4/8/13 - Wonder 5 night Western - who's in?

Jessica, thanks for doing this...we are in room 6026 and/or 6024 connected rooms...just 1 FE. our names are Ajeet (DH) and Shruti...thanks..also i am so excited to see folks from akron, OH on the LIST...GO ZIPS!

Univ of Akron is a very good school and they had a great basketball team this year. :cheer2: Did you attend U of A?

The Wonder is my favorite ship so far, too. We were on both the Dream and the Fantasy last year, and while they were both beautiful, they were just too darn big for me. (And my kids - two of them were totally overwhelmed)

We have sailed on the Magic for our first Disney cruise and LOVED the ship!! I'm sure we will love the Wonder as well. We booked a cruise on the Fantasy for December so we'll get to try out the bigger ships and new options that are available but I think we will always have great memories of the Magic and the great crew members we met during our first sailing.

Yes..... 6 days and counting!!!!! just can't wait...

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Can not wait!!!!!!

We actually just finished packing 98% of our things for the trip so we are going to hopefully have a stress-free weekend as we may our way to the port. The kids are so excited they keep asking if we are leaving. The are looking forward to the cruise and meeting new friends onboard! :hourglass

I'll start laying out my stuff tonight. This way the dogs can lay all over it and I can export as many dog hairs out of my house as possible......

LOVE that plan. We have a kitty and have been closing the door to the office to keep her off of our stuff, but maybe her hair would be a great addition. :rotfl:

Is anyone going to Nachi on our Cozumel day?

We hemmed and hawed, and finally said "let's just do it" last night.

Hoping the kids will have enough to do - they're usually pretty happy with sand and water - but would love to know if others are taking kiddos.

We considered Mr Sanchos, but were worried it would be too crazy for our liking, especially since it's still spring break season.

Hoping the kids will have enough to do - they're usually pretty happy with sand and water - but would love to know if others are taking kiddos.

We considered Mr Sanchos, but were worried it would be too crazy for our liking, especially since it's still spring break season.

We'll be there with our kiddo. :)

IrenicMom said:

We'll also be there with a 1 and almost 4-year old :)

We are doing Nachi in Cozumel as well. We have a 4 yr old boy and 7 year old girl. Sounds like there are other families with young children too! Yeah!!!

We have sailed on the Magic for our first Disney cruise and LOVED the ship!! I'm sure we will love the Wonder as well. We booked a cruise on the Fantasy for December so we'll get to try out the bigger ships and new options that are available but I think we will always have great memories of the Magic and the great crew members we met during our first sailing.

It's too close to call between the Magic and Wonder and a matter of personal preference. Route 66 and the Cadillac Lounge tip the scales for me. The Dream is not far behind, but it is big and dining rooms are tight. They are all spectacular and I am glad for every minute spent on each of them. :worship:

Is anyone getting really dressed up for the Formal night? I read that it is "optional" on this sailing. I wonder if that will make folks hesitant to really get decked out?
Liz

We actually just finished packing 98% of our things for the trip so we are going to hopefully have a stress-free weekend as we may our way to the port. The kids are so excited they keep asking if we are leaving. The are looking forward to the cruise and meeting new friends onboard! :hourglass

Hey, I see you're also in the Atlanta area. I think I've done about 2% of my packing -- want to come help me out? ;) We're checking the kids out of school at lunchtime Friday so we can get as far as LBV and then drive to Miami Saturday morning. We're spending the weekend with my husband's grandmother, which will be nice, but I have SO much to do still. And instead of packing I spent the afternoon with squirrelly 5th-graders for Girl Scouts. Yay. :)

We're in Gwinnett, btw, and our friends who are traveling with us are in East Cobb.

Glad there are other families doing Nachi!

We're not dressing up for formal night on this cruise. We have in the past, but this time, we're not really doing any special dressing nights. We're stressed to the max and just need to chill. The special nights makes for more work for me :rolleyes2

Two kids are packed. Husband pulled stuff, but isn't packed up yet. One kid just moved back into his bedroom tonight after a 4 week renovation project. Oops. Probably didn't time that well!! But, I'll have him pull stuff tonight. I might even pack for myself sometime soon :rotfl:

Is anyone getting really dressed up for the Formal night? I read that it is "optional" on this sailing. I wonder if that will make folks hesitant to really get decked out?
Liz

We won't be! :rotfl:

Maybe on our next cruise.

For the Atlantans, we're coming from the Douglas, Paulding, and I think the other family is Cobb. First cruise for the majority of our party. Everyone is super excited. We've been telling them they have a reason to be!

For the Atlantans, we're coming from the Douglas, Paulding, and I think the other family is Cobb. First cruise for the majority of our party. Everyone is super excited. We've been telling them they have a reason to be!

One of my best friends lives in Sandy Springs now - they just moved out of Buckhead about 10 months ago. We're flying to FL this year; we usually stop and see them on our way to/from.

Hey, I see you're also in the Atlanta area. I think I've done about 2% of my packing -- want to come help me out? ;) We're checking the kids out of school at lunchtime Friday so we can get as far as LBV and then drive to Miami Saturday morning. We're spending the weekend with my husband's grandmother, which will be nice, but I have SO much to do still. And instead of packing I spent the afternoon with squirrelly 5th-graders for Girl Scouts. Yay. :)

We're in Gwinnett, btw, and our friends who are traveling with us are in East Cobb.

Girl Scouts -- sounds like fun! We had a nice lull in team activities these last few months, so swim team will start us off with the kid frenzy soon enough.

Btw, we're also checking our boys out of school on Friday noon ... so the Truancy Officers will be looking you as well!? We're packed except toiletries. I'm so excited, I can be easily talked into slinging clothes into bags and taping luggage tags to anything immobile. :wizard:

We're heading to Clearwater for the weekend first then over to Miami on Sunday afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter