40 is a FANTASY! Chunkeymonkey & Chubbyhubby STAR WARS cruise and POLY Feb 2016 TR Link Added!!

Happy 39 1/2 birthday!!!!! Hope you got all the ressie you were hoping for. Your list looks great and is making me oh so hungry ; )

Good luck. Those are all great choices. V&A and Jiko are totally fabulous. I really want to try the Skipper Canteen too and probably do Morimoto for our date night. I want to try Jock Lindsey's, but I am not sure if we can fit it in. We will be staying at POR, so it might make sense to do DTD for dinner one night, besides date night. However, we will hopefully have so many Star Wars meals that I am not sure how to fit it all in either.

You'll find out in my next post if I got everything I wanted! :rolleyes1

There are so many restaurants I want to try that it's becoming so hard to actually RIDE on anything. LOL. I would definitely not miss the Star Wars meals if they have them. And I'd definitely do one or two dinners at DTD if I'm staying at one of the PO resorts.

Happy 39 1/2 birthday!!!!! Hope you got all the ressie you were hoping for. Your list looks great and is making me oh so hungry ; )

Thank you!! Stay tuned for what I did get...:rolleyes1
pixiedust: Good Luck!!! I hope you get all the ADR's you want!!! pixiedust:

Thank you! You shall see soon!! :rolleyes1

ADRs Booked!!

So yesterday morning at 5:45am I was at my computer, with some green tea, ready to tackle the challenge of making ADRs. :surfweb:

I had logged in to the WDW website. I had my list. I was ready!

Then when 6am hit...I started to search. I was going to work my way backwards with the dates, but I was not able to search for days PAST my 180 day mark even though I had a resort reservation number already stored. #EPICFAIL Disney Website. BUT I was able to get 'Ohana dinner for exactly the 180 day mark for the 3 of us! So that worked! :thumbsup2 Nothing else did though. I tried copying and pasting, typing in the future date and it didn't accept it. :confused:

I have heard cases where the website doesn't recognize the 180 day + 10 (although I have never had an issue with it before on previous trips, maybe it is just because I rented points from DVC?), so I used the MDE app...and luckily for me, dates beyond my 180 day mark were working! So, I was able to get almost everything that I wanted...and then some!

Here's the thing, I enlisted some help with the Victoria and Albert's reservation because their line didn't open until 9am and I would be at work in a meeting. I have a credit card with concierge services that I barely use so thought this could be something that they could do. The person I spoke to was really helpful the night before when I gave them all my information, resort reservation number, and a selection of dates and times that I could schedule the dinner on. Unfortunately...it looks like the same person that took my info wasn't the same person who called. They didn't really understand the rules and they were not much help because they replied to me and said that they had called when the lines opened but left a message which was not returned, then the phone lines were down etc. Argh. They said they would try again the next day. #EPICFAIL concierge. I could have probably done the same thing and gotten results which I ended up doing.

So this morning I happened to be free at 9am so I called V and A myself and left a message. They called me back in half an hour. Easy! So I'm happy to say that I got the Queen Victoria's Room for March 1st (the day I wanted). Yes! It's not the chef's table but those were already gone, but I'm happy to get the Queen Victoria's room! It will be a 10-course tasting menu with optional wine pairing. The new menu will be posted on October 1st, so looking forward to seeing it! I'm sure there will be differences from our menu due to seasonal offerings but it will give us an idea of what to expect.

Here's a description of Queen Victoria's Room from the V & A website:

exper_3.jpg

queen-victoria_32.png

Our newest dining experience is the most exclusive at Victoria & Albert’s – an elegant, intimate setting behind closed doors where French gueridon service – tableside finishes for diners’ pleasure and entertainment – is making a comeback. With just four tables and rich décor inspired by Old World dining rooms of London and Paris, the tone is set for a luxurious, leisurely evening. The sublime experience includes up to ten courses. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for sensational cuisine, Queen Victoria’s Room takes dining to new heights.

I have images of that song "I'm so Fancy" in my head. LOL. This is definitely gonna be an experience to remember!

So here's our ADR list for our trip:
Feb 27th: Dinner 6:50pm 'Ohana
Feb 28th: Breakfast 8:05am Be Our Guest, Dinner 6:55pm Hollywood Brown Derby . I'm waiting to see if the Season of the Force fireworks will be happening tonight...maybe I will shift the dinner up a bit.
Feb 29th: Lunch 2:00pm Beaches n Cream, Dinner 7:30 Via Napoli (still deciding on this, may switch to Marrakesh)
March 1st: Breakfast 8:25am 'Ohana, Dinner 6:00pm Victoria and Alberts
March 2nd: Dinner 8:45pm California Grill. Is this a good time for dinner if we want to watch Wishes (10pm that night) from the terrace?
March 3rd: Dinner 6:15pm Be Our Guest
March 4th: Breakfast 8:15am Garden Grill, Dinner 6:15pm Yachtsman Steakhouse

So now begins the 6-month long wait and never-ending ADR tinkering. It will most likely change the minute the new restaurants are announced!
I do have a few back up BoG ressies in there somewhere, just in case :rolleyes1.

Yay, glad it worked out in the end, especially for V&A.

ADR's are so much different at Disneyland.....60 days out.....:P....I think I'd like the WDW method more lol

I have heard cases where the website doesn't recognize the 180 day + 10 (although I have never had an issue with it before on previous trips, maybe it is just because I rented points from DVC?), so I used the MDE app...and luckily for me, dates beyond my 180 day mark were working! So, I was able to get almost everything that I wanted...and then some!
Smart thinking, jumping over to the app! I probably would have just sat there staring at the computer screen, frantically refreshing things, logging out and back in, etc... And just generally having an anxiety attack. :scared:

So I'm happy to say that I got the Queen Victoria's Room for March 1st (the day I wanted). Yes!
Congratulations!!! This is a serious "someday!" bucket list item for me. It's so delightfully extravagant, I love the idea of it all! princess:

I have images of that song "I'm so Fancy" in my head. LOL.
Accurate. :rotfl:

So here's our ADR list for our trip:
Feb 27th: Dinner 6:50pm 'Ohana
Feb 28th: Breakfast 8:05am Be Our Guest, Dinner 6:55pm Hollywood Brown Derby . I'm waiting to see if the Season of the Force fireworks will be happening tonight...maybe I will shift the dinner up a bit.
Feb 29th: Lunch 2:00pm Beaches n Cream, Dinner 7:30 Via Napoli (still deciding on this, may switch to Marrakesh)
March 1st: Breakfast 8:25am 'Ohana, Dinner 6:00pm Victoria and Alberts
March 2nd: Dinner 8:45pm California Grill. Is this a good time for dinner if we want to watch Wishes (10pm that night) from the terrace?
March 3rd: Dinner 6:15pm Be Our Guest
March 4th: Breakfast 8:15am Garden Grill, Dinner 6:15pm Yachtsman Steakhouse
These look pretty much PERFECT. And delicious!!! Looking forward to your thoughts on Garden Grill's breakfast, too! :thumbsup2

Yay, glad it worked out in the end, especially for V&A.

ADR's are so much different at Disneyland.....60 days out.....:P....I think I'd like the WDW method more lol

Yeah whew! Weight off my shoulders! Only Disney fans will realize the importance of 180 day marks...60 day marks...my non-Disney friends are so puzzled as to why these days mean so much, but I assure them that proper planning for a Disney vacation usually means a better experience in the parks!

Smart thinking, jumping over to the app! I probably would have just sat there staring at the computer screen, frantically refreshing things, logging out and back in, etc... And just generally having an anxiety attack. :scared:

Haha, now you know what to do! I knew something like this would happen, especially since I didn't really know what happens when you rent DVC points.

Congratulations!!! This is a serious "someday!" bucket list item for me. It's so delightfully extravagant, I love the idea of it all! princess:

Thanks! Me too!! *Crosses one off the bucket list*

These look pretty much PERFECT. And delicious!!! Looking forward to your thoughts on Garden Grill's breakfast, too! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Excited to try it out. Will I keep all the ADRs? That is the question...no doubt I will tinker with it in between now and Feb!

Yay for getting your ADRs! :cool1:

That Queen Victoria's Room sounds like quite the way to celebrate a big birthday! Can't wait to hear about it.

Regarding the fireworks from the California Grill, I think you're fine. My memory is that they will basically let you hit pause on your meal and go to the terrace to watch, then return to finish, if needed. However, if you have a window table with a view (which we've requested and waited a bit longer for), then you don't even have to go out. It's pretty nice! :thumbsup2

Following Along! Your trip sounds amazing! I was at the D23 panel when they announced the Star Wars Cruises and I am so jealous you're going to do it! They sound fantastic!

Congrats on getting all your ADRs, but sorry for the drama that ensued in getting there. Can't wait to hear about V&A especially!!!!! And per your question 8:45 is the perfect time at Cali Grill for the fireworks

Yay for getting your ADRs! :cool1:

That Queen Victoria's Room sounds like quite the way to celebrate a big birthday! Can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks! So excited!!

Regarding the fireworks from the California Grill, I think you're fine. My memory is that they will basically let you hit pause on your meal and go to the terrace to watch, then return to finish, if needed. However, if you have a window table with a view (which we've requested and waited a bit longer for), then you don't even have to go out. It's pretty nice! :thumbsup2

Cool! I will see if they will grant us a window seat. You know they removed the feature where you can list out comments like a special occasion when you make ressies online or through the app. You can only list dietary restrictions. I can't find a comments field anywhere.

Following Along! Your trip sounds amazing! I was at the D23 panel when they announced the Star Wars Cruises and I am so jealous you're going to do it! They sound fantastic!

Thanks and welcome!! I know, I am soooo excited. I'm dying to know more about what they are going to offer.

Congrats on getting all your ADRs, but sorry for the drama that ensued in getting there. Can't wait to hear about V&A especially!!!!! And per your question 8:45 is the perfect time at Cali Grill for the fireworks

Thanks!! Yeah...glad the drama is over, but whew, relieved and happy now all the ADRs are made!
So excited!!

I'm following along, Su-lynn! LOVE your trip reports, and excited for your first trip on the Fantasy, especially. You'll love the QV Room - yes, very fancy. We are so alike - 1) I also fork paychecks directly over to Disney every year, and 2) I work for a bank as well, but in the operations department. I wish we had a good IT person here. Ours works for our holding company - 1 1/2 hours away. Ugh - wish we had someone on site, but we are too small to justify our own IT person. Sigh. Maybe someday... LOL! Can't wait to hear more. Since you are also a foodie, are you planning to eat at Remy on the cruise? So divine, and something you can't experience on the classic ships.

Caught up and following! The check out day for my Princess trip is Feb 27th...I'll warm up WDW for ya! ;) I'm so glad you got your most wished for ADRs. :) V&A will be spectacular. Can't wait to see your TR on it!

So I'm happy to say that I got the Queen Victoria's Room for March 1st (the day I wanted).

YAY!!! I am so happy for you that you got V and A!! Sounds like such an amazing experience! Sounds like a wonderful Birthday dinner!

Oh your reservations sound yummy and some of the ones we want! Can't wait to see/hear how good they are:)

I'm following along, Su-lynn! LOVE your trip reports, and excited for your first trip on the Fantasy, especially. You'll love the QV Room - yes, very fancy. We are so alike - 1) I also fork paychecks directly over to Disney every year, and 2) I work for a bank as well, but in the operations department. I wish we had a good IT person here. Ours works for our holding company - 1 1/2 hours away. Ugh - wish we had someone on site, but we are too small to justify our own IT person. Sigh. Maybe someday... LOL! Can't wait to hear more. Since you are also a foodie, are you planning to eat at Remy on the cruise? So divine, and something you can't experience on the classic ships.

Thank you! I'm finding such helpful things on your TRs! I can't wait to experience the Fantasy first hand. We are definitely planning to do Remy. I'm hoping to do both the brunch and dinner, but I am wondering what night to schedule the dinner on. I think we may skip the Pirate night dinner on this trip. Pirate night will probably be overshadowed by Star Wars day at sea so I'm most likely going to focus on activities that day.
1) Haha, I think it's a given that the ratio of your love for disney is the same as how much of your paycheck you give to them, :lmao:
2) Yeah IT is kinda nuts. I am straddled between the business and IT though as I am a business analyst so I'm the liaison between the two teams. I support operations at a bank and we do automation and system projects. It's a lot of analytical work but it lets me write a lot which is what I love to do. Just not as fun as trip reports!

Caught up and following! The check out day for my Princess trip is Feb 27th...I'll warm up WDW for ya! ;) I'm so glad you got your most wished for ADRs. :) V&A will be spectacular. Can't wait to see your TR on it!

Thank you and :welcome:
Thanks for warming Disney up for me. I expect a balmy 75 degrees and sunny for our time there. Hehehe. Wow Princess Half Marathon? :worship:
I'm going to go catch up on your PTR too. Sounds like you're gonna have a great year!

YAY!!! I am so happy for you that you got V and A!! Sounds like such an amazing experience! Sounds like a wonderful Birthday dinner!

Thank you!! I will be sure to report back!! :cutie:

Oh your reservations sound yummy and some of the ones we want! Can't wait to see/hear how good they are:)

Thanks! They do sound yummy an I'm so excoitd. I'm just awaiting to hear about the new restaurant openings like the Jungle Cruise canteen, the Lindsay Jocks, and Morimotos. Then hopefully I can start making my ADRs soon! Morimotos is starting on Sept 16 from what I hear. But through open table. The WDW Dining and MDE integration will be a month later. So will maybe have to shift plans around based on where we want to eat! :rotfl:

PTR Update 9/15/2015

Hmm, not much happening since I have made ADRs, which was probably my main concern. Just some news of late which will probably make me change things around on my plans.

Jock Lindsey's Lounge opens on Sept 22nd!

I just saw this today. However, not sure if they are taking ressies. I did not hear anything about ADRs and wondering if this is just a first-come first-serve type thing. I will definitely be checking this out at some point during the trip even if it's just to have a drink at the bar.

Morimoto's taking reservations from Sept 16th, and to Open Sept 30th!

I am interested in dining here but I'd want to see a menu first. If it's anything like the one in NYC I may skip it since it won't really be that different. However I am expecting some new and different dishes that will be unique to this location, hopefully they will pique my interest.

Cruise Update:

Not much here since our online check-in does not begin for a while (November) and we can't book any restaurants or activities yet. I did however request to be put on a certain dining rotation: ERAERRA. It is not a big deal to me butI have read it is an ideal rotation if you want to be able to have formal night (Day 2 of the cruise) in Royal Court, which I think has the most formal/regal decor of all the Main Dining Rooms, so I think it would be nice to experience formal night there.

Day 4 of the cruise is Pirate Night and we'll be scheduled to eat at Enchanted Garden then. Instead of Pirate Night dinner, we'll probably opt to do Remy on this night. Not that I don't like Pirate Night but I feel on this cruise the emphasis will be on Star Wars Day at Sea and not the Pirate night (no pirate fireworks for example, since the Star Wars day at sea will have fireworks then). We'll hopefully still be able to catch some of the Pirate show but it will dependin on when we get to schedule dinner. I'm only a Silver Castaway Club member so don't think that gets me that much in advantage over everyone else! I'll take what I can! Oh Chunky sis will not be joining us for Remy because she is a picky eater and wouldn't do well with the tasting menus there.

On the cruise we're also hoping to do either Remi or Palo brunch. I'm thinking Palo because Chunkysis will be much more amenable to the menu there and she'd be able to join us. I'm hoping to do this on our first full day at sea (Day 2) :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter