3rd Time's the Charm!? A 2014 PTR *NEW 11/21!*

Disney9.9.10

DIS Veteran
Hellllllloooooo Disboards!!

Welcome to my PTR!

I have gone back and forth so many times about whether or not I was going to start this report, and I decided to take the plunge and go for it! I will be taking my next trip (girls only) in 5 days, so I have nothing to plan anymore, and I really need things to plan!

First things first. The title. 3rd Time's the Charm. What does that mean, you ask? Well let me explain...

DH and I got married in September of 2010 at the Wedding Pavilion in WDW. Here we are
KM17879-9-10-2.jpg

Photo courtesy of Mr. Randy Chapman (he is amazing)
DSC04190.jpg

Photo courtesy of Disney Fine Art Photography - This is a picture of a picture because I haven't bought my disk yet, but it is one of my favourites

The day was perfect. Everything was so well taken care of, I was completely relaxed - which is uncharacteristic of me! DFTW does an amazing job - I always tell people that we are so lucky to have been able to get married there. We had our honeymoon at the GF and it was fantastic.

Okay, I'm getting a little off track here, I will tell you where the 3 comes in. My reasons are 3-fold:
First of all, this will be our 3rd anniversary
Second of all, we have not taken a proper vacation in 3 years
Third, we tried to take a vacation twice last year, and that didn't work out. So this will be our 3rd attempt at a vacation for us to celebrate our anniversary.

We had a cruise booked for Sept 2012. Then I lost my job because the company is closing. We changed it to January 2013 to give us some time to save up the money to go. Then I found out that I was pregnant, so we decided to just cancel that trip. Unfortunately, 3 months ago, we lost our sweet baby. So life has not really been great for us lately. I now have a new job and am finishing up my degree at school, so we feel that we deserve this vacation. Hopefully when we book (for the 3rd time) we will get to actually go on this vacation!

So I wanted to start a PTR to have a place to gather all of my thoughts and planning ideas for this trip. At this point, nothing is solid, other than the fact that DH said Yes to a vacation in September. And really, 9 months is not that far away, so the way I see it, I really need to get planning :rotfl:

Coming up next... meet the cast

So I'm really not good with the "suspense" thing when I write PTR's and TR's... I get too excited and just want to share everything I have all at once! I will keep some things to post another day, but I am going to at least do the "Cast" post. Hopefully that will hold me over, it isn't overly exciting anyway :rotfl:

So here we gooo... off to neverland!!... okay, really, cast members!

Krysten (me)
IMG_0607.jpg

Not the best picture of me, but probably the most recent. This was taken while having our annual decorating-mom's-tree-get-together. I am holding my cockapoo, Scarlett. She is not looking impressed in her Santa hat! She is a great little dog though, I love her to bits. She will be staying with our families while we are gone.

Some info about me: I am 25, got married to DH September 9th, 2010 at the Wedding Pavilion in WDW. I am currently finishing a degree in Psychology. I enjoy all things Disney, as well as scrapbooking, yoga, reading, crafting, card making, and spending time with the people I love.

DH, M
DSC05067.jpg

This is him in the summer of 2011.

Some info about M. He is 24 and has the same birthday (but a year later) than me! He is almost finished an apprenticeship in Autobody. He loves cars, Kiss, hockey and spending time with family and friends. He is not a big Disney fan like I am, but I am working on him :rolleyes1

Up next... where are we going?

I'm in :banana: I'm not to good at the creating suspense either...:ssst: haha! Have fun on your trip, post pictures!

I'm in :banana: I'm not to good at the creating suspense either...:ssst: haha! Have fun on your trip, post pictures!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I will post a few pictures here from my December trip, and then if anyone wants to see more, I'm also writing a TR for that trip!

New day, new post! So we left off after Cast Members were introduced. And now it is time to discuss where we are going. Hmmm... Let me think... This trip is barely in the works right now, and all DH has said is "Let's go on a trip". That leaves us with a few options to consider...

1. Cruise and WDW
DCL.jpg

This is the trip that we tried to take already and had to cancel. DH has never been on a cruise before, so I really want to take him on one. Plus, while we are there, a few days at WDW never hurt anyone...:rolleyes1 The prices for this trip can be pretty flexible depending on where we stay and flights to MCO from here are usually really cheap - Big Plus! We have a lot of flexibility with dates, and lengths of cruise and WDW stay. I like things that are familiar to me, and this definitely fits that category. A cruise is also a nice, relaxing vacation, which we definitely need.

2. DLR
DLR.jpg

DH and I both want to go to California, and with this trip we could do that and go to Disney! Plus, I have never gone to DL before, so this would be something new for me as well. I don't know how I'd feel about DL after seeing WDW so many times (I'm a WDW girl at heart) but it can be fun to try new things. I haven't looked into any pricing at all for this trip but I'm sure it will cost us more for flights anyway. I'm not sure what other things DH would want to do in California, and I want this to be a relaxing vacation, so we might have to save this one for another time. I will look into logistics and see what DH thinks. Even if it isn't super relaxing, a change of scenery is always nice.

3. Aulani
Aulani.jpg

I want to go to Hawaii so bad, and if I can do it Disney-style, all the better! This is a great trip for DH and I to take, just the two of us. It is the relaxing trip that we both really need right now. The only problem with this option, is the pricing. As things stand right now (after being laid off all summer) I am not sure if this is an option for us. Flights alone would probably cost as much as a short cruise! I did look at Aulani pricing for dates around our Anniversary though, and it is "value" season, so the room pricing was not bad at all - definite plus!

*None of those pictures are mine, I googled to get the images*

So as you can see, I've got a lot of work ahead of me! But I like this type of "work". Feel free to give me your vote on which vacation you think we should take!

All of your choices look fabulous, I would do any of those happily. It will be fun to see what you decide on. Hawaii is my dream destination some day. I truly hope the third time IS the charm, you have had a very difficult time and I can actually relate to some of it all too well. You are/were an absolutely GORGEOUS bride! :goodvibes

All of your choices look fabulous, I would do any of those happily. It will be fun to see what you decide on. Hawaii is my dream destination some day. I truly hope the third time IS the charm, you have had a very difficult time and I can actually relate to some of it all too well. You are/were an absolutely GORGEOUS bride! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! It means a lot to read this from you, I only know about some of the difficulties your family has faced from reading a previous report a while ago. You are bringing tears to my eyes. It is kind of ironic that you just posted here because I just started looking at one of your reports. I will comment at some point!

Awwww your cockapoo is so cute!!! I do like that color.

You definitely do deserve a vacation.

I love your wedding data! My birthday is September 9th!

Awwww your cockapoo is so cute!!! I do like that color.

You definitely do deserve a vacation.

I love your wedding data! My birthday is September 9th!

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by! I'm quite taken by my dog lol She is such a wonderful little girl. September 9th is a great day!

I'm subbing on... I can't wait to hear what you decide to do... How awesome to get married at Disney... I want to go back through your reports to see if there are more photos...:goodvibes

I am really sorry for your loss... :hug: I don't know all of your details... but I do know a think about pregnancy loss... there aren't almost 8 years between my son & daughter on purpose...

I'm going to go and check out your girl's trip report next...

I'm subbing on... I can't wait to hear what you decide to do... How awesome to get married at Disney... I want to go back through your reports to see if there are more photos...:goodvibes

I am really sorry for your loss... :hug: I don't know all of your details... but I do know a think about pregnancy loss... there aren't almost 8 years between my son & daughter on purpose...

I'm going to go and check out your girl's trip report next...

:welcome: Thank you for coming by and commenting! There are lots more photos in my wedding PJ/TR if you are interested. Thank you as well for your comment about the loss - it really is more common than people think and many people don't talk about it. But with the amount of ignorance on the subject, I think it is important to talk about. I am sorry for your loss(es) as well. I plan on having this PTR be more positive from here on out though!

I am leaving for my quick girls trip today!!

We are leaving here when my mom finishes work and crossing the border to spend the night at the airport hotel. Our flight is fairly early (although not as early as we usually fly) so it is just easier, and then nobody has to worry about driving us there or picking us up.

So I doubt that I will be on the boards at all while I'm in WDW - it is a vacation after all! So I will see you real soon!

Hi there

I have been reading your wedding trip report and it is wonderful and saw you had another one started.

I am so sorry for your recent loss - my sister went through the same thing a few years back so have some understanding. I now have the most beautiful nephew so we were lucky in the long run.

Onto brighter things - looking forward to this report and what you decide to do in the long run.

Cheers

Hi there

I have been reading your wedding trip report and it is wonderful and saw you had another one started.

I am so sorry for your recent loss - my sister went through the same thing a few years back so have some understanding. I now have the most beautiful nephew so we were lucky in the long run.

Onto brighter things - looking forward to this report and what you decide to do in the long run.

Cheers

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope that we are as lucky as your family!

Well I am back from my quick all-girls trip!

It was a really nice little get away and I needed it. The crowds were manageable, the weather was pretty good, and I love WDW at Christmas time! I will post a couple of pictures here when I get them uploaded, but I am writing a full report if you are interested (link in my signature).

On a note related to this PTR... While I was in WDW I got to thinking (which can be dangerous! lol). I was thinking about how awesome WDW is at Christmas, how nice the weather was, and how DH has never been that time of year. So I am currently thinking about switching our trip to December (if we decide on WDW)! I haven't even really started with this trip and I am already changing things lol But DH has seasonal allergies and isn't a fan of the heat and humidity so I think that he would enjoy WDW so much more in December. I mentioned this to him already and he really seems up for it!! We could still use it as an Anniversary trip, it will just be a bit later.

Anyway, now I have even more thinking and planning to do! I think that WDW/cruise is our most likely trip option at this point, and switching it to December won't be a big deal. Only time will tell!

So happy you had a great get away and I LOVE the idea of a December trip, I hope to do that some day.

A cruise AND WDW...my kind of fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter