6/5/08 3 Night Wonder Trip Report- with Navigators, 20 tips, and 100+ photos!!!

What a wonderful trip report. I'm getting ready for my first cruise in May, and this was very, very helpful.

Hi there. I just got finished reading your tr. It was so informative. We are leaving on a 3 day cruise this thursday and i want to decorate the door to our room like i see you and many other people have done. I know my 5 yr old would love this, but i am not sure where you got your magents. Can you only put magnets or are stickers allowed. Any info you can give regrding this would be greatly appreaciated it.

Thank You,
Diane

Hi there. I just got finished reading your tr. It was so informative. We are leaving on a 3 day cruise this thursday and i want to decorate the door to our room like i see you and many other people have done. I know my 5 yr old would love this, but i am not sure where you got your magents. Can you only put magnets or are stickers allowed. Any info you can give regrding this would be greatly appreaciated it.

Thank You,
Diane

You can buy magnet paper at office supply stores or Walmart. You design your magnets on your computer, and print them out on the magnet paper with your printer. There are threads on the main cruise board with all kinds of designs that you can borrow. Some folks will even custom design magnets for you, and e-mail them to you! As far as I know, stickers are not allowed. But, I have read about people who print out designs on card stock, and then attach magnets to the back, and use those for their doors. I encourage you to make some magnets-it makes your door stand out, and is a real inexpensive way to add a little extra fun to your cruise. Even if you don't want to make magnets, buy some colorful ones and use those. Hope you have a great cruise!

TCD

Thank you so much for your help. I am definatly going to decorate our door . Thanks again!

Diane

TCD...Ive gone through this TR again....and STILL.....I cant help but love your style of writing. You get all the important, usefull details in there with enough humor to keep a guy reading on without feeling like Im reading a manual to assemble a student desk made in China. Its great for a first time cruiser to be able to know what to expect. Thank you!

Here's how I decorated our stateroom door.

P1000387.jpg

I don't know if there's enough time but you can check out this link. It's huge but there are great ideas there.

Thank you for the great report. I really got a lot out of this. A lot has changed since our last cruise about 5 years ago.

TCD...Ive gone through this TR again....and STILL.....I cant help but love your style of writing. You get all the important, usefull details in there with enough humor to keep a guy reading on without feeling like Im reading a manual to assemble a student desk made in China. Its great for a first time cruiser to be able to know what to expect. Thank you!

Thanks, Rog, I am glad that you enjoyed it. I actually enjoy reading manuals for assembling things made in China- always entertaining! But, I am weird that way. ;)

Here's how I decorated our stateroom door.

P1000387.jpg

I don't know if there's enough time but you can check out this link. It's huge but there are great ideas there.

Chris- I like how you had your Fort Fiends sign on your door! Way to represent! I'll bet they don't see a lot of those on the ship. And thanks for the link. There are tons of great ideas on that thread!

TCD

Just had to bump this back to the top. It's such a complete and thorough TR and a real joy to read.:goodvibes

Thanks TD for a great report.

Great TR! So glad it was bumped and I came acrossed it. We just booked a cruise the other day for this November (kind of a last minute land/cruise trip):cool1:

Thanks so much ....so informative!

It IS so good! Thank you for such a wonderful TR! Your report has single handedly made me realize that I HAVE to choose DCL! Your writing is amazing, and what a fun beautiful family you have!

Thanks!

Great trip report. Hopefully taking our first cruise within the next year or so. I have to ask what is a "porter"? You said in your last post that y'all used one. I can't seem to figure out what it is. Thanks.

Great trip report. Hopefully taking our first cruise within the next year or so. I have to ask what is a "porter"? You said in your last post that y'all used one. I can't seem to figure out what it is. Thanks.

A porter is a person at the docks (or in hotels on the mainland) whose job it is to take your bags for you. In this case, help you out the door to load your car, at hotels it would be from your room to the car or limo.

Don't forget to tip them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter