4 Days, 4 Parks and 4 Years in a Row…Here We Go!! July 2012 Update 7.1.12

Thank you! Our house was a very happy place to be last night!! :cheer2: I suppose you understood my Ole Miss comment then! :rolleyes1 I graduated from Southern Mississippi and we are huge supporters of them but Keith is a major State fan also--especially the baseball program. We had discussed driving over to Hoover yesterday nit we had just spent a ton over the week going to the Conference USA tournament that was here locally. So we decided to not make the drive and wish we had now!

Keith cannot fathom pulling for any other SEC team but I guess since I grew up pulling for USM I can pull for most SEC schools. I grew up 10 miles from the LA/MS line and spent more time in LA so in some ways I feel as much a part of Louisiana as Mississippi!! We were about 50 minutes from Baton Rouge and I have been to more games at LSU than any other SEC school. I had tons of friends attend there so I generally pull for LSU too! Y'all may not have made it to the final Conf. tourney game but I think that team should go far through the regionals and onward to Omaha!!

Oh yes, I definitely understood the Ole Miss comment. :rotfl: I bet y'alls house was very happy! It's always makes for a fun night when your teams wins such a big game. :goodvibes

It's like you have dual citizenship for both LA & MS! :laughing: I love Tiger Stadium. No one can convince me that there is anywhere better to be on a Saturday night in the fall. :love: I'm guessing that you can't pull for LSU when we're playing Miss State though. :lmao:

I'm really hoping LSU at least makes it to Omaha. *fingers crossed*

The lights came on while you were in Space Mountain? That would be soooo cool! I always wondered what it looked like in there :)

I'm so excited to try POFQ for the first time in July! We just fell in love when we visited it for breakfast back in Feb. Can't wait to stay there......50 more days :banana:

Oh yes, I definitely understood the Ole Miss comment. :rotfl: I bet y'alls house was very happy! It's always makes for a fun night when your teams wins such a big game. :goodvibes

It's like you have dual citizenship for both LA & MS! :laughing: I love Tiger Stadium. No one can convince me that there is anywhere better to be on a Saturday night in the fall. :love: I'm guessing that you can't pull for LSU when we're playing Miss State though. :lmao:

I'm really hoping LSU at least makes it to Omaha. *fingers crossed*

Yes you guessed correctly! There would be mutany if I pulled for LSU and not State!! :lmao: No one can understand what Tiger Stadium is like by mere words! You have to experience it!!

LSU got a pretty good draw on the Regional! If they contiue playing ball like they have been, Omaha may not be a stretch!! :yay: But of course we are also pulling for State in Tallahassee! :rolleyes1 And not Florida State!!

The lights came on while you were in Space Mountain? That would be soooo cool! I always wondered what it looked like in there :)

I'm so excited to try POFQ for the first time in July! We just fell in love when we visited it for breakfast back in Feb. Can't wait to stay there......50 more days :banana:

They did come on right at the beginning! I was laughing so hard I was crying! It really makes it a different version of Space Mtn!!

We really liked both POR and POFQ! I hope you guys enjoys as much as we did/do! I am at 38 days today! I can't believe it has gotten so close!!

Obviously I am behind one day but we had family over yesterday for the holiday so of course that trumped the DisBoards! I plan to do a double update tonight to get back on track! 38 days!! :woohoo:

Saturday, May 28, 2011

So one year ago what were we doing? We were heading back to the Magic Kingdom!! Most people tend to spread parks out but we did Magic Kingdom back to back because Keith does not care for Magic Kingdom...AT ALL!! So I didn't want to subject him to a full day if I didn't have to!

On Friday we had an amazing day!! On Saturday morning my mom (my mom went with us on this trip, have I mentioned that?!) asked "So what's the plan for today?". I responded, "What plan? I mean there was a plan but yesterday was so amazing we don't have much to do as "musts"! So what did we do!?

Well....we began the day seeing this again!!!

IMG_1716.jpg

Then we headed off to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! We rode this three times in a row...NO WAITING!!!

IMG_1732.jpg

We grabbed some FPs for Splash Mtn and then head towards Tomorrowland where we rode

IMG_1741.jpg

Astro Orbiters....which really bores me. But the view is pretty cool!

MK3day2.jpg

And then we rode:

IMG_1749.jpg

THREE TIMES...NO WAITING!!!!

And then we were off to

IMG_1750.jpg

And to

IMG_1768.jpg

Before trying this for the first time

IMG_1776.jpg

I cannot believe it took me this long to experience this but it is a must for me now!!!

Then we exited Tomorrowland and headed to Fantasyland where we rode:

IMG_1792.jpg

Before walking onto:

IMG_1780.jpg

One of my favorites!!!

Then we saw

IMG_1781.jpg

Just before we rode:

IMG_1788.jpg

It was now time to use those FPs for Splash Mtn but not before we stopped and watched:

IMG_1802.jpg

Then it was time for Splash!!

We only got a little wet!!

IMG_1831.jpg

Hooray for another amazing day!!!! Keith had to work and couldn't arrive until Saturday so his plane was set to land at 1pm. Just as we exited Splash I got a call from him that he was at the resort: it was 1:30pm!!! It took him 30 minutes to land, gather his things and get to Magical Express before arriving at POFQ!!

We had had another great morning!! It was unreal all we got to accomplish in such a short time. It could have been thanks to the morning crowds looking something like this:

IMG_1725.jpg

We returned to the resort and rested a bit until 4:30 when we headed back to MK. We had time for one ride/attraction. What did we choose?

IMG_1856.jpg

Can you guess from this picture?

If not how about this one?!

IMG_1854.jpg

It was a hit but we had dinner reservations it was pretty much a bust. We are probably one of the only ones that did not enjoy 1900 Park Fare!

But the characters were great!!

IMG_1884.jpg

After dinner it was back to MK for

IMG_1734.jpg

and

IMG_1935.jpg

and

IMG_1938.jpg

And then it was time to go rest up for a day
at Epcot!!! Next post will be May 29th!!

Love the memory recaps. I do think you can accomplish a lot when you're there at rope drop. We've never tried the afternoon break mostly because we don't get there early enough to need one :rotfl: and also because we save swimming for our "off park days" since my daughter hates having to give her kids baths and get them ready again after afternoon swimming. This may change as the kids all get older who knows. I am determined to see the Good Morning Show at MK in January though. I think we can make it just once for rope drop!! :woohoo:

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday was our first day at my favorite park: EPCOT!!!

Prior to leaving the resort, we learned that Keith would prefer to eat at DTD so we cancelled a reservation to Kouzzinas (which my mom really wanted to try) and made one for a DTD restaurant.

Then we were off to Epcot!!

First stop? We needed Fast Passes for Test Track!!

IMG_1986.jpg

And then we went to

IMG_1967.jpg

Before giving this a try:

IMG_1977.jpg

But now it was time to use those FPs

IMG_2000.jpg

Then we headed off to Mexico to ride

IMG_2024.jpg

Before our lunch at San Angel Inn

IMG_2065.jpg

Leaving Mexico we begin a trek around World Showcase...so next is Norway!!

IMG_2081.jpg

And of course a ride on Maelstrom!

IMG_2225.jpg

And then China!!!

IMG_2090.jpg

I love this museum plus we saw the movie!!

IMG_2113.jpg

Then on around the world we go to Germany and some amazing caramels!!!

IMG_2211.jpg

And while we enjoyed caramels, German beer and pretzels we looked around the stores a bit.

IMG_2203.jpg

Next is Italy and one of our favorite places to buy chocolate souvenirs!!

IMG_2189.jpg

And seeing these amazing sisters!! This was also a first but they were awesome!!

IMG_2197.jpg

Epcot2.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

American Adventure was our next destination!! We listened to the Voices of Liberty and then saw the show!

IMG_2167.jpg

Then we were off to France to see Belle!!

IMG_2153.jpg

While my mom and Madison waited to see Belle I heard drums and took off in the direction we had just come...to Japan!!

IMG_2147.jpg

And then we watched this entertaining waiter:

IMG_2157.jpg

Whew!! We had accomplished so much and seen some great entertainment!! One final stop at Spaceship Earth and then it was back to the resort!!

IMG_2263.jpg

We rested for a little while and then took one of our favorite forms of Disney transportation!!!

IMG_2285.jpg

Soon we were at DTD and shopping until our 9:30pm reservations at:

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

The food was awesome but our waiter was TERRIBLE!!! We exited and loaded onto a bus at 11:30pm where we dragged ourselves up three flights of stairs and collapsed.

The next day is Memorial Day and this is one day I do not want to relive!! But I must....

Love the memory recaps. I do think you can accomplish a lot when you're there at rope drop. We've never tried the afternoon break mostly because we don't get there early enough to need one :rotfl: and also because we save swimming for our "off park days" since my daughter hates having to give her kids baths and get them ready again after afternoon swimming. This may change as the kids all get older who knows. I am determined to see the Good Morning Show at MK in January though. I think we can make it just once for rope drop!! :woohoo:

Glad you are enjoying my journey back in time!

What we accomplish by being there at Rope Drop is what keeps me getting there early! It is amazing!! If I had children I had to bathe, clothe, feed, etc, my touring would be entirely different too!! I even skip the pool sometimes because I don't want to give myself a bath and redress!! :lmao:

The morning show is so good!! It just makes me happy!!! :goodvibes

WOW! Y'all were really accomplishing a lot in the parks! :thumbsup2

I really, really want to try Kouzzina's one day.

Very foreboding ending. :eek: I'm a little scared to read about the next day.

WOW! Y'all were really accomplishing a lot in the parks! :thumbsup2

I really, really want to try Kouzzina's one day.

Very foreboding ending. :eek: I'm a little scared to read about the next day.

I was so afraid Memorial Day weekend would be crazy and overall it wasn't...well except one day....:rolleyes1

Skipping Kouzzina was a disappoinment and I definitely plan to go. I thought about trying it this trip but my mom really wants to go and I hope to have her back within a year and a half or so...so I decided to hold off! I have so many ADRs I am excited about anyhow!

It is foreboding...and it makes me cringe thinking back!! :scared:

I was so afraid Memorial Day weekend would be crazy and overall it wasn't...well except one day....:rolleyes1

Skipping Kouzzina was a disappoinment and I definitely plan to go. I thought about trying it this trip but my mom really wants to go and I hope to have her back within a year and a half or so...so I decided to hold off! I have so many ADRs I am excited about anyhow!

It is foreboding...and it makes me cringe thinking back!! :scared:

That's really sweet of you to wait for your mom to try Kouzzina. :goodvibes

Ok, I'm getting really anxious to hear about this cringe-worthy day. :scared:

Monday, May 30, 2011: MEMORIAL DAY

Let's count the ways this day could go wrong:
1) Introduction and Performance of The new American Idol:Scott
McCreary
2) No Park Hoppers
3) More people crammed into Hollywood Studios than sardines in a can
4) Foul moods....but never really sure why!

So just how did this day pan out?

Let's begin with a bright and beautiful day:

IMG_2339.jpg

We made it to the park around 8:30 am which was later than I wanted. After all to do the running of the bulls to Toy Story Mania you must arrive early! Evidently these people thought the same thing!

IMG_2341.jpg

As did these people!

IMG_2342.jpg

As the Rope Drop time gets closer we begin hearing a spill about just WHO we are lucky enough to be in the park with that day! Scott McCreary had won American Idol the prior Wednesday night and he was making a public appearance! Woohoo..now I don't really watch AI so I really had no clue who he was aside from the obvious. My mom and Madison, on the other hand, were giddy!! Turns out they missed his performance while we waited in a ride line. Had I known this was occuring today I NEVER would have chosen DHS for our park of the day!! But I had followed Touring Plans "Best" park recommendation...the one time they have ever let me down!!

Well, the announcement is over and the bulls are released from their captivity! Off we go to TSMM to obtain FPs and jump in stand-by. Well to make a long story short...Keith got lost, I had to track him down at Star Tours, the FPs were obtained but by the time we all were together to jump in stand-by the line was a long wait. I can't remember exactly but it was around 70 minutes or so I think.

So we decide breakfast is in order! We head to Starring Rolls where I had a chocolate croissant that was so good!!!

IMG_2345.jpg

And then we headed to my most favorite ride!!!

IMG_2348.jpg

But we decide to head on over to another very favorite ride first.

IMG_2359.jpg

Then it was back to ToT and a 45 minute wait but this ride is so worth it!!

IMG_2387.jpg

By this time most of the morning was gone and we had 11am-ish reservations for 50's Primetime! We love this place!!!

IMG_2390.jpg

The food is so good!!!!!

IMG_2406.jpg

Remember how amazing the last three days were with us accomplishing so much? Well this one is the complete opposite!! We finish lunch around 12:40pm and we have managed to 1) get a FP for TSMM, 2) eat breakfast, 3) ride RnR, 4) ride ToT and eat lunch at 50's PTC. Not so great!

We leave the restaurant and realize it is almost time for one of our favorite shows!!

IMG_2420.jpg

I always pretend Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford!! ;)

The show ends with a bang!

IMG_2455.jpg

And we head out to use our TSMM FPs:

IMG_2463.jpg

Then we head over to One Man's Dream. This is a favorite of mine and I knew my mom would love it too!! I was right!!

IMG_2480.jpg

This is just one reason why she loved it!

IMG_2489.jpg

We head out around 3pm and go back to the resort to rest. Moods were sour and the heat and crowds were not helping. This really made me wish we had Park Hoppers but with only two park days left and no real option to use the PHs so it would have been a waste of money.

Then after resting we headed to one of Keith's FAVORITE restaurants and a must at least once if not more each trip!! Off to DTD we go!

We get there a little early and shop some then we arrive

IMG_2514.jpg

Our yummy food!!

IMG_2536.jpg

And the whole group!

IMG_2534.jpg

We survived the meteor showers and upset dinos!

IMG_2519.jpg

Then we head off for our next destination! DHS Evening EMH! This is supposed to be a good time to go...well, not today!!!

We finally make it back to DHS around 7:30pm. TSMM wait time was still 120 minutes or so! So we head off for a journey through the great movies of all time!!!

IMG_2549.jpg

And then we decide to explore the Streets of America a bit!

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

And then I make a fatal mistake...Epic Fail!!! In 2010 Keith was sick the entire day due to motion sickness from Soarin'. Why oh why did I not remember this?! We head to

IMG_2590.jpg

And have one last smile before the day comes to a very unhappy end!

IMG_2597.jpg

We leave Star Tours and head to ToT for a night ride since it is amazing at night!!! But as we walk in that direction, Keith lags behind and rather than just telling me he doesn't feel well, he chooses not to complain, which leads me to blow up because through the whole awful day of trying to make things work...he was the one holding me together. So I decide we will just leave and we all go back to POFQ without saying a word. :sad2:

But tomorrow is another day!!

Oh my! What a day! :sad2:

The pictures of the crowds at DHS were enough to make me cringe. :headache:

I'm sorry that the day didn't end on the best note but I hope y'all rebounded with a great time the next day! :goodvibes

Oh my! What a day! :sad2:

The pictures of the crowds at DHS were enough to make me cringe. :headache:

I'm sorry that the day didn't end on the best note but I hope y'all rebounded with a great time the next day! :goodvibes

It did get better! :thumbsup2 Those crowds were terrible!! That was the one time I have ever felt the stresses of being in an overcrowded park. And I did nto like it!!! :snooty:

Well I fell one day behind. Yesterday was especially tough around my office since our boss who had been fighting cancer passed away. And then this morning we sent the oldest off to the other side of the world...literally! He will be going to Australia for one year! :eek: Here is a picture of our three kids (you have met Madison and Chris). Evan is on the far left:

IMG160.jpg

But now we get back to the regularly scheduled program!! I will just be one day behind rather than trying to catch up two in one day!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We began this morning with one of our most favorite character meals! We had an ADR in Animal Kingdom at 8am! I love getting into parks prior to rope drop! They feel so special! Keith opted out and this was probably one of the best things since he really doesn't care for character meals! He was much happier when he met us later!

IMG_2615.jpg

JUNGLE JUICE!!!!

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

After breakfast was over the park had been open for about 15 minutes...we headed over to Kilimanjaro Safari!

My favorite!!

IMG_2645.jpg

We then headed into the foggy mist of the Pangani Forest:

IMG_2670.jpg

While we were walking the paths Keith called to say he was in the park so we didn't linger too long. Soon we had met up with him and decided to go to one of the best shows at Disney!!

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

I tricked Keith into going to Festival of the Lion King...he managed but he is not a fan of anything that has singing in it!!

Then we went to It's Tough To Be a Bug where Madison nearly knocked my mom's teeth out when the spiders dropped!!

Sporting our bug glasses!!

IMG_2757.jpg

Next we headed over to Dinoland and went back in time....

AK6.jpg

And then....Expedition Everest!!! Three times!!!! Stand-by, Fast Pass and Single rider!

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

We then explored some more trails...this time they were filled with bats and tigers!!!

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

We took a short break and then it was time to use some FPs we had gotten for the safari again!

I got to see more giraffes!!!

IMG_2836.jpg

It was time to leave since we had a special ADR that night! First a family photo:

IMG_2850.jpg

And then back to the resort to freshen up before heading to Ft Wilderness! This became a bigger ordeal than I realized it would be. We drove but parking in the lot doesn't mean you are anywhere close to HDDR!! This year I plan to allow 3 hours!!

Hoop de Doo was amazingly fun!!! Even Keith liked it and suggested we go back this year!!!!!

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

We had great seats also!!

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

After we got back to the resort (about 8:30) we were beat!!! and these party animals hit the hay!! The next day was our last....I hate the last da
y!!!

I'm so sorry about your boss. So sad. :sad1:

How exciting that your oldest gets to go to Australia for a year. I would love to go there one day. :goodvibes

Looks like y'all had a much better day at AK! :thumbsup2 The picture from Dinosaur cracked me up. I think that is the only picture I've ever seen from that ride with so many relaxed looking people. :laughing:

I'm so sorry about your boss. So sad. :sad1:

How exciting that your oldest gets to go to Australia for a year. I would love to go there one day. :goodvibes

Looks like y'all had a much better day at AK! :thumbsup2 The picture from Dinosaur cracked me up. I think that is the only picture I've ever seen from that ride with so many relaxed looking people. :laughing:

Thanks, we all looked at her in a different way than most people see their bosses! She was much loved and respected!

I am so jealous he gets to go! I keep saying that would be a great way to spend Christmas...by visiting him!! :laughing:

AK was a much better day!! The funny thing about the Dinosaur picture was the two men behind me. They got terrified at that point where the dinosaur popped out and roared! I thought they were going to climb out of the vehicle! We have rode enough we usually do one of those texting, sleeping, etc pictures but not this time. I think Chris looks bored!! :rotfl:

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This was our last day at Disney...always so sad! And per tradition it was to be spent in Epcot...my favorite park!! I always try and plan Epcot on the last day because I enjoy being here so much!!

The morning began with me head over to the lobby to make changes to our dinner ADRs. I had planned a 5:30pm meal at Les Chefs de France. During the trip one of the many revelations made was that Keith did not like early ADRs so I headed out to see what changes could be made! We had two choices: Biergarten or Restaurant Marakkesh. I chose for us to eat in Morocco although later I wish I had chosen Biergarten! Marakkesh just wasn't as good as I remembered from our last trip!

Everyone meets me after the ADRs are changed and we grab some breakfast!

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

We then exit POFQ

IMG_2956.jpg

and make our way to the bus stop and Epcot! Our first stop is to grab FPs for Soarin' and then we ride Living with the Land!!

IMG_2982.jpg

This is one of my favorite rides at Epcot! Then we head out and over to:

IMG_2985.jpg

We finished Finding Nemo and began a trek to Journey into Imagination!

IMG_3035.jpg

After playing in the fountains some...

IMG_3063.jpg

We made our way to Club Cool and subjected my mom to the Beverly!! :sick:

Then we decided to wander into Innoventions. While we were here it began to rain. :sad2: And eventually it lightened up enough to make our way back to The Land and use those FPs for Soarin'!!

IMG_3094.jpg

Once we finish Soarin' we are ready for some lunch but the menu at Sunshine Seasons (my plan) wasn't enticing to most of our group. Keith wanted to eat at one of the countries so we took a boat ride in the rain:

IMG_3101.jpg

We landed in Italy and made our way to Germany where we ate at Sommersfest.

IMG_3113.jpg

It was VERY yummy!!!!

IMG_3122.jpg

We looked around Germany a bit before heading to Japan! I had planned to do Pick-a-Pearl for my mom and she loved it!!

IMG_3150.jpg

We shopped around a bit before heading back to the resort. We made a pit stop at Mousegears and while we were shopping the bottom let out!! A massive rain storm came through!! It slacked up enough for us to make it to the bus and return to the resort where we napped.

Around 4:30 or 5pm we headed back to Epcot for the evening! First we stopped in Canada and watched O' Canada which we all enjoyed!!

IMG_3182.jpg

Then we made our way to Morocco for our dinner ADRs!

IMG_3207.jpg

The dinner was fine but it just wasn't amazing...especially for a final WDW meal!!

We do some shopping and playing in Morocco before heading to France and the England where we shopped and enjoyed the new British band!!

IMG_3287.jpg

We wrapped up our evening walking around a bit more enjoying the sights...

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

Before settling between China and Germany to enjoy Illuminations!!

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

After Illuminations is over we slowly made our way out of Epcot, met Mickeystoontown which was exciting and fun!, and then we left. Our vacation was officially coming to an end. But the cool thing is I am not really looking back but looking forward to another one in just 34 days!!!

IMG_3380.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter