3rd Time's the Charm!? A 2014 PTR *NEW 11/21!*

Happy Monday everyone!!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend! Mine was a regular weekend, but still a pretty good one. I worked on Saturday and spent the day with DH on Sunday. Sunday is the only day that DH and I are off together so we try to make the most of them - although they always seem to be shorter than the other days of the week :rotfl:

Today is going to be a bit busy, I have a doctors appointment, then I'm going to my mom's daycare to work for a while, and I'm making some yummy lasagna for dinner tonight! I have been thinking about this trip almost non-stop though, so I plan to put up another little update that lays out our plans as they are looking right now.

I hope that you all have a magical day and I'll be back with an update soon :goodvibes

Hi. :wave2: Followed you over from my PTR. I've read the first page and last page here, but still have to catch up on the rest.

ETA: Ok, I'm up to speed.

First of all, I'm sorry you had to go through a miscarriage. I don't think I've ever mentioned it on the boards before, but we lost a baby before DS was born. It was tough, but the way we look at it now is that it is a shame we never got to know the baby, but it must have been meant to be. We wouldn't have DS if it weren't for that, and we're pretty happy to have him around. And it looks like you do have some good news and something to look forward to now, so that is exciting!!!

I think you'll have a lot of fun going in December with a 10-11 month old. Obviously you have to adjust your plans to what the baby will allow, but we definitely had a great time with DD when she was about 7 months last December.

Hi. :wave2: Followed you over from my PTR. I've read the first page and last page here, but still have to catch up on the rest.

ETA: Ok, I'm up to speed.

First of all, I'm sorry you had to go through a miscarriage. I don't think I've ever mentioned it on the boards before, but we lost a baby before DS was born. It was tough, but the way we look at it now is that it is a shame we never got to know the baby, but it must have been meant to be. We wouldn't have DS if it weren't for that, and we're pretty happy to have him around. And it looks like you do have some good news and something to look forward to now, so that is exciting!!!

I think you'll have a lot of fun going in December with a 10-11 month old. Obviously you have to adjust your plans to what the baby will allow, but we definitely had a great time with DD when she was about 7 months last December.

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by and commenting! While losing a baby is one of the worst things you can go through, you definitely have a great outlook on things. I do try to just keep reminding myself that everything in my life has led me to where I am now, and I couldn't be happier about this baby! A lot of people take babies to WDW, and we went when we were young as well, so while it will definitely be different, we are so excited for it!

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by and commenting! While losing a baby is one of the worst things you can go through, you definitely have a great outlook on things. I do try to just keep reminding myself that everything in my life has led me to where I am now, and I couldn't be happier about this baby! A lot of people take babies to WDW, and we went when we were young as well, so while it will definitely be different, we are so excited for it!

I have to say that one regret I have is that I did not take my boys to Disney World when they were smaller (like toddler stage). Disney is the absolute best place for children, big and small and you will have such an amazing time seeing the world through your child's eyes.

Hope your doctor's appointment went well today.

I have to say that one regret I have is that I did not take my boys to Disney World when they were smaller (like toddler stage). Disney is the absolute best place for children, big and small and you will have such an amazing time seeing the world through your child's eyes.

Hope your doctor's appointment went well today.

I completely agree! I never understand people who say that they refuse to take their children until they are "X" years old. Disney is great for any age, and I think that it is amazing to see your children enjoying the parks, even if they are too young to really remember things.

My doctor's appointment went very well, thank you for mentioning it :)

I guess I will write a quick post just to say that my doctor's appointment went very well today!

All of my blood work and tests that I've had done to date with this pregnancy (with the exception of the NT scan that I just had) have come back with great results!

My OB even commented on how impressed she was with my iron levels, something that is really awesome for me because I don't eat a lot of meat so I have low iron levels a lot of the time. I have been eating a lot more meat and protein since I've become pregnant, so at least I know that it is working!

The last thing that she did in my appointment was use the doppler to check baby's heart rate. This is the first time that I've had experience with the doppler, and I was blown away! As soon as she put the wand on my stomach I could hear the little heart thumping away! My OB said "wow, that was easy" lol It was the most incredible sound that I've ever heard :goodvibes

I managed to keep myself together as I left the office. They gave me my next appointment and ultrasound dates and then I made my way back to the car. In the car is when I started crying. I've cried at every appointment I've had. I just cannot believe that I have the good fortune to have things working out so beautifully and to have this new little life growing inside of me. I can only hope that things continue on this way!

You can't ask for a better appointment than that. Getting to hear the heart beat and approval from the ob. Keep eating that protein!

And it's always exciting when that next appointment includes an ultrasound.

You can't ask for a better appointment than that. Getting to hear the heart beat and approval from the ob. Keep eating that protein!

And it's always exciting when that next appointment includes an ultrasound.

Definitely can't ask for better than that! :goodvibes

Good morning everyone!

I have been thinking about this trip almost non-stop lately, so I figured I'd post a little update with some preliminary plans! I am sure that a lot is going to change, since we have over a year before this trip is happening, but I like to get things laid out as soon as I can, and well, planning is fun!!

Who
This is probably going to change somewhat, now that it is not an anniversary trip for DH and I. So our cast is going to include...

Me (in case you wanted a refresher of what I look like) and DH (who doesn't always look like this much of a creeper!)

Baby Bean! (who is going to look a lot different when the trip rolls around :rotfl:)

And in addition to our little family, we will probably be spending time with my mom, my grandparents, my brothers, etc. There is talk right now of a big family trip happening, so everyone will be at WDW at the same time. DH and I have discussed how we really want to take a trip of our own (we haven't since our honeymoon) so we might go a few days earlier, or stay at a different resort and just meet up from time to time or something. There is a lot up in the air about all of this right now.

When
We are currently planning for December 2014. We used to do December all of the time, and we went December 12-17 2012 and it was amazing, so I'm excited to be planning for this time of year again.

Where
This is also still way up in the air, and it will depend on a lot of things. Our main contenders at this time are...

Wilderness Lodge

(Photo not mine)
DH and I had discussed staying at WL for our anniversary trip, so that is one place that we are considering.

Bay Lake Tower

(Photo not mine)
Friends of ours took their 8 month old to WDW and stayed at BLT and loved the convenience of being able to walk to and from MK. MK is our favourite park and it is where we will go the most, so this is a definite perk for us. If we stay here, it will probably be in a villa with my family.

These are our top two choices right now, but again it could change. We might also do a split stay and the 3 of us stay somewhere for a few days before meeting up with my family at BLT for the rest of the trip.

Other
- We will most likely be flying in via Southwest, and using DME
- Tickets for MVMCP are definitely in order!
- We might plan for a day or two with no park passes to just enjoy the resort/pools and things like DTD.

So that is what we are thinking about right now! In case you can't tell, I'm super excited about everything. I will probably do separate park posts like I did before but update them now that we are bringing the baby, because I know that there will be some changes.

What a fun trip to be planning!! I've been doing research for my sister since she'll be bringing my nephew who will be about 8 months old. There are a lot of great threads about bringing babies to WDW. I'd check them out!

BLT would make a very convenient place to stay at with a baby. The walkway to MK is so easy and such a nice walk. The WL is absolutely gorgeous at Christmas time though!

I just have to say... I know it's just an ultrasound but the shape of your baby's little face is so precious! I love its little nose!! :goodvibes Ah, so precious.

I can't exactly argue with any reason for staying at BLT, and walking would definitely be convenient. I just want to mention one thing. The boat launch from WL is pretty great too and when we stayed there with DS we were able to just roll the stroller right onto the boat.

How wonderful that your appointments went so well! Very excited for you and your DH!!
I like the plans so far, for what they are. BLT does sound awfully appealing being so close to MK.
I've never done December, but I have done November and it's pretty magical, I can just bet December would be too!

Okay, I just found this...so it will take me a while to catch up. But I will do so over the weekend while hubby is in Vegas.

What a fun trip to be planning!! I've been doing research for my sister since she'll be bringing my nephew who will be about 8 months old. There are a lot of great threads about bringing babies to WDW. I'd check them out!

BLT would make a very convenient place to stay at with a baby. The walkway to MK is so easy and such a nice walk. The WL is absolutely gorgeous at Christmas time though!

I just have to say... I know it's just an ultrasound but the shape of your baby's little face is so precious! I love its little nose!! :goodvibes Ah, so precious.

It is so much fun! Thanks for the recommendation about the threads, I've seen a couple but haven't really looked yet, so I will make sure that I do. It is going to be hard to choose where to stay, we might need to do a split stay! I always have a hard time choosing because I love all of the resorts :rotfl:

I can't exactly argue with any reason for staying at BLT, and walking would definitely be convenient. I just want to mention one thing. The boat launch from WL is pretty great too and when we stayed there with DS we were able to just roll the stroller right onto the boat.

I have definitely given some thought to the boat launch. We used the boat a fair bit when we stayed at GF and I did really enjoy it, so I agree with you that it is also a good thing to have. This is really not going to be an easy decision!

How wonderful that your appointments went so well! Very excited for you and your DH!!
I like the plans so far, for what they are. BLT does sound awfully appealing being so close to MK.
I've never done December, but I have done November and it's pretty magical, I can just bet December would be too!

Thank you :) I really do love how close to MK BLT is, and MK is my favourite park so I always spend more time there than anywhere else. If you ever get a chance to go in December, I would really recommend it. It is such a wonderful time of year. And even though I live in Canada and am used to having snow with Christmas, it still feels like Christmas in WDW even with the warmer weather. Seeing the snow on Main Street at MVMCP last year made me cry!

Okay, I just found this...so it will take me a while to catch up. But I will do so over the weekend while hubby is in Vegas.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I hope that you enjoy your weekend, even though Mark is going to be in Vegas without you!

Nothing better than your first heartbeat and your first ultrasound pictures!

I think both WL and BLT are great choices for your trip. I might be a little partial to WL because its decorated so beautifully at Christmas time.

Nothing better than your first heartbeat and your first ultrasound pictures!

I think both WL and BLT are great choices for your trip. I might be a little partial to WL because its decorated so beautifully at Christmas time.

I agree! Hearing that heartbeat was amazing. I cry at every single appointment lol Happy tears of course.

WL really is gorgeous at Christmas time, and when I was pricing it for our trip that we were supposed to be taking this year, I was really happy with the numbers that I was seeing. More and more I'm thinking that a split-stay might be in order this trip!

Hey Krysten! I think I'm all caught up.

Your wedding pics are absolutely beautiful! :goodvibes

I'm so happy to hear your doc appointments have gone well.

Your resort choices look great.

I'm excited to read your updated park plans now that you'll be bringing your little one along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter