40 is a FANTASY! Chunkeymonkey & Chubbyhubby STAR WARS cruise and POLY Feb 2016 TR Link Added!!

Such an exciting trip to come! I have so many of the same ADRs coming up, and your inclination to repeat them is really affirming that they will be delicious choices. Can't wait to see how many Star Wars activities will be available for you to cram into this trip!!! Glad Sis is joining you for a night on property...but who will she take pictures with just hanging out at the Poly?

You may have to call V&A directly. I thought I had read this in the V&A thread. They recently changed it, but I don't know if it was just for F&W or not.

Hmm, ok thanks! I will try my best to get an ADR and if not, then I will call!

Really looking forward to reading this per and trip report. We are on The Fantasy in August next year, we're just inside our 1 year to go pixiedust::yay:pixiedust:

Yay! Welcome! I'm definitely going to do a TR! It'll be fun to see how it compares to the Magic, but from what I can tell, I already love what I see!

Such an exciting trip to come! I have so many of the same ADRs coming up, and your inclination to repeat them is really affirming that they will be delicious choices. Can't wait to see how many Star Wars activities will be available for you to cram into this trip!!! Glad Sis is joining you for a night on property...but who will she take pictures with just hanging out at the Poly?

Hi there!! You will love dining at Disney! It's really just a joy to eat there, because not only is it in Disney, the food is GOOD! Much more so than what you'd expect from any other theme park. I hope there will be lots of Star Wars stuff to do because I'm bringing all my Star Wars t-shirts. LOL. My sister is actually looking forward to some resort and DTD time because she spends too much time in the parks she barely has enough time for anything else on all the trips she's been on. Have a great time on your trip and hope you decide to do a TR!! Hope your DH becomes a Disney convert and you'll be back again soon!

PTR Update!

I have booked our flights! Well, at least for myself and for DH.

I had been monitoring flights for the past month and it has hovered around the 300 dollar range (from Newark to MCO). This is in line with what we've paid in the past and I don't see it veering too much in either direction. Seems like fare sales don't really apply to those dates just yet and I don't want to risk waiting for some last minute fare sale.

I was surprised when I checked flights today and they were about 247 RT! that's a savings of about 50 bucks pp so I jumped on them. We have to leave and depart really early in the morning though, but I think it'll be ok. We'll be flying on United, which is not my favorite airline but it's hub is our home airport, Newark, so there are more flights on United than any other airline.

Now I just have to book the flight for Chunkysis! We're still working on the dates/times for her but most likely she'll leave on the same flight as us and fly back home the day after the cruise. The price for her will also be the same so that is good news.

OMG less than a week now until I make ADRs! This trip is really happening!

PTR Update!

I had been monitoring flights for the past month and it has hovered around the 300 dollar range (from Newark to MCO). This is in line with what we've paid in the past and I don't see it veering too much in either direction. Seems like fare sales don't really apply to those dates just yet and I don't want to risk waiting for some last minute fare sale.

I was surprised when I checked flights today and they were about 247 RT! that's a savings of about 50 bucks pp so I jumped on them. We have to leave and depart really early in the morning though, but I think it'll be ok. We'll be flying on United, which is not my favorite airline but it's hub is our home airport, Newark, so there are more flights on United than any other airline.

Now I just have to book the flight for Chunkysis! We're still working on the dates/times for her but most likely she'll leave on the same flight as us and fly back home the day after the cruise. The price for her will also be the same so that is good news.

OMG that's so exciting!! :cool1: I love it when we finally get to book flights, it's makes it so real! Love that you got a good deal, under $250 ea. is awesome! More lapu lapu's for you! :beach:

I actually like leaving early in the AM, I can hardly ever sleep well the night before and from where we live it takes half the day to get there, so for me the earlier we leave the better...more Disney time! :thumbsup2

Happy Day!

Following along! I read your last DCL TR and it really made me want to do a cruise!! Even thought I hate boats!! And the ocean!! :rotfl:

OMG that's so exciting!! :cool1: I love it when we finally get to book flights, it's makes it so real! Love that you got a good deal, under $250 ea. is awesome! More lapu lapu's for you! :beach:

I actually like leaving early in the AM, I can hardly ever sleep well the night before and from where we live it takes half the day to get there, so for me the earlier we leave the better...more Disney time! :thumbsup2

Happy Day!

Thanks!! Yes!! More lapu lapus and Tiki Rums for me! LOL. I'm actually pretty excited that we're leaving so early. But the first day we're there, we're staying at the airport hotel. Not sure what we will do the entire day but most likely the Disney store, Chick Fil-A, and sleeping will be on the itinerary!

Following along! I read your last DCL TR and it really made me want to do a cruise!! Even thought I hate boats!! And the ocean!! :rotfl:

Thanks! I am not a fan of boats either, but the cruise was amazing...it really is just the Disney spirit! I'm sure if it was any other cruise line, I'd be just ok with it, and probably would not book another cruise.
I'm just a little worried the weather in Feb will not be like May and I'll feel the motion more...I'm hoping I'll get over it quickly and there will be enough Disney magic to distract me!

Looks like you have some great ADR plans. While you know ADR strategies are largely lost on me, I know V&A has been slow rolling reservations as of late due to menu changes. Not sure if that is impact February or not, but you may want to check out that thread. I had made an ADR there somewhere south of the 180 days and didn't have an issue. We ended up deciding not to go, but wanted you to know it may not be as hard as Ohana or BoG.

Hope the fireworks are ready by your trip. We're liking going in late Jan or early Feb, so that may be too soon yet. I hope they are ready though cause I know my hubby would love it.

And my brother played the oboe in the symphony so thanks for asking. He gave that up several years ago though and is now a high school band director. He's a musical genius and I like to think I gave up all of my musical ability in vitro so he could be our own little virtuoso ; )

Joining it! Ooh a cruise! I keep wanting one of those. Maybe someday for a couples only trip.

Why wait for a couples only trip? A cruise, especially DCL, is the an awesome family vacation. Everyone has their own places and time, and no one feels guilty about being apart. It's a great way to get away from the kids without actually having to get away from them.

Why wait for a couples only trip? A cruise, especially DCL, is the an awesome family vacation. Everyone has their own places and time, and no one feels guilty about being apart. It's a great way to get away from the kids without actually having to get away from them.

Our TA said they don't have rooms that sleep 6=( and all of our children are under age 11, so no staying in rooms alone.

Looks like you have some great ADR plans. While you know ADR strategies are largely lost on me, I know V&A has been slow rolling reservations as of late due to menu changes. Not sure if that is impact February or not, but you may want to check out that thread. I had made an ADR there somewhere south of the 180 days and didn't have an issue. We ended up deciding not to go, but wanted you to know it may not be as hard as Ohana or BoG.

Thanks! I am hoping that I can do it online, or if not, then I will call.

Hope the fireworks are ready by your trip. We're liking going in late Jan or early Feb, so that may be too soon yet. I hope they are ready though cause I know my hubby would love it.

I would think they would start in January. With the Force Awakens opening in December I'd think they would want to build upon all the excitement and hype about the new movie.

And my brother played the oboe in the symphony so thanks for asking. He gave that up several years ago though and is now a high school band director. He's a musical genius and I like to think I gave up all of my musical ability in vitro so he could be our own little virtuoso ; )

That's awesome! My family has little to no musical talent. LOL. We all played an instrument but never kept them up because none of us were really that good at all. :lmao:

Joining it! Ooh a cruise! I keep wanting one of those. Maybe someday for a couples only trip.

Welcome!! Thanks for following along! Sounds like a great idea!

I agree too!

Our TA said they don't have rooms that sleep 6=( and all of our children are under age 11, so no staying in rooms alone.

Oh too bad...but maybe a trip with the grandparents/relatives too that some of the kids can stay with?
I come from a family of 4 kids too...I have 3 sisters...having them around was fun! Although we did fight a lot when we were young. We've all grown up since then though. Hehe. But yes it was hard to vacation because there were just so many of us!

I would still like to go to Whispering Canyon, the Hoop Dee Doo, Jiko....places I have not been to yet.

I love Whispering Canyon! I would also love to do the Hoop Dee Doo. It seems like a lot of fun. As does the Spirit of Aloha!

I am wondering, when your 180 day mark comes, and 6am ET hits, how do you begin your search for ADRs?:surfweb:
Do you start with your first day or last day and then work your way back? Or do you pick your most desired ADRs first and work around there?

I think I usually go for what I really want first for ADRs. I guess I feel that if I have where I really want to go, the rest is just gravy! :D

Soooooooo exciting!! Then it will be 120 short days until FP+!!! (for FP+ this year, I got an e-mail from MDE the night before and I was able to book them right then and there!! It was super exciting to me!! LOL) I love the sound of the upcoming Star Wars festivities. I am hoping to get in a Star Wars Weekend in 2016!

Hi Su-Lynn! Joining in! Your trip sounds epic!! A cruise & WDW trip is the most perfect way to celebrate your 40th. In fact now you've got me thinking.... :scratchin .... how do I tell my hubby this is what I want for my 40th too... I still have 5 years to go. Plenty of time to save up! ;)

I love all your plans & ADRs & STAR WARS! Ahhhhaaa! Can't wait to hear how things unfold!

WARNING: Super long post ahead, as I just got caught up on your entire PTR so far! :cutie:

Hi Everyone!
Hi, Su-Lynn! :wave2:

That's about 2 weeks of fun, which is the longest time I've been in a Disney environment!
This sounds AMAZEBALLS! :thumbsup2 I'm super jelly!

My 40th birthday falls right when we depart the cruise and arrive at WDW: February 27th!
Say whaaaaaaaaaaat! GIRL! There is NO WAY you are nearly 40! I don't believe it! You look AMAZING!!!!!! :eek:

I can't think of a better way to ring in 40 than to go to the one place I can act like the biggest kid!
I couldn't agree more! I tell people that I love Disney World because it's the only place I can get away with being an overgrown toddler! :hyper:

DH and I were on the Disney Magic in May of this year and had an amazing time. We kept seeing the commercials on the stateroom TVs for the Star Wars Day at Sea for cruises in 2016, and since we're big Star Wars fans, we we bit the bullet and put down a deposit for the February 20th Western Caribbean sailing on the Fantasy, with a discount for on board booking. It will be our 2nd DCL cruise and the Fantasy looks like an amazing ship! Since the cruise ends on my birthday, I decided it would be nice to end the trip with a stay at WDW.
This is PERFECT!!! :D

3 adults to a stateroom sounds a little too close for comfort IMO, but it is the only way my sister could afford to go - no one else could really make it and her friends are not into Disney as much as she is. So, as a compromise, I decided to upgrade to the Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah, a category 4D. We are now in room 6592 - Deck 6, midship, starboard. It was not that much more to upgrade when you split it amongst the 3 of us and I think we would all enjoy a few more sq feet of space after a week in close quarters. Now my character-loving sister can celebrate my birthday with me too! Yay!
Definitely a smart move upgrading for more space! ::yes::

But in all honestly, my favorite parks are Epcot and MK so I just HAVE to start our trip off with these two parks, right?
I feel the same way! I always HAVE to start my trip with Magic Kingdom, and then end it either there or Epcot. Anything else just feels WRONG! :sad2:

I will most likely get park hoppers. I've always had them and I like the flexibility it gives us.
I'm a big fan of park hoppers. To me the flexibility is completely worth the extra cost! :-)

Not sure if I should get an annual pass or not. But that is another post!
Maaaaan. And annual pass is the dream, dude. Someday! :cloud9:

Here's the tentative crowd calendar for our days from touringplans.com (I have a subscription):

Ja1khGSTgkqmRhtacMSxjWrBOZ4avl7o-w_oiBSl1QoN=w584-h610-no
It doesn't look so bad, actually! Weekends are always higher. I'm loving all those mid-week 3s and 4s! :thumbsup2

FOOD, FOOD and more FOOD! An ADR Wish List Part 1
I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED TO READ THIS POST, OMG OMG OMG. :hyper:

I love dining at Disney. It's one of my favorite aspects of the trip. I generally enjoy dining out and trying new restaurants. I'm a pretty fearless eater and not terribly picky (sometimes). I design my vacation plans around where I'm going to eat.
You and me both, girl. You and me both. :cutie:

There may have been one year where we extended our trip to WDW because we couldn't get an Ohana ressie until the day we were scheduled to leave. (That was in 2013) :rolleyes1
Sounds completely reasonable to me. ::yes::

Ohana
Our favorite, enough said. I think we want to do a breakfast here too. Might as well since we'll be staying in the Poly!

zbTijzRh2H4xx5KoqaCqVJMb3H7_kiv9dYGKN4_gxtQI=w773-h515-no

Mmmm, potstickers

BXGRdJzEY-Sf6yc-8eOgKaVPxCU1vnOxU0bgUrTWACCo=w773-h515-no

Mmm, noodles.

Loooooove Ohana! It's one of my must-do's every trip! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! :bitelip:

1900 Park Fare
I want to do dinner here. I've had breakfast here before and had an amazing time. Strawberry soup!! I know the characters for dinner here are different from breakfast, so that will be fun although I really enjoyed breakfast here too!
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3474%3Dot%3E2324%3D9%3B4%3D5%3A%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3B%3A9%3A647247ot1lsi

Love Tigger!
I did dinner here yeeeeears ago, and loved it! I've been meaning to get back here for breakfast ever since, but it's one of those that always starts out on the ADR wishlist each trip, but ends up being cut by ADR day. Someday soon, though!

Liberty Tree Tavern
Haven't been here since 2013. We loved dinner here and decided we need to go again!
I think they are doing some refurbishments right now so hopefully it will be a bit nicer inside, but hope the food stays the same!
BF7kRqebDKNsD6UjfjNO-ifBRb_-Zog2SfGlI8EJ1osM=w858-h643-no

Traditional American feast at LTT. Loved the stuffing and gravy and...oh and just about everything else.
Holy cow, look at all that delicious food! :cloud9: LTT is another one that's been on my bucketlist for a while. The good news is that it's made the short list for my October 2016 trip, so hopefully I'll be crossing it off next year!

Tusker House
This is my favorite place to eat in AK! I think a trip to AK is worth it for TH alone!
I like how you get to take your pic with Donald before the craziness inside.
I love the safari theme and we usually go for the time in between 10:30-11:30 am when they still have breakfast foods but start bringing out lunch items. There's more variety!
Since we missed it on our last trip (went to Y and Y instead), I definitely want to go back for this.

gMWIy3KmYuU59UfYghfw4VRbzO9PaCVFrzYNCIN1Pr-Q=w687-h515-no

Yummy breakfast and lunch foods!

4qRo9GS6fRd5pqR-QoRmCyPypToNn94cFfFsdNSQmY1I=w842-h631-no

Daisy made us do this. It's funny though.
The Daisy pic is ADORABLE! And I didn't read through all the comments, so I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but Donald is no longer outside the restaurant. I now makes rounds through the dining rooms, just like the other characters.

Garden Grill
We had an amazing meal here this past trip. Even though I'd been before, I feel like this time was a LOT better and they have really stepped up their game in the quality of food. Doesn't hurt that LWTL is right below and the fresh produce probably comes from there. I really love the salad here! Probably my favorite salad out of all the family-style meals. Oh and those rolls, don't get me started...YUM. I'm really looking forward to seeing what breakfast here is like too! Most likely we'll do this for both breakfast and dinner!

MwhSwd5Eey1N1b_z4hURUSsmPT132TfW1Xy4cDRa0INV=w773-h515-no

The salad was so good at Garden Grill!

X1pfUV1PWGZr7WNlPUqbLU_k50H0qtCRKpMsS9g4KRmn=w773-h515-no

And so is the rest of the food!
Girl, we share so many of the same favorite! I looooooved my experience at Garden Grill for dinner last year. I too am very curious about trying it for breakfast, and am thinking of trying to work it into my plans for October 2016! :cutie:

Le Cellier
I haven't been back since they have switched it to a Signature restaurant! I am missing the cheddar cheese soup and the filet mignon. I don't even regularly choose filet (I prefer ribeye or sirloin) for my steak cut, but at Le Cellier the filet is done really well, and that risotto...so good! I'm glad they brought it back.

qcVU2M9MwFGHm00fsmh5xEY7B4GG0XVkGguD6vrT9pUa=w687-h515-no

zLs4Y1uIv2-b650dTSgZ9jq0zFXQ-0FjFWMZ30nS4nLc=w687-h515-no

This was the appetizer sampler we got one year. Next time I'm just getting a large cheddar cheese soup!
I haven't been since 2009, before it was Signature. I loooooved it, though! But when I'm ready to break down and do a Signature steak house again, my pick is addressed later in your list here...

Kona Cafe
Since we're in the Poly we might as well have a meal (or a few) at Kona! Can't beat that Tonga Toast! Although you can get it at Captain Cooks too, but it's always nice to sit down at a TS restaurant.

D6JCG193PieiAg9sPX8esXK_9v2LI5DVh26ABv0UjNk6=w773-h515-no

Tonga Toast!
You already know all about my Kona breakfast plans for this December. :laughing:

Restaurant Marrakesh
This was a surprise find for me last year. I was looking for an ADR to a place we haven't tried yet. I never really hear much about Marrakesh but I booked it anyways. So when we went we didn't know what to expect but I really enjoyed the food! I got one of the "feasts" which was a lot of food (appetizer, soup, entree, and dessert!) but it was all delicious! There's a belly dancer too which adds to the ambiance. I went with my sister so I want to take DH there this time. I think he'd really enjoy it!

nqnAH1k-et_2wD23A9GMwHOX2O4t0ROA5cfoaaPT4Kgo=w771-h515-no

The belly dancing show at Restaurant Marrakesh

ziafhew9BCFWneoEOTGbX5_jgPS0VHTp5Xa-KM4adOzI=w687-h515-no

Tasty meat skewers at Restaurant Marrakesh
This is another one that I have been curious about for years! It always starts out on my ADR Wishlist, but gets cut by the end. I don't have room for it in 2015 or 2016, so hopefully 2017 will be my year for Marrakesh! It looks AMAZING! :goodvibes

Crystal Palace
I've only eaten breakfast here but it's my favorite meal to have buffet. The puffy French toast is so good! Can anyone comment if dinner is just as good?

FpIs302dYoUliPafKpFULfTqm9iIMIGJ2HR5KSacVJQc=w771-h515-no

A breakfast is not complete without Mickey waffles and puffy french toast!

5vT-ZDW5iX_jVYKjVBuioxaOdjOrc7hsEoMY6aFON3J_=w771-h515-no

Love the characters at breakfast!
I've only done dinner here, ages ago, but loved it! The character interaction was amazing, and the food was good! (I'm pretty easy to please, though.) :thumbsup2 Totally looking forward to having breakfast there in December, and checking out the breakfast lasagna and the puffed french toast! :bitelip:

Yachtsman Steakhouse
I really loved our dinner here, and I love the New England feel of the Yacht Club. I hope our waiter, David, is working there this time too! This is a pretty pricey restaurant, but I think it would be nice to go back one day.

Gf41XvEszmCWLUKniyua-Snc8BkznyE_cmxuHysLu2SC=w773-h515-no

A porterhouse smeared with herb butter...mmmm.
Mmmmm. Now THIS is on my ultimate ADR wishlist. I read @kastoney 's recent review of it, particularly the ribeye, and I had unclean thoughts. :rotfl: I need to work this ADR in my October trip somehow!!!

Akershus
I haven't eaten here since 2011 when I went for an all-girl trip with my sisters. We went for dinner, but I think I prefer the breakfast more.
I think we'll aim for breakfast this time! It's nice to be able to take pictures with most of the princesses at one go.

sFW2c5vlWcSklEoh5ldiRK3N9scD5oFKogCUBSwc3Vc=w771-h515-no

Posing with Snow White!

9gG30iIbpsZMZZHMo58w6MjG25g1souYZ3JX3mcDNPg=w771-h515-no

Swedish meatballs for dinner, although I think we'll do breakfast instead.
I'm doing Akershus for the first time, for breakfast, in December! I've never been, and as it's my aunt's first trip, I figured it would be a great one-stop-shop to get all the princesses! I'll let you know how breakfast is when I get back and do my Dining Report! :goodvibes

Be Our Guest
I actually like all meals at BoG, B, L and D! I've only been for dinner once so I'd like to go again, and we really enjoyed breakfast on this past trip too!
Dinner is the hardest ADR to get! But I've set my alarm - hopefully we'll be able to snag one!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv35%3B%3C%3Dot%3E2324%3D9%3B4%3D5%3A%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3B%3A%3A2729247ot1lsi

Enjoying the steak at BoG for dinner. Yes, I got the light-up souvenir goblet. It sits on my desk now!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8838%3Dot%3E2324%3D9%3B4%3D5%3A%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3B%3A%3A2733247ot1lsi

Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! (For the record, I DO like the grey stuff!)
I was online and ready right at 6am on my ADR day, and for my party of 3, I had a lot of options for dinner times! I snagged one with no problems at all. I hope you have the same luck as I did! :goodvibes

• Star Wars Launch Bay – Opening later this year, this interactive experience will take guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and Disneyland park in California into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as well as the first six films in the Star Wars saga.
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. :hyper: I am assuming it will be up and running in time for my December 4-11 trip, since the film hits theaters a week later.

With news that the Season of the Force fireworks may come early 2016...I am holding on to a little hope that we will be able to experience it during our trip. It's only on weekends which I am assuming is F, Sa, and Su.
You're probably 100% correct in your assumption. When I was there in Sept. 2014, they were doing the Frozen fireworks just on the weekends, and that meant Fri-Sun. :thumbsup2

In order of priority:

1) Victoria and Albert's - dinner
2) Be Our Guest - dinner
3) Ohana - dinner and breakfast
4) Garden Grill - breakfast
5) Le Cellier - dinner
6) Yachtsman Steakhouse - dinner
I think this looks PERFECT. :goodvibes

Congratulations! :woohoo: One step closer!!!

I am so excited for you! Sending lots and lots of pixie dust and good juju your way! :tinker:

Hi! :wave2: I've actually been subscribed and following along, but it's been on my phone and I hate typing on that, so finally here to comment.

Your trip just sounds amazing to me. A week on the Fantasy (with the Star Wars Day!) sound fantastic. AND a week at the Poly in a Studio?! Fabulous! Man, it almost makes me want to turn 40 too. :rotfl:

Glad that your sister can join you for a fair amount of the trip and you were able to accommodate her. We had a Deluxe Family Stateroom w/Verandah on the Dream and it was just like your picture - fairly roomy and I think you'll be fine with the three of you there.

Good luck with your ADRs! So many good places to get! :thumbsup2

Following your PTR. I'm turning 40 in 2016 too and and celebrating with a DCL western Caribbean sailing and a WDW trip. Also taking an AI trip to Jamaica. Your panning is helping me quite a bit with my early planning. Looking forward to reading more.

Hi! :wave2: I've actually been subscribed and following along, but it's been on my phone and I hate typing on that, so finally here to comment.

Your trip just sounds amazing to me. A week on the Fantasy (with the Star Wars Day!) sound fantastic. AND a week at the Poly in a Studio?! Fabulous! Man, it almost makes me want to turn 40 too. :rotfl:

Glad that your sister can join you for a fair amount of the trip and you were able to accommodate her. We had a Deluxe Family Stateroom w/Verandah on the Dream and it was just like your picture - fairly roomy and I think you'll be fine with the three of you there.

Good luck with your ADRs! So many good places to get! :thumbsup2

Yay! Great to see you here too! Excited to have you follow along! :cutie:
Haha I'm sure no one wants to turn 40...at this point, I have accepted it and am just rolling with it...in all honesty its more reason to keep going to WDW so that I can stay young! LOL

I'm glad to hear the Deluxe family stateroom will be ok...I am fully expecting to have cabin fever after we disembark, but I am sure we won't spend too much time in the stateroom. :rotfl:

Thanks! My ADR day is tomorrow! I will be like this:surfweb:

Following your PTR. I'm turning 40 in 2016 too and and celebrating with a DCL western Caribbean sailing and a WDW trip. Also taking an AI trip to Jamaica. Your panning is helping me quite a bit with my early planning. Looking forward to reading more.

Hi and :welcome:!!
Sounds like we have almost the same trip planned! I love the whole land and sea idea for vacation. Actually, anything Disney would be wonderful!
Good luck on your planning too! Your trip will be here before you know it. My 180 day mark is tomorrow so I have to make ADRs at 6am...not the funnest part about planning but it's what you have to do nowadays to get what you want at WDW! :surfweb:

ADR Wish List Part 2: New Restaurants

It's also ADR day tomorrow!!

Tomorrow early in the morning, I'll be doing this :surfweb:
Can't believe it's already the 180 day mark. That means in 6 months I'll be 40...:scared1: :faint:
But at least I'll be in Disney World!! :thumbsup2 :cheer2: :banana:

I always find it hard to decide between old favorites and new restaurants to make ADRs for. In my last post I mentioned all the restaurants we've enjoyed and want to go back to! So here are the new restaurants that we look forward to trying!

Victoria and Alberts

Well, I guess this is the quintessential splurge meal at Disney and I think a birthday would be the perfect time for it. In all honestly I would have splurged on it on a previous trip, but I knew we had to bring dress clothes and the last thing I want to pack on a Disney trip is formal attire, dress shoes, DH's suit etc. But since we will be packing for the cruise anyways, we will have fancy clothes with us, so the timing will be perfect! LOL. I like to be efficient. :laughing:

I love tasting menus (I just had a 15 course one plus wine pairing last night at Atera in New York City - it was outstanding) and combine that with a Disney World vacation and I'm one happy camper!!! This one will be a treat. Now, lets just hope I can get an ADR for this! My first choice will be the chef's table, if not then the Queen Victoria room, and then the regular dining room. But I'll be happy with any one!

Salmon-600x414.jpg

Look at that salmon! (image from Disney Food Blog)

California Grill

I've not really dined at the Contemporary much (we did go to Chef Mickey's once and was unimpressed), but I've heard great things about California Grill. I will definitely try this in the future, but not sure if it will definitely be this trip. If I can't get Victoria and Alberts, I think California Grill would be a good 2nd choice!

Pork-Belly-Nigiri-3-California-Grill-600x476.jpg

Pork Belly Nigiri (image from Disney Food Blog)

Beaches & Cream

This seems like a simple throwback ice cream parlor (with food!) but after a week on a cruise and all the other ADRs we have planned maybe we just want something simple. But really I'm just dying to try the grilled cheese and tomato soup! I hear it's delicious and I love a good grilled cheese!

tomato-bisque-and-grilled-cheese-sandwich-Beaches-and-Cream-600x390.jpg

Grilled cheese and tomato bisque (image from Disney Food Blog)

Whispering Canyon Cafe

I'm hoping to try this maybe for breakfast or lunch. It's currently not in the plan but I've wanted to try this place for a long time! This AYCE skillets do look really yummy and I'd probably try and get DH to order ketchup or lemons just for fun (he has no idea about all of this) so it would make a really hilarious video. Although the breakfast skillet does kinda look like the 'Ohana breakfast, which I was planning to do. I may have to save this for when Chunkysis comes along for the next trip as I think it's a fun group thing.

Whispering-Canyon-Cafe-All-You-Care-To-Enjoy-Breakfast-Skillet-for-One-700x498.jpg

The breakfast skillet at Whispering Canyon (image from Disney Food Blog)

Jiko

I'm probably not going to do many signature restaurants if we do manage to get V and A, but if we don't, then I think I'd throw in at least 2 just to "make up" for it, right? :rotfl: In that case, Jiko would be one of them! We really enjoy Boma and have admired Jiko from afar. We were usually on the dining plan so we never use our credits on signature meals. Since we'd be OOP for this trip, it wouldn't matter. I'd come here just for the Oak Grilled filet mignon but with the macaroni and cheese instead of the ancient grains they list on the menu. I've heard people say that you can do this, but I think I should call the restaurant to double check first.

Oak-Grilled-Filet-with-Mac-and-Cheese-Jiko-600x512.jpg

Oak-fire grilled filet with creamy mac n cheese (image from Disney Food Blog)

Via Napoli

This seems like a good option for Epcot. The pizzas look tasty, and I love a good pizza any time! I like the artisan style of the pizza - I am a crust snob and think this looks pretty good.

Carciofi-Pizza-Via-Napoli-600x400.jpg

(Image from Disney Food Blog)

The other places I really want to try aren't even open yet! So I have to save a few slots for these:

Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen

Seems like it will be kooky and fun, with all the dry humor from the skippers. I'd definitely like to eat here, then go on Jungle Cruise right after. :laughing: or maybe before, or...both!

buciewho743892-613x454.jpg

(image from Disney Website)
I wonder how the food is! I wonder if they will have alligator? :laughing:

Jock Lindsey's

Would love to see the whole theme and interior. If it's just like the Boathouse menu though I'm not going to be too keen. Save for a few things on the Boathouse menu that sound remarkable...it seems a little to much like a regular steakhouse...I mean I'm sure it's good but we'd prefer to try something more interesting. What I WOULD like to do though is to have drinks and snacks at the bar if we can. That would be fun.

NJHR5685963.jpg

(image from Disney Parks Blog)

Motimoto Asia

I love Japanese food and have always enjoyed Morimoto's. I used to go there for my birthday dinner for years (the one in NYC). Their flavors are truly some of the best I've sampled. I hope this one opens soon as now we have another option to eat at DTD/DS... I hope the menus will be similar. After a cruise I will really be in some need of some good Japanese/sushi, and I know Chef Morimoto will deliver!

morimoto-asia-00a.jpg

(image from Disney website)

We will have to wait until they announce ADRs for these restaurants. Until then, I'll probably just book some backup ADRs but I'm excited! That means I will have to play ADR tetris...what can we fit in where? LOL.

Wish me luck in a few hours!! :coffee::surfweb:

Last edited:
ADR Wish List Part 2: New Restaurants

It's also ADR day tomorrow!!

Good luck. Those are all great choices. V&A and Jiko are totally fabulous. I really want to try the Skipper Canteen too and probably do Morimoto for our date night. I want to try Jock Lindsey's, but I am not sure if we can fit it in. We will be staying at POR, so it might make sense to do DTD for dinner one night, besides date night. However, we will hopefully have so many Star Wars meals that I am not sure how to fit it all in either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter