4/8/13 - Wonder 5 night Western - who's in?

Is anyone getting really dressed up for the Formal night? I read that it is "optional" on this sailing. I wonder if that will make folks hesitant to really get decked out?
Liz

Hi, Liz. I'm guessing more people will dress up than not, because it is only one night. We'll be 'date-night dressy' with two sweaty kids dragged reluctantly from the Oceaneers. :woohoo:

Is anyone getting really dressed up for the Formal night? I read that it is "optional" on this sailing. I wonder if that will make folks hesitant to really get decked out?
Liz

We'll be dressed up, and we still do a "business casual" for the other nights. We've alway enjoyed dressing up a bit for dinner on the cruises.

More Atlantans here... We live in NE Atlanta, near Doraville and Tucker. Every day when the kids wake up, they want to know if its the Mickey Boat day. We are all SO ready to be on vacation. We're leaving Saturday morning and driving to Vero Beach, and staying there until Monday morning. Not really looking forward to the long drive :car: but we've got movies loaded on the iPad, so hopefully that will do the trick. :earsboy:

Would love to finish packing today, but we'll see. All the kids and DH stuff is pulled out, I just need to get my casual clothes pulled out. I always defer to DH for the actual packing, since he is the master packer. :worship:

More Atlantans here... We live in NE Atlanta, near Doraville and Tucker. Every day when the kids wake up, they want to know if its the Mickey Boat day. We are all SO ready to be on vacation. We're leaving Saturday morning and driving to Vero Beach, and staying there until Monday morning. Not really looking forward to the long drive :car: but we've got movies loaded on the iPad, so hopefully that will do the trick. :earsboy:

Would love to finish packing today, but we'll see. All the kids and DH stuff is pulled out, I just need to get my casual clothes pulled out. I always defer to DH for the actual packing, since he is the master packer. :worship:

Funny, I just told the kids last night to get me a list of movies/shows for the iPad's and iPod's. Even bought the converter cable to hool the iDevices up to the video system in the Odyseey :wizard:. We're driving to Ft Lauderdale Sunday. Ughhh. At least the cruise is the next day. It's the drive back that will not be fun. We're planning on hitting the Everglades NP and then stay the night in Orlando before driving the rest of the way back on Sunday.

Yea!!!! 5 days and counting.......

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

1/2 way done packing.... looking so forward to our cruise and the nice - sunny - warm weather!

:goodvibes

I DID!! I went there for 2 years before entering the medical school affiliated with it. Now that we live in atlanta...i am hard pressed to meet anyone who has even heard of Akron.

I DID!! I went there for 2 years before entering the medical school affiliated with it. Now that we live in atlanta...i am hard pressed to meet anyone who has even heard of Akron.

Hmm. Akron, the city not the school, was the sponsor city of the USS Seawolf SSN-21. Anyone from that area know or remember that?

File under: Baby Steps

FE gifts are finished and packed. So at least the important stuff is done :thumbsup2

U of Akron has a good nursing school too. Did you go to the NEO School of Medicine over by Kent? Again a very good medical school too! It's amazing that not many people have heard about Akron since it is the home of the Goodyear Co.,the Firestone Co., Sterling Jlrs (parent company of Kay Jlrs), the Inventors Hall of Fame and in the early years the Quaker Oats Co. Mark and I are looking forward to meeting you next week!

4 days!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Almost time to start getting truly excited. Unfortunately, I still haven't packed a thing. My wife has pretty much laid out all of the kids stuff though. The dogs know what that means so they're giving us the guilt trip look. Just need to finish the ironing today and I'll be able to start getting ready.

Thankfully, it's a telecommute day. :yay: And it's looking like only a conference call for tomorrow! Vacation is almost here!!!!!

Hi All! Only four days to go!! :yay:

Since lots of folks are traveling on Saturday, I'm sending out THE LAST UPDATE of our Cruise Roll Call and FE list. There are two sheets in the workbook at the below link which you can flip between at the very bottom of the page.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGRCXU0fPMhdGFjUVgwMmZVc083R25US3EzWjJVWWc&usp=sharing

Don't forget to look for The Most WONDER-ful Pirates Ever!! sign at the cruise meets. The first is on embarkation day at the Mickey Pool at 2:30pm and the second is in the Promenade Lounge at 2:30 on the first sea day (Tuesday). We can't wait to meet all of our new friends and have a great trip together.

party:

Thanks, Jessica, for organizing all of this! This is our first cruise and we're all so excited. Even though we will be traveling with friends, my kids are excited about getting to know some other kids their ages.

Safe travels, everyone! Here's hoping for a clear path on I-75. I'm just hoping that by leaving tomorrow mid-day we'll beat most of the spring break rush from Atlanta. :)

See you on Monday!

Thanks, Jessica, for organizing all of this! This is our first cruise and we're all so excited. Even though we will be traveling with friends, my kids are excited about getting to know some other kids their ages.

Safe travels, everyone! Here's hoping for a clear path on I-75. I'm just hoping that by leaving tomorrow mid-day we'll beat most of the spring break rush from Atlanta. :)

See you on Monday!

Yes! Wishing safe travels to everyone!

4 days and counting!!!!!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Finish packing tonight.... then off to the airport tomorrow evening.....:drive:

Thank you to Jessica for putting the FE and also Roll-call together. :worship:

Looking forward to meeting everyone Monday!

Safe travels......:moped:

See you on Monday!

We will be right behind you on I-75 mid-day tomorrow as well so we are definitely hoping for smooth sailing out of town in the break between the morning and afternoon rush hours! Yes - definitely everyone have a safe trip whether driving or flying. The kids are well beyond excited. The car is packed all that is left is to start the journey tomorrow afternoon.

During our "pre-packing" last night, DH and I made the Dismeet sign. Its about 10"x12" in size but hopefully will be easy enough to spot at the Mickey pool.

Can't wait to meet everyone on Monday and Tuesday! :hyper: Safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter