6/5/08 3 Night Wonder Trip Report- with Navigators, 20 tips, and 100+ photos!!!

:lmao: :rotfl2: Just had to post that:rotfl:

:scared1: Is there any good coffee on board:scared1:
Didn't even think about that.....No coffee maker in room right?:headache:
Off to finish your TR....I'll try not to post again till I'm done:goodvibes
Kerri

The "coffee" really isn't that bad. As I said, this Nescafe stuff is exactly the same stuff that is served at all of the WDW resorts, so somebody must like it.
Also, there is a coffee bar on the Wonder, The Cove Cafe, where you can get just about any concoction that you would find at your favorite coffee shop. There is a charge for all of the coffee drinks in the Cove Cafe- about what you would pay at a Starbucks for a similar drink. This is a nice place with nice atmosphere, so give it a try. You are correct, there are no coffee makers in the rooms. You can get free coffee from room service, but I think it is still going to be the Nescafe "coffee."

Tri Circle D....:worship:

Your trip report really made my day:goodvibes You are such a great writer and have alleviated all of my fears regarding the 3 day cruise.

I'm gonna do a cartwheel in a public space:rolleyes:
Thanks so much for all of your AWESOME tips....

I will have to look for your TR on the camping board.
Kerri

I have lots of trip reports on the camping board, here is a link to my most recent (not my best work, but you if you liked the cruise report, you may enjoy it), and I am about to start a new one from my NYE trip:

TCD's Thanksgiving 2008 Fort Wilderness Trip Report

TCD

The "coffee" really isn't that bad. As I said, this Nescafe stuff is exactly the same stuff that is served at all of the WDW resorts, so somebody must like it.
Also, there is a coffee bar on the Wonder, The Cove Cafe, where you can get just about any concoction that you would find at your favorite coffee shop. There is a charge for all of the coffee drinks in the Cove Cafe- about what you would pay at a Starbucks for a similar drink. This is a nice place with nice atmosphere, so give it a try. You are correct, there are no coffee makers in the rooms. You can get free coffee from room service, but I think it is still going to be the Nescafe "coffee."

I have lots of trip reports on the camping board, here is a link to my most recent (not my best work, but you if you liked the cruise report, you may enjoy it), and I am about to start a new one from my NYE trip:

TCD's Thanksgiving 2008 Fort Wilderness Trip Report

TCD

Coffee Bar:cool1: All's good with the world again:goodvibes

Thanks for the link.....Off to read your TR....These reports remind me of why I love the Dis so much. I used to lurk for a while just reading others reports and living through them.

Now you have a stalker...giving me links and all:lmao: :flower3:
Kerri

hey TCD i just want to let you know what a great thread this was even though its been said 50 thousand times. put it this way: im a teenager reading ALL of this. Thats impressive. such valuable info for my families 1st cruise- a double dip on may 30, 2010 cant wait!good job

hey tcd i have one question i was wondering if you could answer- is there an advantage that you know of about being in the back or the front of the ship? Any disadvantages? our booked stateroom is around the 3rd room from the front do you think that will be a big deal?

thanks you so much!:confused3

hey tcd i have one question i was wondering if you could answer- is there an advantage that you know of about being in the back or the front of the ship? Any disadvantages? our booked stateroom is around the 3rd room from the front do you think that will be a big deal?

thanks you so much!:confused3

I would say don't worry about being in the back or the front of the ship. Obviously, you will be closer to some things and further away from others, but it all evens out. DCL ships are very easy to get around, so I don't think it there is any advantage or disadvantage, one way or the other.

TCD

:cloud9:
I would say don't worry about being in the back or the front of the ship. Obviously, you will be closer to some things and further away from others, but it all evens out. DCL ships are very easy to get around, so I don't think it there is any advantage or disadvantage, one way or the other.

TCD[/QUOTE
ok thank you, you make me feel better about being up in the front because i know lots of people prefer the back of the ship.:woohoo: :cloud9:

Really informative. Thank you, gave us some great idea's. Can you explain more on what a lanyard is ( I think I missed something). And also, what and how do you do the fish extender. It sounds like it may be fun for the kids.

Great report, thanks again-----M (1st time cruiser, May '09) :cool1:

Really informative. Thank you, gave us some great idea's. Can you explain more on what a lanyard is ( I think I missed something). And also, what and how do you do the fish extender. It sounds like it may be fun for the kids.

Great report, thanks again-----M (1st time cruiser, May '09) :cool1:

Lanyards are the things you see around my neck and those of my family in some of the first photos on this thread. Repeat cruisers are given complimentary Castaway Club lanyards. First-timers will need to provide their own. They sell DCL ones in the gift shops, including the shop located right there in the terminal. A lot of cruisers find these to be a convenient way to carry their room key (Key to the World Card). You will need your KTTW card to get in to your cabin, and to buy drinks and make any other purchases on the ship, so it is good to have easy access to it. With our family, I liked them to be on lanyards, which we hung on one of the hooks in the cabin. It was easy to keep up with them this way. You don't want one of your kids to misplace a KTTW card. Someone could find it and charge things to you!

The fish extender gift exchanges are something that Dis groups agree to do. Outside each cabin is a little metal fish. It is a place where messages can be clipped if someone needs to leave you a message. Communications from the ship are also sometimes clipped on these. Well, some ingenious person invented the fish extender. Usually, it is a home made project, that basically hangs from the fish extender, and provides pockets for people to put stuff in. The fish extender gift exchange is where you agree to leave little gifts in other cruisers' fish extenders, and they do the same for you. All throughout your cruise, you get surprised with little trinkets. I have never participated in one of these, but some folks like to. To participate, you will need to look to see if one there is a "meets" thread for your cruise (there is a link to those right here on the Disboards), and then start chatting with your cruise mates. They can help you from there.

TCD

Loved reading your report! I'm researching doing a cruise. It would be my first ever. Plan to take me, DH, DD 13, DD 17, and grandbaby 17 months....

How did you get 3 teenage girls to pack reasonably?

Any other packing tips that you have?

Any toddler tips?

Have you ever done the Land/Sea combo? or are you just too worn out after all the cruise fun?

I would LOVE to do the 3 or 4 day cruise, then go to disney hotel- rest a day or two at the resort- then hit the parks for 5 or 6 days.

Am I crazy? Will I be broke (silly question... thats a given.... but its only MONEY, right?)

Loved reading your report! I'm researching doing a cruise. It would be my first ever. Plan to take me, DH, DD 13, DD 17, and grandbaby 17 months....

How did you get 3 teenage girls to pack reasonably?

Any other packing tips that you have?

Any toddler tips?

Have you ever done the Land/Sea combo? or are you just too worn out after all the cruise fun?

I would LOVE to do the 3 or 4 day cruise, then go to disney hotel- rest a day or two at the resort- then hit the parks for 5 or 6 days.

Am I crazy? Will I be broke (silly question... thats a given.... but its only MONEY, right?)

I see you are from Alabama. If you drive to the port, you really don't have to worry about packing reasonably. I am not sure if there is a limit on what you can bring. But, the cabins are small, and space to unpack is somewhat limited, so you should impose some limitations. The old adage that gets repeated on these boards is that after you pack, remove half of what you packed, and you will be fine. I have found that to be true. We seldom get around the wearing everything that we packed.

We have not done a land and sea trip. Fortunately, we live close enough to WDW that we can visit there several times a year. But, I don't see anything wrong with heading to the parks for a few days before or after your cruise. Why not?

Can't help you with toddler tips. We never cruised with a toddler, but I sure have seen plenty on the DCL ships, so there should be no problem for you there.

Have fun!

TCD

TCD...Wow you are really popular. I just was reading your report on the camping boards....and here you are too...

I might be able to help with Toddler tips. My DS was 3 when we went on the 4 day.

Lets see....
Don't count on them liking the kids club/babysitting. My son was OK at first and then he didn't want to go. I think he thought I wasn't coming back. With that in mind...we didn't make too many adult plans.

Stay on their schedule. We ate at the Buffet area at night except for one evening. It was sit down and casual. The food was GREAT. And my son didn't have to sit thru a long meal when tired. We went to Animators Palate one night. It was fun but DS was happier eating elsewhere and for shorter times.

Always keep a few things of milk in the frig.

If they can stay up, the shows are wonderful. My DS loved every minute of the productions. He was glued to the stage.

Be prepared for a melt down.....There are those who have and those who will.

TCD...Wow you are really popular. I just was reading your report on the camping boards....and here you are too...

I might be able to help with Toddler tips. My DS was 3 when we went on the 4 day.

Lets see....
Don't count on them liking the kids club/babysitting. My son was OK at first and then he didn't want to go. I think he thought I wasn't coming back. With that in mind...we didn't make too many adult plans.

Stay on their schedule. We ate at the Buffet area at night except for one evening. It was sit down and casual. The food was GREAT. And my son didn't have to sit thru a long meal when tired. We went to Animators Palate one night. It was fun but DS was happier eating elsewhere and for shorter times.

Always keep a few things of milk in the frig.

If they can stay up, the shows are wonderful. My DS loved every minute of the productions. He was glued to the stage.

Be prepared for a melt down.....There are those who have and those who will.

Do you have a trip report? I am hoping to sail this spring with our 4 YO. Would love th hear what was hot and what was not for you all.
Also, I don;t think I ever asked before but is milk one of the "free" drinks or is that extra?

I do but it is buried somewhere.....I don't remember if it was long or not....But I can answer whatever questions to have.I will see if I can find it.

Milk is free and is 24 hours at the beverage station. I also had room service send some too.

this is a great tr. i'm only at cc right now and loving it.

we're going on the mothers day (podcast) cruise and can't wait.

i am learning what to and not to do.

Our Last Night on the Wonder

The debarkation talk on this cruise was given by our cruise director, Clayton. To his credit, he did not use a joke that I have heard on every cruise that I have taken. Invariably, the person giving this talk will always remind the audience to not forget to leave out clothes to wear when leaving the ship. He or she will always claim that on the last cruise, some passengers had to leave the ship in their pajamas! I guess I have been on 20 cruises, and this lame story has been told on every one of them. But, not by Clayton. So, props to Clayton for breaking the mold.

TCD

Ah, TCD, you laugh, but I am just one of those people who had to leave the ship in my pajamas. (Well, at least my pajama pants!) Let me tell you the story.

I was cruising with my parents and a friend and his parents on Royal Caribbean. The last night, we were furiously packing up from a 7-night cruise. I was starting a cold and had taken some medication. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) Anywho . . . I didn't realize it until the next morning, but I had packed ALL my shorts in my suitcase that was set outside the cabin door. So, after showering, I proceeded to put my pajama pants back on and head to breakfast in the main dining room.

I'm just thankful that I had pajama pants to wear. Imagine if I had brought along a nightgown to wear . . . :rotfl2: Everyone with me assured me that my light-blue gingham seersucker wide-leg "capris" did NOT look like pajama pants, but I'm not sure I believe them!

So, the next time you're cruising and you hear the debarkation horror stories of people having to wear their pajamas off the ship, you can think of me!

By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report and I am looking forward with excitement my first Disney cruise in May. I have previously cruised on Royal Caribbean. We're also planning to stay on the ship in Nassau, so I'm glad to hear that most others leave the ship.

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a detailed report.

One tip that I didn't see mentioned here....

Make absolutely certain that the pants that you keep for that last morning will fit you! My DH gained so much weight on one of our 4-night DCL cruises that he had to fly home in his bathing suit. He couldn't wear the pants he had left for the morning. It wouldn't have been a problem, except the luggage went straight through to Newark Airport and it was December:rotfl2:!

Now he tries his clothes on the night before.:lovestruc And he bought a nice pair of elastic-waist jeans that he keeps in his closet for "cruising emergencies".

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter