4 Days, 4 Parks and 4 Years in a Row…Here We Go!! July 2012 Update 7.1.12

I really liked CBR. It is really spread out so if you don't have a car, I would suggest requesting a room near Old Port Royale. Just my 2 cents. :) It is a beautiful resort!

And for the PP, OKW is one of my faves! Largest rooms and quite the DVC bargain. When I don't have a car, I like requesting a room near the Hospitality House.

Jill in CO

I love Caribbean Beach. The last time I stayed there we were in a Pirate Room because it was all they had. It wasn't my preference, but the resort is still beautiful nonetheless. Make sure you do some research in terms of building locations in relation to Old Port Royale, which is the food court area. Caribbean Beach is a big resort, and if you're a mug user (like me), location is really important.

I believe the Martinique and Trinidad North are preferred buildings, but those are good ones to be in. If not, then Jamaica and Aruba, picking a building close to the water. :goodvibes

And for the PP, OKW is one of my faves! Largest rooms and quite the DVC bargain. When I don't have a car, I like requesting a room near the Hospitality House.

Thanks for the tip about HH. I'm really looking forward to staying there. Just hope I can get my 7-month ressie!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip about HH. I'm really looking forward to staying there. Just hope I can get my 7-month ressie!!:goodvibes

HH is a special booking category....not extra points you just have to ask for it when you book. No worries about it being full...there are almost always some sort of rooms at OKW!

Jill in CO

How exciting that y'all get to try a new Mod! :thumbsup2 My best friend & her DH just took their kids on their 1st Disney trip this past Feb. They stayed at CBR & really liked it. I think they were in Jamaica & she said it was a good location.

I hated to read that you had a semi-bad experience with the travel agent. Apparently, she didn't really want to hlep you did she? If she had, she would have gotten back with you in a timely manner. Oh well, you already had the best travel agent in yourself so it all worked out. :thumbsup2

I am excited that you guys are giving the Caribbean Beach Resort a try. I hope that Keith loves it as much as John does otherwise I may be in hiding every time he comes to Monroe. :lmao: Seriously, if you are planning some resort down time, I think you'll be pleased with your resort choice.

Pretty great that you can use the military discount! Caribbean Beach looks like a beautiful resort. Since we're DVC members, I'm anxiously waiting for June so I can book our resort for January. I think we're going to try Old Key West this trip. Never stayed there and I'm on a quest to stay everywhere! :goodvibes It's really hard to choose I think (other than some resorts just don't fit my budget:sad2:) cause they all look beautiful and have their own charm! I loved staying at POP in February and if I could only stay at Values, I'd be fine with it. It's just so fun!

Can't wait to hear about the ADR's. Only on the DIS can one be excited for someone else's dinner ressies!

If it weren't for the military discount on the tickets our ADRs would not be too great! And we are all about the ADRs!! :goodvibes I agree, I love hearing about ADRs even when they belong to someone else!!

We have friends who are DVC owners and they love OKW. They especially like it on their laid back vacations. I plan to rent DVC points on the next trip and would have done do this one if time had allowed (payment/savings issues) but I don't think Keith would go for buying DVC...at least not right now!

I really liked CBR. It is really spread out so if you don't have a car, I would suggest requesting a room near Old Port Royale. Just my 2 cents. :) It is a beautiful resort!
Jill in CO

We stayed on the backside of CSR and it was such a long walk to the front of the resort! I want to avoid that and I have been looking over the maps trying to find where to request our room! Glad to hear you like it too!

I love Caribbean Beach. The last time I stayed there we were in a Pirate Room because it was all they had. It wasn't my preference, but the resort is still beautiful nonetheless. Make sure you do some research in terms of building locations in relation to Old Port Royale, which is the food court area. Caribbean Beach is a big resort, and if you're a mug user (like me), location is really important.

I believe the Martinique and Trinidad North are preferred buildings, but those are good ones to be in. If not, then Jamaica and Aruba, picking a building close to the water. :goodvibes

I remember your stay in the Pirate rooms! I love the concept but I think my kids would ahve rolled their eyes at me thinking I was trying to "baby-fy" them!! :laughing:

I have looked and I think Aruba buildings 51 and 52 or Jamaica building 45 would be my preference since we are in standard and not preferred.

How exciting that y'all get to try a new Mod! :thumbsup2 My best friend & her DH just took their kids on their 1st Disney trip this past Feb. They stayed at CBR & really liked it. I think they were in Jamaica & she said it was a good location.

I am so happy to hear so many people like CBR! I am excited to be trying a new place and was kind of happy that we had no othre options!

looking forward to reading more, :banana::banana:

Thank you! I hope to have a new post soon! :thumbsup2

I hated to read that you had a semi-bad experience with the travel agent. Apparently, she didn't really want to hlep you did she? If she had, she would have gotten back with you in a timely manner. Oh well, you already had the best travel agent in yourself so it all worked out. :thumbsup2

I am excited that you guys are giving the Caribbean Beach Resort a try. I hope that Keith loves it as much as John does otherwise I may be in hiding every time he comes to Monroe. :lmao: Seriously, if you are planning some resort down time, I think you'll be pleased with your resort choice.

The only reason I tried the TA was the no-obligation quote so I could do the math. I suppose my little 5 night room only stay wasn't worth her effort! I do love doing it myself! I think I should be a TA so I can just do reservations all over the place!! :rotfl:

If Keith doesn't like CBR then I will blame it all on you!! :lmao: I think he will enjoy staying there and he will mostly miss the boat ride to DTD. But then he is still getting that so maybe he will be happy all the way around!

Can I play too? I'm planning a sort of spur of the moment trip in July too. We will be there the 18th - 23rd, so we will overlap a little bit. Your plans look great so far :)

Can I play too? I'm planning a sort of spur of the moment trip in July too. We will be there the 18th - 23rd, so we will overlap a little bit. Your plans look great so far :)

Welcome!! I am so glad you want to play too!! :goodvibes I am finding a spur of the moment trip is pretty fun! It is an adventure to suddenly find out you get to go to Disney! :goodvibes

This PTR may be over before it even got started good! :eek:

We got some good news today that was accompanied by sad news! The good news was that Madison was chosen for the varsity soccer team at her high school!! :yay: The sad news is that the mandatory soccer camp is the week of our planned vacation and we are currently trying to come up with an alternative! :sad1: The kids summer is so jam packed with mission trips, youth camps and school related camps that we can't locate another week which was why this particular week was chosen in the first place.

Keith informed me that this must have been my wicked scam:rotfl:...take him to Disney for a few years and get him to enjoying it where he wants to go (especially Epcot) and now have to back out! At least he has admitted to me that he was looking forward to this trip!! :banana:

Hopefully I can just turn this into a PTR for another week/month trip! I will update you!!

Oh no!

You know what they say about the best laid plans.

I really hope that you're able to turn it around and get a different date. Trust me, I know what that's like! I had to do it in a days notice. Glad you will at least have the opportunity to figure everything out.

Congratulations to Madison!

But, man oh man, I sure hope you can find another time to get to Disney. I'm sure the whole family will be upset if the trip has to be scrapped all together. Hope you'll be able to come back & update us with some new travel dates! :goodvibes

Oh no!

You know what they say about the best laid plans.

I really hope that you're able to turn it around and get a different date. Trust me, I know what that's like! I had to do it in a days notice. Glad you will at least have the opportunity to figure everything out.

I remember your last minute changes and I felt so bad for you guys! You just never know what can change no matter how much planning! Things are looking up though!!

Congratulations to Madison!

But, man oh man, I sure hope you can find another time to get to Disney. I'm sure the whole family will be upset if the trip has to be scrapped all together. Hope you'll be able to come back & update us with some new travel dates! :goodvibes

Thanks! Madison was so excited and then bummed about the vacation dates! I am working on Plan B right now! I may post what "was to be" and then come back with "what is now"! :faint:

Congratulations to Madison! Those high school sports are important too! Hope you can find another week for your trip (sounds like you're already on track to do so). At first I was thinking maybe fall for F&W but that would cut out the kids so..........can't wait to hear the new plan!

Oh no! Well, I guess that's not quite what I wanted to say. I guess "oh no, you might have to delay your trip" but "congratulations to Madison" is also in order.

Oh no, I didn't even get a chance to join and already your trip is in jeopardy.

Hope it all works out, I'm sure you'll find an alternate week to go.

Congratulations to Madison! Those high school sports are important too! Hope you can find another week for your trip (sounds like you're already on track to do so). At first I was thinking maybe fall for F&W but that would cut out the kids so..........can't wait to hear the new plan!

That is how we feel and we felt it unfair to make her miss camp which would result in a year with no soccer but then missing vacation is unfair too! Oh how I want to go to F&W but it does leave the kids out. After this whole discussion with Keith though I can smell F&W somewhere in my future!! :cool1:

Oh no! Well, I guess that's not quite what I wanted to say. I guess "oh no, you might have to delay your trip" but "congratulations to Madison" is also in order.

I will let Madison know you passed along congrats! The good thing is that it appears it won't be a delay! ;) I have been a busy bee today!!

Oh no, I didn't even get a chance to join and already your trip is in jeopardy.

Hope it all works out, I'm sure you'll find an alternate week to go.

:yay: I am so happy you are here! And it appears that you will not have to miss out on much at all!! :banana: The crazy thing is that it is Keith who has been so insistent on finding something that will work!! Yes you read that correctly!!

More to come soon....I don't want to leave too much suspense!!

Waiting ever so patiently for you to fill us in on the plans. Inquiring minds wanna know.:hyper:

Don't you love the suspense!! popcorn:: I just got details down! And I was planning to update right now but an invite to lunch has trumped that plan! :rolleyes1 But I have it ready and will post very soon!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter