4 Days, 4 Parks and 4 Years in a Row…Here We Go!! July 2012 Update 7.1.12

As my last update ended I alluded to ADRs however first I will explain the chaos we have had the last week! As I stated before Madison made the varsity soccer team which has no effect on a summer vacation except for the fact that the mandatory camp is set for the week we were planning our trip!! :eek:

This past weekend we took a road trip to see the Braves play in Atlanta and had 12 hours (round trip) in the car to discuss things. Keith did not make it easy for Madison at all! He made comments like: “There is a boat. Do you know where we see a big ship? In Mobile, on the way to Florida…oh what is in Florida? Disney…where we can’t go now!” And “This road reminds me of driving on I-10 through Florida…which we can’t do now!” And (pointing to a blue 18 wheeler) “What does that truck have in common with all of us? We are blue too because we can’t go to Disney!” He went on and on referencing things that a normal brain would never be able to twist into a Disney reference! :rotfl:

One thing to come from all of this is that Keith first accused me of scheming by taking him to Disney the last few years and getting him where he wants to go to now inform him he can’t go! :confused3 So he admitted that he enjoys going at least to DTD and Epcot! I now no longer have to sit there and “know” without him actually saying it! :yay:

We looked at many options including going without Madison and I am sure you can imagine how well that went over! :sad2: She said we can’t have a “family vacation” when part of the family isn’t there! Keith and I need a vacation from our demanding jobs and that doesn’t mean taking off and hanging out at the house! It means relaxation and recreation and enjoyment!! So we looked at the calendar and came up with three weeks. Only one of the three was available for Keith to take off from work so I called to make sure we could still get the military discount for that week. That was a go and the only thing now is that the kids have to miss one of the three mission trips they had planned this summer. I feel really bad about that but to keep this as a family of four vacation and not a couples vacation this has become our only option. So our new dates are…………………….July 8-13! The week prior!! That means today is 65 days from our trip!!

As for the resort, well that scenario is removing the 4 Resort portion from this PTR! When I called to check I thought “Why not see if PO has anything?” This is where Keith loves staying and it would add to his happiness! Sure enough they had availability at POFQ Garden View! So I switched our resort from CBR to POFQ! This is a little sad since I like trying new places and was really looking forward to CBR but I think staying at POFQ will make Keith a happy boy!

IMG_2337.jpg

Next up for changes were the ADRs! Well, I managed to salvage almost everything and I also managed to add something! So I am now picking up where I left off! This is what I was going to say:

Keith made a few things clear last year and one was he does not like character meals! He also did not like to eat too early and he wants the big meals in the evening. And one thing I have known for sure and certain is he loves T-Rex!! So T-Rex was a must this trip as in every trip!! He also surprised me by suggesting we go to Hoop De Doo again! The stipulation was sitting close (thus we could not use the DDP for credits here since I am not eating at 9:30pm!) Remember I said he dislikes any kind of musical show, dancing or acting!? Well this really surprised me! Of course he said for us to go here due to the kids and I seemed to enjoy it but whatever, he also did declare the food pretty good and the beer is included!

I thought maybe he would like the Spirit of Aloha and that we could try something different but nope! He wanted to go back to HDDR!! I guess that other dinner show is reserved for a girl’s trip sometime!

When he initially told me to look into the possibility of this trip being budget worthy, we were actually having a conversation about food and future ADRs. I was describing 3 places I wanted us to try in October (trying to convince a trip here!). He went on to suggest the July trip. So what were those three restaurants? Ohana, Biergarten and Cape May dinner. Turns out we are doing one of the three this trip! Cape May is closed due to refurb and Biergarten was ruled out by little miss picky Madison! I was hesitant to pay for her to pick at her food!

Here is a rundown of where I have ADRs and one cancelled. When I do my day-by-day we will discuss the when of the ADRs! :laughing:

Ohana—This one is new to us but I have heard wonderful things and I am really excited! This particular evening should be a fun one!!

images-8.jpg

T-Rex—This is per Keith’s request but we all enjoy eating here. T-Rex has become our must do on each trip!

IMG_2514.jpg

Hoop de Doo Revue—This will be the 2nd time we go here. I know our seats will not be this good:

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

But we will still have a good time, no doubt!!

Sci-Fi—This is another one Keith requested. He asked for either Sci-Fi or 50’s Primetime. Since we went to 50’s PTC last year I chose Sci-Fi. Chris is already excited for onion rings and milkshakes!!

IMG_4922.jpg

Les Chefs de France—This is the one place I missed last year due to cancelling since I made the ADR too early. One of the band directors ate here in March and said it was really good. I know there are mixed reviews but I cannot wait to decide for myself!!

IMG_4917.jpg

Garden Grill—Yes, a character meal!! One day Keith mentioned the kids liked the character meals and to add one. We could do breakfast and he could skip and meet up with us. Well, I asked the kids if they really wanted to go (they are 18 and 16 now!) and they said yes. We love Tusker House and Ohana but we have done those several times. Madison requested Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey’s (Chris said whatever!). I had CM one time for breakfast and felt it was a huge waste of money!! I made an ADR at Crystal Palace for breakfast but then on further reflection and playing with the online ADR Reservation function I started investigating Garden Grill. The reason the kids chose this one and we cancelled CP was 1) the restaurant rotates, 2) Mickey is dressed in farmer clothes, 3) some of the food comes from LWTL and 4) we have never been here before! (One thing I was shocked about and seriously contemplated was the fact that I had 5 time options, yes FIVE, for both lunch and dinner at CRT!!! I could not believe that there were so many openings with just three months before our trip! One day soon we will eat here but this trip I felt it was better to skip, but boy was I tempted!!!!)

IMG_0452.jpg

Via Napoli-- This is a last minute add-on. I have wanted to try VN ever since it opened and I figure we can get pizza and salad plus enjoy the new experience!

8-16-11050.jpg

Basically, we will be in Orlando for 5 full days and I have 7 table service meals…as you can tell, we love to eat!!

Well this is the new line-up!

What we kept: T-Rex, Garden Grill, Ohana, Hoop de Doo, Les Chefs de France and Sci-Fi.

What we lost: Via Napoli due to the earliest ADR for lunch being 12:50pm and we have a huge, early dinner planned. This isn’t feasible. I do plan to monitor the situation in case something earlier becomes available.

What we added: Cape May!! Evidently the closing is set for 7.9.2012 so I looked to see if anything was available and there was a time on arrival night! I really hope this one pans out okay!!

IMG_2873.jpg

I am pleased with how things were switched so easily! And very little had to be sacrificed! In the end we may not eat at every place booked but I am glad we have the options open!!

Let me make sure I have covered everything before I get to our actual plans for each day!

Party of 4: DH-Keith, Me-Tisa, DS-Chris and DD Madison………….CHECK!
4 Years in a Row: 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012…………………………….CHECK!
4 Day Tickets: Military Tickets, 4 Day Park Hoppers…………………..CHECK!
4 Mod Resorts: POR (‘10), CSR (‘10), POFQ (‘11) and CBR (‘12).…No: change to POFQ and no more CBR!
4 Parks: Yes we will be going to all 4 parks…………………………………CHECK!
And our way more than 4 ADRS (7 to be exact!)...........................CHECK!

I believe we have things narrowed down a bit. Next I will begin a breakdown of all my planning!!

Well that was certainly worth waiting for! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get thing worked out to where you are still going to WDW as a family. We've been to Disney before without Lacey and it just didn't feel the same so I agere with Madison...it's not a family vacation without the entire family.

I think that Keith's finally been bitten by the Disney bug!

Yay! So glad for you that things came together and you didn't have to cancel :) Garden Grill was our character meal in Feb and we loved it. If its not too busy, make sure you request one of the booths on the bottom level. You can't see anyone else in the restaurant and it makes you feel like you have the place to yourselves. The character interaction was awesome! They each stopped by our table numerous times and were great with my DS. The food was so yummy. Our only problem was our server. He was really slow and we didn't get enough refills to make it truly "all-you-can-eat". Just keep on top of your server and it should be a great meal!

I just changed from the Poly to POFQ for this July trip too :) Looking forward to trying a new resort, but I will miss my Poly! We resort hopped to FQ on our Feb trip and we just loved it, so I am willing to give it a try.

So glad you are back on track. Can't wait for more!

Well that was certainly worth waiting for! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get thing worked out to where you are still going to WDW as a family. We've been to Disney before without Lacey and it just didn't feel the same so I agere with Madison...it's not a family vacation without the entire family.

I think that Keith's finally been bitten by the Disney bug!

Glad it was worth the wait!! :goodvibes Patience paid off!! LOL I couldn't imagine going without Madison but it also defeated the purpose of the family vacation this year since it could be one of the last (or rather fewer) with both kids. Plus the oldest appears to be heading to Australia for a year so we want to hold tight to these two! :(

I think he has been bitten by a small bug and I hope the bug bite will grow!! :rotfl2:

Yay! So glad for you that things came together and you didn't have to cancel :) Garden Grill was our character meal in Feb and we loved it. If its not too busy, make sure you request one of the booths on the bottom level. You can't see anyone else in the restaurant and it makes you feel like you have the place to yourselves. The character interaction was awesome! They each stopped by our table numerous times and were great with my DS. The food was so yummy. Our only problem was our server. He was really slow and we didn't get enough refills to make it truly "all-you-can-eat". Just keep on top of your server and it should be a great meal!

I just changed from the Poly to POFQ for this July trip too :) Looking forward to trying a new resort, but I will miss my Poly! We resort hopped to FQ on our Feb trip and we just loved it, so I am willing to give it a try.

So glad you are back on track. Can't wait for more!

Thank you! I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed Garden Grill and the tips! The more I hear about the restaurant the more excided I get.

I love the Poly! It is on my list of "must stay at"! POFQ was great last year. We love the size of the resort but the boat ride is the main reason Keith prefers staying there. I personally like the pool at POR better and we will probably head that way for some swimming. The pool at POFQ seems very preschoolish!

I am glad we were back on track too! :goodvibes It was a little depressing when we thought about havign to cancel!

I'm so glad that everything worked out for all 4 of you to go! We were first timers at Via Napoli and Ohana this trip and loved them both. My DH's favorite place is Cape May, so I really hope that that ADR works out for you and that you all enjoy it--it's really good (please eat at least 2 dozen oreo bonbons for me).

So glad that Keith is finally professing his love for Disney. That certainly makes vacation planning a lot easier!

I personally like the pool at POR better and we will probably head that way for some swimming. The pool at POFQ seems very preschoolish!

I agree. That is why I love that they are "sister" resorts...I'm sure we will head up to Riverside a few times during our stay. They say the store up there is better than FQ too :)

Sounds fun! I love all your ADRs. How long is Cape May closing for? I hadn't heard that.

You have a beautiful family!

Yay!:dance3: So happy to hear it worked out for everyone to go. I agree it's not a true family vacation if someone is missing. That's why in our family there are now 13 of us schlepping around WDW together. Wouldn't have it any other way! As the (grand)babies come, we just load 'em up and bring 'em along. Fortunately my kids and my extra kids (in-laws) are wonderful adults that we love being around. There's no place like Disney to create such awesome family memories.

On another point, your ADR's sound great! Too bad you had to drop Via Napoli though. We ate there last year just after it opened and loved it! Next time! Can't wait to hear what you think about GG. We haven't done that character meal and would like to try it. We are planning to do Hoop De Doo in January and I've been wanting to do that for a while.

Nice move getting POFQ for Keith. Sounds like he's more than a little happy about the trip! Good thing you're a stellar planner! You don't have much time, girl!:hyper:

Don't you love the suspense!! popcorn:: I just got details down! And I was planning to update right now but an invite to lunch has trumped that plan! :rolleyes1 But I have it ready and will post very soon!! :yay:
Such a tease! I think that's a Southern Belle thing.....and I LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

Madison made the varsity soccer team
Yea Madison! :cool1:

Keith did not make it easy for Madison at all! He made comments like: “There is a boat. Do you know where we see a big ship? In Mobile, on the way to Florida…oh what is in Florida? Disney…where we can’t go now!” And “This road reminds me of driving on I-10 through Florida…which we can’t do now!” And (pointing to a blue 18 wheeler) “What does that truck have in common with all of us? We are blue too because we can’t go to Disney!” He went on and on referencing things that a normal brain would never be able to twist into a Disney reference! :rotfl:
Keith and I would get along just fine! I do this all the time. Hey, it keeps everyone on their toes! :lmao:

So our new dates are…………………….July 8-13!

Sure enough they had availability at POFQ Garden View! So I switched our resort from CBR to POFQ! This is a little sad since I like trying new places and was really looking forward to CBR
Woohoo! Glad you were able to work things out and not have to cancel. I like to try new places as well. On our trip at the end of this month, I had to wait until the 60 day window to use some DVC points in holding to add a day to our reservations. I was kind of glad that our original resort wasn't available so now we get to experience another resort in the same trip!

He also surprised me by suggesting we go to Hoop De Doo again!
We have never done HDDR but have it reserved for 5/20/12 and can't wait especially since it will shut down for a refurb this fall. I wanted to make sure we saw the "before" and then later see the "after".

What we lost: Via Napoli due to the earliest ADR for lunch being 12:50pm and we have a huge, early dinner planned.

What we added: Cape May!! Evidently the closing is set for 7.9.2012 so I looked to see if anything was available and there was a time on arrival night! I really hope this one pans out okay!!
Sorry about Via Napoli but there's always the new wine bar in Italy - Tutto Gusto wine cellar! :drinking1
Cape May is definately on our bucket list. I look forward to your review.

Everything sounds fantastic! I can't wait!

I'm so glad that everything worked out for all 4 of you to go! We were first timers at Via Napoli and Ohana this trip and loved them both. My DH's favorite place is Cape May, so I really hope that that ADR works out for you and that you all enjoy it--it's really good (please eat at least 2 dozen oreo bonbons for me).

So glad that Keith is finally professing his love for Disney. That certainly makes vacation planning a lot easier!

Barring no travel issues I made Cape May late enough that I don't think we should have problems getting to Orlando too late. Oreo bonbons sound so good...I think I just gained 5 lbs!! :rotfl2: This was the one place I really think Keith will enjoy and I have heard many good things so I was excited to realize we could fit it in with our plans! I am a little disappointed in Via Napoli not being available when I need it but I am not giving up yet!

It makes the planning so much more fun with him admitting he enjoys Disney, even if it isn't every aspect. Having him give input definitely makes the planning easier!!

I agree. That is why I love that they are "sister" resorts...I'm sure we will head up to Riverside a few times during our stay. They say the store up there is better than FQ too :)

I agree! I think it is an added bonus to be able to walk back and forth plus it is so peaceful there! I remember POR's store being really good and I bought much more there in 2010 than I purchased at POFQ last year. So although my memory can't compare very well, my purchases may indicate a lot! :)

Sounds fun! I love all your ADRs. How long is Cape May closing for? I hadn't heard that.

You have a beautiful family!

Thank you! I:goodvibes am partial to them!!

Thank you! I am very excited about my ADRs! I think this year has me the most excited to eat! Per AllEars the dates are 7.9-8.14.2012 and then I think Yachtsman is closing for refurb.

Yay!!!! I was hoping that everything would work out and it did. So happy for you guys. :goodvibes

Thank you!! The kids are a little disappointed in missing the mission trip and Chris is on the fence so we will see if he changes his mind but regardless the plan is set and Keith says "We ARE Going"!! :hyper:

Yay!:dance3: So happy to hear it worked out for everyone to go. I agree it's not a true family vacation if someone is missing. That's why in our family there are now 13 of us schlepping around WDW together. Wouldn't have it any other way! As the (grand)babies come, we just load 'em up and bring 'em along. Fortunately my kids and my extra kids (in-laws) are wonderful adults that we love being around. There's no place like Disney to create such awesome family memories.

On another point, your ADR's sound great! Too bad you had to drop Via Napoli though. We ate there last year just after it opened and loved it! Next time! Can't wait to hear what you think about GG. We haven't done that character meal and would like to try it. We are planning to do Hoop De Doo in January and I've been wanting to do that for a while.

Nice move getting POFQ for Keith. Sounds like he's more than a little happy about the trip! Good thing you're a stellar planner! You don't have much time, girl!:hyper:

It is great that your family all gets along and travel together! What awesome memories!! :goodvibes I am still watching for a Via Napoli opening. If we do not make it this trip though, it will be on our next trip along with Biergarten! HDDR was a lot of fun! And the food wasn't too bad either!

Keith is very excited about getting the room at POFQ! If this were my first go at planning a Disney trip I think I would be crazy with all that has happended!! :faint:

Such a tease! I think that's a Southern Belle thing.....and I LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

Who doesn't love a Southern Belle?! :confused3 LOL

Yea Madison! :cool1:

We are very proud of her!!!!

Keith and I would get along just fine! I do this all the time. Hey, it keeps everyone on their toes! :lmao:

It makes life interesting and fun!! Keith definitely looks at a glass as half full and interjects humor in everything! Thank goodness!!

Woohoo! Glad you were able to work things out and not have to cancel. I like to try new places as well. On our trip at the end of this month, I had to wait until the 60 day window to use some DVC points in holding to add a day to our reservations. I was kind of glad that our original resort wasn't available so now we get to experience another resort in the same trip!

I enjoy trying new places and things. I really hope our next trip will allow me time to rent some DVC points! Since Keith has now admitted to liking Epcot I think I am going to try an Epcot resort!!

We have never done HDDR but have it reserved for 5/20/12 and can't wait especially since it will shut down for a refurb this fall. I wanted to make sure we saw the "before" and then later see the "after".

Oh that will be cool! You will have to let me know how the "after" is! I believe you guys will really enjoy HDDR!!

Sorry about Via Napoli but there's always the new wine bar in Italy - Tutto Gusto wine cellar! :drinking1
Cape May is definately on our bucket list. I look forward to your review.

Everything sounds fantastic! I can't wait!

I told Keith about the wine bar in Italy and it is on our list to try out so if I can't make it to VN maybe this will be a good substitute!

Hopefully my future updates will not have so much drama!! :laughing:

When I do my TRs and PTRs I write everything in a Word document and then copy and paste when I get ready to update. I have lost too many updates by typing directly into the Reply box!! :badpc: You would think this would make it easy for me to update in a timelier manner yet my life goes 100 miles an hour sometimes and even pre-typing does not make updates easier! :sad2: I say all of this since I had already completed days 1 and 2. So I am going to do as I did with the ADRs and post what was going to happen and what is now planned! Purple will be the “before” and the green will be the “now” that I am adding…well…now!! That was as far as I had written, though so future posts will not be so detailed…unless you want it to be! But really there won’t be much of a change.

One thing that I am (humbly) impressed with is that I have basically planned this trip and got great ADRs within a short 4 month time frame! Of course I already know a lot about what I want to do so it really comes down to putting it all on paper! What impresses me even more is how easily and quickly I got things switched to the previous week and I still have the same basic plan with only a few tweaks! :goodvibes

So we will begin with Day 1-Saturday, July 14. This is our travel day so we really don’t plan much. We will get up before dawn, load the car and drive 11 or so hours to the land of our magical home. Hopefully we will arrive around 4pm or so, check-in to the hotel and rest for a bit. By 6pm we will head down to DTD and eat at some place like Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck’s Express.

IMG_1198.jpg

Deliciousness...

IMG_1204.jpg

We will do a little shopping and then we will head back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep. This has become the tradition for our first night in town and it seems to build the “we have arrived at Disney” excitement. The next day is a PARK DAY!!!

Since we are driving :drive: the plan for Saturday, July 7 remains pretty much the same. But since I was able to snag that ADR at Cape May :woohoo: we will be breaking tradition and going to the Beach Club Resort for a 7:20pm ADR. Is it a bad thing to break tradition? As in…bad luck? Oh please tell me no! I’m not superstitious except when it comes to sporting events so I am hoping this is just a “let’s mix it up” break!!

Anyhoo…since we leave so early every year and still make it by 5pm (even with stops and food breaks) I felt like 7:20 should be fine even with us going to the hotel to check in, rest a bit and drive over to BC.
I hope to be able to look around BC some and get a feel for the place since it will be my first time gracing this property’s presence! Then we will head back and get some sleep because as I said before tomorrow is a PARK DAY!!!

Day 2-Sunday, July 15. Now July 8 We will eat breakfast and check-out of our hotel. Our next stop will be Caribbean Beach Resort. Hopefully this will be around 7:30am. I plan to do online check-in so the check-in process will hopefully be painless and quick! At one point I thought we could go straight to Epcot but then I realized we would have to pay to park! I know from last year that the latter plan works just perfectly! Then it will be off to the first park of the day!! EPCOT!!!!!!

Well this doesn’t change much except for we will head to POFQ and check-in!

IMG_1506.jpg

We did this last year and it worked perfectly! Last year our room was in building 5 which was awesome! We had a great view of the pool (although it really didn’t matter since room time was spent sacked out from exhaustion!!)

I plan to request Building 2,4, or 5. I think that surely one of these three request can be granted!! I really don’t want building 7! Although it is closer to POR for us to visit, it is further from everything else than I want to be!

IMG_1851.jpg

We should arrive at Epcot prior to Rope Drop (goal is 8:30am). Our first objective will be Soarin’ . If nothing else we will just grab FPs for this ride. Keith got motion sick on Soarin’ the one and only time he rode, so he will probably sit this one out. Depending on the stand-by time we may ride stand-by and then grab FPs (or just do stand-by) but that will be a decide when we get there decision! I feel like Soarin’ may be crazy with Test Track down! And hopefully that seat belt issue will be completely resolved by then!!

We will finish up with Soarin’ and head over to Living with the Land and then it will be off to Mission Space! Hopefully we will have time to wrap up Future World by seeing Spaceship Earth and Journey to Imagination. Since we have many opportunities in Epcot, I do not plan to stress over what does and does not get done in FW on this particular morning!

Next in the “plan” is to head off to Italy via the Friendship Boat. We did this last year and liked the laid back jaunt across the lagoon!
Lunch is at Via Napoli!! I am really excited about this and can’t wait to enjoy the pizza here! We will be eating pizza and possibly the salad. We really just need fuel for the mid-day and not a heavy meal. I just want the opportunity to eat at VN! We have a big dinner planned and pretty early so that is one reason for not eating a heavy lunch, plus it will be hot and humid! It is July after all!!!

As of now, since the available VN reservations are so late we will head to England and Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe! We have yet to try this place but it is so highly recommended in the Touring Plans chat group that I am just as excited to eat fish and chips here!! This was actually in my first plan before I reserved VN so in reality I am simply going back to “Plan A”!

After lunch, we could go through the Canadian Pavilion and see the movie. It all depends on the time and our desire. If our room is ready we will then head back to CBR POFQ to get settled and then begin preparing for dinner!! Another meal I am looking so forward to!!

Going all green now since this plan is exactly the same…just a different day!!
We will head to Magic Kingdom and then take a ferry over to one of my favorite resorts to explore! (And one I plan to one day stay!) Our destination is the Polynesian and ‘Ohana!! I have read so many TRs since last June and the reports seem to be good on this place. Plus the pictures look so yummy!!

After dinner the family will split up. Magic Kingdom has EMH so Madison and Chris will head there. Keith and I will go via the monorail to Epcot! We will head directly to World Showcase to grab some drinks and meander through a few countries enjoying the scenery. Then we will make our way to the Boardwalk (my #1 Deluxe I wish to stay!) and Jellyrolls. I am hoping there will be some entertainment along the Boardwalk but all the schedules I have seen shows nothing on Sundays. Jellyrolls gets huge raves from everything I can tell but we never get a chance to break away and go. Hopefully this will be our chance!

Now things get murky because I am not planning anything other than we will either 1) take a taxi back to CBR POFQ or (2 we will grab a bus to MK and meet up with the kids. Obviously this depends on many factors including the time, our tiredness and what actually happens because as I learned last year every great plan can be changed! (And now even this year I can state this fact!!)

Eventually we will return to our rooms and crash. :faint: Our next day is about as laid back as I have ever planned!!

Our first objective will be Soarin’. And hopefully that seat belt issue will be completely resolved by then!!

Yes...it's back up!

Epcot's Soarin' temporarily closed for urgent maintenance
May 04, 2012

Epcot's most popular attraction, Soarin', has been temporarily closed for urgent maintenance. Yesterday a guest managed to exit the glider prior to take off, which has now raised questions about how the guest circumvented the restraint system. Although there were no injuries, Soarin' at Disney's California Adventure has also been closed pending the investigation. No word yet on when the ride will reopen, but with Test Track also closed, you can be sure that Disney will be working flat-out to get Soarin' back in the air.

And then later today...
Soarin' has reopened to guests after earlier closure
May 04, 2012

Soarin' at Epcot has now reopened to guests after closing for urgent maintenance yesterday.

Yea!! :cool1:

I don't think it's a bad omen or bad luck, just an opportunity for a great meal! We LOVE Cape May.

Your Epcot day sounds nice. I hope that Soarin' isn't too crazy for you guys and that you get to ride twice!

Too bad that VN only had later ressies, we really enjoyed the pizza-I hope that you'll keep it on your list for next year. I've never eaten in England, can't wait to hear how you like it.

If your family is anything like mine, you'll love Ohana too. It's one of DH's new must dos (if only he knew how hard that ressie can be to get! :lmao::lmao:) for every trip. I haven't been to Jellyrolls for about 8 years, but we had a lot of fun there when we went. I hope that it works out for you and Keith to try it.

The Poly and the BWI are my top deluxes too (followed closely the the BC). We did stay at BWI on our honeymoon, and it was great.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Love your posts and congrats to your DD on making the Varsity team! :yay:
I don't find your reports obsessive. You're organized! I enjoy the reasoning behind your choices. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear your plan for AK. I'm reluctant to visit this park during July. It seems like an October-May experience.

Question: We are also driving. The reports on morning bus service to MK are clear as mud. Should we drive or take our chances on missing a bus and waiting for another one?

Looking forward to more insights into your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter