretty over there..
Disney1208058.jpg

Disney1208060.jpg

Disney1208062.jpg

From there we decided to grab fast pass for the Jungle Cruise since there was a 40 minute wait! We headed to the Tiki room to take a load off and have a snack. I really think the Tiki room is cute. I think theyve changed it again since we were there last September. Its an oldy but goody, I liked it as a kid..."In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room, in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room where the birdies sing and the flowers grow in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room!" It went something like that, didn't it?:confused3 Anyways, its cute and something different to do. The kids enjoyed it, too. Now it was time for the Jungle Cruise... here is a pic of Tracey and I waiting since we were still a bit early for our fastpass...

Disney1208064.jpg

Okay, time to download some more pics to my photobucket, hope you're all enjoying yourselves so far and thanks for reading and thanks for letting me relive my trip!!:goodvibes

I am going to have to try Aladdin's Magic Carpets out, I love to get a look at all the scenery from that viewpoint.

I love the Tiki Bird song! :goodvibes

Hi Kristen, I love reading about your trip! Your kids are so flippin cute! I can't wait to read more! As you know, I leave in 8 days and I CAN'T wait! I'll be waiting for your updates!:cool1:

:banana:
Hi Kristen, I love reading about your trip! Your kids are so flippin cute! I can't wait to read more! As you know, I leave in 8 days and I CAN'T wait! I'll be waiting for your updates!:cool1:

Hi Melissa!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the compliments. I know how excited you are for your trip, I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thanks for reading!!
ttys!
Kristen:flower3:

Another great update and pics! Love the one of Cole napping. Boy I miss being able to fall asleep anywhere! :laughing:

Oh and :cheer2: for multi-quoting. :)

Hi Kristen

I finally found your TR. I have tried many times to click on the link at the bottom of your siggie and have not been successful. Today, I saw a post from you on another thread...Bellasmommy...she is the other Disboard member that I had met when we were all there. Anyways, I noticed it looked different and IT WORKED!!! I didn't want to tell you, again that I couldn't get it to work and appear clueless.:rotfl: But, it finally worked...I'm so excited!!! I just went through all ?6 pages. Looks great...LOVE all your pictures!!! You and Tracey look like sisters. You look great in your pictures...no one likes their own pictures! You got some great aerial shots from Aladdin. I just mentioned in my TR that I tried to do that and was not very successful. What sweet pictures of your DH and Cole, sleeping...and you, with Cole sleeping. He's cute in all of the pictures but, just looks so angelic when he's asleep. You could feel your excitement when you were anticipating meeting up with your friend...you're a great writer. Can't wait to read more...hoping we find that we passed each other at some point. We were at DHS, on that Monday...so we won't find that on the 8th...we'll see how the rest of our weeks play out. I finally started my TR...I love writing it so far...it's really fun to relive the week. Well, off to clean the basement. Talk to you soon.

Hi Kristen

I finally found your TR. I have tried many times to click on the link at the bottom of your siggie and have not been successful. Today, I saw a post from you on another thread...Bellasmommy...she is the other Disboard member that I had met when we were all there. Anyways, I noticed it looked different and IT WORKED!!! I didn't want to tell you, again that I couldn't get it to work and appear clueless.:rotfl: But, it finally worked...I'm so excited!!! I just went through all ?6 pages. Looks great...LOVE all your pictures!!! You and Tracey look like sisters. You look great in your pictures...no one likes their own pictures! You got some great aerial shots from Aladdin. I just mentioned in my TR that I tried to do that and was not very successful. What sweet pictures of your DH and Cole, sleeping...and you, with Cole sleeping. He's cute in all of the pictures but, just looks so angelic when he's asleep. You could feel your excitement when you were anticipating meeting up with your friend...you're a great writer. Can't wait to read more...hoping we find that we passed each other at some point. We were at DHS, on that Monday...so we won't find that on the 8th...we'll see how the rest of our weeks play out. I finally started my TR...I love writing it so far...it's really fun to relive the week. Well, off to clean the basement. Talk to you soon.

Hi Leighan!!

I'm SO glad you found me!! And could finally get on to my TR, too!! Not sure what didn't work, but I'm sure it was something I did since this has been a learning experience for me write this and I"m sure there has been/will be some quirkiness to my TR!! LOL!:rotfl:

Thanks for all of your compliments, this has been fun so far for me! Like you said, it's been fun reliving it!! Can you believe it's been a month already since we went?!!:sad2: Time is going by soooo fast!! But I guess that means we're just that much closer to our next trips...whenever they might be!!:yay:

I can't wait to see if we crossed paths during our week there or if it was just the one time...we'll get to that later.....don't want to ruin any surprises!!:rolleyes1

Thanks for reading and glad I got to read your TR today, too!!

Happy new year!!
Kristen:flower3:

So we left off waiting to use our Fastpasses for The Jungle Cruise, we finally made it aboard and had a fun ride. Our captain wasn't the funniest one we've ever had...she had some pretty bad jokes, I found myself really forcing myself to "laugh"...even smile at some points. Which surprised me, but maybe I was just tired at this point in the day?:confused3 The kids really liked the ride and all of the animals and suprisingly enough, I didn't take one picture!!! Sorry but if my memory serves me correctly, Cole was a bit of a handful at this point, he was up and down and all around and Mommy was on duty now. :dance3:

After the Jungle Cruise, we decided to head back through Frontierland and towards our dinner location, slowly. We decided to stop at The Country Bear Jamboree and watch that show, we always like this show and all the kids did, too. It's entertaining....

As we continued to walk through Frontierland, we decided to see if the Haunted Mansion was ready for us. This took some convincing for Zach and Hailey to ride...they were very nervous, but were good sports and we went for it. It had a 20 minute wait, but we had time before dinner, so we went for it. I rode with Hailey and Zach and they clung onto me for dear life through this ride, but were ready to ride again when it was all done. Gotta love HM, it's a classic!

At this point, it was time for dinner at Tony's Town Square. We were ready to have some down time and a good meal and call it a day....our dinner ressie was at 5:35 p.m and they were ready for us! popcorn::

We had an enjoyable dinner, Tracey and I had the chicked parm and Todd and Adam had the sirlion, I'm not sure if they chose that because it sounded good or because it was the most expensive thing on the menu? :confused3 They were giving Tracey and I a hard time getting chicken and pasta cause it was the least expensive meal on the menu and we paid for the dining plan. :rotfl:

We had a great surprise when we finished dinner....coming up next!!

As we walked out of Tony's we had a wonderful surprise!! It was the Spectramagic parade! We had never seen this before and as we walked out the streets were lined with people but somehow we lucked out and had a great view from the steps of Tony's. :cloud9:

Here are some pics....they aren't the best (sorry!), we aren't great with night pics!!
Disney1208065-1.jpg

Disney1208066.jpg

Here is a picture of Todd holding the boys....he was sweating so badly and was ready to fall over holding Lucas on his back and Ethan in the front, but the boys were happy!!;)
Disney1208067.jpg

Disney1208068.jpg

Disney1208072.jpg

Disney1208074.jpg

Disney1208075.jpg

Disney1208076.jpg

Minnie!!
Disney1208077.jpg

Disney1208078.jpg

As the parade was finishing up, we decided we better head out, the park was closing at 8 and it was about 7:30 or so and we didn't want to get stuck in all the crowds so we made our way out as quick as we could. We were all tired and we had a great first day!:love:

By the time we got back to Pop, Cole was asleep and so was Zach, it was time to call it a day. When we got into our room, this is what we found...

Disney1208080.jpg

and here are some pictures of poor sleepy baby Cole, Lukey put his "ears" on him....lol!!
Disney1208083.jpg

Disney1208084.jpg

and here is what Mousekeeping left us, as well..
Disney1208085.jpg

I think it's a swan? Any guesses...it was cute, though!!:goodvibes

And that completes our first day in the parks! We decided to keep a list of our best/worst things of the day....

Our Best? how excited the kids were to be there and to be together!!
The worst? the crowds and Ethan's cold....neither were horrible, but we could have done without both of them!!;)

Stay tuned to see what time we got up on Tuesday and see if we made it to the park opening at Epcot this day?!:confused3 We had a lot of laughs on Tuesday....hope you'll continue to read along!!:goodvibes

How awesome that you were in the perfect spot to see Spectromagic! It's those unplanned Disney moments that are always the best.

Cole is too cute sleeping with his ears on. :cutie:

Tuesday was going to be our Epcot day, we were really looking forward to it. We found we floundered a bit on Monday at MK and didn't get done as much as we wanted to, so before bed last night we decided to meet out on the "deck" in front of our rooms and go through the map and decide what our plan of attack was. We had lunch ressies at Le Celliar and we had heard such great reviews for it and couldn't wait to eat there and we couldn't wait to check our Soarin' for the first time, too!! :banana:

We had our wake up call for 6 a.m again today. It was sunny and warm and today was high in the 80's, it felt so good. We headed down to the Everything Pop for breakfast, here are some pictures on the way....

Disney1208086.jpg

Hailey and Cole were so cute together.....she was like a little Mommy the while week, always looking to help.:lovestruc
Disney1208087.jpg

This shows how small the kids are and how big the Mickey Phone was...
Disney1208088.jpg

and a close up, or two...
Disney1208089.jpg

Disney1208090.jpg

and I jumped in....I thought this was a cute pic...
Disney1208091.jpg

And some views of the area we were in at POP....
Disney1208092.jpg

Disney1208093.jpg

Disney1208094.jpg

Disney1208095.jpg

We had our quick breakfast at the food court and headed our way to Epcot. We had a plan today and nothing was going to get in our way!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter